Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (25981 Views)

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by Beautyaddy: 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
m140:

Nawa ooo, it's online people like you fit talk, if you see me you no go wait

You know, right?

I no go wait for Animals. cheesy
Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by Samuelikuponisi: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
One on one communication is the alternative.
Wanna earn sum dollars, register on the link below. U wnt regret it
https://zbimoney.xyz/4207706879212/

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by m140(m): 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You know, right?

I noticed this, you boys are much here, this is what most of you know how do,
Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by timesup234: 7:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You know, right?

shut up there. Even u need flogging to reset your faulty brain. Husbandless mumu
Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by Henadih(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2020
For certain age grade it is shoiuld be strongly recommended but not to the extent of inflicting injuries on the body of the child. it is a no no. we are africans with thick skin so dont say oyinbo nko.
Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by DaRuud(m): 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
It's Unfortunate, we use flogging to correct a child in the place discipline.

It Depends on the offence committed.

One of the most effective means of correcting a child is

Verbal correct ion
Counselling
Eye contact

No toys
No cartoon
No outing
Deny the child his play time
Ground them for some time
No juice
Shouting
Light punishment ( like kneeling down , sitting in naughty corner , standing facing the wall for some minutes )

Finally prayer , prayer and prayer

socialmediaman:
Many parents believe the 'good old way' of flogging and inflicting pain and fear on kids and nannies is still the best way of achieving discipline in them, while other parents have moved on to other 'effective' means, claiming the 'good old ways' are either no longer effective or never were and should have not been used by our parents in the first place.

My questions to guide this conversation are:

1. Do you consider flogging an effective way of achieving discipline on a child? Why?

2. Do you consider flogging an effective way of achieving discipline on a nanny? Why?

3. What other method(s) do you consider effective for achieving discipline on a child or nanny? Why?

It's okay to focus your response on a child or nanny or both.
Re: Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 13, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Cane is necessary in instilling discipline or shaping a child's life.

If you go to some schools where they don't use it, you will notice that the children behaves like spoilt brats

That's why many of these foreigners misbehaves disobeys and could even stand up to their parents

However, Children differ from one another!

While some needs heavy cane (not advisable this days) to sit up, another needs mild one to adjust while others will wee on their body at the sight of a cane!

Some needs to be reprimanded while others needs advise and they will do their best to avoid being cane. Punishment such as frog jump, kneeling, stool down e.t.c can come in handy where a child is used to a cane

Cane is necessary most times but must be used sensibly! If you're hot tempered, stay away from cane as much as possible.

What's important is to know which to apply and when to stop

Don't forget that the aim is to correct the child! No matter how much you are provoked, take a walk, sing rather than beat a child in anger

You're correct. I didn't discipline my child n now he's 14 he don't listen to me he's rude at times, defiant and spoiled I regret that. But is illegal to smack your child in Australia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You? / Bauchi Governor Marries A 4th Wife / Obituary Of Mother And Her 2 Children Killed In Fire Accident In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.