Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? (57548 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / I Can't Date Any Lady That Earns Less Than N200K - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by illicit(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
30k is not enough for food, accomodation,transport, family support and other miscellaneous expenses even for me as a young single guy....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by praz001(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

yeah, you are right, wife might have additional income like having a store

but 567 naira a day isnt cash, that is disaster, they cant still feed the 2 kids even if the parent decides to go hungry.

They will survive...

The economy is very harsh on some. Plus grandma's pressure for grand children....

No one want to live a suffering life but when the going gets tough plus pressures from nigerian family, the tough yield and get going....

Man will not kill himself.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
frozen70:
It's time, we have to understand that, money is nit the most important thing in marriage but understanding and true love

There are people earning 6digists as salaries yet their happiness is not I the marriage but with another person outside

Marriage has so many things that makes it stands the taste of time

A man without job, but loving, caring, understanding and very matured can live peacefully with a woman who her income carry the family till the man gets something doing

But it comes with a price

You can't be in that penny less condition and be fucking around, treating your wife as if she is as good as a maid

Reporting her to your family and assassinating her character despite the load you left for her to carry

Now tell me, if a man humbles himself, who will know how the family is being handled

Thier are other people, earning higher yet frustrating their wives at home

Then she in turn will make sure the house will be too hot to accommodate you

What happens in such situations

39k or not, the major thing is one heart for the two of them

yeah money isnt important, one heart is very important

there are lot of spaces under the bridge, they can go there to continue their one heart.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by don4real18(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

if you have a sister, will your father allow a man earning 30k to marry your sister? pls be realistic
A young man I know got married in 2012 earning 20k in Abuja. I wouldn't have known if he hasn't told me because his take home today isn't less than 300k monthly

7 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Pwettyella(f): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

man i am not living in poverty

i will use this bible passage to illustrate my condition

Proverbs 13:22: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.
Exactly
I responsible man will never be comfortable getting married in a 30k salary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by mrksquare: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
Op. This your message will just enter one ear and exit through the opposite ear of any NL woman without tarrying one second. Did you see any NL woman on that thread stating that she will marry a N30k per month gateman? Lol. Men earning N30k have their own levels. Don't worry, they will see wife; a woman whose father is earning N10k monthly.

Lol!!
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ishilove: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
And key into the spirit of the poverty of his father's house?

Una do well.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by superability(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

or do you think every one wants to live in the outlying areas of onitsha with public yards and shared facilities

he also have to furnished the apartment, or will they sleep on the floor in the marriage

people arent realistic here in this country

the reality is most people earning 30k as salary in this age are still living with their parent, with 30k you cant save especially with the 11.5 inflation rate talkless of getting married.
Oga answer the question na... How much should a guy have before getting married
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Bbbwings: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

man i am not living in poverty

i will use this bible passage to illustrate my condition

Proverbs 13:22: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.
what difference does it make.
a single shrub in a vast desert.

i agree with your other point though
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by profmallor: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
Life is a Journey, a man earning 30K is also on a journey, if he speaks as one with a future and a destination. Then be rest assured, his 30K would become millions soon

lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
superability:

Oga answer the question na... How much should a guy have before getting married

read further
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Hairdo666(f): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:
this is just nonsense

this what i hate to read, the pity and emotional game, the story that everything can end just in a day.

getting rich and going broke is a process, it just not start and end in a day

but how can you be earning 30k and be in marriage.

i cant allow a man earning 30k to marry my sister..simple as abc
Loud it!!! I'll not even be married if I earned 30k. Talk less of marrying someone that earns same. Many nairalanders like to come here with their "pity me" bullshit. "Ladies, its not about the money" always forcing broke men on women! Trash thread

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Femsyn(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
On the contrary, my advice is for the man earning 30k with intentions of getting married. Don't do it!!

I'm speaking to the progressive man, not a man living in a hut or hole in a dungeon. I'm speaking to a normal man.

Marriage is not a competition, and i'm not saying you've to make millions to get married.

Just try and improve your earnings a bit before marriage. Finance is one of the leading causes of friction in marriages.

Even love won't be enough! The frustration will be off the hook!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Bbbwings: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
Pwettyella:

Exactly
I responsible man will never be comfortable getting married in a 30k salary
chop knuckle
sense will not kill you
he just roped himself grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Savagethe21st(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
We already know the answer..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90ebtj21t4 Hello guys i'm a 17 year old producer from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or corrections.Thanks and Godbless.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by karli4nia(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
vickydankal:
Past few days has been funny, regarding age, financial stability and economic state a man must attain before talking marriage.

Let me tell a bit of myself. .....

I met my husband in his final year he promised me marriage after a year of service, his salary then was 10k, yes 10k. He proposed and engaged me in his mum's face me I slap you house. My family rejected him at first, because of his dressing, financial status and his house. No much property.

I saw a future with him we will build together, I saw myself as part of his vision builder. I knew my calling was to help him achieve his goals and vision thereby achieving mine.

It took 5 years of struggle, pains, mockery and frustration. But we remained together. Today to the glory of God there's a change of story. We literally feed and pay salary to many of our mockers then .

From mine experience, a good and faith woman has God given discernment to know men with future and also to know if they belong there.

30k is not too small to begin life, though many things must be taken into account. When to begin child birth, number of children, type of housing, property, savings, side hustles etc with wisdom, love, understanding and God's grace backing your efforts you will succeed just a matter of time., that's if you overcome association of village people on time. It is because of excess comfort on the side of the men before marriage that's why many men take their wives as part of their properties.

I have joint account with my husband, most of our major properties are written in both of our names. I have a say in the home, I have earned my dignity and respect. Through thick and thin, so no man can shuush me down. I paid the price in full.

I'm not saying we have achieved everything in my own marriage, I'm saying, if you see a man God fearing, with the qualities you want and with a vision that can house your own vision as a lady, it is not a bad idea. But be ready to be insulted, mocked by family and friends. Let down your guild and roll up your sleeves and work. Forget slay mama and slay queen did later in life. Pay the price...

Too much expectations has kept many unmarried for years. It is not too good to leave all the financial burdens of the home to the man. He is not God, if you are his help meet come low and help him and not expect range rover every birth day.
The amount of salary shouldn't be the only determinant factor. Leadership, management, self control and goals acccessment should be vital on both man and his wife.

I.think you have made your points lucid enough for any Guy/lady with sense to learn from.
Lamentably there aren't many of such here.

May the wise ones read between the lines

May eachone reach their own conclusions..

Gracias amigo

5 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Bbbwings: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
make we no dey lie to ourselves 30k is nothing

2 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
profmallor:
Life is a Journey, a man earning 30K is also on a journey, if he speaks as one with a future and a destination. Then be rest assured, his 30K would become millions soon

his 30k will becomes millions in his dreams,

that is what the last generation told themselves and they are still struggling

my 30k will become millions

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

yes i am not god but i dont want a 30k man near my beautiful sister abeg.

Proverbs 22:7 (NIV), “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender

1 Timothy 5:8 - But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Why do I feel I like your reasoning? Well, on this topic, it's my pleasure sharing a stool(same thought) with you.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Pwettyella(f): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Bbbwings:

chop knuckle
sense will not kill you
he just roped himself grin grin grin grin grin
Abi now
How can you be comfortable with a 30k income as a man
A man with vision and goal will push further before thinking of marriage

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by echelons(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

but this is poverty.

We have 3 drivers at the office that earn 30K each monthly and they're all married with grown children.

It may not be easy for them, but they've got cut their coats according to their sizes.

Being in a relationship, and having marital companionship shouldn't be tied to financial status.

You may find it intriguing to know that I have colleagues who earn more than 10times what these drivers earn who are more indebted.

People manage their lives with whatever life throws at them.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
don4real18:

A young man I know got married in 2012 earning 20k in Abuja. I wouldn't have known if he hasn't told me because his take home today isn't less than 300k monthly

survival bias, there are many also who married with 20k but today their take home pay is still bad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by vickydankal(f): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

no time to be asking god questions

the reality is that money is very important in marriage. what can 30k do in a marriage when inflation rate is 11.32%

there is house rent to pay
transportation to pay
furniture
feeding

these are some of the expenses to cater for, how will this man save for marriage with 30k.

My husband's ideology is never rent a house your 1 month or most your 3 months salary can not handle. See it all depends on the man and woman. As a graduate with first class in mass communication, after a month of wedding no job yet for me, I sold okraka cloths before I got a job. Live in public house with Bath and kitchen outside the house, took few years before child bearing.

Im a believer of the bible, i believe there's a favor activated upon a man when he marries his wife, may not be immediately but surely it will show.

If you can't manage small, millions in your hands could be wasted on frivolities.

12 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by seanwilliam(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

shut up sir, stop disgracing yourself on front page bro... it is not funny.stop trying to display intellectualism.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by chigoizie7(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
But they can marry someone who earns 60k , while they are jobless. Why not also get a job of 30k too.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by idiege12(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

And this is where you got it wrong.

Meanwhile, Watch how nollywood celebrities stormed Uche Jombo's 40th Birthday Pool and House party..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SRrfmKavM
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by SissyAda: 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
NO... U dont have to be ok with my choice and I dont have to explain either. Next question please grin

2 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Jacobx007: 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
You have no idea the LUCK a woman brings to her husband's house, I will tell you my story...

I was a teacher earning 40k per month, I was to get married in December 2015, n I was a bit worried about my income n whether we could actually survive on it, bt my fiancee encouraged me and said we would manage, lo and behold, November 2015 I got another job(200k+)

Never look down on a struggling(focused) man, cos its just a matter of time, my advice to ladies

5 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Bahddo(m): 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
vickydankal:
Past few days has been funny, regarding age, financial stability and economic state a man must attain before talking marriage.

Let me tell a bit of myself. .....

I met my husband in his final year he promised me marriage after a year of service, his salary then was 10k, yes 10k. He proposed and engaged me in his mum's face me I slap you house. My family rejected him at first, because of his dressing, financial status and his house. No much property.

I saw a future with him we will build together, I saw myself as part of his vision builder. I knew my calling was to help him achieve his goals and vision thereby achieving mine.

It took 5 years of struggle, pains, mockery and frustration. But we remained together. Today to the glory of God there's a change of story. We literally feed and pay salary to many of our mockers then .

From mine experience, a good and faith woman has God given discernment to know men with future and also to know if they belong there.

30k is not too small to begin life, though many things must be taken into account. When to begin child birth, number of children, type of housing, property, savings, side hustles etc with wisdom, love, understanding and God's grace backing your efforts you will succeed just a matter of time., that's if you overcome association of village people on time. It is because of excess comfort on the side of the men before marriage that's why many men take their wives as part of their properties.

I have joint account with my husband, most of our major properties are written in both of our names. I have a say in the home, I have earned my dignity and respect. Through thick and thin, so no man can shuush me down. I paid the price in full.

I'm not saying we have achieved everything in my own marriage, I'm saying, if you see a man God fearing, with the qualities you want and with a vision that can house your own vision as a lady, it is not a bad idea. But be ready to be insulted, mocked by family and friends. Let down your guild and roll up your sleeves and work. Forget slay mama and slay queen did later in life. Pay the price...

Too much expectations has kept many unmarried for years. It is not too good to leave all the financial burdens of the home to the man. He is not God, if you are his help meet come low and help him and not expect range rover every birth day.
The amount of salary shouldn't be the only determinant factor. Leadership, management, self control and goals acccessment should be vital on both man and his wife.

you are a wise woman. Your husband is fortunate.

9 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Realtalk20: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

You are the biggest dolt on this planet
, I started out on 15k

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Bahddo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
Pwettyella:

Abi now
How can you be comfortable with a 30k income as a man
A man with vision and goal will push further before thinking of marriage
while a woman with vision and goal looks for a rich man to marry. Leeches.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by franchasng: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
ImaIma1:
It is not every lady that will marry someone she is starting little with.

It is not every rich person that loses the wealth later (this example is becoming cliche and stale)

Some ladies will marry wealthy and already made men and enjoy their marriage(nothing wrong with this). Some won't enjoy it.

Some ladies will marry guys that they will suffer with and enjoy their marriages(their choice too). Some won't enjoy it.

It's the "not rich" ones that keep criticizing ladies for marrying a rich guy and even try to scare them with the "money will disappear" narrative.

Everyone's choice is personal and they should not be trolled for it
My sister I tire oh....why must your money even finish if you made it yourself grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

See How This Guy Punished Lady That Refused To Give Him Her Phone Number / My Dad Caught Me And A Girl Having Sex / Erriga: No Woman Can Go 3 Months Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.