Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Exes And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Exes And Relationships (2401 Views)

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
Fellas!

I want you all to pay attention to me here because what I am about to ask you may upset ya, now I just thought of this after remembering what I heard another African brother say this, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THIS NOT TRUE shocked

He said that NONE of his girlfriend's exes is to be present AT NO GIVEN TIME for example if she see them on the street she is not to speak but wave and keep it moving. Now I thought it was just HIM that tripping and said each to their own UNTIL HE SAID THIS IS AN AFRICAN THING that I don't know nothing about.

He said that it is a sign of disrespect when a woman is still having friendship or relationship with her exes if she is in a new relationship. Is that true? Why wouldn't a woman not have friendship with her exes?
Re: Exes And Relationships by Dsense(m): 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2010
I guess he's right . . ,  Bringing it down to some nigerian girls' mentality . . . . .They would rather make friends with pigs and rats than to make friends with  their exes . . . .Might be they can't just resist the feeelings or  . . . . . . . ,
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hey Dsense Suga kiss

Now, you wouldn't mind your girl hanging out with her exes? Be real boo, this your mummy you talkin to!
Re: Exes And Relationships by Dsense(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hey Eve honey kiss
Definitely i would mind . . .Because it happened recently and i could recall how i reacted cheesy . . . It's not that easy though ,But jealosy takes a huge impact in field. . . . . . . .If u re the type that's so envious u would mind of course,However if u re not ,u won't . . . ,   .So it's all about feelings and understanding ''sometimes''.
Re: Exes And Relationships by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2010
He said that it is a sign of disrespect when a woman is still having friendship or relationship with her exes if she is in a new relationship.

that's too true, why would she keep a string attached with her Ex? it shows lack of disrespect, its never done on our African soil, many other guys would accept my opinion too.!!!
Re: Exes And Relationships by PUMBA1(f): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]Haba! They are also human beings now. As for me o, they could still be friends as long as the ex also sees it as friendship and not want to use that as a medium to get back.
Re: Exes And Relationships by dynamic1: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2010
There is nothing to it because I believe friendships can still be kept without intimacy,funny enough I became friends with my girls ex and I allowed their friendship cos I felt really secured in the relationship.
Re: Exes And Relationships by WackyJ1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
If the guy refuses to allow his girl to associate with her ex, it could be cos he is jealous and insecure. On the other hand he might suspect the fact that his girl could go back to her ex and try and prevent it. It all depends on trust. I don't know how it is seen as a sign of disrespect
Re: Exes And Relationships by iice(f): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
Never heard that before.
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrCork7: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2010
Mrs Eve, madam I dont understand the question. are u sayin u would like to shanko your manager? tongue
Re: Exes And Relationships by kmoneyE(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2010
Its a complete display of[b] IMMATURITY[/b] on the guys part== That is never a practise anywhere in AFRICA-- Its a behaviour he chose to practise and that shows how matured he is---- there is nothing wrong be friends with your ex. shocked undecided
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
So you AFRICAN BROTHERS don't mind your GIRL OR WIFE having exes as her friends? I know damn well SOME of yall lying! I know yall wouldn't be too happy if she confides in him and they seems pretty close, I know men can be a little jealous but at the same time trust their girl, BUT YOU GOT YOUR EYES PEELED, right brothers? I know I am right! smiley
Re: Exes And Relationships by kokoye(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hell no!!

what kinda friends??

I know what might happen if I am alone with my ex so I ensure we keep away. I may not be able to resist them so I make sure I stay away.

So with a thinking like that, why would I be comfortable seeing my wife hang out with her ex?

hell no 3x!!
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
Koyoke,

So my husband and his friends weren't tripping when they say that is AN INSULT TO THE AFRICAN men for their wives to consort with their exes?
Re: Exes And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2010
well, true but not only African men.

Remember what happened in the movie Soul Food - when the guy (Mekhi Phifer) found out his wife (Nia Long) went to talk to her ex about getting him a job??

yea!
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2010
Yeah I remembered! It wasnt pretty! He lost his cool and Bird was like all I did was asked him to give you a job!

Do you think it an ego thing for men seeing their wives with their exes?
Re: Exes And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2010
An ego thing for both sexes really.

favors are like debt you know - you may have to pay back in cash or kind.

. . and whose spouse would want that
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
I think men have it harder time accepting their wives having exes as friends than women,

Women will look at it like well she must not be all that if she is an ex so she is not threaten too much but then a man would be like why is she still consorting with him especially the way she been saying he a dog or wasn't a good man etc,

Men take it to heart more than women and women wouldn't trip too much about their man consorting with the exes,
Re: Exes And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2010
I agree that men are more jealous.
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
One time a male friend of mine came to visit when my husband wasn't home and he was just a friend not an ex or anything. He have shared that he have taken interest in me but I was already involved and said he want to remain my friend.  I didn't take it as an issue, my husband took it as an issue saying that no man should have been in the house where he wasn't there and I shouldn't be friends with a man that has romantic interests in me,

Hmmmm, that extreme!
Re: Exes And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

. . . and I shouldn't be friends with a man that has romantic interests in me . .

Agree with him to an extent . . .cos he is a man and knows how we think.

what kinda play is a snake doing with a rat?
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
Shouldn't the husband trust the wife to know that she would not let that happen or let the guy cross that line?
Re: Exes And Relationships by zubeyr(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
Your Husband was a nice Guy someone else might kick you out the curb for that how dare can you bring another man to your house when your husband is away?  I don't care if he is friend cousin co worker etc in my culture is a no no and I 'm not that rigid
Re: Exes And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
Eve, there's thing little thing called r.ape

remember some stories from Martin Lawrence's You so Crazy  . . silent, cool - looking but deranged men . . . .
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2010
Maybe he didn't make a big deal about it because he know what kind of wife he has and know that I would never cross that line. You have to trust your spouses if not what the point of marrying them?
Re: Exes And Relationships by 2sexy(m): 2:56am On Dec 02, 2010
It really is a sign of direspect but depending on certain conditions. let me use my experience as an example. In August 2009, I invited my ex-girl friend to Benin City, an she ask me to get her meat pie which I did but on my way back, she was with another guy. she did not tell me who the guy was but the way I saw them, I knew there was a connection between them, her ex. but what happened? the guy took her out before I could drop the meat pie and come back to the spot where I had left them. And this around 8 p.m. she did not come back until after 10. what can you make out of that?

That shows that she has no control. due to that and some other acts of hers, i had to end every thing.
Re: Exes And Relationships by LordReed(m): 4:01am On Dec 02, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

One time a male friend of mine came to visit when my husband wasn't home and he was just a friend not an ex or anything. He have shared that he have taken interest in me but I was already involved and said he want to remain my friend. I didn't take it as an issue, my husband took it as an issue saying that no man should have been in the house where he wasn't there and I shouldn't be friends with a man that has romantic interests in me,

Hmmmm, that extreme!

My dear I support ur hubby! A man has a right to defend wats his gurl! Cos he knows wat men are like, comin up wit o I want to be ur friend wen all they want is to hit it. U best b careful too don't be letting no male friends in ur house wen hubby ain't around. Sure he can trust u but can he trust dem? n can u say for sure he ain't gonna try nothin funny?
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 4:50am On Dec 02, 2010
2sexy:

It really is a sign of direspect but depending on certain conditions. let me use my experience as an example. In August 2009, I invited my ex-girl friend to Benin City, an she ask me to get her meat pie which I did but on my way back, she was with another guy. she did not tell me who the guy was but the way I saw them, I knew there was a connection between them, her ex. but what happened? the guy took her out before I could drop the meat pie and come back to the spot where I had left them. And this around 8 p.m. she did not come back until after 10. what can you make out of that?

That shows that she has no control. due to that and some other acts of hers, i had to end every thing.

Well, I am sorry to say but your ex was whorish and she did what whores do. There is a difference when you converse with your ex but to go out with them and act like yall couples is COMPLETELY BIG DIFFERENCE. IF she had respect for you she would have not went far as leaving the spot where you left them. I am sure it okay to talk to exes but to "date" them is suspectish! Well you did what you did but all FEMALES aren't like that and some actually respect their man!
Re: Exes And Relationships by MrsEve1: 4:51am On Dec 02, 2010
Lord_Reed:

My dear I support your hubby! A man has a right to defend wats his gurl! Cos he knows wat men are like, comin up wit o I want to be your friend wen all they want is to hit it. U best b careful too don't be letting no male friends in your house wen hubby ain't around. Sure he can trust u but can he trust dem? n can u say for sure he ain't gonna try nothin funny?

I hear what you saying though, I don't let strange men in my house when my husband is not home but I guess I can't trust no man huh? My husband didn't trip but he let me know he don't want it to happen again. I am like who you think you is Negro? Hmmph!
Re: Exes And Relationships by slymm(f): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
hmmm, just the reason for my quarell with bf yesterday. You see, i am good friends with both of my exes, i mean really matured good friends, and between you and i, i wouldnt touch them romantically again with a ten foot pole, but ohhhhh, my bf just would not hear of it, i mean he said get them off your face book page, stop your jists on d phone, bla bla bla, and i am like dude, get a grip, guys r just pals withh girlfriends of their own, but he wouldnt listen, now he is bothered i am going to a mutual friends wedding, and my exx mightt be there. Either ways, i told him i can not pass my ex like he is a ghost, girrl is gonna say hi nicely, and walk away. We have agreed on that, but eish men relax, sometimes being a friend just means being a friend. I persomally do not care if he is friends with all his exes, well except one who still has her panties in a bunch for him, so yeah whatever.
Re: Exes And Relationships by Dsense(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2010
Whenever i meet ma exes Ms Eve starves me and locks me outside the house cry
Re: Exes And Relationships by 190: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2010
But ive got my exe's on my FB as my friends

But we dont talk to each other!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bobo Sells His Dad's Motocycle And Use The Money To Take Out His Girlfriend / Watch Out! Top 10 Signs She’s Cheating On You / What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.