Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

“I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience (81947 Views)

Popular Nigerian Actor, Mr Ibu Narrates How He Got Poisoned / Actor, Mr Ibu Narrates How He Almosts Lost His Life After He Was Poisoned(video) / 21 Nigerian Celebrities Who Survived Horrific Car Accidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by kendological(m): 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
Biodun1929:

I didn't bother to watch your video cos I want to sleep well tonight...but even reading your comment alone is scary.
I am trying to watch the video but it's not opening.
https://newsrescue.one/cannibalism-nigerians-speaking-igbo-cook-human-parts-video/
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by nedekid: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
CHARLOE:

They're actually many in d east, including some parts of Abia, Rivers, akwa ibom and cross river. I find it surprising that some ibos, efiks/calabars; Ngwa & Okrika people are notorious for this barbaric act, yet people from those place keep quiet (out of shame i guess), instead of speaking out against such barbaric act. A friend (Ibo) told me how her father was almost eaten in a village in ngwa land when he went there to visit a friend. She said her father was offered a chair to sit but his ring (jazz) warned him of danger n he was pressed to urinate suddenly, even as people were gathering gradually. A born again ngwa native warned him while urinating that a trap (chair on wood, covered with leaves, on top a pit) had been set for him n a big pot of water was already on d fire for. That was how he escaped.
A friend also narrated how his cousin married an okrika woman n after d wedding, d inlaws locked them up in d house to prevent any1 from going out, else they'd be eaten.
Another friend told me how when he was serving in calabar, on his way from Lagos, he got to cross river late n decided to stop over in a village some hrs drive from calabar to pass d night in a corper friends house n continue d journey d following day. But a good samaritan from that village sitting beside him warned him against it, that he wont see d next day if he enters d village when its dark.
When a new set of corpers arrive these areas, they're usually given stern warning b NYSC officials to always wear their nysc attires anytime theyre going out, as d villagers have been warned/pleaded with not to eat 'govt children'. These canibals eat only strangers i was told. There're reported cases of missing police men in these canibalistic villages in d east, only for their uniforms to be found later around locations where d natives had roast human flesh in their possession.
Bros I second you. I did my orientation ie nysc in that isialangwa. I am aware of two of the stories you spoke about. They are not tales but very real. Those bitches eat people. There was the military administrator then, an Ibo man, can't remember his name that actually crushed them then after a tip off and which he raided the town. A Yoruba policeman I gave a ride those days while serving told me of how he was in the team of the governor that raided and found a human being roasted on a stick over a bonfire. As in the type like a stick they pass through goats that you turn over bonfire.

4 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by baby124: 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
nedekid:

Story I heard was that it started from starvation from the civil war where they were forced to eat enermy soldiers to survive and from there got the taste for humans. Don't know how true. But those people ate humans. Dont know if they still do though.
And then they keep eating people and introducing the act to their children and grand children? That’s completely vile and this is crazy. The amount of people around that pot without fear or question in that video is extremely alarming. This is now a collective and generational derangement.

7 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by kendological(m): 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
A
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Ishilove: 12:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Sanchez01:

Lol! Things happen o.

The testimony took place in my church in Enugu. The atmosphere became chilly instantly when the guy shared his testimony. I can't forget that moment in my life!

A friend I mentioned in one post on this same thread lost her grandma and he relayed how his own biological sister who had never been to the village was stalked when they got there. He claimed it was his father who told them that she is his child and not a stranger or a visitor.

He claimed one of them unconsciously hinted how the lady would taste because she is big boned. Out of fear, they had to return her to Enugu that day, with his brother, the one who relayed the gist while his father and mum continued with the burial.

The whole gist came to light after my very own experience.

Happy New Year, Ishi! kiss
Happy New Year darling! kiss

The mind boggles at what you have related. How can such satanic practices still exist in this age?
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Hotfreez: 1:14am On Jan 04, 2020
kendological:
https://www.nairaland.com/1866842/igbos-really-only-historical-cannibals
Let's educate ourselves.

Now that you've accepted that Igbos are historical cannibals, we're making progress. Kindly forward the memo to your brothers denying it all over the thread.

4 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Hotfreez: 1:16am On Jan 04, 2020
Goldencheese:
Una just like to dey yarn disunity sha. What of the Badoo cult, Ibadan ritual den, Osun incident in which a pastor killed a LASU student? How about the kidnapping and other vices in the North? Should we now say all Yorubas and northerners are this or that? For your information, corp members serve in Arochukwu and Isiala-Ngwa and none has been killed or found missing from yore. Do your research and prove me wrong.

You deserve to be banned for fanning embers of ethnic hate on this platform.

https://newsrescue.one/cannibalism-nigerians-speaking-igbo-cook-human-parts-video/

2 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by nlPoster: 1:16am On Jan 04, 2020
I'd like to believe the emboldened is false

It's not.
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2020
karkinase:
staged my ass.....why spamming the thread to discredit the fact cannibals still exist..
Too bad LL has disabled comments ... that video was extensively discussed there and debunked. It is fake AF. Believe what you want though.

1 Like

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by hardbody: 2:21am On Jan 04, 2020
Hotfreez:
That should be in Igboland since Mr. Ibu spoke to them in their language.

In Arochukwu and Isiala-Ngwa, those ones are notorious cannibals and they still practice it today, codedly.
Even broader Ngwa land, they are known for cannibalism, especially those their small small villages in the bush.

Before you argue, can you tell me why in Ngwa land, people face oncoming people and walk by the left hand side instead of the right?
That's because if the cutlass of the cannibal hunters is to swing, it's harder swinging from the left to the right.

For those asking for proof, watch this video of Igbos speaking Igbo language and cooking a full-grown male human.

Video

Did you say Arochukwu? I am still on vacation here and I came with 2 yoruba friends and 1 friend from Owerri. We just got back from an all night gig. Those guys, (Seun and Tunde) go out on their own and come back whenever they choose. Ignorance is a curse to you. Leave your hamlet and move around a bit. Use Google to even learn a few things about other people and their customs. I am ashamed to belong in the same age with you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Tycyborg(m): 2:27am On Jan 04, 2020
LegendaryLover:
Are there still communities where this man's face is not known? I mean he's famous for god's sake. Will be even more famous in the east from he's from.
And truth be told, most villagers watch more indigenous movies than foreign ones. Also, villages enjoy electricity alot these days, in some cases more than towns sef.

U won't want to eat a star? ur star.

So, it's either he's lying/exaggerating, the blogger is lying, those men he heard were lying, his director is lying, or NL is lying.

Sadly it's true there are cannibals in the south Eastern part of Nigeria. I don't know how true ibu story is but damn it almost happened to me too and I ran for my life we still couldn't find one of our fellow workers till date and police had no trails of him

4 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Melian(f): 2:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Hotfreez:
That should be in Igboland since Mr. Ibu spoke to them in their language.

In Arochukwu and Isiala-Ngwa, those ones are notorious cannibals and they still practice it today, codedly.
Even broader Ngwa land, they are known for cannibalism, especially those their small small villages in the bush.

Before you argue, can you tell me why in Ngwa land, people face oncoming people and walk by the left hand side instead of the right?
That's because if the cutlass of the cannibal hunters is to swing, it's harder swinging from the left to the right.

For those asking for proof, watch this video of Igbos speaking Igbo language and cooking a full-grown male human.

Video

valarinz see your people.

Where's that stupid igbo boy with one thousand monikers sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by ba7man(m): 4:45am On Jan 04, 2020
Ahhh...... A group of friends way back once got stranded in a village they went to evangelize.

They called my group that was in another location and we were discussing how we would link up the next day since it was late.

A man listening in on our phone conversation heard the name of the village and quickly interrupted us.

He told us to tell them to start running to the nearest police station to spend the night there since them being stranded in the village was a grand plan.

The villagers deliberately delay external visitors without ties there till there's no more vehicles going out of that area, then you have no choice but to spend the night there.

They locate wherever you are spending the night and the rest is history.......according to the man.

4 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by valarinz: 6:26am On Jan 04, 2020
Melian:

valarinz see your people.

Where's that stupid igbo boy with one thousand monikers sef?

So now you're trying to involve me in your e-tribal wars?

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by ekhai(m): 6:41am On Jan 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
At least there would have been an interesting topic on FP if it had happened angry
LIKE ''BROTHERS CHOP BROTHER' OR MR IBU KILLED AND EATEN BY KINSMEN. grin grin
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by frikpus: 6:44am On Jan 04, 2020
Ngwa people don try Ibu.
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by NathanAnomaly: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2020
LegendaryLover:
Are there still communities where this man's face is not known? I mean he's famous for god's sake. Will be even more famous in the east from he's from.
And truth be told, most villagers watch more indigenous movies than foreign ones. Also, villages enjoy electricity alot these days, in some cases more than towns sef.

U won't want to eat a star? ur star.

So, it's either he's lying/exaggerating, the blogger is lying, those men he heard were lying, his director is lying, or NL is lying.

I don't think Mr Ibu would lie over something like this.
He is not one of those slay queen actresses cooking up stories so they can trend.

You should have asked what year it happened

3 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by hensben(m): 8:38am On Jan 04, 2020
lollytk:
you are very correct a friend of mine is from isiala-ngwa she told me a community close to hers still practice cannibalism especially if you can't speak there language and night crawl. Though I knew she didn't want to tell me na her community grin I turned down her invitation when I was invited for her brother's wedding tongue
My wife is Ibo and she told me it is true that Isiala-Ngwa people still eat human flesh till date, mostly strangers.

6 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Aiyk2333: 9:47am On Jan 04, 2020
everybody who claimed witness claims he or she heard the villagers speaking of how sweet their meat would be. the ngwa /anang in abia and cross river respectively are the known stories of cannibalism. for the past 20yrs they've been no first hand witness or victim, none. .yet people are now tagging the whole south east!!! yet y'all have one or two families in the east, who has eaten them?? It's actually stupid and shows how our educational system is useless, youths now write based on hear say, media trial, and out of sentiments.. every post now on nairaland is tribalised, even those that haven't moved out thier locale since childbirth are writing evidences
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Aiyk2333: 9:50am On Jan 04, 2020
hensben:
My wife is Ibo and she told me it is true that Isiala-Ngwa people still eat human flesh till date, mostly strangers.
till date, ask her if she knows any victim recently, any victims for the last 20yrs.. I've been to ngwa severally, the fear is there. the thought of it induces fear and u would be extremely careful.. but there's nothing of such. corpers are posted to ngwa, do u mean all are eaten too, there's a police station, there visitors doing business
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by dboyoji: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Aiyk2333:
everybody who claimed witness claims he or she heard the villagers speaking of how sweet their meat would be. the ngwa /anang in abia and cross river respectively are the known stories of cannibalism. for the past 20yrs they've been no first hand witness or victim, none. .yet people are now tagging the whole south east!!! yet y'all have one or two families in the east, who has eaten them?? It's actually stupid and shows how our educational system is useless, youths now write based on hear say, media trial, and out of sentiments.. every post now on nairaland is tribalised, even those that haven't moved out thier locale since childbirth are writing evidences
You are very intelligent.
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Estellie: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2020
prekumohtim:

Hello this is not a matter of bin popular. It is simply a matter of taste for human flesh. These people have unquenchable appetite for human flesh. Strangers normally suffer for it. It happens in East and Akwa Ibom state
It "happened "
No where in Akwa Ibom where human flesh is still eaten. Cross river maybe buh not Akwa ibom.

Let's be guided...
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Caseless: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2020
elmodee7:
"a language he understands" food for thought.
that happened in the east. Naso dem de tell say part of okigwe do eat humans. Isiala ngwa in abia state is notorious for this act.

3 Likes

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Caseless: 10:46am On Jan 04, 2020
GhettoG1:
This jst sounds like a joke jare, a whole manager alighted frm d bus, d second bus too left u, then you chasing em bus nd no one could heard u...
On the topic, well i always thought it was all rumour of human eater in d south bt Mr Ibu confirmed it nw .. . Em still spoke d same language... Jst Negodu
how the lead actor was left behind and he ran after the bus and that big man wasn't noticed is a mystery to me.

1 Like

Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Melian(f): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2020
valarinz:

So now you're trying to involve me in your e-tribal wars?

Mba.
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Splendor27: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2020
DAT is abaungwa in abia state.....they eat human lik chicken...
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by ronyman(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
Isiala ngwa in Abia state aswerigaad
Realtalk20:
Like a scene from a horror movie, popular actor, John Okafor aka Mr. Ibu has revealed a moment he was almost eaten by cannibals.

He disclosed that the incident occurred on a film location in an unnamed village.

Mr. Ibu said that his colleagues had mistakenly left him behind at night after filming in the village.

“My colleagues left me on set by mistake late in the night after shooting,” he told Daily Sun.

“However, the location manager had earlier admonished us to move in groups because, in the community, they eat human beings. However, it was quite late when we finished.

“We had two location buses and I was already sitting on the bus in front but because I was manager, I said let me organise the people on the bus behind before we moved.

“As I alighted, the bus in front zoomed off and before I made it to the second bus it also moved. I kept shouting as I chased both buses but nobody heard me and I was left alone.”

Mr. Ibu said that his fear multiplied when he heard two male strangers speaking in a language he could understand, especially after remembering what the location manager told him.

According to him, the two men were discussing how tasty his flesh would be.

The popular thespian explained that he approached the men and greeted them in the language they were speaking and they were surprised.

At this point, he said, one of the men told him to be prepared to run for his life as he was in danger.

However, he revealed that a crowd kept gathering around him and he felt like a trapped animal about to be led to the slaughter.

Mr. Ibu said that it was at this time that his friends began to call out his name from afar.

“They had returned just on time to rescue me with a team of policemen and vigilante. I was greatly relieved. The ordeal lasted for about two hours,” he disclosed.

Cc Mynd44, OAM4J Lalasticlala

Source https://www.herald.ng/i-was-nearly-eaten-by-cannibals-mr-ibu-narrates-horrific-experience/
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Dedetwo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
Realtalk20:
Like a scene from a horror movie, popular actor, John Okafor aka Mr. Ibu has revealed a moment he was almost eaten by cannibals.

He disclosed that the incident occurred on a film location in an unnamed village.

Mr. Ibu said that his colleagues had mistakenly left him behind at night after filming in the village.

“My colleagues left me on set by mistake late in the night after shooting,” he told Daily Sun.

“However, the location manager had earlier admonished us to move in groups because, in the community, they eat human beings. However, it was quite late when we finished.

“We had two location buses and I was already sitting on the bus in front but because I was manager, I said let me organise the people on the bus behind before we moved.

“As I alighted, the bus in front zoomed off and before I made it to the second bus it also moved. I kept shouting as I chased both buses but nobody heard me and I was left alone.”

Mr. Ibu said that his fear multiplied when he heard two male strangers speaking in a language he could understand, especially after remembering what the location manager told him.

According to him, the two men were discussing how tasty his flesh would be.

The popular thespian explained that he approached the men and greeted them in the language they were speaking and they were surprised.

At this point, he said, one of the men told him to be prepared to run for his life as he was in danger.

However, he revealed that a crowd kept gathering around him and he felt like a trapped animal about to be led to the slaughter.

Mr. Ibu said that it was at this time that his friends began to call out his name from afar.

“They had returned just on time to rescue me with a team of policemen and vigilante. I was greatly relieved. The ordeal lasted for about two hours,” he disclosed.

Cc Mynd44, OAM4J Lalasticlala

Source https://www.herald.ng/i-was-nearly-eaten-by-cannibals-mr-ibu-narrates-horrific-experience/

This is a story by the moonlight. Who in his/her right senses will mess around for two hours in order to start organizing already located meant?
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by uninspired07: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
We have all reached a consensus based on conclusive evidence that cannibalism is still being practiced in Igbo land so there’s no need to argue any further.

We can now move to the next topic, please.
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by Aiyk2333: 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
uninspired07:
We have all reached a consensus based on conclusive evidence that cannibalism is still being practiced in Igbo land so there’s no need to argue any further.

We can now move to the next topic, please.
show us names of any victim or shut ur dirty afonjic gutters. Ritualistic fools.. the girl to the wicked boyfriend and his mum is a victim of ur skull mining, we can attest y'all are skull miners give me one victim of cannibalism, a name or this topic is dead on arrival
Re: “I Was Nearly Eaten By Cannibals” – Mr Ibu Narrates Horrific Experience by kendological(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hotfreez:

Now that you've accepted that Igbos are historical cannibals, we're making progress. Kindly forward the memo to your brothers denying it all over the thread.
Your father is the Historical cannibal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mr. Macaroni Reacts To Peter Obi Defeating Bola Tinubu In Lagos; Gets Threatened / Williams Uchemba's Groomsmen: AY, Peter Okoye, Banky W, Falz Spotted / Princess Shyngle Loses Her Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.