Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad (31500 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by CorperKola: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Pls buzz off, you're going in circles and still saying rubbish, comparing your wife with employees is stupidity in itself, how would someone says he loves someone enough to marry her, then decides that because she is a house wife, she isn't entitled to half? she took care of your kids, you, fvcked you constantly, things go awry, she doesn't deserve half but should be compensated? and the sacrifices she made by staying at home is nothing?rubbish.

And @bolded, why the fvck will you think fvcking her husband constantly means selling their bodies just to get compensated in the end? I am honestly trying not say my piece of mind to the mistake that is you, nonsense.
Ur generation is a mistake obviously.
It
Its really funny how you all cant see the logical somersault you are performing

You said she contributed to the business, you siad housekeeping is a serious job and its not easy, someone even said housekeeping is a full time job that she was employed as a full time housewife or housekeeper, the point being it is a JOB, how can you then get angry for comparing her to an employee doing a JOB.
And trying to negotiate proper pay.

You are all being emotional
And it wont work,
Your only weapon is emotional blackmail

Someone even compared her to a prostitute
By implying fucking her husband for 27 years is not easy and she should be paid for that too
Maybe we should conduct surveys how much they charge per night now and do the calculations, lol
And future wives should include their nightly fees on their marriage documents too to avoid any confusions in the future.lol
You should stop being silly, and look at issues objectively.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by CorperKola: 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Finally I've drawn out why you have a backward mindset and warped thinking, you are a Muslim, no wonder you see women as second fiddle, so women in the western world standing up for themselves hurts you real bad right? Clap for yourself,

So in your stupid thinking, Muslims don't divorce right? You are so clueless and uncouth I doubt you went to school, keep your backwardness to your self and type, rubbish.
Hehehe
Its paining you
I will have 4 of you in my house
And you will obviously die alone

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by emerged01(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Is your Mum still thinking of getting married? After 27 yrs your mum is considering divorce with 6 children? Since your mother have been making sacrifice for the union,she should continue to make herself sacrifice for the sake of the children. No man will marry your mother with 6 children,so she should not make decision when she is angry.
Considering Nigeria law guiding marriage,your mum will gain nothing from divorce. I think you are even supporting your mother to divorce your dad. In this kind of situation,divorce is not an option except your mum is an independent woman.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
bekpo:

My dear, this can only b possible if d marriage was contracted under d law. As it is, the marriage was contracted under d native law n custom. Except she produce credible evidence to show that d investments were jointly owned. What if d second woman get him contract a marriage under d Act? She will loose out completely because d second woman hold better title. My advice: let her stay put if d man ain't violent on her or d kids, if he's violent on her or d kids, she should take that up with d authorities ASAP. 27 years of marriage ain't a jock.

thats how society make us thing therefore we think, that she cant get anything, imagine your sister gets married traditionally both families witnessed the ceremony and she was just house and the marriage produced 5 kids.

15 years down the line, your sister wants divorce and she doesnt deserve what they both contributed to the 15 years of marriage? Was the men cooking, washing, house chore etc for himself? the Answer is No therefore she deserve something irregardless that she was just a housewife.

Its abuse my friend to send back with nothing after spending so many years as married people, no woman would want to be married, if she should be told first hand that you get nothing if we divorce.

Its stupid men who sees it ok because he is the one benefiting but would do the same if it was your sister

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Omobada(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

its not complicated at all if we take out corruption, she get half of what they aquired during the marriage

The problem is that most people are not educated to know their basic rights in marriage

And cultural route is biased towards women
Are you talking based on Nigerian laws or foreign laws. because in Nigerian laws there's nothing like that.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by uninspired07: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

What you are saying make no sense

Are you a man or a woman?
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by midnighter(f): 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
bekpo:
My dear, this can only b possible if d marriage was contracted under d law. As it is, the marriage was contracted under d native law n custom. Except she produce credible evidence to show that d investments were jointly owned. What if d second woman get him contract a marriage under d Act? She will loose out completely because d second woman hold better title. My advice: let her stay put if d man ain't violent on her or d kids, if he's violent on her or d kids, she should take that up with d authorities ASAP. 27 years of marriage ain't a jock.

Yeah. I think we are getting quite emotional in here. I want to know what papers and documents the woman actually has before she thinks of going anywhere

Otherwise the divorce stuff will just be rubbish. Especially if, like you said, the other lady was smart enough to get the man to sign something.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
CorperKola:

Hehehe
Its paining you

Of course you will only attract your kind, and I sure as hell will get married real soon, take your negativity outta here.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
LordKO:
The kind of mentality most people have and the absurd things one reads on a forum like this most of the time are so repulsive.

I wonder how any sane person would say that a wife who conscientiously and loyally stayed at home and caters for the family (with or without offspring) doesn't have right to claim that she "helped build wealth in particular and the family in general" with her husband, just because he majorly contributed his own quota of the family success monetarily/materially.

It's an abomination to approach marriage, a sacred union, as a commercial business.

OP

Your mother is entitled to at least half part of the family assets, especially if she has been a submissive wife all this while. I don't want to hastily conclude that you've a small-minded/insane man as a father.

Well

You know Nigeria is a messed up society

So many in that zoo country have a messed up mindset

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by CorperKola: 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Of course you will only attract your kind, and I sure as hell will get married real soon, take your negativity outta here.
Then its not hard to see divorce within 3 years
M not an alfa o but somethings you can see from a mile away
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
uninspired07:

Are you a man or a woman?
A man

Why you asking?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
farady:
OP no need talking to any lawyer. If the intent is to see what she can slice out of your dad estates, then I think it would be an excersice in futility and waste of money.

Instead, let her call you guys (her children), build a strong bond amongst you guys and pray for you guys to be successful in your individual endeavours.

Above all, this is the time to handover her battles to God in serious prayers and also committing the safety and overall wellbeing of her children to God.

There's no point seeking for divorce after 27 years. In no distant time and by God's grace you guys should have found your feet. That alone is more than enough consolation for whatever she feels she's being deprived in her marriage.

This has to be a joke

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by uninspired07: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

A man

Why you asking?

The are advancing ideas that favor women.

Are you a feminist? Some men are feminists.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by uninspired07: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
CorperKola:

Then its not hard to see divorce within 3 years
M not an alfa o but somethings you can see from a mile away

Unfortunately, this is true. Unless she marries a very liberal or soft.

One doesn’t need to be a pastor to see that.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
uninspired07:

The are advancing ideas that favor women.

Are you a feminist? Some men are feminists.

Favour women as how tho

After being married for that long
And he left you for another
She deserves some settlement

It may not be 50/50

But she does deserve something

A lot of women in Nigeria don dey wise up sha

This cant happen to these women coming up

And yes, I believe in some Feminist ideals

8 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
sassysure:
It would have been easy if they were both co- owners of their property/ investments.

Our women are very emotional and u don't win in the wars of life through emotional tantrums.
When he bought that land, was your name included?
Those cars, houses etc
For heaven's sake what are u doing in a union where u don't have your name alongside your husband's in all the assets that matters.

Enter marriage and use sense to survive in case of eventualities like this. No one knows tomorrow.
It's even ver paramount if u are a stay at home mother otherwise, Go out there and hustle.
As for the kids, both of u should sit down and iron how to go about it or the man should make some adjustments if he want u to stay at home.
That he takes care of u and the kids is never enough.
The odds are always against the women in a highly patriarchal society like Nigeria.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
uninspired07:

Egregious violation of the rules of professional conduct by the NBA. Barr. Maxwell will be severely penalized for this rubbish.

Charlatan lawyer. It’s your kind that are bemirsching our noble profession.

Lol

I don't understand u

What wrong did he do?
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Fourwinds:
the first wife may be reason why he went for the second woman... When she decide to misbehave and push the man far from home... Put the blame where it belong

What is this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by anie07: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
Your mum can make her marriage work. Tell her to make it work with her husband, divorcing her husband will only harm the children in the end. It is her duty to make it work. Tell her
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by benji93: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Man, you are a very wicked fellow. I hope my sister never stumbles across you. I hope you didn't mean that, cos that statement and it's context clearly suggests that you belong to the school of thought that would rather keep their wives as slaves. It's fair that a man can have as many partners as he wishes, but a woman cannot? Is it wrong to hate having a rival, and thus sever your relationships as a result? If you can't let them have multiple partners, at least allow them to get out of the polygamous marriage you brought into existence, into a monogamous marriage if they wish. Man you give off a lot of negative energy. You need serious cleansing.
back2sender:

She is simply very greedy and a disgrace to womanhood with her wapt thinking.

Can you imagine thinking of what to gain from the divorce?

Is she not the one pushing for divorce, so why wanting to gain from the Man from the divorce process? Is the children not enough for her as a reward?

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by uninspired07: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

Lol

I don't understand u

What wrong did he do?

Are you a lawyer? If you’re not, you won’t understand what he did.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by uninspired07: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

Favour women as how tho

After being married for that long
And he left you for another
She deserves some settlement

It may not be 50/50

But she does deserve something

A lot of women in Nigeria don dey wise up sha

This cant happen to these women coming up

And yes, I believe in some Feminist ideals

Ok. It’s good for you.

Goodluck.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by HarunaWest(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

You mo see say his papa marry another woman?

Why you still blaming his mum
my dad is married to two women and so..what's the big deal...Men marry more than two wives nowadays both Christian's and Muslims so?..... Everyone is managing their homes peacefully....There's something more to this....it's not about the second wife.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
I wish it was that easy but he has him tired up with some deep voodoo shit
azimo:
at your age ur parents are looking for divorce ,this is what you need to do send the second wife with out child away ,then slap ur dad and mum to regain their sense.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks
quote author=BitmapStudios post=85488119]Divorce is a long process and takes a great toil on both parties, especially the woman. No judge wants to be the reason why a party will break up and that's why they try to make it a long process and hope the parties settle their mess. That's why you would often hear in a judge final pronouncement like.... after irreconcilable differences....
My advice; divorce should only the option when the union is life threaten. Has prayers been exhausted? Family roundtable discussion? Perseverance?
My prayers are with you and your family. May peace and live reign in your home.

Caveat: However, I'm not in your or your mom's shoes, take the best decision for your sakes.
cool[/quote]
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
This part right here cheesy
pocohantas:

The aim is always to bash women.

I am sure if OP's mother came years back to ask for advice and some people here advises her to insist on working. They will call those people bitter manhating feminists, looking for a marriage to destroy. Very confused elements.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
I don talk tire which sane guy at my age and level wants his parents to spilt
meeky247:
This guy wants the d*ck of his father which he can not get.
guy cool down and talk to your mum. call your father to order and be that person that unit the family again.
anything other than the above you will blame yourself in future time.
The gods has spoken
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by safarigirl(f): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
donbachi:
You better talk to ur mum to calm down and play along for the sake of her children.since your dad is well to do.before the very manipulative woman manipulate him into writing his will against the will of GOD for you guys.

As long as he has dependents, he cannot exclude them from his will, irrespective of manipulation, or the Will will be invalid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Cause we live in total lack while my dad and his mistress lives in a fortress
pocohantas:

Baby, she doesn't want divorce, she wants to know what she will get out of the divorce.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Also, getting married early does not stop anyone from seeking financial freedom. My point is whatever they do, they can be taught to never settle for being home raising kids and not making their own money since the Nigerian man will always want to short change them at the end of the day.

You folks are just arguing against logic.

cc @plead

wizdomnzube:
You still dey talk go far bros, NYSC too far naw, from 300l they don dey marry. They nor get nothing for account bros only pussy so na to dey house dey lay egg sure pass for them. Na if the husband pity dem he go open shop for them to use dey useful small. Marriage dis days na poverty alleviation scheme for dem girls!

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Probably better and more content than any of the four who have to share you. grin

CorperKola:

Hehehe
Its paining you

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

South African Family Recreates Their Photo Taken In 1992, After 25 Years / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant / A Child Survives An Accident After A Car Climbed His Head. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.