Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1128645 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by afisajao: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2023
I still get hope be that.
I applied 14 April 2022
NNuch:

I got my AD today
Booked 14 march 2022
AD. 04 Aug 2023
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Benifu: 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pls after the interview what exactly does the German foreign ministry do verify before accepting or rejecting to grant visa?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cadetnwa: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Applied same day as well
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by VeeDee22(f): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
Benifu:
Pls after the interview what exactly does the German foreign ministry do verify before accepting or rejecting to grant visa?

Is it for long term visa or short term visa?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Benifu:

1. If whatever you said and filled in the application form are correct.
2. If the purpose of visa application is justifiable and valid (assuming study visa, if your admission letter is valid or you have been enrolled, or your study will not be remote).
3. If your proof of sustenance (in Blocked Account or Declaration of Commitment/SL) is valid
4. If the City's foreign office (not the University) thinks you can study, be employable and/or return to your country upon graduation. This is very subjective, unfortunately, it's a reason for any decisions.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by JaySterling: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hey guys, I got a quick question

I have a Schengen visa issued by Spain

I visited Spain last week

Though I’m currently back

Now I want to visit Germany in a few days

Can I fly to Germany directly or I would have to enter through Spain first ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tsesi: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2023
atwale444:

they will only take forms by post.

I think it depends on the course ur going for.
I submitted mine online
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
babatulla:
Good morning house. I am relatively new here and I have a few questions. I have two wards, both I would like to study in Germany. One is Covenant at the moment, he just finished his 1st year, while the other just finished WAEC. They both want to study Engineering in Germany. I see acronyms like AL, AD etc and I am lost. I have gone through the daad for schools offering thee courses they want to study Andi am a little bit lost.
Can someone explain to me like a 5year old, how long it takes to get a VPD from uniassist, If Duolingo is acceptable as proof of English proficiency in Germany and lastly what are their chances of getting admission for Winter 2023. Thank you

Search for.. Hamm-lippstadt hochschule (Bsc electronic engineering)

They have a very simple admission process. At least as the time I applied... They accept letter of English proficiency from your former school
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by HighPriest0(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2023
Immacharles:
Please which course can someone with a BSc in Chemical Engineering go for? Few of the courses I have applied to have been rejected due to my BSc.

Check.. Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena (material chemistry)

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2023

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
Swaggu002015:
hello everyone . am new here i would like to know the proccess to go through in getting an undergraduate admission in germany .
i would be glad if i can get lists of schools with high acceptance rate and their tuition fee with their living expenses

You are young, if you could find this thread on the Internet, you can find these answers independently and have your own 'truth of information' which we can collectively build upon.

I am only stimulating your curiosity towards research because that's how your undergraduate studies would begin in Germany.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2023
babatulla:
Good morning house. I am relatively new here and I have a few questions. I have two wards, both I would like to study in Germany. One is Covenant at the moment, he just finished his 1st year, while the other just finished WAEC. They both want to study Engineering in Germany. I see acronyms like AL, AD etc and I am lost. I have gone through the daad for schools offering thee courses they want to study Andi am a little bit lost.
Can someone explain to me like a 5year old, how long it takes to get a VPD from uniassist, If Duolingo is acceptable as proof of English proficiency in Germany and lastly what are their chances of getting admission for Winter 2023. Thank you

VPD is an entrance qualification assessment of a candidate based on secondary education, vocational training, tertiary education (HND, BSc).
To be able to study for a BSc, a candidate needs his/her SSCE evaluated (for grading in the German scale) and at least have a 100L transcript, a HND or a BSc.
These are minimum requirements (according to the updated anabin database of recognised qualifications for Nigeria).

In your case, only the one who just finished 100L can be admitted into a German University because evaluation of that transcript (hopefully good enough) can qualify him/her for a university study in Germany.
The other one has to gain admission and finished 100 L or have an HND before being considered for a university admission in Germany.

Just SSCE and OND will only qualify the person for a 1 year Studentenkolleg which requires at least a B1 German language proficiency. A few private institutions offer Studentenkolleg courses taught in English but cost about 9,000 Eur.

1. VPD evaluation takes 4-6 weeks after uploading the required documents and payment to uniassist.
2. If their causes will be taught in English, which is usually few for BSc engineering courses, some schools accept Duolingo, while others do not bother since their secondary education was in English (a simple letter from Covenant University and the secondary school can work for both of them RESPECTIVELY), other schools insist on IELTS or TOEFL.
3. The one just finishing 100L may be admitted if s/he uploaded his/her 100L full transcript to uniassist for VPD evaluation. The one with WAEC have virtually no chance because s/he doesn't meet the University entrance requirements (100L, HND, BSc).
4. I don't know if Covenant University uses a phone, but I'm sure they have a computer room. The one finishing 100L can spend more time understanding daad.de/en and maybe better than you do and if there exist further needs, you can share.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oguinedavid(m): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
daewoo2010:
Student Visa interview fee is 61000 now based on new exchange rate.
Are you sure? It was still less than 40k last month? Can you confirm this?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oguinedavid(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Chinemelum1:
For those who have gone for interview,Any need to include COVER LETTER,or is it only MOTIVATIONAL LETTER that they want during submission

Only Motivation letter

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2023
NNuch:

I got my AD today
Booked 14 march 2022
AD. 04 Aug 2023
Congratulations

Please can I apply while awaiting admission? Or my admission letter must be ready before even applying for appointment date?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2023
Yes
Had my Interview last week
oguinedavid:

Are you sure? It was still less than 40k last month? Can you confirm this?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by babatulla: 11:07am On Jul 10, 2023
MrAAA2:

VPD is an entrance qualification assessment of a candidate based on secondary education, vocational training, tertiary education (HND, BSc).
To be able to study for a BSc, a candidate needs his/her SSCE evaluated (for grading in the German scale) and at least have a 100L transcript, a HND or a BSc.
These are minimum requirements (according to the updated anabin database of recognised qualifications for Nigeria).

In your case, only the one who just finished 100L can be admitted into a German University because evaluation of that transcript (hopefully good enough) can qualify him/her for a university study in Germany.
The other one has to gain admission and finished 100 L or have an HND before being considered for a university admission in Germany.

Just SSCE and OND will only qualify the person for a 1 year Studentenkolleg which requires at least a B1 German language proficiency. A few private institutions offer Studentenkolleg courses taught in English but cost about 9,000 Eur.

1. VPD evaluation takes 4-6 weeks after uploading the required documents and payment to uniassist.
2. If their causes will be taught in English, which is usually few for BSc engineering courses, some schools accept Duolingo, while others do not bother since their secondary education was in English (a simple letter from Covenant University and the secondary school can work for both of them RESPECTIVELY), other schools insist on IELTS or TOEFL.
3. The one just finishing 100L may be admitted if s/he uploaded his/her 100L full transcript to uniassist for VPD evaluation. The one with WAEC have virtually no chance because s/he doesn't meet the University entrance requirements (100L, HND, BSc).
4. I don't know if Covenant University uses a phone, but I'm sure they have a computer room. The one finishing 100L can spend more time understanding daad.de/en and maybe better than you do and if there exist further needs, you can share.

Thank you So much for the response, I do appreciate. The one in 100L is actually in Bowen, and I will upload his transcript on uni-assist this morning. The deadline for winter 2023 application is on Friday. with this 4-6 weeks for VPD, will he still be considered for admission once we apply through Uni-assist for his VPD or we set our mind on January admission ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
babatulla:

Thank you So much for the response, I do appreciate. The one in 100L is actually in Bowen, and I will upload his transcript on uni-assist this morning. The deadline for winter 2023 application is on Friday. with this 4-6 weeks for VPD, will he still be considered for admission once we apply through Uni-assist for his VPD or we set our mind on January admission ?

Not advisable since deadline is in 5 days.
However, some schools will expire in July 31st e.g, FH Trier.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
babatulla:

Remember s/he will have to wait for about 1.4 years for visa interview IF not on scholarship.

Hope you also have access to funds, 11,208 Eur per candidate for a blocked account or a declaration of Commitment certificate to cover living expenses.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cadetnwa: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
[quote author=daewoo2010 post=124329899]Yes
How the interview like,what possible questions were u asked
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cadetnwa: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
daewoo2010:
Yes
how was the interview like and what questions were u asked please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cadetnwa: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Congratulations

Please can I apply while awaiting admission? Or my admission letter must be ready before even applying for appointment date?
apply now as soon as possible. Very important
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good day guys, please is there anyone here studying at TU clausthal or has an admission there.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cadetnwa: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
John854:
Good day guys, please is there anyone here studying at TU clausthal or has an admission there.
I got a conditional admission at TU Clausthal
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by WRola: 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
I will chill and await their response then.
Thank you.

How long does it usually takes to get a response from them?

richy16:
I had same issue, relax they will surely send your passport with your visa..

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vampire2020: 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
Cadetnwa:
studien kolleg?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vampire2020: 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
John854:
didyou apply there?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cadetnwa: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
vampire2020:
studien kolleg?
intensive German course,studienkolleg and then the bachelor program
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Immacharles: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
I saw from their website that you need to send your documents through post. It's that true or did I get it all wrong?

Cadetnwa:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Immacharles:
I saw from their website that you need to send your documents through post. It's that true or did I get it all wrong?

yes you have to send certified copies of your documents through post.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
vampire2020:
didyou apply there?
yes i did how about you ? Are you there already? I'm a bit confused if the embassy accepts that type of admission.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
Cadetnwa:
please have you gone for your interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (712) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.