Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? (31983 Views)

How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? / How To Recover Money Lost In Vitual Sport Betting. / Beware Of Tunji Afuwape, A Fraudster On Nairaland Who Owns 21st Strategies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Olas16198901: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=FromZeroToHero post=85630293]It was on 6th January that one Mr. Nelson shared about a business investment in a C.C.C (celestial church of Christ) WhatsApp group that gives 100% return interest for a period of 24 hours that's if you invest 100k you will get 200k within 24hours. My neighbour, a man in his late 60's fell for it and sent 100k to him. After the transaction, he called Nelson to confirm if he has received the money but he said no, Nelson now told him to forward his debit alert to him to confirm that he has sent it without knowing that he just wanted to see his account balance which was 47k. Nelson now told him to send the remaining 46k that he'll help him to complete it 50k so that the total investment will be 150k which will yield 300k within 24hrs, he obliged and sent the 46k. On seeing the alert, Nelson now told him if he can see anyone that can borrow him 100k so that it will be 250k to get 500k. That was when it dawned on him that its fraud. He said he doesn't know anyone that can borrow him such amount that if he can't work with the 146k that he should send him back his money. Its almost 3days now and he hasn't sent the money. Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks.

I had learnt my lesson during MMM era and I believe that won't never happened to me again. The kind of business that they invited you without no good source or foundation is a crime and you too now expecting double double within 24hrs Bros wake up
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by henzy4life: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=Olas16198901 post=85671867][/quote] the victim should Go to Police station with the account details the fraudster gave to him and tender a statement after which the police will go to the fraudster's bank and give the bank instruction to freeze the account B4 they will start tracking him
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:

Do you want to recover your money, get in touch with me
How do you intend doing that?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by livebyday(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nostradamus:
i find it hard to believe that some nigerians still fall for this format of dropping a particular amount and earning double of that amount...

There's one a lot of people in akure are fell for late last year.they called it TBC they said they'd buy amount which will continue growing. We've got a lot of greedy and gullible people in this part of the world sha.

Livebyday,please come and give this man some advice.

It's rather sad that such happens in 2020 all over again.

It's simple he should report the transaction to the bank and the account will be frozen.

The account owner will call and they will invite him to come update his bvn where the victim will be waiting with detectives to nab him

This amount is too small and tracking is expensive to bother tracking this culprit

Cheers
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by henzy4life: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
luluosas:
I don't know if it possible because UBA has refused to help me since I fell a victim in binomo investment last November. It was 10,300 involved here
I think this is a different issue (a wrong account was credited which requires the beneficiary's approval B4 any reversal of such amount would be done on the account which is always 99% impossible to get such approval EXCEPT the God-fearing ones) but if it's the person that gave u the account details and after making payments u discovered it was a fraud,u can follow the same process of going to Police station to report
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Ultimate300(m): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
It was on 6th January that one Mr. Nelson shared about a business investment in a C.C.C (celestial church of Christ) WhatsApp group that gives 100% return interest for a period of 24 hours that's if you invest 100k you will get 200k within 24hours. My neighbour, a man in his late 60's fell for it and sent 100k to him. After the transaction, he called Nelson to confirm if he has received the money but he said no, Nelson now told him to forward his debit alert to him to confirm that he has sent it without knowing that he just wanted to see his account balance which was 47k. Nelson now told him to send the remaining 46k that he'll help him to complete it 50k so that the total investment will be 150k which will yield 300k within 24hrs, he obliged and sent the 46k. On seeing the alert, Nelson now told him if he can see anyone that can borrow him 100k so that it will be 250k to get 500k. That was when it dawned on him that its fraud. He said he doesn't know anyone that can borrow him such amount that if he can't work with the 146k that he should send him back his money. Its almost 3days now and he hasn't sent the money. Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks
greed can lead you to hell.... How on earth i will just send almost 150k all in the name of getting double.... 24 hours later? Which kind legit busines will get you that profit?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by samuelobazu(m): 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
I believe this is the latest scam, haha naso the want use am for me for fb emi ika, I call begin shout "hello hello hello" the mumu call say him be pastor,enu werey GBE. infact make I flash am lol
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tenshades(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
samuelobazu:
I believe this is the latest scam, haha naso the want use am for me for fb emi ika, I call begin shout "hello hello hello" the mumu call say him be pastor,enu werey GBE. infact make I flash am lol

O ja paa!!

grin
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tenshades(m): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
faithfull18:

How do you intend doing that?

Be careful with these guys claiming CIA here ...scammers take different forms. Dont fall victim.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tocheagle(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
I was a victim of this scam last year. I lost ₦105,000 last year. I still have the man's number and bank account details. I sent a message to efcc via their twitter handle. Till now as I type this, I am yet to receive any response from them. EFCC is ineffective and inefficient. I need all of us who have been scammed to come together to see how we can track down these rascals
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by VicM6: 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ajeboter:
Bros talk true make we know how we go take help you, 60 years old man get mobile app OK ooo, continue
No mind am.... him go talk where he don ever see whr dem recover money from fraudsters b4 if not EFCC stuff nd whistle blower
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by VicM6: 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tocheagle:
I was a victim of this scam last year. I lost ₦105,000 last year. I still have the man's number and bank account details. I sent a message to efcc via their twitter handle. Till now as I type this, I am yet to receive any response from them. EFCC is ineffective and inefficient. I need all of us who have been scammed to come together to see how we can track down these rascals
Baba you can blame the EFCC for this..... does the efcc looks like ur playmate that u can jst send them a msg nd require thm to act..... Greediness na im finish u bro.... thnk God u re smart now.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by luluosas(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Your kind is not needed in Nairaland. You are very unreasonable
merits:
brother stop lieing it's you not your neighbor,and you are a greedy and lazy dude,you want to make money by gambling you deserves to be dube.nonsense.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by luluosas(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
I am beginning to think so
millionboi2:
uba itself has corrupt staffs who use customers detail in dia system to extort money from dem

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by luluosas(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Alright. I do hope it will pay off
UDOKABESTLUV:

Do you want to recover your money, get in touch with me
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tocheagle(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
VicM6:
Baba you can blame the EFCC for this..... does the efcc looks like ur playmate that u can jst send them a msg nd require thm to act..... Greediness na im finish u bro.... thnk God u re smart now.
I pay my taxes, i am entitled to justice ⚖. That's how its supposed to be.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by chuks190: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
How to Get your MONEY BACK IF YOU WERE SCAMMED.

It’s very easy to get your money back if you were scammed especially if you were scammed in Naira.

This is easy because every VERIFIED NAIRA ACCOUNT has BVN.

Step 1. Report this incident to any Police Station of your choice

Step 2. Get a Court Order. Without Court order, The Bank will not release the data of whoever scammed you. But with Court Order, they MUST comply.

Step 3. With information released which includes: Photo of the Account Owner, Address of the Account Owner, Phone number and Guarantor. The Local Police can trace the scammer to his address. The Police might need little mobilization to act asap! Like N15K

DO NOT BE LAZY! DON'T GIVE UP YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. YOU CAN GET IT BACK!
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Revolva(m): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tenshades:

send a mail to:

info @ specialfraudunit. org. ng

(write everything above together, i spaced it so that mods will not delete it)

modified: please attach more than enough evidences you have along with the mail.

Thanks a lot i understand i will do so as fast imagine Uba bank which d fraudster used ...message me to meet my bank nothing more...as i messeged them about it this morning on their Twitter @ubacares
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by GlobalMan2018: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Still waiting for how location tracking comes in
GermanMelania:

Google is your friend my dear. It is not rocket science.

Just right-click on the photo and choose Open With – In the toolbar menu, click on Tools and then Show Inspector. In the Inspector window, click on the Exif tab and you should see all the Exif data for that picture. You'll see more or less depending on how much Exif data is stored in the image.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tenshades(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
Revolva:

Thanks a lot i understand i will do so as fast imagine Uba bank which d fraudster used ...message me to meet my bank nothing more...as i messeged them about it this morning on their Twitter @ubacares

Try and visit nearby UBA to table the issue and also your bank from which the transaction was made too. (with evidences)

My guy did that earlier today and the two banks said they will work on the account and my friend should check back after one week.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by EduBless(f): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nostradamus:
and why should the o.p believe the number you dropped is not another scammer's number?

I never said I'm going to collect money from him, i only want to tell him how to go about it. Can that be a scam?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Revolva(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tenshades:

Try and visit nearby UBA to table the issue and also your bank from which the transaction was made too. (with evidences)

My guy did that earlier today and the two banks said they will work on the account and my friend should check back after one week.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by EasternPrince: 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
GlobalMan2018:
Still waiting for how location tracking comes in

You go wait tire you this gay troublemaker with double face. Go get your real moniker BlueAir and stop breaking NL rules.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by DaBullIT(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Old format
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Legendguru: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Collect their atm or call them and beg them
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
MY DEAR IT IS GONE OH,FORGET IT.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
kayprinz:
sir you can help him go to his bank and report the incident to them with details they will block the account and invite him
AND YOU THINK THE FRAUDSTER HAVE NOT WITHDRAWN ALL THE MONEY IN HIS ACCOUNT?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Viktorkrum321(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
2extremes:
100% interest within 24 hours....
Even if its 100% interest within in a month , run. It's a scam.

Meanwhile, I have this feeling that the scammer is on nairaland reading this

I am usually bombarded by these scammers fb, Twitter, etc
but kolewerk is my mantra
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by RotrEmmanuel: 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
HowDareU:
OP, as a Security Consultant, recovering monies from fraudsters is not an easy task at all. The deed has been done already; but this is what you should do. 1. EFCC doesn't go after fraudulent schemes worth million, they also go after petty crooks too as in your case. Gather all evidence against the said Mr. Nelson and take it to the EFCC. 2. If you know his place of residence, use an Armed Force personnel to hunt him down; it works like magic. The police is what I don't know. 3. If you have a Pastor, Imam or government official or anybody with influence, let them use their influence to get your money back. 4. The last resort for the poor is the court. Get a good lawyer and sue him!. . . Please follow my blog. Still, check my blog on how to spot fraudsters and scammers. I also wrote on the MMM scheme back then. Search the key word 'fraudsters' on my blog at www.securitymattersafrica.com
you lack knowledge about security, stop claiming to be a consultant. Your post didn't suggest a mature minded procedure towards problem solving.. Las las na to make d guy click on your local blog
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by buzmanjohn(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Chekitaut:
Greed makes u a victim.
Na so
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by RotrEmmanuel: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
HowDareU:
OP, as a Security Consultant, recovering monies from fraudsters is not an easy task at all. The deed has been done already; but this is what you should do. 1. EFCC doesn't go after fraudulent schemes worth million, they also go after petty crooks too as in your case. Gather all evidence against the said Mr. Nelson and take it to the EFCC. 2. If you know his place of residence, use an Armed Force personnel to hunt him down; it works like magic. The police is what I don't know. 3. If you have a Pastor, Imam or government official or anybody with influence, let them use their influence to get your money back. 4. The last resort for the poor is the court. Get a good lawyer and sue him!. . . Please follow my blog. Still, check my blog on how to spot fraudsters and scammers. I also wrote on the MMM scheme back then. Search the key word 'fraudsters' on my blog at www.securitymattersafrica.com
someone posted this hear. Stop deceiving people with yeye blog. Read and learn. Jobless consultant

How to Get your MONEY BACK IF YOU WERE SCAMMED.
It’s very easy to get your money back if you were scammed especially if you were scammed in Naira.
This is easy because every VERIFIED NAIRA ACCOUNT has BVN.
Step 1. Report this incident to any Police Station of your choice
Step 2. Get a Court Order. Without Court order, The Bank will not release the data of whoever scammed you. But with Court Order, they MUST comply.
Step 3. With information released which includes: Photo of the Account Owner, Address of the Account Owner, Phone number and Guarantor. The Local Police can trace the scammer to his address. The Police might need little mobilization to act asap! Like N15K
DO NOT BE LAZY! DON'T GIVE UP YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. YOU CAN GET IT BACK!
(

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CNN's 10 Most Prosperous African Countries, Nigeria Missing / Wahala dey / Can I Buy Shares With 5,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.