Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,781 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine (68738 Views)

ABU Didn't Admit Goodness Thomas Into MBBS Cos In Niger Alone She Ranked No. 7 / ABU To Migrate From Undergraduate To Postgraduate University – VC / ABU To Represent Nigeria At ENACTUS World Cup In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by naijaguy123456(m): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Who is this 1mbecile ?
iLiquidator:
Look at this illiterate that doesn't know how admission works in ABU. Useless religious bigot that will rot in hell fire.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by HBB1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
de ur enclave and be fooling urself... Abu is the most prestigious university in northern Nigeria and even Nigeria... it has students from all 36 states...

Mr Oga, I dont care if they have students from Togo!

How many 'medical' students do they have from Enugu, Abia and Imo?

Why should someone score 300 and someone with 250 gets admitted because he is from a certain area-- in a Federal University?!!!

I schooled in OAU and so far you score above the cut-off point, you are good to go...even if your father is a Rosicrucian from North-East Zamfara.
If you dont reach the cut-off or choose it as second choice, anything wey your eye see, take am like that.

Oga no dey talk 'booshit' abeg!
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by AngelicBeing: 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
akilo1:
I talk am ..buhari is a terrorist
Gbam and he is also a demented scallywag belch by a village witch grin

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
sleekman:

So you believe that cock and bull story from Jamb? From Jamb scores alone, it's clear she was the best from Niger state. They were clearly caught out over their islamisation agenda that hat been in the works for years. Is ABU trying to tell us that it's only 37 x 2(74) students they accepted to study medicine? We want them to declare the admissions list and the criteria for admittance.

so if you have the best jamb score you must also have the best putme score?
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=Monday60655 post=85655026]The truth must be told, don't divert the truth. From the analysis given, she scored the highest in UTME in Niger State. She never talk of the average grade from both UTME and Post UTME which might have been jeopardize from the institution in order to perfect their action for denying her admission into medicine.[/quote

what about the christian students that scored higher in putme than jamb...it was also manipulated to favor the Muslims abi?
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

Why should someone score 300 and someone with 250 gets admitted because he is from a certain area-- in a Federal University?!!!

I schooled in OAU and so far you score above the cut-off point, you are good to go...even if your father is a Rosicrucian from North-East Zamfara.
If you dont reach the cut-off or choose it as second choice, anything wey your eye see, take am like that.

what about the girl who was denied admission in 2016 with a score of 300+ by UI?

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by HBB1(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Isahalbash:

what about the girl who was denied admission in 2016 with a score of 300+ by UI?

As far as I know UI uses Jamb and your O'levels.
Maybe it has changed now.

But it was 40% jamb 60% O' levels.

If you like score 400 in Jamb, if your A1 no pure, O.Y.O o!
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by fof1: 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
Elzak:
But some people who don't know how admission works in ABU were shouting religion up and down.

They will still come to comment without reading the post.

Modified

Some idiots have been on my mention. I won't reply them and the ones to come.

WHY MUST YOU NOT BE BANED OR SUSPENDED FOR CALLING FELLOW NAIRALANDEERS IDIOTS OR ANY DEROGATORY WORD,PLS? STOP SUCH RASHNESS AND INFANTILE DISPOSITIONS...
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

As far as I know UI uses Jamb and your O'levels. Maybe it has changed now.

It's even OAU self. with 320 she didn't meet cutoff mark according to them.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
HBB1:

As far as I know UI uses Jamb and your O'levels.
Maybe it has changed now.

I thought they said UI had cancelled the o'level grade stuff cos many of them can't defend their o'level results.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Luckysbab: 12:13am On Jan 10, 2020
Jeffersonagain:

Even the devil will maintain that he has a reason for being wicked. You see the world according to the diameter of your mind.

I should let you know that I am not against Muslims, I am against the use of religion as a tool for selfish manipulation and marginalization. I would respond the very same way if I thought that a Muslim was being discriminated against.

On of the principles of justice is the fairness must to seen to have been extended to all, especially the person in the disadvantage. And if you feel that the ABU system was fair to Goodness then you are entitled to your opinion, as you clearly are.

Thank you.

Alright
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Luckysbab: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2020
maynation:

Mr Luckysbabgrin

A simple 'happy new year wish' will make me mistake you for a gentle man. undecided

It's not yet new year in China cool
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Godhead4(m): 12:35am On Jan 10, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
you would be ignorant not 2 know Abu is a prestigious school hence applications would come from all states...

UI does not have applicants from all states, same with UNN..
How come ABU is now more prestigious
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by XDaBOSS(m): 1:02am On Jan 10, 2020
JAMB has done it again ooo...why did it take this long for them to tell us she wasn't the highest in her state? After they've edited the whole thing to sooth their claim of not giving her the admission, they are now hear with a cooked lie.
This wasn't ABU's claim the first time her admission denial went viral...Since the admission concerns their school (ABU Zaria), I think they should know better...
This Jamb boss had being looking for a reason from unset to justify his actions, now e don get 1.
Besides, we all know she's not from Benue state but Niger...so why is he trying to make it look like she was said to be from Benue?
If she go d ABU xlf she fall ma hands big time....na ABU (Aboki Glorified junior secondary school) b d only school for her to study in....
With such mentality how will Naija move forward xlf....
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by sayisayi(m): 1:06am On Jan 10, 2020
Las las, one randy lecturer would have asked her to attend staff room for anatomy practical.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:11am On Jan 10, 2020
Godhead4:

UI does not have applicants from all states, same with UNN..
How come ABU is now more prestigious
you are pathetic liar... how do u know ui don't have applicant from all states... Abu is located in kaduna a strategic state I put it u that all pple are represented there

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:13am On Jan 10, 2020
HBB1:

just quiet u hear... na u sabi oooo
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Kinikini: 1:27am On Jan 10, 2020
One country , different policies. Federal universities in the South have a clear merit list first which gives more intelligent students a better chance at admission regardless their states of origin and it rewards performance. You think what ABU is doing is right?

Kalaba:

That's there policy and they have been adhering to it.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by banio: 4:51am On Jan 10, 2020
Two per State isn't bad. Medicine usually have to graduate not more than a certain number of doctors per year, guess 60 to 70 doctors. This is based on lecturers available and other facilities.

However, are all states represented. The answer is No. Thus ABU should be able to do it's maths and come up with a good admission format.

All in all, it's not easy.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by nurusystem(m): 5:47am On Jan 10, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
Islamists have failed again cheesy grin

how ?
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by 9jaRealist: 5:49am On Jan 10, 2020
So, ONLY 2 candidates per state are admitted on MERIT at ABU...
And still folks wonder why this country has rapidly descended into its sh*thole condition!
undecided
>
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by 9jaRealist: 5:51am On Jan 10, 2020
banio:
Two per State isn't bad. Medicine usually have to graduate not more than a certain number of doctors per year, guess 60 to 70 doctors. This is based on lecturers available and other facilities.

However, are all states represented. The answer is No. Thus ABU should be able to do it's maths and come up with a good admission format.

All in all, it's not easy.

Nigeria needs as many doctors as it can get...
Admitting only 2 per state ON MERIT (others on opaque grounds) is a SCANDAL!
>
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by tomdon(m): 6:00am On Jan 10, 2020
herzernIsHere:
Are they suggesting that some courses are better than the other?

If indeed Anatomy is not widely subscribed to by students, why can't the department be scrapped and the money used running it further invested in the college of medicine to give more spaces for prospective student?

Abi since everyone wants medicine and not Anatomy, why run an Anatomy department and admit bitter students who have missed MBBS by a mark or two.

It just doesn't make sense!

Are you a joker??
Anatomy is one of the courses offered by medical students

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Timekeeper: 6:10am On Jan 10, 2020
maynation:

I replied him.
I let him know I've forgiven him.

U r loved, mercy.... Bless God for ur life
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Suremikky(m): 6:28am On Jan 10, 2020
Jeffersonagain:
The case of Goodness is that of sheer religious discrimination perpetuated by intellectual falsehood and clever manipulation to hide the truth. She scored the highest in UTME among the three of them under consideration. In order to ensure that she was edged out the ABU authorities inflated the post-UTME scores of the two Muslim candidates so that they can have a higher average score.

The post-UTME has become a manipulative tool in the hands of our tertiary institutions. The way forward is to scrap it so that true merit can be established.

Your head dey there

1 Like

Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Sanialee: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2020
Olways naturally ahead[i][/i]
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Suremikky(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=Isahalbash post=85659604][/quote]

Present such Christian students lets see
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by Isahalbash(m): 9:07am On Jan 10, 2020
Suremikky:

Present such Christian students lets see

As usual...after presenting it, you will still change it to something else. As if no be wuna wei we know for here.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by olusola200: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2020
But ABU can offer dino malaye admission with 150 score and two credit

quote author=naijaguy123456 post=85645712]A girl who scored 309 should be able to study medicine. Fuc. you ABU for discriminating against her .[/quote]
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by luluman: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
Elzak:
But some people who don't know how admission works in ABU were shouting religion up and down.

They will still come to comment without reading the post.

Modified

Some idiots have been on my mention. I won't reply them and the ones to come.
You call people names without caution, yet you claim to be civilised.
Re: Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine by luluman: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
bikerboy1:
Pikkin wey get brain.

I can't boast of such academic records during my time.

I leave it my kids
People like you no dey stay for class now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Six Parts Of Your Body You Probably Don't Know Their Names / When A Girl Tells You She Studies Banking And Surgery( photo) / Nigerian Lady Reveals What ASUU Strike Has 'Done To Her' (Before & After Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.