Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) (84852 Views)

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It / Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Success410: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2019
madridguy:
First, May God bless you brother for saving this woman. You have made a huge sacrifice and only God can reward you for.

I can relate with your story brother because I've been in your shoe before both in Lagos and Ogun state respectively.

As my late father used to say, " It can happen to anybody " i used to wonder how people feel bringing out phone recording people in need of help? What do they do with the videos, share on their status or page for worthless likes and comments?

As for the doctors, i don't blame them since majority of them are heartless and wicked. They derive joy in seeing dead people since our government won't question them.

I could remember how God Almighty used me to rescued a woman like that and only for the doctor and the nurses to be abusing me, calling me bad man that i want the woman to die so i can quickly marry another woman. For their mind they think she's my wife, this is a person i don't even know her name. I lied to them that i was away for work when they called me so i have to quickly rush home, one nurse with razor blade mouth still said because am not a caring man reason i did not know my wife is sick....felt like slapping her but i knew if i ever mention that she's a stranger they won't attend to her again so i have to play along for the sake of the woman.

After every every, she was stabilize and she asked what am i doing here, the nurse with her told her your husband brought you here bla bla bla the woman said am a single mother and please let me see the man. Na so dem know, the woman call her children and friends when dey arrive am about going when the doctor called me inside her office and asked me if i know the risk and repercausion of what i did? She asked me what if the woman die? I just told her, what happened to her could happen to anyone and i left.
The risk i have took for total strangers alone, at times when i remember i just shake head for myself.

Again, OP, you deserved the Nairaland BEST MAN OF THE YEAR award.
Are there still people like this on Nairaland ? meaning we still have hope in this country

6 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by wirinet(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2019
ukahrawah:
May God bless you. Most Nigerians are very kind. It's the corrupt system that has discouraged many. Not withstanding, there are a whole lot of Nigerians always willing to help in times like this.
I vehemently disagree. It's the people that run the system. A corrupt people running a good system would ruin the sysrem and would fail, a good people running a corrupt system would eventually improve the system and succeed.

10 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2019
Brownhypo:
Op, I commend your courage and good heart. Please don't stop being the good man you are. God bless you

P.S
Some Doctors and Nurses are not worthy to be called medical personnel. The priority of every medical workers should be saving lives and not the reverse.
MAY GOD BLESS THIS HUMAN ANGEL OF A MAN!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Kylekent59: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2019
CrazeMan69:
OP nah man of the year sha... but you for just leave the madam to die... see injuries shocked
She’ll only be a burden to society after this cry
I know I’ll be attacked like crazy but there is a reason white people have euthanasia joor.
Backward country

Your user name described who you are. It is not all about coming to social media to display stupidity, but know that karma could hit from any possible sides.

Now let's reason:

Imagine now that the FG comes to her rescue, blessed the Okadaman, flies the lady abroad for treatment. Having been operated by the doctors, now she looks ok and good.

She then flies back to Nigeria. The FG now gives her a job, now she feels she is back to life.

Now, with what I have written above, do you still think euthanasia is necessary??

You are a literate, who knows, a graduate, but your reasoning and thinking faculty is "Zero"

Go amend your life bro..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2019
God bless you for saving a life.

4 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2019
frndfghtr:
I am an okada man, operating from Orile to Cele bustop highway, I came across a woman lying lifeless on the road, people gathered around her, no one to rescue her or to take her to hospital, all her cloth was stained with blood, I called some people and they put the woman on my bike, we rushed her to primus hospital ijesha, where the doctor were very rude and requested for card money which one woman transferred 3k to the doctor.

Later the doctor rejected the patient and ordered me to take the woman out of their hospital, that the injury is too much, unknowingly to me all the people that followed me down to the hospital have ran away, I refused to take the woman away, the doctor and the held me hostage in the hospital and called ijesha police for me, they came and Seized my okada, insisting that I will take the woman to LUTH hospital by all means, failing to do so I will be held responsible for anything that happen to the woman.

They started making fun of me by calling me, GOOD SAMERITAN, HERO, HELPER , THAT CANT HELP HIMSELF, that is why will i carry whom i don't know on the way to hospital?

I started crying, luckily to me another good sameritan showed, this one is KEKE MARUWA rider, he encouraged me, full of confidence, that he will support me let's take the woman to LUTH hospital with his kekemaruwa.

For complete 5 hours this woman was seriously bleeding, From 8pm I brought her to the useless hospital till 1am Early morning, that was when the Keke man showed, the police refused to assist with their so called TOLL FREE PATROL VEHICLE, I called 911they answer but not show up, me And the keke man now took the woman to the LUTH hospital around 1am with a police report, KUDOS TO LUTH hospital, they rushed the woman to emergency and commenced surgery immediately, me and the Keke man spent like 10k for the drugs and other things that night, in the LUTH.

To the glory of almighty Lord, she is recovering, and the family have come, I be taking back my okada, from the police.

The little I can get the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZYB8ROV3eg

That's me asking her of her biography, more video to com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEPbYu6OZxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-5X4R75erk

Oga, please how do I contact you? I need your account number or hers and your phone number too. I don't have much, but what you did is legendary and I want to be part of this Blessing.

15 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Success410: 11:15am On Dec 28, 2019
jolak5:

No I didn't,

I apologise for that. I'll delete it immediately
Next time read before pasting

1 Like

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by ecclize: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2019
frndfghtr:
I am an okada man, operating from Orile to Cele bustop highway, I came across a woman lying lifeless on the road, people gathered around her, no one to rescue her or to take her to hospital, all her cloth was stained with blood, I called some people and they put the woman on my bike, we rushed her to primus hospital ijesha, where the doctor were very rude and requested for card money which one woman transferred 3k to the doctor.

Later the doctor rejected the patient and ordered me to take the woman out of their hospital, that the injury is too much, unknowingly to me all the people that followed me down to the hospital have ran away, I refused to take the woman away, the doctor and the held me hostage in the hospital and called ijesha police for me, they came and Seized my okada, insisting that I will take the woman to LUTH hospital by all means, failing to do so I will be held responsible for anything that happen to the woman.

They started making fun of me by calling me, GOOD SAMERITAN, HERO, HELPER , THAT CANT HELP HIMSELF, that is why will i carry whom i don't know on the way to hospital?

I started crying, luckily to me another good sameritan showed, this one is KEKE MARUWA rider, he encouraged me, full of confidence, that he will support me let's take the woman to LUTH hospital with his kekemaruwa.

For complete 5 hours this woman was seriously bleeding, From 8pm I brought her to the useless hospital till 1am Early morning, that was when the Keke man showed, the police refused to assist with their so called TOLL FREE PATROL VEHICLE, I called 911they answer but not show up, me And the keke man now took the woman to the LUTH hospital around 1am with a police report, KUDOS TO LUTH hospital, they rushed the woman to emergency and commenced surgery immediately, me and the Keke man spent like 10k for the drugs and other things that night, in the LUTH.

To the glory of almighty Lord, she is recovering, and the family have come, I be taking back my okada, from the police.

am short of words
Op u are man of the year to me
with all the abuse and mockery u still did not run and leave the woman...
God bless u man

11 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2019
frndfghtr:

post your account number....

4 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Isnow: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2019
SLAP44:

God will bless you.
real good

2 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by premiumswizz: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2019
May God almighty reward and bless you and your family, may help such as the one you showed and displayed not be far from you. Please next time take name and other information of the police officers, doctor, nurses and the hospital so that we can make a scape goat of people like these, please and please be sure to do this and we will take it up from there.

6 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Americanboy35: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2019
Pls did anyone have the op acct number?

3 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by seniormallam(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2019
As an agbo seller, las las she cannot have more than 5k in that bag.......... Do able men had to do this to a lady before snatching her bag ?

7 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Blackdeewhy(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2019
. I witnessed a gory accident scene years back, I ran to the two guys I suspected was still alive to help, people stood back and started filming at the scene instead of helping. This CAN happen to anyone!

8 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2019
This injury is too much on her face. Jesus people are bad

3 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by chubbyG(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2019
frndfghtr:
I reicieve a call this evening that she will undergo brain and eye sugery, pls nairalander, if she needs our help, I will let us know, may b I will ask her, her direct means of getting money, if is her acc number, I will forward it, if d case arise pls, and I need ur prayers, cos people said if anything happen to the woman, am in danger, thanks

please share this on facebook and twitter.. you'll get good reception.

3 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by clemzo101(m): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2019
It is God that will reward the OP, even if she doesn't make it, op u are one in a million. God bless you a billion times

5 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by clemzo101(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2019
Op please take this to Twitter and let it trend pls, you need to be rewarded.....whoever is close to the OP should help him pls

3 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by yeyeosoronga: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

This stuff youre saying is relevant but a bit too broad for this topic.

The fact is that the private hospital should have done what they could since there was no ambulance. If they wanted to protect themselves from litigation in case she died in their care they should have filed correct paperwork showing that they intended to send her on to a more appropriate facility

All the noise they made there was very uncalled for.

It's one and the same topic, and not too broad. Documentation is the least of their worries right now, as OP got a card for the patient, and I'm sure they must have written something down in the card.
Those wounds up there could not have been managed by any private hospital save for a few like Eko hospital which are huge hospitals usually with surgeons on standby, and of course you have to drop the cash down. Eko hospital actually trains Drs during housemanship (and I'm sure govt approved), so they are more than the ordinary private hospital.
In this particular case, you need a maxillofacial surgeon to do that kind of surgery, and an experienced one at that. That's some rare speciality skills, and cannot be found everywhere. I won't be surprised if some teaching hospitals don't have any or not have more than 1 sef.
The private hospital couldn't have done anything for that woman
Until we start directing our anger at the right quarters, we won't make progress.
Why didn't the ambulance service come when called? Are they non functional?
How did Lagos become so unsafe that citizens are being attacked left, right and centre?
Why did the police turn a blind eye when they saw a badly injured woman, and still asking the man with a motorbike to take her to LUTH? Were they just waiting for her to die, so they can extort the OP?
My point is, stop looking for salvation where there is non. Private hospitals are not the solution for seriously ill people. Even abroad, private hospitals will not get involved and will ask them to call ambulance services, and leave them out of it because they don't have the capacity.
This is not to absolve the private hospital, as they should have told OP straight away they cannot manage her.
Nigeria's health system needs a complete overhaul. I'm not sure where that can even start from as it's so decayed that going back to the basics will take a 100 years. Shame really

5 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by DonroxyII: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2019
iHart:
I remember rushing two accident victims to a private hospital that was close. This hospital was the best within the vicinity. The doctor asked us not to bring them down from the vehicle until he checks them. After physical examination, he rejected them. The doctor said they had multiple fractures and invariably they may not survive. We rushed them to FMC. Immediately we arrived, they picked them up and commenced treatment. We opened file for them. Do you know that we didn't spend one naira for them to commence emergency treatment? Funny enough, after several xray, it turned out none of them had a broken bone. It was just dislocation and then bruises. Its better to gamble rushing someone to a federal facility than going to a private one, then you waste time negotiating deposit, arguing whether to commence treatment, police report etc. The same time you should have used to rush to a federal facility.
Thanks for your civility despite my lashes at you.

Psychologically speaking during a rush of emotions and seeing the kind of injury this woman sustained , all the brain would think of was a hospital and just a Hospital and not everybody would be able to distinguished between A Teaching Hospital, General Hospital , Primary Health Care centre and our money oriented private hospital.

Also, the rescuer was an Okada rider and if you watch the clips, there were some English that were spoken which should give clues that such person is simply an Humanitarian and not a person capable of distinguishing between hospitals.

But the useless Doctor who knows better or should know better now started insulting and the police officers instead of doing the needful from 8pm -1am to take it upon themselves in ensuring this woman receives adequate and appropriate treatment ..... If the Doctor is subjected to review now, he will start blowing medical English ...

5 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Tonyspecial(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2019
candyguyofficia:

God exist and is plans towards us are good and not evil
He Only Alow Evil To Teach Us A Leason Or Two

1 Like

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2019
CrazeMan69:
OP nah man of the year sha... but you for just leave the madam to die... see injuries shocked
She’ll only be a burden to society after this cry
I know I’ll be attacked like crazy but there is a reason white people have euthanasia joor.
Backward country
He gave her a chance to fight for her life.

Euthanasia is the practice of killing someone who is very ill and will never get better in order to end their suffering, usually done at their request or with their consent.
She was unconscious and can't choose, she might have kids depending on her alone. She might have a husband waiting for her to come home. We don't even know this woman, the OP is a true human. But you? Your not even qualified to be called an animal.

15 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by ChelseaDr(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2019
frndfghtr:

God bless you @frndfghtr

You deserve a National Honors Award, you are a man with a Lion heart....The Presidency should take note, we still have good people in this country...

The girl is just an "agbo" seller probably from a very poor background and cannot afford her medical bills. She needs costly tests and further surgeries.

I will suggest and plead with @frndfghtr to drop his account number here so that we can make donations towards this innocent girl's treatment. We can trust frndfghtr on this, he has won my trust, I believe he will utilize the funds appropriately.... but even if he runs away with (which I know he won't), he has already won my heart.

Let us all help this girl and put a smile on her face again.

Op you are a great man. God will surely remember you and pick your call.
Cheers!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by maddman: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2019
Typical religionists, see as em dey shout "God bless you" upandan like say the woman go still dey alive if say the good Samaritan had said to the woman "may God heal you" and zoomed off without actually doing anything.

To the prayer warriors, if you wan help somebody, do something! All these prayers don't mean a thing in the real world.

But peeps from this part of the world are evil...get mind shoot and cut person for face like say na bush meat.

@OP you na strong man. I wish some rich guy with your kind of heart would lend financial support.

7 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Liftedhands(f): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2019
5[quote author=frndfghtr post=85282163][/quote] Is that your Instagram page?
Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Maryclaire1(f): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2019
God will surely bless you immensely

2 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Karex81(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2019
God bless you op, you are the real mvp. To those that mocked you, they will be paralyzed. To the people that destroy her face may they find no rest, God will punish them with poverty and their entire lineage. IJN. Amen

2 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Tydata: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2019
Please, how can we help?.. I will love to.

frndfghtr:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by ccffwx: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2019
fkj950ax:
@seun
Please let's get this okada man's details and celebrate him.

2 Likes

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by Teejazy(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2019
May God bless you real good OP! You're one in a million. Shows we still have good people in this HELLHOLE.

1 Like

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by midnighter(f): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

It's one and the same topic, and not too broad. Documentation is the least of their worries right now, as OP got a card for the patient, and I'm sure they must have written something down in the card.
Those wounds up there could not have been managed by any private hospital save for a few like Eko hospital which are huge hospitals usually with surgeons on standby, and of course you have to drop the cash down. Eko hospital actually trains Drs during housemanship (and I'm sure govt approved), so they are more than the ordinary private hospital.
In this particular case, you need a maxillofacial surgeon to do that kind of surgery, and an experienced one at that. That's some rare speciality skills, and cannot be found everywhere. I won't be surprised if some teaching hospitals don't have any or not have more than 1 sef.

The private hospital couldn't have done anything for that woman
Until we start directing our anger at the right quarters, we won't make progress.

Yes, its too broad. You stated that "until we start directing our anger at the right quarters, we wont make progress" yet you dont want anybody to be angry with the hospital who messed up in the first instance. I notice that people here have a habit of excusing the culprits in a situation in a bid to hold the government accountable. What you people need to realise is that those 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

The government is at fault, yes. But that doesnt mean that the private hospital was justified in its conduct. Both parties have their own responsibilities. You are being broad and general when you should also be specific in order to pinpoint the areas of failure in this particular case.

All the bolded is true but what you didnt pick from my comment was that I said that the hospital "should have done what they could". If "what they could" only included politely informing them that regretfully, there was nothing they could have done but "here, let us help you transfer her to where they can help her" or "Let me connect you with a surgeon who I believe could help" then nobody can fault them for that.

If documentation was not the point then why were they acting as if the woman is a hot potato that they dont want to scold them If they cant handle it why not just say so?

Their insolent and barbaric behaviour is not befitting of a group of medical professionals, full stop! They have no right to abuse and insult people who came to them for help when helping them is their job.

Why didn't the ambulance service come when called? Are they non functional?
How did Lagos become so unsafe that citizens are being attacked left, right and centre?
Why did the police turn a blind eye when they saw a badly injured woman, and still asking the man with a motorbike to take her to LUTH? Were they just waiting for her to die, so they can extort the OP?
My point is, stop looking for salvation where there is non. Private hospitals are not the solution for seriously ill people. Even abroad, private hospitals will not get involved and will ask them to call ambulance services, and leave them out of it because they don't have the capacity.
This is not to absolve the private hospital, as they should have told OP straight away they cannot manage her.

Nigeria's health system needs a complete overhaul. I'm not sure where that can even start from as it's so decayed that going back to the basics will take a 100 years. Shame really

All youve written here is true and you are right to ask these things. My own was just that the hospital had no right to behave the way they did just because the other parts of the system are not working.

If we're going to hold all these elements accountable then the hospital should also be included.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman I Saved On Christmas Day (Graphic Photos And Videos) by ogbonnajose(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2019
@Op......
I am short of words, I should couldn't hold down thw tears flowing down my cheeks as I read this act of kindness by you and your partner...
With people like you, mother earth will be happy to send blessings and happiness on the surface of the earth.
Gid bless you richly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / #nobraday: Nigerian Lady Trolled On Twitter For Uploading This / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.