Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? (31972 Views)

How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? / How To Recover Money Paid By Mistake / How To Recover Money Lost In Vitual Sport Betting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Exodora: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ajeboter:
Bros talk true make we know how we go take help you, 60 years old man get mobile app OK ooo, continue
. You think everybody is dumb like you abi.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by GermanMelania: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
GlobalMan2018:
Still waiting for how location tracking comes in
wait then. You don do something come de fear tracking but can't even go online and figure it out yourself
When police knock at your door you will stop waiting
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by queenval: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
The first thing to do is to obtain a court order. The order will direct the bank to reverse the money back to you. You can do that by seeing a good lawyer in your area. Please, I was able to help someone recover money that was transferred to another account. It works.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
faithfull18:

How do you intend doing that?
Meet On Whatsapp
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
luluosas:
Alright. I do hope it will pay off
Can you message me On Whatsapp
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tylerbreeze(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Me too ..I was scammed 90k .. 2 days ago..by some useless,and hopeless fraudsters, those guys, are evil ..I don't know wether they used jazz on me...after scamming me through whatsapp the stopped replying my message , although I yab and cursed their life before i got blocked. cry embarassed
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by masks(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
laughed off my ribs when i read this....I hate to say this o! but the Man should just forget about his money and count his loss...i bet the guys real name isn't even Nelson.
The guys real picture the elderly man never saw....
Greed is poison to the human soul...
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by sharone21(f): 4:46am On Jan 11, 2020
HOW YOU MAY RECOVER YOUR MONEY FROM ONLINE FRAUDSTERS

1. You can get your money back from online fraudsters (If you can follow through).

CBN has now mandated all banks to open a fraud desk to handle cases.

The bank will investigate, prosecute and reverse such dubious transactions even though the scammer has withdrawn the money.

2. Say you use UBA and you paid money into your instagram/Facebook seller’s(scammer) Zenith account, you can simply send a mail to frauddesk@zenithbank.com.

Make sure you copy the CBN at cpd@cbn.gov.ng (This puts the banks on their toes).

3. The banks should block such a suspicious account IMMEDIATELY a complaint is received via the fraud desk.

They can receive customer’s STOP-TRANSACTION complaints to block their own account.

You are also advised to visit CBN’s website for more details on how the proceedure works.

*Copied

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by iamme1234(m): 7:41am On Jan 11, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
so you mean a retired civil servant can't operate WhatsApp?

My mother is 70 and she operates Watsapp very well
She even compose email in gmail self
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by topsam1(m): 8:43am On Jan 11, 2020
Since you have the scammer acc no, go to a nearby police station narrate your story, and ask them to help you get a bankers order from magistrate court, the acc will be restricted to credit transactions only and when trying to do debit transaction he will be arrested.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by husbandsnatcha(f): 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
EasternPrince:

BlueAir how far.

Bia Husbandsnatcha see your old Afronja friend's new face.
grin ..... Lolz

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by GlobalMan2018: 4:21am On Jan 15, 2020
Idiocy self presentation
GermanMelania:
wait then. You don do something come de fear tracking but can't even go online and figure it out yourself
When police knock at your door you will stop waiting
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Xneg: 8:14am On Apr 08, 2020
topsam1:
Since you have the scammer acc no, go to a nearby police station narrate your story, and ask them to help you get a bankers order from magistrate court, the acc will be restricted to credit transactions only and when trying to do debit transaction he will be arrested.

This is the way to go.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 8:23pm On May 21, 2020
faithfull18:

Hey guy someone just scammed me can I use this step and how sure are you it works
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 8:38pm On May 21, 2020
omigiekiel:

Hey guy someone just scammed me can I use this step and how sure are you it works
Call your bank customer care and narrate your story, let them block the account for now.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 10:21am On May 22, 2020
queenval:
The first thing to do is to obtain a court order. The order will direct the bank to reverse the money back to you. You can do that by seeing a good lawyer in your area. Please, I was able to help someone recover money that was transferred to another account. It works.

@queenval please can I still use this method I got scammed days ago? And what of if the guy has withdrew the Money?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 10:23am On May 22, 2020
faithfull18:

Call your bank customer care and narrate your story, let them block the account for now.

It was from my bank to another bank my bank said they need to contact the other bank for a refund on the guy's consent and you know the guy won't, they said that's their first step before they tell me what next to do, I'm just confused
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 12:01pm On May 22, 2020
omigiekiel:

It was from my bank to another bank my bank said they need to contact the other bank for a refund on the guy's consent and you know the guy won't, they said that's their first step before they tell me what next to do, I'm just confused
Depending on the amount, reporting to the police would cost you money as they would demand for money before they can do anything.

Go on twitter, tag relevant crime fighting agencies, send a mail, tweet with evidences. If you are lucky, you would get a reply.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 2:10pm On May 22, 2020
shogsman:

I recovered my 300k within a month and I didn't even know his real name all I had was his face.
In my case I was sympathetic towards a supposed failed transfer and I let the delivery man deliver the goods anyways with the person promising to pay the following day,then he blocked me and absconded with my money,thank God for my tech expertise I began to trace him first from his IP bla bla bla,but after a month I found him in Salem university kogi state patiently waiting for a lecture fortunately for me he was a rich kid just kleptomaniac, I collected my money with an enormous interest.

Bro please if you can still see this how did you track tj guy let me know I'm in a big scam mess right now
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 2:15pm On May 22, 2020
faithfull18:

Depending on the amount, reporting to the police would cost you money as they would demand for money before they can do anything.

Go on twitter, tag relevant crime fighting agencies, send a mail, tweet with evidences. If you are lucky, you would get a reply.

I went to the police today already and the man was telling me I need 15K for court order not willingly to help, I was scammed 177K and the problem is the scammers have two accounts fidelity and union with the same name, so right now can you please suggest some agencies for me I tagged Efcc already I haven't gotten a reply from them
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 2:39pm On May 22, 2020
omigiekiel:

I went to the police today already and the man was telling me I need 15K for court order not willingly to help, I was scammed 177K and the problem is the scammers have two accounts fidelity and union with the same name, so right now can you please suggest some agencies for me I tagged Efcc already I haven't gotten a reply from them
That's what the police would say, they didn't even charge you much. That's still your best bet but it's like a gamble because they may collect that money and not do anything.

Tag CBN, special fraud unit of the police, your bank, the bank of the scammer etc. You can go through this thread.

Everything in Nigeria requires persistence.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Benards(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2020
Tylerbreeze:
Me too ..I was scammed 90k .. 2 days ago..by some useless,and hopeless fraudsters, those guys, are evil ..I don't know wether they used jazz on me...after scamming me through whatsapp the stopped replying my message , although I yab and cursed their life before i got blocked. cry embarassed

Sorry bro, no worry one day you go follow scam another person pikin
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 7:04pm On May 22, 2020
faithfull18:

That's what the police would say, they didn't even charge you much. That's still your best bet but it's like a gamble because they may collect that money and not do anything.

Tag CBN, special fraud unit of the police, your bank, the bank of the scammer etc. You can go through this thread.

Everything in Nigeria requires persistence.

Okay thanks, do I need a lawyer to carry a court order ? That's stating to restrict the guys bank account?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 7:38pm On May 22, 2020
omigiekiel:

Okay thanks, do I need a lawyer to carry a court order ? That's stating to restrict the guys bank account?
Yes, you need a lawyer or the police.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by omigiekiel: 8:31pm On May 22, 2020
faithfull18:

Yes, you need a lawyer or the police.

Okay thanks, please can I get your number maybe on WhatsApp so we can talk and tell me more on what to do like a guide
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by shogsman(m): 9:55am On May 23, 2020
omigiekiel:

Bro please if you can still see this how did you track tj guy let me know I'm in a big scam mess right now
What happened
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by OlujobaSamuel: 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
omigiekiel:

Okay thanks, please can I get your number maybe on WhatsApp so we can talk and tell me more on what to do like a guide
Were you able to sort it?
Pls I need a court order too. The sum involved is 50k. Based in Lagos
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Mikenikel: 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Were you able to sort it?
Pls I need a court order too. The sum involved is 50k. Based in Lagos
Were you able to solve it?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Mikenikel: 5:32am On Jun 03, 2023
faithfull18:

Pls how do I go about getting a court order?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Mikenikel: 5:40am On Jun 03, 2023
DavidEsq:

Pls it's not that expensive to get a court order.
Pls how much is it to get a court order and how can I get it?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by OlujobaSamuel: 5:50am On Jun 03, 2023
Mikenikel:

Were you able to solve it?
No. I lost the fund.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Mikenikel: 6:58am On Jun 03, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

No. I lost the fund.
You didn't go through with the process of getting a court order or you just decided to forget the process?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CNN's 10 Most Prosperous African Countries, Nigeria Missing / Wahala dey / Can I Buy Shares With 5,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.