Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (49990 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
johnkey:
Poor people shouldn't even have kids, bringing innocent souls into the world to suffer them.

This is rather harsh. They can be limited to one child.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
johnkey:
Poor people shouldn't even have kids, bringing innocent souls into the world to suffer them.

Although, I do understand where you're coming from this is rather harsh. They have the right to have kids as anybody else also.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
People should be giving birth to kids they are capable of taking care of.
And by 'taking care', I do not only mean being financially capable, but also being able to be emotionally there for them.

And condoms should be free grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:
People should be giving birth to kids they are capable of taking care of.
And by 'taking care', I do not only mean being financially capable, but also being able to be emotionally there for them.

And condoms should be free grin

At least we agree on something. Kudos.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ayanbaba2(m): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
yvelchstores:
This topic is very important. In all honesty, people should think more in this country. Truth is people don't think, they don't plan either, they just fall pregnant repeatedly and some regret but if you had no preventive measure on ground, what did you expect? If not for anything, for the sake of the quality of life those children will have to live with. Nigerians, be Pro thoughtful, think ahead and don't just fall into mistakes. Anyone who has too many children, I can't pity you. You made your bed, lie down well on it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by johnkey: 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

Although, I do understand where you're coming from this is rather harsh. They have the right to have kids as anybody else also.

wow your shape is fiery

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by dominique(f): 11:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
The high birth rate amongst the lower income earners is not as annoying as them urging others to have more kids. You that should be advising others on why they shouldn't be breeding like rats, instead you will be encouraging to overpopulate the already overpopulated country. Misery really do love company. Sometimes I wonder what people want to do with so many kids, do they get some thrills watching them grow up and turn into nuisances in the society? Middle/upper class people shouldn't have more than 3 kids while lower class should stop at 2. How I wish the government can put this into law.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by armyofone(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2019
Misery loves company. I guess it makes them comfortable seeing you suffering too. It is so sad and makes no sense ...i mean how can a very hungry looking man still fu..ck! Only professional working men and women with regular income should have kids. A jobless woman should not. A jobless man should not have kids.
I wish too that the Nigerian government would set rules too just as China did.

dominique:
The high birth rate amongst the lower income earners is not as annoying as them urging others to have more kids. You that should be advising others on why they shouldn't be breeding like rats, instead you will be encouraging to overpopulate the already overpopulated country. Misery really do love company. Sometimes I wonder what people want to do with so many kids, do they get some thrills watching them grow up and turn into nuisances in the society? Middle/upper class people shouldn't have more than 3 kids while lower class should stop at 2. How I wish the government can put this into law.

13 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Dereformer(m): 5:38am On Dec 29, 2019
Put differently, shouldnt the poor be entitled to
bleeps?

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 6:06am On Dec 29, 2019
Dereformer:
Put differently, shouldnt the poor be entitled to
bleeps?

Why not? They should. But they should be educated about contraceptives & family planning methods to prevent pregnancy & space child birth.

The problem is that some people don’t just fear poverty.

There’s nothing I fear more than being poor. If I don’t have disposable income, I am not always comfortable.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by razible5384(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2019
James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.
weird mindset of this nature is what is caging this country in economical crossroads

21 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by frozen70(f): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

The educated rich one's, cather for the future of their children

They can have one or two kids and that's all

They make sure they struggle to give them the best of life

Because of the way they struggle to meet upto the standard they created, sex for procreation to them is not an idea

When they think of vacation cost, their sex urge goes down, all they think and plan of is to maintain their stand

They are not comfortable releasing their children to people to avoid polluting them

Then the poor ones doesn't think beyond their private part

They have no hope and can't kill themselves

Sex is the only cheap thing that comes their way and they engage into it to comfort themselves

They don't have any standards to keep, once their children can finish secondary schools, that's the height for them

They are ever willing to give out their children for house help

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by razible5384(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2019
johnkey:
grin

Poverty is still legal nah..

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by dominique(f): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2019
armyofone:
Misery loves company. I guess it makes them comfortable seeing you suffering too. It is so sad and makes no sense ...i mean how can a very hungry looking man still fu..ck! Only professional working men and women with regular income should have kids. A jobless woman should not. A jobless man should not have kids.
I wish too that the Nigerian government would set rules too just as China did.

@bolded. Sadly they're the ones that procreate the most. The upper class people can afford to go on date nights, vacations or spend their leisure time doing a variety of fun things. The poor ones on the other hand can't afford that kind of luxury, the only thing they can do during their leisure time is to screw themselves behind closed doors thereby getting pregnant over and over again. It upsets me so much seeing people who can hardly cater for the kids they already have getting pregnant again. It's so unfair bringing kids into that kind of uncertainty, very few of them scale through. The people in government should be looking into population control but they won't since the large population especially amongst the poor masses favours them

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by zed7: 11:17am On Dec 29, 2019
The reason is that most people are satisfied with the basics. Take them to school, give them food, throw clothing on them and that's that.
Not many care about their kids going to music classes, art classes, learning specialized trade and IT in addition to their education.
Most don't believe in planning to send their kids to ivy league schools to increase their chances in the world.
Most don't care about the kids learning and gaining exposure through holiday vacations outside their country.
A lot don't believe in bonding with their kids, all they care about is they have kids.
Anyway, give birth to a whole nation if you want, just don't bother the next man with your problems.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by zed7: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2019
dominique:

@bolded. Sadly they're the ones that procreate the most. The upper class people can afford to go on date nights, vacations or spend their leisure time doing a variety of fun things. The poor ones on the other hand can't afford that kind of luxury, the only thing they can do during their leisure time is to screw themselves behind closed doors thereby getting pregnant over and over again. It upsets me so much seeing people who can hardly cater for the kids they already have getting pregnant again. It's so unfair bringing kids into that kind of uncertainty, very few of them scale through. The people in government should be looking into population control but they won't since the large population especially amongst the poor masses favours them
Screwing for leisure is no crime. A lot of rich people do so also. What we should be wondering is why they don't do family planning.
Family planning is cheap and even free in some clinics. It still baffles me how people don't understand that they don't have to have kids just because they are having sex.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by djoe21(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Your parents’ Nigeria is different from our Nigeria.

Yes, it is.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
zed7:

Screwing for leisure is no crime. A lot of rich people do so also. What we should be wondering is why they don't do family planning.
Family planning is cheap and even free in some clinics. It still baffles me how people don't understand that they don't have to have kids just because they are having sex.

My exact sentiment. Safe family planning methods & procedures then you can have all the sex in the world as a couple.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by OgbanjeProphet: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
How or why?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Sterope(f): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
If he doesn't exist, he doesn't exist. What is there to be grateful for?

James39:
See the minimum and maximum should be 4.

I can't give birth to 1 boy and 1 gal.

That's my take. I don't care what others think.

if your parent were so careful not to go beyond 2 kids you won't be here typing this. I'm sure you are not the 1st neither the 2nd.

we are 10 in numbers and we are doing fine.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
that is common in the north, they need soldiers and voters nothing else matter!

14 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by permit(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
Op you are right to some extent, but let me say this that the average Fulani or hausa don't think of this as an issue hence it is their powerful political tools, while you are trying to make your life easier and for rest of us with your idea of family planning, other's are busy reproducing like rats there by making your life you planned a miserable one..

Nigeria is never over populated but the bad leadership is..

If we all have the same ability to reproduce just like the northern part of Nigeria, we can change and shape the pattern of leadership, so you don't need to view our little population as a threat to our individual life's.... undecided undecided
Even mosquitos have their importance .

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nawtygrrlsecret(f): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
We are just 2 of us and I would love to have 2 and adopt a few but not here � cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by hustla(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
ezugegere:
Some people end up having more children than they planned for. So many children are conceived by mistake. If you have not had a child by mistake, don't just think you have stopped having kids. Family planning fails a lot in Nigeria, I don't know why.
For me, I've had my 3, and I'm praying seriously not to have more. Nigeria is one of the most difficult places in the world to be a parent

6 children isn't by mistake o

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by basty: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Op is actually, morally, reasonably and right in all sense.

I think same way and what the future holds for a brutish clime called Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by comsirheed: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
we believe its God that takes care of the children.having one n't necessarily we can take care of 1.everything na God hand e dey.my personal opinion though
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nigerianboi1960(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

Truth be told, most Nigerian are stupid and inconsiderate people. You'll see some one who's eating less than 50k a month with 5 children. Then you'll hear them say things like, children are a gift from God. WTF
The funny thing is that these children will now be passed on to uncles and aunts and older siblings to train, as though they are their responsibilities.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Heffalump(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
"How do average Nigerian couples have more than two children?"

Op, I can recall answering this question in my final year WASCE exam in the early 70's.

Answer: The couples just enter an enclosed space, which could be a room or similar to a room to settle their differences. Both leaves themselves uncladded for the period of activity as they work in very close proximity. What amazes most is the bemoaning of pleasurable sounds and shuddering that accompanies this action. The result certificate is usually evident in about Nine months.
This is how average Nigerian couples have more than two children.
cry

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Sterope:
If he doesn't exist, he doesn't exist. What is there to be grateful for?

Abi oooo, like I have to give thanks to my parents for being born.

This issue a lot of Nigerians don’t just fear Nigeria. I fear this current Nigeria a lot & I wouldn’t want to bring many children into this hellhole.

10 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Grandlord: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
I'd be so selfish, inconsiderate and heartless, if I raised kids in this country. Those kids deserve better.

11 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Harddiskng(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
johnkey:

Bro this is my stance, couple struggling to eat one good meal a day having no business with having children.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / Man Settles Wife With N5m, Car, N100,000 Monthly Allowance To Quit Marriage / Ameena Hassana Sani And Hadiza Hussaina Sani: Twins With Same Fingerprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.