Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,155 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50145 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
I am trying to build an Empire, so I need many children, every aboki with his kettle abeg..

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Aboguede(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
Through fuvking almost every day without condom or planing grin
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by frankmoney(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
The average Nigerian has nothing to do with more than two kids

8 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
comsirheed:
we believe its God that takes care of the children.having one n't necessarily we can take care of 1.everything na God hand e dey.my personal opinion though

Not a very good opinion. I believe in God too but I wouldn’t burden him with things my gumption deters me from doing: birthing many children into a 4th world country.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by herzernIsHere: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
The issue is that most Nigerians live a life "filled" with emptiness.

Procreation (in a disastrous manner) is a reassuring way of telling themselves they have lived a life of legacy.

Shior.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Pautacfm: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
Some of us for no exist with this mentality o, as I be number 5 so

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
DaddyGngeess:
I am trying to build an Empire, so I need many children, every aboki with his kettle abeg..

What empire is that? Farming empire?

You can do all you need to do on your with tractors.

11 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Jamesayo: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
I love this Op cos you're still single. You can update me when you get married, and tell me how market... Planning is extremely good, I can assure you most don't go that way when you're in...

Answer your "How" by then...

See you

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by YungJo207(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
I don't understand....Are we starting to make excuse for a failed country like Nigeria where the wicked leaders only care about themselves of what? How is population the problem of NIGERIA? We plenty reach China and America or even India too......abeg make we hear word our problem is bigger than the population sef.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by blingxx(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Here in my country we breed like rabbits
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by agarawu23(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
The worst part of it be say na poor people dey born like sardine and they will be telling you na God dey feed pikin.

My daughter is 10 year old and I ain't planning having another one soon. With this economy in Nigeria, the highest for kids lovers shouldn't be more than 3

16 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.

You've made fantastic points and with the way you write, I can bet you are pretty above the mentality of an average Nigerian.

You've made your point and which any responsible human should agree with. Don't engage in words with anyone that thinks below what you've written because you will just be wasting your time.

Thumbs up

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Job2004: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nothing in life happens by chance, we should be able to give birth to children we will be fully responsible for.
You can't produce children and depend on your family, society to train them for you.
Looking at the reality on ground, to give your wards the best of life in terms of education, feeding and everything, it is not easy.
2 to 3 children is more than enough in my humble submission.

11 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Deicide: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
I think the op is forgetting something that the system is not made for the poor, people don't give birth to more children because they can, they do so because of security reasons. if you check most third world country, poor people mostly give birth to more children at least if one dies you wouldn't worry much, rich people have the money for security so they hardly give birth to more children, you could see this fact in first world country where the system works well, despite being rich would hardly give birth to more than three. Logically @Op your point might make sense Logically but economically it doesn't, if the system works for the poor, they wouldn't have to worry about security thereby giving birth to fewer children.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
herzernIsHere:
The issue is that most Nigerians live a life "filled" with emptiness.

Procreation (in a disastrous manner) is a reassuring way of telling themselves they have lived a life of legacy.

Shior.

Lol....life of legacy my foot. Nigeria is just too volatile & poverty stricken to burden with overpopulation. I can imagine what those parents with many kids are going through. You can always have all the sex in the world with your spouse if you adopt safe family planning methods.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by horlabiyi(m): 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
To be sincere things are not fair in this part of the world. If you earn less than 80k monthly you shouldn't have more than 2 kids but as you know we leave all our things in the hand of God. You'll hear people say " God is the one taking the responsibility not human". I have a friend who was planning of having just 2 kids but unfortunately for him he now have 4 cos after the first child his wife got pregnant after like 3-4 years and gave birth to triplet and they are all doing fine.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
oldtruth:

You've made fantastic points and with the way you write, I can bet you are pretty above the mentality of an average Nigerian.

You've made your point and which any responsible human should agree with. Don't engage in words with anyone that thinks below what you've written because you will just be wasting your time.

Thumbs up

Thanks jareee. I just wonder why other don’t think along that line.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ikorodureporta: 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Me I no won born less than 4..

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by SpaceAngel: 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nigeria is a complex system. If you are talking of having fewer children, What should be maximum per family and how many women or wives to a man? .

In the case of multiple birth like twins, quadruplets etc, what happens to them? Are they to be aborted? Considering that we are religious by nature?

A lot of people also prefer a certain sex and will keep trying till the whole house will be filled with kids. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
I have 2 already... a male and a female and that's it...

No more...

God help me raise them better than my parents raised me ...

If my wife get a pregnant, na to abort

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by ayaside(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
They are God's gift! That's the popular saying.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Aboguede(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maybe u wanted to make sense

But ur arrogance and silly way of thinking made u look very stupid

armyofone:
Misery loves company. I guess it makes them comfortable seeing you suffering too. It is so sad and makes no sense ...i mean how can a very hungry looking man still fu..ck! Only professional working men and women with regular income should have kids. A jobless woman should not. A jobless man should not have kids.
I wish too that the Nigerian government would set rules too just as China did.

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
horlabiyi:
To be sincere things are not fair in this part of the world. If you earn less than 80k monthly you shouldn't have more than 2 kids but as you we leave all our things in the hand of God. You'll hear people say " God is the one taking the responsibility not human". I have a friend who was planning of having just 2 kids but unfortunately for him he now have 4 cos after the first child his wife got pregnant after like 3-4 years and gave birth to triplet and they are all doing fine.

Wow....triplets....I guess there’s no remedy to this one.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Abagworo(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

The harsh words some of you use on Nigeria amazes me.. There's room for all class of people to have as much children as they wish and take care of them.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by mmsen: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
Because they are stupid, vain, careless and selfish.

Even if you have a lot of money you typically don't have the time that it takes to raise more than two with the patience and care required so why do it?

8 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by seanwilliam(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
CopyJoe:
It's one of the major reasons there's so much poverty in the land.

People give birth to children they can't take care of. Instead, they should use the little resources they have to take adequate care of the ones they have already given birth to.

Rich people
, with all the money they have, limit the number of children they give birth to.

not all rich people limit number of children oo, I mean rich, exposed and educated one oo

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
HazzanTazzan:
I have 2 already... a male and a female and that's it...

No more...

God help me raise them better than my parents raised me ...

If my wife get a pregnant, na to abort

Way to go!!!! Abortion straight even though I am a conservative Christian.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by FromZeroToHero(m): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Sometimes it's our poor mentality that is causing it. I know a family that has 9 girls because they are looking for a Male child.

5 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nmezor(f): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Best thing is to have the no(s) u can cater 4
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Taeewo(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ao ni ri iku omo

I won't say more than that..
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by somalianprince: 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
OP is very correct. Minimum should be one and max 2 or 3 max. Anything outside this, is a disaster. If only northerners could be rationale for once. God help us in this country

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by IgboSomalia: 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
Poor people give birth to many children who who end up continuing their family tradition of poverty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / My Son's Girlfriend Comes To Our House To Sleep Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.