Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50091 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Haddock(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
AkeNathan:

You can't tell the OP how to lead his life, shame on you.

But it's OK for your "OP OF THE YEAR", Chief uninspired07, to dictate how many kids Nigerians should have?! If concept65's suggestion offends you, don't you think your OP's opinionated post does same to others?

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2019
concept65:

The OP is coming from a good place in saying what he is saying, he says people should have a maximum of 2 children, thereafter practice family planning due to the economic challenges facing the country, in the same vein, I am asking him to consider adopting. He will be hitting two birds with one stone - firstly by helping 2 children already in need and 2ndly by not adding to the already over-populated country.

And who says I can’t adopt?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
Haddock:

But it's OK for your "OP OF THE YEAR", Chief uninspired07, to dictate how many kids Nigerians should have?! If concept65's suggestion offends you, don't you think your OP's opinionated post does same to others?

Why should any sane person be angry at a thread geared toward saving them from poverty & increasing the likelihood of their families escaping one of the worst countries in the world?

I can’t fathom why anybody will be against this thread.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mrsteel: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

This is rather harsh. They can be limited to one child.
It is not harsh
It is even stated in d bible a man that can't provide for his family is worst than an infidel. No need having kids when u are poor. But if u happen to be poor after having them due to unforseen occurrence, then it is a different case

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Izigha(m): 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
I feel you Op. Unfortunately you can not legislate common sense. People keep saying we are doing fine, we are doing fine. My dad have 20ish kids kkkkkk. I thought we were doing fine until I went to boarding school. Omo our parlour is like the store room of some of my classmates. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by benji93: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
There is only one way to solve this problem. Good governance. Persuasion won't work, especially in the case of the uneducated. The government wields the power to slow down the birth rate, not by enacting a law (which in Nigeria is a mere statement), but by acquiring a leverage. If the Nigerian government is serious and endeavours to acquire the ability to provide certain basic services-Health, subsidized housing, and education, nobody will tell you to have only two kids. If the government tells the people that the less the number of children you have the more you get your health benefits after one pikin nobody go won born again. We will find every means possible to prevent it. However, we have a government of selfish and wicked people, so until that changes I am afraid the problem of "high population growth isn't going anywhere". We don't even have well documented records.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Haddock(m): 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

That’s also an option. I can give birth to them abroad. But if I per adventure bear them here, I wouldn’t limit their ability to emigrate by having more kids to elongate my stay here.

Am I making sense?

Obviously, you're reeling in childhood fantasy. Enjoy it, it's a stage for all adolescents. Some even imagined they'll be like Superman when they grow up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
concept65:

The OP is coming from a good place in saying what he is saying, he says people should have a maximum of 2 children, thereafter practice family planning due to the economic challenges facing the country, in the same vein, I am asking him to consider adopting. He will be hitting two birds with one stone - firstly by helping 2 children already in need and 2ndly by not adding to the already over-populated country.

He is having the size that he can take good care of, you too should do the same and stop borning over-teeming kids for other good hearts to take good care of.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
mrsteel:

It is not harsh
It is even stated in d bible a man that can't provide for his family is worst than an infidel. No need having kids when u are poor. But if u happen to be poor after having them due to unforseen occurrence, then it is a different case

The poor will never understand & they will think they are being victimized for being poor.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Preetychina22(m): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:

Again you are talking rubbish and clearly lacked quality education

What is playing your cards well?

My.heart bleeds for the woman who made the mistake of marrying you
Some people are on a different level of stuppid. The most mind blowing fact is that he probably over 40.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by maasoap(m): 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

A war that will definitely will brought by people from your end of the country. We are ready for the war anyways—- the Americans & the Israelis are also —but within the short time left, I have to educate southerners against bringing too many kids to the unstable shithole.

Now, get lost from this thread.

This is a kid who hasn't even got his bearing right in life telling nairalanders how many kids to have. Just look at his responses, it lacks maturity that comes with age, childish responses

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Toneyo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
AkeNathan:

Your case is a lesson to other men out there planning on having more than 3.

It's sad that family planning never worked out for you. I call on young men and women of nowadays to adopt more strict and safer methods of family planning that will ensure they do not reproduce more than intended number.

Imagine the wealth you give to the last two kids was used to strengthen the first three kids you had. I'm sure that the first three would have been more balanced than they are now if it were so, and also you'll have less worries or headache at your old age.

Even when after you have finished having three kids and you blow to the point your wealth is too much surplus for just three kids, devil is testing you please don't go and now born more, wealth can be deceiving, instead open an NGO and help the teeming orphans in the society. Don't start borning more to make it five kids because wealth can be very deceiving and can vanish in a second after you had increased the number thinking you can now cater for five kids, leaving you surprised on how to now cater for 5 kids. That is case of my dad who increased his number after blowing. The wealth vanished and we had very rough teenage. Please stick to your number when you eventually over-blow, that is the lesson. If you look for what to do with money, do charity.

Regardless, for you the deed has been done. Please do not regret having the 5 kids now, it will affect your affection for them. Love them unconditionally and keep on working hard to cater for them, with faith things can eventually turn around for the better for you.

Thanks for the advice. Honestly it has never been any easy for me since I have the fifth one. Plans have been made for all five.

Accounts has been opened for all five for their education as I do strict monthly deposits to their accounts and they are my benefactors on my life insurance policy with AIICO.

I'm planning on going for vasectomy surgery. But I'm just afraid to do it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
Haddock:

Obviously, you're reeling in childhood fantasy. Enjoy it, it's a stage for all adolescents. So even imagined they'll be like Superman when they grow up.

I don’t care about your insults. I won’t have more than 2 kids. I lay the ground rules before anything happens. You can keep goading people into having more kids than they can cater for, not me.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Toneyo:

Thanks for the advice. Honestly it has never been any easy for me since I have the fifth one. Plans have been made for all five.

Accounts has been opened for all five for their education as I do strict monthly deposits to their accounts and they are my benefactors on my life insurance policy with AIICO.

OMG!!! 5 kids? It’s well.

Please don’t do the vasectomy, please.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by FX(m): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
fatymore:

It depends on your choice. Some are wealthy and likes a full house while some are struggling and would prefer 2 with lot of spacing.

Sometimes it isn't even about the money

The stress is usually when they are still young but believe me when they start working and of age, and they start calling you iya professionals and your children are doing well, you will be fulfilled and happy and forget all the stress.

Either 2 or 6 may God give us the strength to take care of them and reap from our work

I like a full house, so I am going for 3 at least and four at most.

But hubby says 2 tongue
Your hubby is wise. You'll thank him later.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Toneyo:

Please discuss with a modern doctor that will profer effective means of family planning.

Most of our health practitioners are out-dated.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
maasoap:

This is a kid who hasn't even got his bearing right in life telling nairalanders how many kids to have. Just look at his responses, it lacks maturity that comes with age, childish responses

Yes, the Americans will intervene when you bring your jihad down south. Enough of the political correctness. Obama is gone, the republicans have the stage now.

I know you from the politics section & you’re a northern hawk so my thread is bound not to go down well with you.

Get off my thread you terrorist!!!!
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by gentleibraheem(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

That’s why you are called Aboki, scourge of Nigeria.

just wondering how frustrating it is feeling stuck with a scourge. especially when he still have a significant influence in your life. so sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
Preetychina22:

Some people are on a different level of stuppid. The most mind blowing fact is that he probably over 40.

As in, this is so sad

And one lady said I do to that man?

Men ladies una dey try o

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by concept65: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
AkeNathan:

He is having the size that he can take good care of, you too should do the same and stop borning over-teeming kids for other good hearts to take good care of.

You can get off my dicck now, Im done and thank you.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
concept65:

You can get off my dicck now, Im done and thank you.

Why are you angry?

Can you tell me the reason in one sentence?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by pannyman(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
fatymore:

It depends on your choice. Some are wealthy and likes a full house while some are struggling and would prefer 2 with lot of spacing.

Sometimes it isn't even about the money

The stress is usually when they are still young but believe me when they start working and of age, and they start calling you iya professionals and your children are doing well, you will be fulfilled and happy and forget all the stress.

Either 2 or 6 may God give us the strength to take care of them and reap from our work

I like a full house, so I am going for 3 at least and four at most.

But hubby says 2 tongue

Hubby says 2. Yes o, he foots most of the bills. Some women want more kids because they don't pay the bills.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nice topic. Wen u begin to suggest such topic to these fellow they will tell God will train them.
And they become burden to relation.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by maasoap(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Yes, the Americans will intervene when you bring your jihad down south. Enough of the political correctness. Obama is gone, the republicans have the stage now.

I know you from the politics section & you’re a northern hawk so my thread is bound not to go down well with you.

Get off my thread you terrorist!!!!

For you all to see. That's a kid talking, probably 14 years old.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
maasoap:

For you all to see. That's a kid talking, probably 14 years old.

I am done with you. If my bluntness makes me a child to you, then I am a child.

If our southern leaders had discarded the political correctness to say the truth to the leeching north, Nigeria won’t be where she is today.

I won’t respond to you any longer since you want to play the role of spoiler on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mrsteel: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
zed7:
The reason is that most people are satisfied with the basics. Take them to school, give them food, throw clothing on them and that's that.
Not many care about their kids going to music classes, art classes, learning specialized trade and IT in addition to their education.
Most don't believe in planning to send their kids to ivy league schools to increase their chances in the world.
Most don't care about the kids learning and gaining exposure through holiday vacations outside their country.
A lot don't believe in bonding with their kids, all they care about is they have kids.
Anyway, give birth to a whole nation if you want, just don't bother the next man with your problems.
Op wouldn't have created this thread if the basics was there. U need to go out & see what a lot of kids are going through

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

I am done with you. If my bluntness makes me a child to you, then I am a child.

If our southern leaders had discarded the political correctness to say the truth to the leeching north, Nigeria won’t be where she is today.

I won’t respond to you any longer since you want to play the role of spoiler on this thread.

I'm sure that the leeching North is the reason why Niger Delta governors couldn't effect meaningful and feasible developments with their huge monthly allocations with 13% derivation over the years. The leeching north is also the reason why many of them are on financial crime trials by EFCC. 20 years of democracy, Southerners had combined 14 years on the throne. You're a kid who can't differentiate between your right and left hands.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by vickydankal(f): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
frozen70:

The educated rich one's, cather for the future of their children

They can have one or two kids and that's all

They make sure they struggle to give them the best of life

Because of the way they struggle to meet upto the standard they created, sex for procreation to them is not an idea

When they think of vacation cost, their sex urge goes down, all they think and plan of is to maintain their stand

They are not comfortable releasing their children to people to avoid polluting them

Then the poor ones doesn't think beyond their private part

They have no hope and can't kill themselves

Sex is the only cheap thing that comes their way and they engage into it to comfort themselves

They don't have any standards to keep, once their children can finish secondary schools, that's the height for them

They are ever willing to give out their children for house help

As harsh is this may sound, this is the raw truth..
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mrsteel: 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
HazzanTazzan:
I have 2 already... a male and a female and that's it...

No more...

God help me raise them better than my parents raised me ...

If my wife get a pregnant, na to abort
This is good
This is how every sane Nigerian should reason
Too much suffering already
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Martoski007: 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
They say children are gift from God and hope unto him to provide
God never told you not to use your sense in getting the gift...even in the time of children of Isreal when manna was provided for them in the wilderness God asked them to take for their immediate needs only, not for tomorrow.. same goes with children give birth to the number of children you need and can cater for not for your whole community..

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by femeritus: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
The truth is that the country has gone so bad that the ONLY source of joy these poor people have is making love to their spouse.

You may say why don't they go for family planning but many of these people cannot afford the cost of family planning. Even if it's free, some can't even afford to use the only money to buy garri for the family for that day to transport themselves to the hospital and so the cycle continues.

If you've never been poor, you won't understand. God punish poverty. Better I have what some call VANITY than POVERTY.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
Frank25:
babe what if i by any chance marry you how many children will u want to bear?
I'm a rational being. I can only birth kids I and my partner can give quality life to

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Husband Waits To Have Sex Until Marriage . . . Then Learns Wife Is 4 Months Preg / The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. / My Wife Betrayed & Left Me And Got Pregnant For Another Man While I Was In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.