Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,457 members, 7,853,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios (33258 Views)

South East Vs South West Presidency, Who Would SS People Support? / Nigeria Gives South West Economic Advantage,Yorubas Don't Need Secession / South East Vs North West (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 3:38am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

Same way your brothers and sisters are migrating to Anambra State

I am sure you don't believe that crap

There are less than 10 Yorubas in Anambra and they are all Federal civil servants. We simply don't travel inwards. We'll rather go abroad or Abuja. Who wants to go to an overpopulated mud pit? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:39am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

Same way your brothers and sisters are migrating to Anambra State

This chart proves nothing. A rubbish chart without any importance. How many SE states are on the list when the NBS themselves can’t get their acts right.

Is this the chart you’re using to measure growth per region?

Did I not tell you the other time to stop uploading this chart when I clearly told you the denominator for all those state above Ogun is because of the oil generating component of their GDP.

I showed you Bayelsa Oil component of the GDP that made it above Ogun the other time on this thread. How will a tiny Bayelsa generates more GDP than Ogun if not for oil?

The chart is as useless as a church rat, it proves nothing!

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:42am On Jan 13, 2020
LegendHero:

You are not that wise. Check the chart you uploaded, can you see the number of the Yoruba cities in deep green? That means they are great performers.

Using poverty index:
Only Anambra was able to measure with any Yoruba city except Oyo.

Odun, Ogun, Ondo, Lagos, and Ekiti clearly have the lowest poverty rate.

The rest of the SE states have higher poverty rating than them and Ebonyi is in thesame league as the poverty ridden north.

Your chart showed that the Yorubas are superior. Can’t you interprete chart? I help you bolden it below.
And what's intensity poverty rate show by percentage on all regions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:50am On Jan 13, 2020
LegendHero:

This chart proves nothing. A rubbish chart without any importance. How many SE states are on the list when the NBS themselves can’t get their acts right.

Is this the chart you’re using to measure growth per region?

Did I not tell you the other time to stop uploading this chart when I clearly told you the denominator for all those state above Ogun is because of the oil generating component of their GDP.

I showed you Bayelsa Oil component of the GDP that made it above Ogun the other time on this thread. How will a tiny Bayelsa generates more GDP than Ogun if not for oil?

The chart is as useless as a church rat, it proves nothing!
Of course I know Oil and Gas made states like Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Ondo above Ogun, non oil economy are FCT, Anambra, Kano and Ogun, no matter how hard you try you can't change the fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:50am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

And what's intensity poverty rate show by percentage on all regions

I will lecture you again, you don’t seem learned but pay attention to what I’m trying to say coz I want to school you.

In the chart you uploaded, there are two indices used:

1. Multidimensional Poverty Index: This identifies multiple deprivations at the household and individual level in health, education and standard of living. This is the true measure of poverty. The higher the figure, the higher the poverty.

2. Intensity of poverty (also called poverty gap): An indicator used to assess the extent to which the standard of living of the poor population is under the poverty line. Can you see the emphasis? It’s a relativity measurement.

The SW has the lowest MPI which showed that we are far better placed than you.

The intensity of poverty measures the relativity of the poor population under the threshold line and it does not matter much as against the first one!

To make you understand better: Do you see that the intensity of poverty of the SS and NC is almost equal to those of the SE/SW in the second image? But if you check the first chart, there is a wide difference between them.

Are you learning?

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

Of course I know Oil and Gas made states like Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Ondo above Ogun, non oil economy are FCT, Anambra, Kano and Ogun, no matter how hard you try you can't change the fact

In Agriculture - Ogun Beats Anambra
In Industry -Ogun Beats Anambra
In Services - Anambra beats Ogun.

However we are measuring regional success here. Where is the data for the rest of the SE? What is the usefulness of this chart in the measure of GDP by region when the NBS themselves have not given a complete report to encompass other states.

What do you sought to achieve with the chart?
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:55am On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
LegendHero:

I will lecture you again, you don’t seem learned but pay attention to what I’m trying to say coz I want to school you.

In the chart you uploaded, there are two indices used:

1. Multidimensional Poverty Index: This identifies multiple deprivations at the household and individual level in health, education and standard of living. This is the true measure of poverty. The higher the figure, the higher the poverty.

2. Intensity of poverty (also called poverty gap): An indicator used to assess the extent to which the standard of living of the poor population is under the poverty line. Can you see the emphasis? It’s a relativity measurement.

The SW has the lowest MPI which showed that we are far better placed than you.

The intensity of poverty measures the relativity of the poor population under the threshold line and it does not matter much as against the first one!
[/s]
Same percentage no matter how you try twisting, very shameful competing with region that went through three years civil war, and started from scratch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 3:58am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]
Same percentage no matter how you try twisting, very shameful competing with region that went through three years civil war, and started from scratch.

Spare us the civil war rhetoric. Wasn't the war also fought in Ondo, Edo, Delta and other SS States? Do you see them making excuses today?

You wail too much angry

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:59am On Jan 13, 2020
LegendHero:

In Agriculture - Ogun Beats Anambra
In Industry -Ogun Beats Anambra
In Services - Anambra beats Ogun.

However we are measuring regional success here. Where is the data for the rest of the SE? What is the usefulness of this chart in the measure of GDP by region when the NBS themselves have not given a complete report to encompass other states.

What do you sought to achieve with the chart?
What’s the gap in industry, my happiness Anambra industries are 98% own by indegenous unlike Ogun state and other Southwestern states that depends on FDI grin we control our wealth, services still top all grin Ogun should beat Kano first before Anambra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:00am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]

You must take to correction tonight coz you are toying with the wrong person. My education in one of the best institutions in the world is not a waste.

Calm down and decode this:

To make you understand better:
Do you see that the intensity of poverty of the SS and NC is almost equal to those of the SE/SW in the second image?

But if you check the Multidimensional poverty index chart, you will see that the NC is a poverty ridden region coz their legend is yellow. How could they then be at par with the functioning region in terms of intensity of poverty %.

Are you learning? You can’t get this lecture for free anywhere but I’m doing this as a community service!

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 4:01am On Jan 13, 2020
This is a little old but still relevant

To The People Of The Southwest, The Third Largest Economy In Africa, Please Ask Not What Abuja Can Do For You, But Ask Your Governors What You Want Them To Do For You

The GDP of the entire nation of Nigeria, the largest economy by far in Africa, currently is about N130 trillion naira(about $594 billion US dollars)(Wikipedia, list of African countries by GDP(nominal)). The Southwest, one of the six geopolitical regions of Nigeria, has an estimated GDP of about N67 trillion naira( about $305 billion US dollars), more than half of the GDP of the nation.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/172621/to-the-people-of-the-southwest-the-third-largest-economy-in.html

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:02am On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Spare us the civil war rhetoric. Wasn't the war also fought in Ondo, Edo, Delta and other SS States? Do you see them making excuses today?

You wail too much angry
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:03am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

What’s the gap in industry, my happiness Anambra industries are 98% own by indegenous unlike Ogun state and other Southwestern states that depends on FDI grin we control our wealth, services still top all grin Ogun should beat Kano first before Anambra

Hahaha lol.

So you mean protectionist economy is the best bet? Do you know the free market economy is what the world is aiming for?

Why won’t you allow investors to come to your region to thrive and give everybody a level playing field? So what is bad in attracting foreign investors to our region?

Your ideology is like China which is defective. Yoruba use a system like that of the USA and we welcome people from all creed to invest and grow in our region.

Moreso, we have lot of indigenous Yoruba owned companies so your premises is defective!

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:04am On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

To The People Of The Southwest, The Third Largest Economy In Africa, Please Ask Not What Abuja Can Do For You, But Ask Your Governors What You Want Them To Do For You

The GDP of the entire nation of Nigeria, the largest economy by far in Africa, currently is about N130 trillion naira(about $594 billion US dollars)(Wikipedia, list of African countries by GDP(nominal)). The Southwest, one of the six geopolitical regions of Nigeria, has an estimated GDP of about N67 trillion naira( about $305 billion US dollars), more than half of the GDP of the nation.

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/amp/news/172621/to-the-people-of-the-southwest-the-third-largest-economy-in.html

You will just give this guy heart attack lol.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:04am On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
kayfra:

[/s]
Reliable source matters in our discussion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:07am On Jan 13, 2020
LegendHero:

You will just give this guy heart attack lol.
You don't know who you are dealing with, I don't mind debating with 100 of your type to 100 pages grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:07am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

[s]Reliable source matters in our discussion[/s]

Stop uploading rubbish online. How many SE states are in your chart and how does this measure regional comparison?

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:09am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

You don't know who you are dealing with, I don't mind debating with 100 of your type to 100 pages grin grin

Well we are also ready to go in the mud with you.

I never knew the thread is even existing coz I thought we already finished the discussion.

I just entered Nairaland now and I see that you’re still trying to keep pushing your false narratives.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 4:09am On Jan 13, 2020
LegendHero:

Stop uploading rubbish online. How many SE states are in your chart and how does this measure regional comparison?

In his mind. He can just project Anambra to Ebonyi and Abia

Anambra the Ugwu export guru grin

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:10am On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

In his mind. He can just project Anambra to Ebonyi and Abia

Anambra the Ugwu export guru grin

He’s purposely derailing the thread. The more picture he uploads the more confused he seems.

Kettykings the owner of the thread already gave up I think!

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:12am On Jan 13, 2020
My third child celebrated her one year birthday yesterday, my discussions with you guys didn't affect me with my responsibilities, same with my businesses, so if you are engaging me make sure you have enough available to eat and you are boss on your own

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:14am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:
My third child celebrated her one birthday yesterday, my discussions with you guys didn't affect me with my responsibility,same with my businesses, so if you are engaging me make sure you have available to eat and you are boss on your own

Well, I’m a boss on my own and have a reputable company back home.

Is this the new diversion now?

Happy birthday to her. Cute kid

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 4:14am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:
My third child celebrated her one birthday yesterday, my discussions with you guys didn't affect me with my responsibility,same with my businesses, so if you are engaging me make sure you have available to eat and you are boss on your own

Cute. Happy Birthday to her.

Peter Obi doesn't own International Brewery. I have made sure you never repeat that fable again grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Emilokoiyawon: 6:07am On Jan 13, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by sofiscatedmoron: 6:50am On Jan 13, 2020
EeyanMayweather:

Says a smelly akpu munching subhuman scum from a gully ravaged, red mudded , land locked and barren enclave of savages and criminals.
Half of the youths are languishing in Asian jails while the other half are in SW hawking plantain chips and gala.
You should be careful not to lay with your mother or sister since 98% of the brothels in Nigeria are occupied by the Igbo girls and women..
The only good osu is the dead one !!.. spit
The clown I quoted was probably produced in one of such brothels cheesy cheesy
the last time i checked afonja munch akpu more than the people that owns it grin
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Nvc078: 7:29am On Jan 13, 2020
Kapeter:
I will edit when i see you are done writing your nonsense.

Boycotting ibo business, e.g inusun. Lmao, ibos ruined Nigeria market by producing counterfeit, they made it hard for startups(especially my Yoruba brethrens) to get customers and penetrate int the market cuz every new products can't be trusted not to have ibo counterfeit fake hand in it, you are making life unbearable for people dude.
Common satchet water, its so hard for people to trust new products in the market and you are here saying trash about economic activities.

I will reply fully when i notice you are done writing.

Modified

I was reluctant to because i saw you've been dealt with already but nonetheless, lemme quickly state this other facts, Op, honestly, you guys are menace to the society, it's no rocket science that everyone wants you out of their land, from Yorubaland, Hausa/Fulani land, ghana, South Africa and all. The benefit you contribute to society isn't as many as the ruins you contribute hence why everyone wants you out and rather than find out why everyone have problem living with you, you'd rather use it to massage a non existing ego attributing it to envy and hatred.

Honestly, this your trade war threat will really be wonderful if we can at least try it even for a month, PH airport and seaport now works well and fine, stop coming for anything in Yorubaland, boycott MMA, boycott our seaport, relocate all your hawkers away from our land, Boycott GTB, Firstbank, Boycott our Uni, like it was your people that made Covenant uni best in West Africa and 4th best in Africa. Infact boycott our lands too and let's see who will suffer for real.

You all keep talking trash about not patronising Innoson, when has any of yours patronise Proforce, Lanre Shittu and other Yoruba owned motor company, even yet Yoruba have patronised Innosson more than your ibo politicians, it's something you can research.

And again if you don't like that we install Iyaloja and babaloja in our own market which is the tradition of our own land, then can't you kindly move back home where you wouldn't have iyaloja/babaloja problem?

So let's try it. If you know how happy many of us would be that you are leaving our lands with your crook mindset which will allow our people to grow. Infact please do well to make it quick. PH is closer to you, start using the airport there and the seaport, stop migrating to our land, honestly we are all tired of you.

Let the trade/economic war start right now. Lmao
Give me one point why you still consider Lagos a Yoruba land and I will give me 100 points why it is a no man's land (more of igbo-conqurered area)
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:18am On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

Cute. Happy Birthday to her.

Peter Obi doesn't own International Brewery. I have made sure you never repeat that fable again grin
I can't remember posting Peter Obi own international Brewery he control the largest individual share

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:29am On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

In
Non Oil economy, Anambra is forth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and FCT

Anambarians control 98% of their economy unlike western states Lebanese, Chinese Indians, Igbos, Northerners and others are in charge, Anambra, Abia ar leading states in indigenous industries, Anambra boast of largest market in West Africa, state with lowest poverty rate, Imo and Anambra are leading in education sector for more than two decades now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2020
LegendHero:

Well, I’m a boss on my own and have a reputable company back home.

Is this the new diversion now?

Happy birthday to her. Cute kid

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 9:46am On Jan 13, 2020
kayfra:

You are really daft for making up this fairytale

Peter Obi ko, Obi-wan kenobi ni grin

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by EeyanMayweather(m): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2020
Nvc078:

Give me one point why you still consider Lagos a Yoruba land and I will give me 100 points why it is a no man's land (more of igbo-conqurered area)
Baba...goan sleep jor

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Ofemannnu: 11:24am On Jan 13, 2020
Anambralstson:

I'm showing you UNDP data 2018, when did Oxford become global body that conduct poverty prevalence.

Olodo,they work together.

The one you posted was the 2017/18 poverty rate.
This is the 2018/19 stat from UNDP/Oxford.
Remember only Ibadan is more developed than Igboland.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero Visits President-Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Boko Haram Kills 13 People In Borno / Keyamo Blasts Politicians Against Buhari's Appointments Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.