Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine (68469 Views)

ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 / ABU To Migrate From Undergraduate To Postgraduate University – VC / ABU To Represent Nigeria At ENACTUS World Cup In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Jeffersonagain(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Gwilym:

Noticed your comment...no, am not the guy you responded to.

Post UTME was brought in in 2005//6 because of concerns by Universites about JAMB's integrity (cheating was a problem then). Many Universites were complaining about the bad quality of students sent to their campuses by JAMB.

Asking universites to scrap post-UTME (And it has been declared illegal in the past) would be met with resistance from the unis themselves.(Plus it does bring in cash afterall). I agree it should be scrapped...that's one extra exam too many for poor students.

I totally agree with you sir. What the Universities accused JAMB of is what they are themselves immensely guilty of now, plus the cash that comes with it.

It became my opinion sometime ago that Nigeria is skilled at solving problems by creating more problems.

Thank you.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by EagleSquare1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
It will be accepted when Ortom starts paying salaries!

Worldwarnews:
What then happens to Ortoms offer?

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Enwhen(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
maynation:
You people don't know how we do our thing in ABU, stop interfering.

How ..... SHAME ON ABU for religious sentiments... I have known this for a decade ago , I was told Prof Ango Abdullahi started it ...and on two occasions, ABU has rejected two qualified VC because they are christains, one a female....Even in most departments in ABU , many non-muslims are denied the position of HOD because of their religion,FUTMINNA is not left out on this.....SHAME ON ABU and FUTMINNA ....they should learn from UNILAG, UNIBEN, FUPRE, UNIBADAN, OAU, UNIPORT,

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Boyhood: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Her average score is 291. In their quest to cover up their sentiments, they recorded 288 for her simple 1+1 them no fit?? This alone outrightly shows ABU had religious sentiments for mind
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Boyhood: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Run Run for your life oh... It's a trap
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Boyhood: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Las Las we go dey alright
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by SirLakes: 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Christmasdon:
I Dont like the way they post her picture.

Wetin do her pix, she kill person ni ehn
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Pacesetter123(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
namiji2598:
the girl changed her course to anatomy, should ABU now forced her to study medicine?read the post, u will understand JAMB is stupid
She didn't change it willingly.They said an academic advisor from ABU called on phone and adviced her to change to Anatomy.U r the one not reading de post well.JAMB is very brilliant for correcting de anomaly.It is not stupid as u said.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by namiji2598: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
Pacesetter123:
She didn't change it willingly.They said an academic advisor from ABU called on phone and adviced her to change to Anatomy.U r the one not reading de post well.JAMB is very brilliant for correcting de anomaly.It is not stupid as u said.
she has somebody much like a God father in the school who advises her to change the course.have u been to a university before? if yes, who the fvck can now call her to change her course in a university setting? probably her GOD father knows she is not getting admission so he advice her

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by HBB1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
Elzak:
But some people who don't know how admission works in ABU were shouting religion up and down.

They will still come to comment without reading the post.

Modified

Some idiots have been on my mention. I won't reply them and the ones to come.

I am ashamed to here you spew that rubbish!

Didn't you attend University?

What University in Nigeria admits 2 people per State?
You dont have to be a Genius to know this is a farcical face saving venture by the University!

2 per state my behind, rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by namiji2598: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

You dont have to be a Genius to know this is a farcical face saving venture by the University!

2 people per state in medicine and surgery, 2 x 36 = 72 students in medicine and surgery, common what are u saying, is 2 students per stats not enough?
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by HBB1(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
YINKS89:
Hmmm... Make we no later hear girl that was given admission to study medicine in Abu no later make am to 200 level coz of low go coz I no trust this Nigeria federal Universities

No be Jand or Yankee we dey o!

That girl should just go somewhere else, they will Victimize her like say she tiff pant!

She prolly will be 'failed' out of the College.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by namiji2598: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

bros am also a northern Christian, but if the stories I have been seeing on social media is true then jamb is stupid
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by namiji2598: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

No be Jand or Yankee we dey o!

That girl should just go somewhere else, they will Victimize her like say she tiff pant!

She prolly will be 'failed' out of the College.
the way she dey drag matter, las las ABU no go allow her rest, na carry over go pursue her
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by HBB1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
wwwihy:
But ABU was fair. Her Average score was third. ABU picked two per State. Why would the School pick three from Niger State alone, leaving other states in the Federation with two each? Is that not discrimination?

What about other candidates in other states that have average scores higher than her but were not the best two candidates in their states?

How many did they pick from Abia state?
Or Imo?
Or Oyo?

Let's be deceiving ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Kubernetes: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
madridsta007:

The lady will be intimidated.
ABU has slowly metamorphosed into an Islamist enclave of some sort. This is not news.
Good intervention by the Registrar, but he should help her get into MBBS in some other University and not ABU.
The ABU I know will frustrate her out of the Uni.

The ABU I know will not frustrate the girl.
From the story, only 2 students were needed to fill up the space for Niger state.The girl came third,so what do you expect?What the JAMB registrar did was commendable,but he should have inquired further why only 2 per state to read medicine.I guess it's because of the limited facilities.In that case, University stake holders like Jamb,NUC and the fed gvt should come up with a policy to expand and upgrade the medical college facilities such that more students can be admitted.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by madridsta007(m): 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kubernetes:

The ABU I know will not frustrate the girl.
From the story, only 2 students were needed to fill up the space for Niger state.The girl came third,so what do you expect?What the JAMB registrar did was commendable,but he should have inquired further why only 2 per state to read medicine.I guess it's because of the limited facilities.In that case, University stake holders like Jamb,NUC and the fed gvt should come up with a policy to expand and upgrade the medical college facilities such that more students can be admitted.

OK.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Onlyonebuhari: 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Elzak:
But some people who don't know how admission works in ABU were shouting religion up and down.

Modified

Don't mind social media idiots.........I rendered assistance to the girl if they are sure of religious discrimination but no one shows up.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by KosiGee(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
If I was in her position, I wouldn’t take that offer. I think it’s in her best interest to avoid that school.

She will face a lots of challenges from some strange individuals or their proxies and it would be hard to prove that such were premeditated and directed at her.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Elzak(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
Sterope:
The boy has one of the highest, average or not. He should not have been denied admission based on silly quota or what not. You should read the article before contributing nonsense.

How dare you accuse me of not reading before contributing nonsense.

I vowed not to reply any idiot but I have been forced by your ridiculous comment which shows that you didn't read the title of the post let alone the body.

Which boy are you talking about if I may ask?

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by HBB1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
switspin:
ABU Zaria should publish their merit list with the state of origin attached to the names for easy verification of whether only 2 candidates we're taken per state

Inside life...! cheesy

You wan make wind blow fowl yansh?!

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by all4gabus(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
ABU and Religion for admission is a clear open field, it happened in my eyes.

2mercy:
*Registrar meets Niger State, ABU representative

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-admission-row-jamb-orders-abu-to-offer-girl-medicine/
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by whizzler: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Christmasdon:
I Dont like the way they post her picture.

True!!!
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by BuhariDcow: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oga it's religion.. we all know that. Did you expect them to admit that? Merit is so all, so they try to make it as high as possible.
Elzak:

Modified

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by sleekman(m): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Elzak:

Modified

So you believe that cock and bull story from Jamb? From Jamb scores alone, it's clear she was the best from Niger state. They were clearly caught out over their islamisation agenda that hat been in the works for years. Is ABU trying to tell us that it's only 37 x 2(74) students they accepted to study medicine? We want them to declare the admissions list and the criteria for admittance.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jeffersonagain:
The case of Goodness is the of sheer religious discrimination perpetuated by intellectual falsehood and clever manipulation to hide the truth. She scored the highest in UTME among the three of them under consideration. In order to ensure that she was edged out the ABU authorities inflated the post-UTME scores of the two Muslim candidates so that they can have a higher average score.

The post-UTME has become a manipulative tool in the hands of our tertiary institutions. The way forward is to scrap it so that true merit can be established.
ll u sharap there didn't u see d aggregate score of jamb and post Jamb.. can everyone study medicine... what religious discrimination here again
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Monday60655(m): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
The truth must be told, don't divert the truth. From the analysis given, she scored the highest in UTME in Niger State. She never talk of the average grade from both UTME and Post UTME which might have been jeopardize from the institution in order to perfect their action for denying her admission into medicine.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Godhead4:

How sure are you that up to 2 candidates In all 36 states applied to study medicine in ABU
you would be ignorant not 2 know Abu is a prestigious school hence applications would come from all states...
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
sleekman:

So you believe that cock and bull story from Jamb? From Jamb scores alone, it's clear she was the best from Niger state. They were clearly caught out over their islamisation agenda that hat been in the works for years. Is ABU trying to tell us that it's only 37 x 2(74) students they accepted to study medicine? We want them to declare the admissions list and the criteria for admittance.
you guys ll die over religion matter.... is only jamb score that determines pples admission... if Abu decides to pick 2 per state isn't it fair to ensure sensible representation... must everyone study medicine d lady got anatomy isn't it OK... d 2 Muslims had higher aggregate scores Dan her yet u guys kip screaming islamization nawa oooo..
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

How many did they pick from Abia state?
Or Imo?
Or Oyo?

Let's be deceiving ourselves!
de ur enclave and be fooling urself... Abu is the most prestigious university in northern Nigeria and even Nigeria... it has students from all 36 states...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba 2016/2017 Admission Process Thread. / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.