Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad (31521 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
Also, getting married early does not stop anyone from seeking financial freedom. My point is whatever they do, they can be taught to never settle for being home raising kids and not making their own money since the Nigerian man will always want to short change them at the end of the day.

You folks are just arguing against logic.

cc @plead

Don't make this a Nigerian thing.
No man in the world like a liability in the name of housewife undecided
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by DexterousOne(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
HarunaWest:

my dad is married to two women and so..what's the big deal...Men marry more than two wives nowadays both Christian's and Muslims so?..... Everyone is managing their homes peacefully....There's something more to this....it's not about the second wife.

No wonder you talking like this
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
Cause we live in total lack while my dad and his mistress lives in a fortress
Na em be say your papa no get the kind money you make us feel he has.
It is impossible to be a dependent of a "BIG MAN" and still be in the kind of lack you are talking about,whether he wants to give you or not.
Or you guys are complete idiots.
If he gives nothing,atleast his name gives you credibility which can be turned to money if the dependents have working brains.
I won't be surprised if you don't have a brain sha,since you can't convince your own mother to avoid ordinary divorce.
I really hate dull people tbh....
Smh.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
safarigirl:

As long as he has dependents, he cannot exclude them from his will, irrespective of manipulation, or the Will will be invalid.

The dependants are the children,the wife can be excluded.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by midnighter(f): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
Logobenz:
Na em be say your papa no get the kind money you make us feel he has.
It is impossible to be a dependent of a "BIG MAN" and still be in the kind of lack you are talking about,whether he wants to give you or not.
Or you guys are complete idiots.
If he gives nothing,atleast his name gives you credibility which can be turned to money if the dependents have working brains.
I won't be surprised if you don't have a brain sha,since you can't convince your own mother to avoid ordinary divorce.
I really hate dull people tbh....
Smh.

You need to read Slaywifes diary to know that you are actually the biggest idiot in this thread.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by donbachi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
safarigirl:

As long as he has dependents, he cannot exclude them from his will, irrespective of manipulation, or the Will will be invalid.
dumo vs stepmother.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Logobenz:
Don't make this a Nigerian thing.
No man in the world like a liability in the name of housewife undecided

I didn’t make it a Nigerian thing so to say. I simply stated that young girls should learn from this thread and then plead quoted me to say this is Nigeria not USA. Nairalanders are fond of leaving your point to attack where you’re posting from. As if that makes your point invalid.

As for liability, some men want working wives, some want house wives, some women want one or the other. A housewife is not a liability when the staying at home is planned well with a purpose. Not all working wives are independent. Different situations require different approaches.

But yes I’ll always encourage a NIGERIAN woman to get her own money since our laws are yet to advance to the stage where stay-at-home moms are protected in the case of a breakup.

Do we have community laws in Nigeria? Where everything I own and everything my husband owns will be split equitably in the case of a divorce (regardless of who caused the divorce) so that no one gets cheated? are we at the point where everyone understands this and we don’t have to talk about it all the time?

If we don’t have such laws yet and our mindsets are not there yet, then my advice still stands. No Nigerian girl should agree to be a housewife for any man. They don’t like them like that.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
donbachi:
dumo vs stepmother.
Gbam! And that is a case involving billionaires and very exposed people oh!

A case that has sans on it yet dumo hasn’t seen any light yet! And this one is talking what I don’t know.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:

I didn’t make it a Nigerian thing so to say. I simply stated that young girls should learn from this thread and then plead quoted me to say this is Nigeria not USA. Nairalanders are fond of leaving your point to attack where you’re posting from. As if that makes your point invalid.

As for liability, some men want working wives, some want house wives, some women want one or the other. A housewife is not a liability when the staying at home is planned well with a purpose. Not all working wives are independent. Different situations require different approaches.

But yes I’ll always encourage a NIGERIAN woman to get her own money since our laws are yet to advance to the stage where stay-at-home moms are protected in the case of a breakup.

Do we have community laws in Nigeria? Where everything I own and everything my husband owns will be split equitably in the case of a divorce (regardless of who caused the divorce) so that no one gets cheated? are we at the point where everyone understands this and we don’t have to talk about it all the time?

If we don’t have such laws yet and our mindsets are not there yet, then my advice still stands. No Nigerian girl should agree to be a housewife for any man. They don’t like them like that.

Those laws will never be enacted in Nigeria. We just gats deal with reality grin
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
NoToPile:

I hope the ladies are learning ooo

They said staying at home and taking care of kids doesn't translate to helping the man build.

American wonder.
It doesn't and will never be. So any lady accepting the job if a stay at home idle wife should know that she's doing herself no good. No man will even notice your contribution to the family. If she's capable of taking care of herself, she can move out if that will make her happy.
Ladies be wise, don't stay idle in the name of marriage. Get something doing let money be entering your account. Don't give all your money to your husband because minus devorce, t u still need personal money.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
And it’s funny because?
Plead:

Those laws will never be enacted in Nigeria. We just gats deal with reality grin

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
midnighter:

You need to read Slaywifes diary to know that you are actually the biggest idiot in this thread.
I don't read meaningless books,I walk and talk reality.
My mom didn't ask for severance when she had her own mishap,since she had the capacity to take VERY GOOD CARE of all 7 of us,plus extended family join.
Weak women that can only survive on severance.
I spit on the senseless gang men...
If you don't know that the names of people you are attached to can open doors for a person with brains,whether the person gives them bread or not,then I'm afraid you are even dumber than the OP and her supporters.
Spits!
Feminists online,dependent retards in reality .
Smh.... undecided
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by safarigirl(f): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Plead:

The dependants are the children,the wife can be excluded.

The wife cannot he excluded. She is a beneficiary by virtue of being his lawful wife and the mother of thee children. Even extended family like brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces could be included, how much more the wife.

He cannot lawfully exclude her.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
It doesn't and will never be. So any lady accepting the job if a stay at home idle wife should know that she's doing herself no good. No man will even notice your contribution to the family. If she's capable of taking care of herself, she can move out if that will make her happy.
Ladies be wise, don't stay idle in the name of marriage. Get something doing let money be entering your account. Don't give all your money to your husband because minus devorce, t u still need personal money.
Thank you. kiss
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Stay at home wives are not idle but the rest of your points stands true

MISSCONGENIALITY:

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
safarigirl:

The wife cannot he excluded. She is a beneficiary by virtue of being his lawful wife and the mother of thee children. Even extended family like brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces could be included, how much more the wife.

Watch and see.
Them dey fight odogwu with empty hand? undecided
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:

They aren't idle but unproductive.
Do you know all they do that keeps them faux-busy can be solved by a 30-40k a month by means of hiring proper help? undecided In Nigeria that is.
Jesus christ!!
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by midnighter(f): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
Logobenz:
I don't read meaningless books,I walk and talk reality.
My mom didn't ask for severance when she had her own mishap,since she had the capacity to take VERY GOOD CARE of all 7 of us,plus extended family join.
Weak women that can only survive on severance.
I spit on the senseless gang men...
If you don't know that the names of people you are attached to can open doors for a person with brains, whether the person gives them bread or not, then I'm afraid you are even dumber than the OP and her supporters.
Spits!
Feminists online,dependent retards in reality .
Smh.... undecided

You are literally an idiot, what does all that have to do with the fact that a man with a wife and children should be taking care of them?

What do you mean "whether the person gives them bread or not"? How is that negotiable?

If you want to advise that OP uses their fathers name as a springboard then its one thing but I dont see where all the insult is coming from since the fathers behaviour is in no way justified.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
And it’s funny because?

Leave me alone oh grin
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
safarigirl:

Keep deceiving yourself grin

Let the case play out cool
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:

I've seen women who have been married a long time and they stay at home doing nothing. Some done have kids yet. I was telling one to go an acquire a skill if she doesn't want to do a paid job but she told me she can't work. She's at home blowing like a balloon and tomorrow now she will claim she deserve part of of the man's assets makana o bu wife. Who wife help

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I've seen women who have been married a long time and they stay at home doing nothing. Some done have kids yet. I was telling one to go an acquire a skill if she doesn't want to do a paid job but she told me she can't work. She's at home blowing like a balloon and tomorrow now she will claim she deserve part of of the man's assets makana o bu wife. Who wife help

grin
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Logobenz:
They aren't idle but unproductive.
Do you know all they do that keeps them faux-busy can be solved by a 30-40k a month by means of hiring proper help? undecided In Nigeria that is.
Jesus christ!!

Some people don’t want their kids to be raised by nannies. Even your fellow men kick against it. They refer to the women who go chase careers and hire house help to take care of the children as bitter feminists. The bitter feminists who don’t put their families first. They blame them if the man cheats on them with the house help. If she was available, he won’t have done it. You already know this.

But yes I agree with you partially on this. I would advice any Nigerian woman whose husband isn’t being hands-on with childcare and house work to get help so that she can pursue her own career as well. To avoid this type of wickedness befalling her in her old age.

8 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Those types of women are not the majority.
MISSCONGENIALITY:

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
As expected
Plead:

Leave me alone oh grin

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
farady:
OP no need talking to any lawyer. If the intent is to see what she can slice out of your dad estates, then I think it would be an excersice in futility and waste of money.

Instead, let her call you guys (her children), build a strong bond amongst you guys and pray for you guys to be successful in your individual endeavours.

Above all, this is the time to handover her battles to God in serious prayers and also committing the safety and overall wellbeing of her children to God.

There's no point seeking for divorce after 27 years. In no distant time and by God's grace you guys should have found your feet. That alone is more than enough consolation for whatever she feels she's being deprived in her marriage.
and if there's no physical abuse involved, and the man doesn't tell her to leave his house, she can try and ignore him and his new wife. Do her thing like she doesn't even know the man. She's endured for 17years and by now she is supposed to have developed a strong heart and live her life like a widow. She has kids she can talk with and they will soon give her all the things has husband has refused her. If she lives in the same house with her husband, they can live like flare mates and let everyone mind their business. That's only I'd the man doesn't beat her or shout at her
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:

Some people don’t want their kids to be raised by nannies. Even your fellow men kick against it. They refer to the women who go chase careers and hire house help to take care of the children as bitter feminists. The bitter feminists who don’t put their families first. They blame them if the man cheats on them with the house help. If she was available, he won’t have done it. You already know this.

But yes I agree with you partially on this. I would advice any Nigerian woman whose husband isn’t being hands-on with childcare and house work to get help so that she can pursue her own career as well. To avoid this type of wickedness befalling her in her old age.
Only idle men cheat on their wives with the house help.
Besides,what stops the woman from hiring a 50 year old woman as the help?abi the husband go Bleep 50year old woman too?
Only a foolish man will castigate a hustling woman with family growth ideals and label her a bitter feminist.
Stop imagining faux worse case scenarios as they hardly apply.
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
Those types of women are not the majority.
But no woman should accept staying at home and taking care of kids as a full-time job. It's not even anon but a responsibility. People don't leave their responsibilities just because theve got a job. Men forget that taking care of kids is also their responsibilities. Single ladies seeing marriage as a job should take note. If our parents made that mistake we shouldn't make the same mistake.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
safarigirl:

https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20170606/281702614683123

Cc safarigirl , cococandy , midnighter and logobenz

grin
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by adesbreath: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
Yes she helped him build it. If he had to stay home to raise their kids, he wouldn’t be able to achieve what he did. That’s a fact.

Her contributions are valid and equal to his. Unless he considers the money to be worth more than his children and family. She birthed and raised them for the family. That’s a significant contribution to the family.

We look down on that because it’s women who do it.
because we are raised to not respect women and their efforts.

Reason why I can never encourage a woman to listen to her husband and stay at home in the name of being submissive. Unless that’s her choice made out of her free will.

After you spend your youth working to raise and keep the home, it’s discarded as nothing and you have to be dependent and subservient. begging for what’s rightfully yours. Even enduring disrespect so that you won’t lose out.

God bless you my Sister.. the rate some men and women disrespect women staying at home to raise their children is amazing...they forget that two people cannot stay at home raising children neither can two people go to work raising "ĢOOD" And well Balanced CHILDREN.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by safarigirl(f): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Logobenz:
Watch and see.
Them dey fight odogwu with empty hand? undecided
there are lawyers that work pro bono, she just needs to reach out to the right people.

So many of you are messed up in this country, sold your souls for few coins.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
Crack in d wall dad works far away from home comes back once in 2 weeks, met d second wife as a food vendor and she added something to his meal now dad is under a spell
manontree:

Easy dear. There are little information herein. Also a woman that allows another woman steal her man after 27yrs isnt blameless. If there are no cracks in d wall the lizard woudlnt have entered the house

Nigeria isnt ripe for the kind of divorce she is seeking

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Twin Lady Gives Birth To Triplets (Photos) / A Child Survives An Accident After A Car Climbed His Head. (video) / Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.