Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) (57241 Views)

Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) / Update On Awka Millennium City (photos) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by giles14(m): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2020
Anambralstson:
The developer of Millennium City project is also an Indigenous company, Clem Nwogbo CEO MPI Africa not a Lebanese or Chinese, typical nwafor Awka.
while using revenue from Onitsha and Nnewi to run the project and the two towns are left to rot in bad infrastructure.

Wish them well
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Sagay212: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:
Igbo Amaka , we are developers and we will develop our region ourselves , we are not like some people from one region who sold out their lands to Indians , labanise , Chinese , that's modern day colonization

Sold their lands to Indians and Lebanese? Thought igbos own 99% properties in lagos and entire Africa. How did the Lebanese and Indians get lands to buy?

4 Likes

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Ttipsy(f): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2020
giles14:
while using revenue from Onitsha and Nnewi to run the project and the two towns are left to rot in bad infrastructure.

Wish them well
true, No urban renewal in Nnewi
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by frowland(m): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2020
Anambralstson:

The size of the city is far bigger than Eko Atlantic city, please can you mention one estate in Nigeria that offer all th facilities in AMC

More

It's not about size, it's about quality. Do you know how much an apartment goes for in EAC? Be guided with your comparision man.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Sagay212: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2020
nijabazaar:

No. The OP is always concerned with Anambra threads. Infact I rarely see him comment on anything apart from anambra or igbo threads.

But here Whenever there's an igbo thread, A sWner comes up with a snide. Its proven. We can data mine NL to prove it

I understand the very need for rivalry but rivalry without responsibility is driving towards the edge of wasteful hatred.

Keep quiet and phuck off. Always quick to play the victim. You accuse people of the same damn things you are masters of. Yen yen yen. Data mine NL let see if you will not be ashamed of how hateful you guys are.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by naxclimpsey(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2020
Do you know my problem with Nigeria leaders? They make us look stupid. Why starting up a city when the main city we all know is in shambles? What happen to urban renewal and beautification as thought in secondary and tertiary institutions. This is another white elephant project aimed at looting tax payers monies. What more do these people want from us? Let build on the existing system by giving all the major cities a face uplift. I believe this funds can be channeled to Awka main city. Construct drainiages, health facilities, water. Fire control, street cameras and every other working system has seen in western world. Thanks
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by BiafraforTrump: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2020
zuto4u:
Excellent response. By God's grace, I will also heed to the call soon. I am tired of living abroad. I am happy with way things are going in Igbo land now. Especially in Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu. My own aku ga eru ulo soonest. Abum onye Imo mana obim no na Anambra for investment

IMO is on point bro you need to invest in IMO now so that you can be one of the pioneers in no distant time cos Ihedioha has got a plan.

All IMO needs is a standard market big enough to be a local government of its own somewhere in Okigwe or Orlu axis, now build estates around it with constant electricity and water flow to encourage traders and business men to leave Owerri and relocate down there, this would increase our IGR in a great way in IMO.
We can also contribute money(like we did with our airport) to set up our own refinery in Oguta or Ohaji to refine our crudeoil which we have in abundance just as NNPC is doing with our gas at Ohaji at the moment, we also lay gas pipes connecting the whole LGA of the state for free flow of gas.
We can now use the proceeds to invest heavily in our palm oil sector like the Ada palm etc for a massive production of palm oil that can sustain the whole of Africa and its people, it is possible OK just look at Malaysia that learnt from IMO state how palm oil have changed their lives.

We don't need all these mega city bla bla bla, just one industrialized IMO state with all these economic plans I just laid down can take care of all that and more in future if we take it serious, it will take care of roads, schools, well equipped standard hospitals, railways, sports centers, and mega-cities..

We are educated people and should think as such.
God bless IMO...

1 Like

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by jimyjames(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2020
Sagay212:

Sold their lands to Indians and Lebanese? Thought igbos own 99% properties in lagos and entire Africa. How did the Lebanese and Indians get lands to buy?

Thank you 99% of Lagos properties are owned by Igbo's almajeriy northeners , Indians Lebanese

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2020
Malcolm123:

building houses won't make ppl go back to their villages ..because it is not because of house dey left in the first place buh because of work/bizness ....
only industrialization will make Dem move

wat is the essence of an estate dat an average man cannot even visit not to talk of renting an apartment there

I dont seem to get your point, the city project is an industrialisation move. Does it look like houses are being built in the project?

1 Like

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by VicThory(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2020
FloxySmart:

I think the city aspect of Lagos came from the enormous numbers of foreigners that visits the state. Do you know that Lagos is not just in Nigeria, we have Lagos in Greece and Portugal as well and in this countries it exists as a city hence they call it here Lagos city regardless of the fact that it is a state. You can’t call a state a city

I see. Well there is only one Omambala and we use to make it a city, leave us to achieve our goal.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by 27Pushing30: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2020
The drain i'm seeing there is not impressive at all..but at least it's covered.

Why TF will be government projects still be termed completed when the drains are not covered.
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Rockyrascal(m): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2020
A very laudable initiative. But this project can never be like its prototype when completed.
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by DexterousOne(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2020
Anambralstson:
The developer of Millennium City project is also an Indigenous company, Clem Nwogbo CEO MPI Africa not a Lebanese or Chinese, typical nwafor Awka.

This is unnecessary

Even the Chinese and the Emiratis have had some of their most stellar projects done by foreign contractors.
Having foreign contactor do your job and do it well is not a bad thing
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by nijabazaar: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2020
Sagay212:

Keep quiet and phuck off. Always quick to play the victim. You accuse people of the same damn things you are masters of. Yen yen yen. Data mine NL let see if you will not be ashamed of how hateful you guys are.

Go and play with your crayons

1 Like

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by DexterousOne(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2020
Anambralstson:

Eko Atlantic city is owned by Chagoury family, Lebanese, the only Nigeria that owns property there is Igbo man, no Yoruba man yet grin very shameful.

What is this one saying?

Don't you know Chagoury are Nigerian citizens?
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by RexTramadol1: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2020
Very far from what is on the prototype

You can't compare this to Atlantic City in any way save for the land mass
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by guru90: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
horsepower101:
Thanks to Akuluouno initiative, igbo land is on the rise.

Anambra has Awka Millennium city, and Garden of Eden City

Abia state has Enyimba Economic City

Enugu has The Centenary city and HELIU

Ebonyi has the rapid mordernization of Abakaliki City which is spurring massive real Estate investment because of new infrastructures

Imo state has New Owerri and there is also a New City planned to be launched by the new government.

Good Job Ndigbo. You are beginning to learn that you cannot abandon your home to go and develop another mans land

Northerns ar so wicked....

Reason: They only gave us 5 states while them claimed 17 to 18 states.. I hope u all see the wide margin.... How can Igbo people win presidential Sit....... Impossible........................................
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Nas25(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
This is an Estate not a City
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Malcolm123: 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
Fvckmoderators:

I dont seem to get your point, the city project is an industrialisation move. Does it look like houses are being built in the project?

Awka Millennium City is an ambitious yet iconic, master-planned gated- community project which will be a large-scale residential neighborhood with residential, commercial and recreational uses and amenities, such as parks and playgrounds. Phase 1 will be 100 hectares in size.

if you call the above Industrialization ....no problem ...dat means our definition of industrialization is different from each Oda
peace
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Evans Zone or Evans Territory.
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by delawal: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
Anambralstson:
The hopeless dude from Osun and his likes from West were attacking this project when it was flagged off then grin I will still remind them these new projects, be ready for more heart attacks.
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Chukazu: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
I noticed outgoing Nigerian governors always deceiving folks with 3D effect... Donald Duke. Seriaki Dickson. Rotimi Amechi. .. now Obiano

Why don't they do it when still in government
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by globemoney: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
nzeobi:
Tell Willie to pay retirees their gratuities and to stop travelling to the USA at any slightest provocation

You no dey rest?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by samorobo: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Anambralstson:

The size of the city is far bigger than Eko Atlantic city, please can you mention one estate in Nigeria that offer all th facilities in AMC

More

As much as I love this project I can't help but point out your ignorance...

Ekoatlantic is four times the size of Victoria island and it is also bigger than the Manhattan district in New York....

This miniature city still has a long way to go in development and infastructures... although this is a start and it will grow gradually to birth an entirely new CBD in Awka and Anambra as a whole..

1 Like

Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by VicThory(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
samorobo:

As much as I love this project I can't help but point out your ignorance...

Ekoatlantic is four times the size of Victoria island and it is also bigger than the Manhattan district in New York....

This miniature city still has a long way to go in development and infastructures... although this is a start and it will grow gradually to birth an entirely new CBD in Awka and Anambra as a whole..

You don finish dealing with Kenya/little Indians, you don and for Igbos now shey? I don give you my maximum respect.
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
To build house here make better sense.

If ever I want to retire in Nigeria, Awka is it.
That city is developing really fast
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by zuto4u(m): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
Wow! You have really spoken well my brother. U are indeed a son of the soil with foresight, I appreciate u bro. By the special grace of God, Imo will hear from me soon.
BiafraforTrump:

IMO is on point bro you need to invest in IMO now so that you can be one of the pioneers in no distant time cos Ihedioha has got a plan.

All IMO needs is a standard market big enough to be a local government of its own somewhere in Okigwe or Orlu axis, now build estates around it with constant electricity and water flow to encourage traders and business men to leave Owerri and relocate down there, this would increase our IGR in a great way in IMO.
We can also contribute money(like we did with our airport) to set up our own refinery in Oguta or Ohaji to refine our crudeoil which we have in abundance just as NNPC is doing with our gas at Ohaji at the moment, we also lay gas pipes connecting the whole LGA of the state for free flow of gas.
We can now use the proceeds to invest heavily in our palm oil sector like the Ada palm etc for a massive production of palm oil that can sustain the whole of Africa and its people, it is possible OK just look at Malaysia that learnt from IMO state how palm oil have changed their lives.

We don't need all these mega city bla bla bla, just one industrialized IMO state with all these economic plans I just laid down can take care of all that and more in future if we take it serious, it will take care of roads, schools, well equipped standard hospitals, railways, sports centers, and mega-cities..

We are educated people and should think as such.
God bless IMO...
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by samorobo: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
lexy2014:

Is Awka not a city? Why does Awka not have all d facilities that u say AMC offers? Is AMC a city on its own? How can u have a city within a city? How did u arrive at d conclusion that AMC is a city?

Shut up olodo...we meet again angry
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by samorobo: 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
GenBuhari:
New infrastructural projects are always welcome.

But correct me if I am wrong, Awka is only a city itself so this project that is inside Awka cannot legally be recognised as a city.

Can you have a city inside a city?

Why not call it something Millennium Estate or Millennium District or Millennium Town?

Being honest would help manage visitors expectations and protect you from future ridicule.

Hell yeah
Re: Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) by mmsen: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Blakjewelry:
Wow cool but bad for the locals, modernization come at the expense of the locals

How so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AIDAnova: World's 5th Largest Cruise Ship. Costs ₦398b, Holds 6600 Passengers / Advice To Every UK Japa Crew / An Overview Of The 10 Lane Oshodi-Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.