Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,588 members, 7,827,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad (31552 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
Please this be no joke my parents have had a rough path for 17years now and a marriage of 27years things seem not to work out no more and she is fed up and want to leave cause my father is married to another woman who seems to manipulate him and has no single child, my father is well to do so she wants to know her choices what she stands to gain or lose along the process please my lawyers in the house help out

Advice your mother to accept her rival already; unless she wants to end up alone and penniless; waiting for the meager amount that the court will rule for her; only until those minors are adults. And advice your father to be fair with both of them and not let any of the women in his life control him.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
There’s a reason why it is so. (The marriage as a priority aspect). And @bold is a lie.

But again living wherever doesn’t change the validity of my point. Young girls can learn to say no to dependence in the name of being good wives who want to put their homes first to their own detriment . instead of being told that’s the way it is and there’s nothing they can do about it. They can be taught differently.

It’s almost as if we are too happy to point out the problem but reluctant to do anything about it.

Okay, let’s continue to deceive ourselves cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by seunmohmoh(f): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2020
I hope everything goes well in your family.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by AntiWailer: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2020
Encourage her to remain separated alone.

No need for divorce after 27 years.

She is trying to make the other woman the legitimate owner of her sweat.

12 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
Please this no be joke. My parents have had a rough path for 17 years now and a marriage of 27 years.

Things seem not to work out no more and she is fed up and wants to leave cause my father is married to another woman who seems to manipulate him and has no single child. My father is well to do so she wants to know her choices, what she stands to gain or lose along the process.

Please my lawyers in the house help out.
OK,if that is what she wants ,its fine. She should speak with a lawyer first of all
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2020
You didnt tell us the core problem..

Is there still love?
Does your Dad still live up to his financial obligations?
Does he dislike your mom and still loves his children?
Does she want to jist seperate or she wants to be with someone else?
These are things to consider..
As for your mum she won’t gain much with a divorce cos Nigerian laws don’t favour women in divorce.
However the children might loose everything if she divorces.

Thread carefully please

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BREYZ: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Your mom should calm down before you guys lose everything.
The concern her isnt just about her but you and your siblings, your future in relation to your Dad's Will. The manipulative woman can manipulate everything to her favour o.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by daprofo: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
Please this no be joke. My parents have had a rough path for 17 years now and a marriage of 27 years.

Things seem not to work out no more and she is fed up and wants to leave cause my father is married to another woman who seems to manipulate him and has no single child. My father is well to do so she wants to know her choices, what she stands to gain or lose along the process.

Call Barr. Maxwell
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:

after 27 years of marriage !
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Self respect or loneliness, the choice is hers

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by ZUBY77(m): 10:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Did she win a lottery?

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:06am On Jan 04, 2020
daprofo:

Call Barr. Maxwell

scum bag lawyer

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BigJoe19: 10:06am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
Yes she helped him build it. If he had to stay home to raise their kids, he wouldn’t be able to achieve what he did. That’s a fact.

Her contributions are valid and equal to his. Unless he considers the money to be worth more than his children and family. She birthed and raised them for the family. That’s a significant contribution to the family.

We look down on that because it’s women who do it.
because we are raised to not respect women and their efforts.

Reason why I can never encourage a woman to listen to her husband and stay at home in the name of being submissive. Unless that’s her choice made out of her free will.

After you spend your youth working to raise and keep the home, it’s discarded as nothing and you have to be dependent and subservient. begging for what’s rightfully yours. Even enduring disrespect so that you won’t lose out.

So she should leave the children for who? If a woman gets pregnant she should be ready to nuture the child.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2020
hmm
..this kind second wife them...

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by philip0906(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
There’s a reason why it is so. (The marriage as a priority aspect). And @bold is a lie.

But again living wherever doesn’t change the validity of my point. Young girls can learn to say no to dependence in the name of being good wives who want to put their homes first to their own detriment . instead of being told that’s the way it is and there’s nothing they can do about it. They can be taught differently.

It’s almost as if we are too happy to point out the problem but reluctant to do anything about it.
The point he is making is young girls are not learning and will never learn in this part of the world.

They are only internet warriors and voltrons. Out there, they still and will always depend on men.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BigJoe19: 10:08am On Jan 04, 2020
funmisticqueen:
No woman benefits from being the come up woman. No woman benefits from ', building' with a man. No woman benefits from self sacrifice where a man is concerned.
Why can't the woman build herself?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by doggedfighter(f): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Plead:

Which young girls? grin you live in USA not Nigeria. grin

The young girls you’re talking about have only marriage on their mind during nysc and after serving the next thing is to rush into marriage ,they don’t care about having 50k in their account sef grin and will be very happy staying at home as housewives. grin

Forget all these internet talks ....in real life, most Nigerian women are still dependent on men, ‘only few are bread winners,well to do/ financially stable, or even have the mindset to make their own money and liberal’.
You know nothing about women

9 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:

at your age ur parents are looking for divorce ,this is what you need to do send the second wife with out child away ,then slap ur dad and mum to regain their sense.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BigJoe19: 10:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Swargu:
You didnt tell us the core problem..

Is there still love?
Does your Dad still live up to his financial obligations?
Does he dislike your mom and still loves his children?
Does she want to jist seperate or she wants to be with someone else?
These are things to consider..
As for your mum she won’t gain much with a divorce cos Nigerian laws don’t favour women in divorce.
However the children might loose everything if she divorces.

Thread carefully please
Why must the divorce laws favour women? What stopped her from making her own money?
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by hopexter(m): 10:11am On Jan 04, 2020
2special:
Hope they are legally married, let her discuss with a good lawyer before moving out.... God will see her through

Divorce is Legal. Let mama leave jare, bobo can't wait any longer for mama to leave papa grin grin
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BigJoe19: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2020
doggedfighter:

You know nothing about women
Do you women even know yourselves?

6 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MrASO: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2020
Hmm.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by ukeleh: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2020
Where is she going after 17years? Is your dad asking her to leave the house? If no, she should remain in the marriage. It's a matter of you occupy your space and I occupy my space
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2020
Welcome to 9ja. Court go award your mum 20k for the 2 underage kids a month

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BitmapStudios: 10:14am On Jan 04, 2020
Divorce is a long process and takes a great toil on both parties, especially the woman. No judge wants to be the reason why a party will break up and that's why they try to make it a long process and hope the parties settle their mess. That's why you would often hear in a judge final pronouncement like.... after irreconcilable differences....
My advice; divorce should only the option when the union is life threatening. Has prayers been exhausted? Family roundtable discussion? Perseverance?
My prayers are with you and your family. May peace and love reign in your home.

Caveat: However, I'm not in your or your mom's shoes, take the best decision for your sakes.
cool

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Neoteny(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2020
So in 27 years of marriage your dad was a husband for only 10 years, and an asshole for 17?

8 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by LordKO(m): 10:15am On Jan 04, 2020
The kind of mentality most people have and the absurd things one reads on a forum like this most of the time are so repulsive.

I wonder how any sane person would say that a wife who conscientiously and loyally stayed at home and catered for the family (with or without offspring) doesn't have right to claim that she "helped build wealth in particular and the family in general" with her husband, just because he majorly contributed his own quota of the family's success monetarily/materially.

It's an abomination to approach marriage, a sacred union, as a commercial business.

OP

Your mother is entitled to at least half part of the family's assets, especially if she has been a submissive wife all this while. I don't want to hastily conclude that you've a small-minded/insane man as a father.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by doggedfighter(f): 10:15am On Jan 04, 2020
BigJoe19:
Do you women even know yourselves?
Maybe women you know and come across. Don't use them as a yardstick to measure every woman. Generalization makes no sense

13 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by pocohantas(f): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2020
I thought they said men never leave the woman who BUILT with them?

Now being a submissive housewife is insignificant.

You have to love our men grin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by BigJoe19: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2020
doggedfighter:

Maybe women you know and come across. Don't use them as a yardstick to measure every woman. Generalization makes no sense
It Is the same thing you all say, if I tell you to say your life plan, you won't be able to say anything.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by unbitchable(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
Yes she helped him build it. If he had to stay home to raise their kids, he wouldn’t be able to achieve what he did. That’s a fact.

Her contributions are valid and equal to his. Unless he considers the money to be worth more than his children and family. She birthed and raised them for the family. That’s a significant contribution to the family.

We look down on that because it’s women who do it.
because we are raised to not respect women and their efforts.

Reason why I can never encourage a woman to listen to her husband and stay at home in the name of being submissive. Unless that’s her choice made out of her free will.

After you spend your youth working to raise and keep the home, it’s discarded as nothing and you have to be dependent and subservient. begging for what’s rightfully yours. Even enduring disrespect so that you won’t lose out.

And this hypocrite here is very submissive to her husband at home . you have a girl child, train her to be rude to her husband in the name of equality, we'd see what becomes of her.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies In Italy After Daughter Was “Forcefully” Adopted By Govt. PICS / I Believe My Wife Is Cheating / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.