Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine (68453 Views)

ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 / ABU To Migrate From Undergraduate To Postgraduate University – VC / ABU To Represent Nigeria At ENACTUS World Cup In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Kinikini: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
My understanding is, ABU will take the two best from each state regardless of the scores and ranking on the overall average performance by all candidates. This implies a candidates with lower score but who comes either first or second from one state gets admitted of a candidate who scores higher but comes third and from another state. This is not merit all and it is simply 100 percent federal character. This is not the way Federal universities in the South manage admission. Again, JAMB claimed ABU was wrong yet did not report them to NUC. Neither was ABU instructed to stop the practice.
This is the practice that destroyed merit in this country and ABU continues on the path at this age, I am short of words.

quHowote author=2mercy post=85644198]*Registrar meets Niger State, ABU representative

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-admission-row-jamb-orders-abu-to-offer-girl-medicine/
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Luckysbab: 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jeffersonagain:
The case of Goodness is the of sheer religious discrimination perpetuated by intellectual falsehood and clever manipulation to hide the truth. She scored the highest in UTME among the three of them under consideration. In order to ensure that she was edged out the ABU authorities inflated the post-UTME scores of the two Muslim candidates so that they can have a higher average score.

The post-UTME has become a manipulative tool in the hands of our tertiary institutions. The way forward is to scrap it so that true merit can be established.

You're a shameless bigot.

UI uses UTME, POST-UTME and even SSCE to compute average score. Are they also religiously biased?

You idiots just love to cause unnecessary tensions, throwing baseless allegations around.

It is your kind that should be arrested for disrupting peaceful coexistence in our society.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by ejehijustice(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jeffersonagain:
The case of Goodness is the of sheer religious discrimination perpetuated by intellectual falsehood and clever manipulation to hide the truth. She scored the highest in UTME among the three of them under consideration. In order to ensure that she was edged out the ABU authorities inflated the post-UTME scores of the two Muslim candidates so that they can have a higher average score.

The post-UTME has become a manipulative tool in the hands of our tertiary institutions. The way forward is to scrap it so that true merit can be established.
I agree with you sir... With the way the Jamb is sanitising the system and reducing malpractice to the barest minimum, there is no need for post utme.
Post utme has lost its relevance, it should be scrapped. Jamb is the statutory body backed by law to conduct entrance exams into higher institution.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by namiji2598: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Correcto:
The stupid one here is ABU. She deserves to study medicine
the course she applied for is anatomy, should ABU now force her to study medicine?
I think the stupid one here is you sir with due respect

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by ejehijustice(m): 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
anochuko01:
If this is true, then Great analysis from jamb and ABU...
She could have written to the school to seek clarity on why she wasn't granted admission rather than going online.

She simply have herself unworthy popularity.
How do one write to the school, please I need the template to write to them. I need to know why a relative was denied admission.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Godhead4(m): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Godhead4(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
I thought Abu uses catchment area and Niger state is among
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Kalaba(m): 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), ZARIA, still has the best admission policy in Nigeria.
The best University in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
maynation:
You people don't know how we do our thing in ABU, stop interfering.
Hi Mercy
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by mangojuice(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Elzak:
But some people who don't know how admission works in ABU were shouting religion up and down.

They will still come to comment without reading the post.

Modified

Some idiots have been on my mention. I won't reply them and the ones to come.
Bros I am an ABUSITE. ABU is a religious not academic institution. One thing for sure is that the poor girl will be frustrated out from the school if she accepts the offer from JAMB

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by isama3(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
maynation:
Proudly an abusite..... representing #P17EG!
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Godhead4(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Just read the full story not long ago

Abu does admission by quota to give admission to people from each state.
The fact is that she didn't get in my the quota system.She was even the 7th from her state.
So what do they want the 3rd to 6th position to do

She was the 3rd best in list of people that applied medicine
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by skyfather09(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
useless country... trump where the missiles tho?!
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by delpee(f): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
She should let sleeping dogs lie and to to another University.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
alfarouq:
nice. may Allah make it easy for them.

Was it not Allah that denied her the course before?

You're people are religious bigots
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Kalaba(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kinikini:
My understanding is, ABU will take the two best from each state regardless of the scores and ranking on the overall average performance by all candidates. This implies a candidates with lower score but who comes either first or second from one state gets admitted of a candidate who scores higher but comes third and from another state. This is not merit all and it is simply 100 percent federal character. This is not the way Federal universities in the South manage admission. Again, JAMB claimed ABU was wrong yet did not report them to NUC. Neither was ABU instructed to stop the practice.
This is the practice that destroyed merit in this country and ABU continues on the path at this age, I am short of words.

quHowote author=2mercy post=85644198]*Registrar meets Niger State, ABU representative

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-admission-row-jamb-orders-abu-to-offer-girl-medicine/
That's there policy and they have been adhering to it.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by PlaysNigeria: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Like they would order job for her too when she graduates, SMH
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by TruthinAction: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Worldwarnews:
What then happens to Ortoms offer?

It should stand whereever should choose to study. How much the state will spend on her is nothing compared to the monies they divert for personal uses.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by newbornmacho(m): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Abu useless Islamic terrorists.

God punish the bastards

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by chigoizie7(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Let that girl reject the admission offer, they will try to frustrate the little girl

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by maynation(f): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Mercy, u didn't comment on the post of obaofbenin that begged u for forgiveness

Do u still have a hard feeling against him??

I replied him.
I let him know I've forgiven him.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by TruthinAction: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Godhead4:

How sure are you that up to 2 candidates In all 36 states applied to study medicine in ABU

My thinking also. Most students from the south will obviously have their choices from the universities in the south. They should release the full list to justify their claims.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by maynation(f): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Hi Mercy

MY name is maynation, you can always do the right thing.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by treshbanj: 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
ABU Zaria that University is highly Islamic in everything. As a Christian in ABU na only God go help u graduate without any issues. Most of the Christian lecturers are not promoted and some are leaving to other university

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by treshbanj: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
TruthinAction:

My thinking also. Most students from the south will obviously have their choices from the universities in the south. They should release the full list to justify their claims.
Don't mind them, all lies! If u go to the Medicine Dept and Law na so so Hausa and Fulani full there. You go hassle hard to see any Christian in that dept even if you see at all nah southern Kaduna

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by shadeyinka(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
maynation:
..what's the fairness if the same ABU admission list will contain names of candidates with scores of 220 for the same medicine.

Merit list should indeed be merit list and should not have federal character embedded. It would have been fair if ABU takes even 30% of its admission as merit while other admission should have catchment area, educationally disadvantaged and federal character.

Let's support our best students and celebrate excellence rather than unmerited achievements!

3 Likes

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by subcbouy: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
JAMB, the wound has been healed. She is now studying medicine at Okada wonderland, Igbenedion university.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Correcto: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
She applied for medicine but was given Anatomy as compensation
namiji2598:
the course she applied for is anatomy, should ABU now force her to study medicine?
I think the stupid one here is you sir with due respect

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by TrillionBrains(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
Even if she's finally admitted... ABU management will be like, "MAKE SHE COME GRADUATE naaa"

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
treshbanj:
ABU Zaria that University is highly Islamic in everything. As a Christian in ABU na only God go help u graduate without any issues. Most of the Christian lecturers are not promoted and some are leaving to other university

so Christians don't graduate with first class or good grades in Abu?

3 Likes

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
treshbanj:
Don't mind them, all lies! If u go to the Medicine Dept and Law na so so Hausa and Fulani full there. You go hassle hard to see any Christian in that dept even if you see at all nah southern Kaduna

In unilag who are the most students in law and MBBS?

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Correcto:
She applied for medicine but was given Anatomy as compensation

Nop, didn't you read where someone called her to change her course which she did?

I think she was not given admission when d first list came out.

I know someone who got medicine and surgery on second list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.