Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios (32496 Views)

South East Vs South West Presidency, Who Would SS People Support? / Nigeria Gives South West Economic Advantage,Yorubas Don't Need Secession / South East Vs North West (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Gabkosh: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

go and check percentage of igbos who go to china and Dubai on weekly basis and come back and argue, how many yorubas travel, if Igbos Boycott MMA , the Airport will go bankrupt for lack of patronage and will become like Ibadan or Akure Airport
Lol, mentality of average osu. How many yorubas travel. Maybe you should check the population of Nigerian tribe in US, UK, other European countries like Germany, France, Spain.

16 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by naptu2: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

this is exactly the point i am driving , just as Lagos state has no reason to buy innosson same Anambra businesses have no reason to import via Lagos Sea port , use Lagos Airport or use services like ISP domiciled in Lagos

Then you shouldn't have written this nonsense that makes it seem as if the Lagos State Government is not buying Innoson vehicles because of some kind of hatred. What the heck is vengeful about not buying Innoson vehicles?? Why didn't citizens of Kaduna say that Lagos is "vengeful" for not buying PAN products or citizens of Bauchi accuse the Lagos State Government of being vengeful because they didn't buy Steyr products??

The deliberate and vengeful Boycotting of eastern made goods by the Lagos Government , like Innosson cars,

The Lagos State Government even has a deal with Coscharis Motors!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by FlyoruB: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

how many of the telco users in Lagos are actually yorubas you can make your points without resorting to insults, the possibility that not upto 30% uers of the telco services in Lagos , mowe, ibafor, are yorubas

You should have included the entire Ogun, Oyo, Osun, and Ondo to your hallucinations. That data was presented for a reason. You should first of all ask why your own people in the SE have such relatively abysmally low spending power in the igbo heartlands as the data shows, before trying to appropriate the numbers in other regions. Guy, you can't give what you don't have. Nothing on ground remotely suggests that Ogun and Oyo populations have any significant igbo component (if you disagree, present concrete evidence to the contrary). Until igbos can demonstrate the ability to attract significant population shift to their SE heartland, delusions like the ones you are exhibiting here will remain just that. undecided

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Gabkosh: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

this is exactly the point i am driving , just as Lagos state has no reason to buy innosson same Anambra businesses have no reason to import via Lagos Sea port , use Lagos Airport or use services like ISP domiciled in Lagos
Then use your product in the east. Chikena

6 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:
SE will lose to SW if we were to apply your suggestion.

And if all SE can leave southwest..

You won't beat SW in economic war...
Population, Landmass, Land Viablity, Etc..
what if i told you that more than 50% of the users of MMA are igbos and if there is a consensus among these people to use Abuja or PH Airport , the economic Impact will automatically turn PH and Abuja Airport into a major destination and will impact on the travel economy of those Cities

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Sammy07: 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
FlyoruB:

You should have included the entire Ogun, Oyo, Osun, and Ondo to your hallucinations. That data was presented for a reason. You should first of all ask why your own people in the SE have such abysmally low spending power in the igbo heartlands as the data shows, before trying to appropriate the numbers in other regions. Guy, you can't give what you don't have. Nothing on ground remotely suggests that Ogun, and Oyo populations have any significant igbo component (if you disagree, present concrete evidence to the contrary). Until igbos can demonstrate the ability to attract significant population shift to their SE heartland, delusions like the ones you are exhibiting here will remain just that. undecided

The Igbos thought they are that many in SW as the media portrays them.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
FlyoruB:

You should have included the entire Ogun, Oyo, Osun, and Ondo to your hallucinations. That data was presented for a reason. You should first of all ask why your own people in the SE have such abysmally low spending power in the igbo heartlands as the data shows, before trying to appropriate the numbers in other regions. Guy, you can't give what you don't have. Nothing on ground remotely suggests that Ogun, and Oyo populations have any significant igbo component (if you disagree, present concrete evidence to the contrary). Until igbos can demonstrate the ability to attract significant population shift to their SE heartland, delusions like the ones you are exhibiting here will remain just that. undecided

parts of Ogun like Agbara, Mowe , Ibafor all have very large igbo populations, i have some of my former staff living in those areas

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
FlyoruB:
Smh. This Op just can't help sounding petty all the time. Every data available shows that the SW is where the country's major consumer market lies, so only a foolish igbo man would listen to the infantile crap the Op is uttering. If igbo's boycott southwest, na demselves dem dey do.

the 16 million internet users and 23 voice users in lagos are not 100% yorubas , the point is a good number of them are igbos residing in lagos and who are busy giving leverage to the south west economy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Sammy07: 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:
what if i told you that more than 50% of the users of MMA are igbos and if there is a consensus among these people to use Abuja or PH Airport , the economic Impact will automatically turn PH and Abuja Airport into a major destination and will impact on the travel economy of those Cities

Lol grin
Okay.

I'll keep telling you.
If you're to apply your suggestion.

You don't have the
Landmass
Population
Land Viablity...

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Sammy07: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

parts of Ogun like Agbara, Mowe , Ibafor all have very large igbo populations, i have some of my former staff living in those areas

What if I tell you Igbos living in Ondo state ain't up to 10,000?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by FlyoruB: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:

The Igbos thought they are that many in SW as the media portrays them.

Na wash jare my brother. They overestimate their own importance, partly because half of the time Yorubas just don't care to refute their lies. But data after data keep exposing their delusions of grandeur.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Sammy07: 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
FlyoruB:

Na wash jare my brother. They overestimate their own importance, partly because half of the time Yorubas just don't care to refute their lies. But data after data keep exposing their delusions of grandeur.
Don't mind them, they thought they are that many....

In Ondo state, they ain't up to 10,000
I'm very sure of that.

Out of over 4millions

9 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by FlyoruB: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

the 16 million internet users and 23 voice users in lagos are not 100% yorubas , the point is a good number of them are igbos residing in lagos and who are busy giving leverage to the south west economy

Guy, even if Yorubas dash igbos 6-million out of the Lagos numbers from that data (which would be overly generous considering that even the largest SE state [Anambra] doesn't even have up to that many active phone subscribers), una go still fall far short. The duo of Oyo and Ogun alone have more combined subscribers than the entire SE put together. How do you explain that dude? Yorubas are not your problem. Quit the obsession in this new year for your own good.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by MetaPhysical: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:
From the analysis of events in the past , present and Future , the possibility of a full blown economic war between the South East and South West is not far fetched.

Instances abound of how Fashola deported some individuals and dumped them at the onitsha had bridge, the continuous yearly harassment of igbo traders in Alaba, Ladipo, Oshodi and Lagos island , the enforcement of Iyaloja over markets dominated by igbos in Lagos.

The deliberate and vengeful Boycotting of eastern made goods by the Lagos Government , like Innosson cars, the more than 1000 check points of police and customs to frustrate igbo importers , the near critical activities of street urchins , cultist and omonile who harrass eastern businesses in lagos during and after elections , one is forced to foray into a possibility of an economic war between the East and the West in the future and how the war will pan out

Who asked Igbo to flood to West?

Yoruba is under the same constitution that Ibo says authorizes a Nigerian to live anywhere. By choice Yoruba does not go to East....so we wouldnt be subjected to all manners of indignities. When Ibo leaves East to come to West it is under knowledge that you will face indignities....yet you still come!

Ibo must suck up its complaints and face its issues with honor. There will br no war. AMOTEKUN will read riot act to miscreants before locking them up for terrorizing West.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by naptu2: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lets have a little clarity here.

1) The first auto assembly plant in Nigeria was built by General Motors (Bedford) in Lagos in 1959.

2) The Federal Military Government wanted Nigeria to be a producer of automobiles so it went into joint venture businesses with some foreign auto makers and state governments. The foreign auto makers were the technical partners, the state governments provided land and got around 20% shares in the business, while the Federal Government was the majority shareholder.

3) These assembly plants were:

a) Peugeot Automobiles of Nigeria (PAN), Kaduna.

b) Volkswagen of Nigeria (VON), Lagos

c) Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company (ANAMMCO), Enugu (they made Mercedes Benz trucks and buses)

d) National Truck Manufacturing Company (NTM), Kano (they made Fiat trucks and tractors)

e) Leyland Motor Company, Ibadan (they made Leyland trucks and buses)

f) Steyr Motors Nigeria, Bauchi (they made tractors and infantry vehicles for the Nigerian Army).

4) President Obasanjo sold Federal Government shares in these companies.

5) The state governments still have shares in these companies and they have been working hard to ensure that the companies return to full production.

6) Some of the companies that bought the Federal Government shares are not able to run these companies properly and so state governments have been working hard to ensure that other companies take over the plants. For example, Anambra and Enugu state governments have worked hard to ensure that Godwin Okeke (G.U. Okeke) and others take over ANAMMCO, while El Rufai is doing everything possible to ensure that Dangote takes over PAN. Fashola worked hard to ensure that Stallion Motors revived VON and that BRT buses were assembled there.

7) No sane state government would then leave the assembly plant that it has shares in, especially if that assembly plant is producing, to go and buy products from its competitor.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by nlPoster: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nairaland sef should be categorized by tribe or region or state.

Eg nairaland lagos, nairaland sw, nl mw, nl ss, nl se, etc etc. Have different forums or sub forums for people from the various regions.

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by FlyoruB: 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
naptu2:
Lets have a little clarity here.

1) The first auto assembly plant in Nigeria was built by General Motors (Bedford) in Lagos in 1959.

2) The Federal Military Government wanted Nigeria to be a producer of automobiles so it went into joint venture businesses with some foreign auto makers and state governments. The foreign auto makers were the technical partners, the state governments provided land and got around 20% shares in the business, while the Federal Government was the majority shareholder.

3) These assembly plants were:

a) Peugeot Automobiles of Nigeria (PAN), Kaduna.

b) Volkswagen of Nigeria (VON), Lagos

c) Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company (ANAMMCO), Enugu (they made Mercedes Benz trucks and buses)

d) National Truck Manufacturing Company (NTM), Kano (they made Fiat trucks and tractors)

e) Leyland Motor Company, Ibadan (they made Leyland trucks and buses)

f) Steyr Motors Nigeria, Bauchi (they made tractors and infantry vehicles for the Nigerian Army).

4) President Obasanjo sold Federal Government shares in these companies.

5) The state governments still have their shares in these companies and they have been working hard to ensure that the companies return to full production.

6) Some of the companies that bought the Federal Government shares are not able to run these companies properly and so state governments have been working hard to ensure that other companies take over the plants. For example, Anambra and Enugu state governments have worked hard to ensure that Cletus Ibeto and others take over ANAMMCO, while El Rufai is doing everything possible to ensure that Dangote takes over PAN. Fashola worked hard to ensure that Stallion Motors revived VON and that BRT buses were assembled there.

7) No sane state government would then leave the assembly plant that it has shares in, especially if that assembly plant is producing, to go and buy products from its competitor.

Bros, ee need e jor. They should do their worst. Yorubas DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT owe Innoson any patronage. When it's not as if Innoson is the only indigenous car assembler/manufacturer in Nigeria. What should now happen to the Yoruba owned ones?? The Op and his likes can do their worst for all I care. He is merely exhibiting/playing the typical igbo blackmail script. Some of us that have engaged his likes on here are used to such antics. He's lucky say I don retire/drop my former belligerent garb, else I sabi treat him kind fuuckup. Oshisko.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by raumdeuter: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:
First , the East can respond by boycotting the following
1. Boycott of Lagos Ports for Niger Delta ports,
2. Boycott Lagos Airports for Abuja Airports for international Flights
3. Universities in the South West for Universities in the East and Niger Delta
4. South West Banks like GTB, Wema, First bank, Sterling for Pro East Banks
5. Relocation of the Nollywood back to the East
6. Boycott and putting a cap to patronage of companies that dont have any base in the East ,cadbury, unilever,nestle
7. Trade tax for goods with no manufacturing base in the east
8. boycott of poultry products from the west
9. stoppage of dumping of goods imported from western ports to the east

Pls how soon can you start all these

And most importantly relocate all people of SouthEast origin away from the SW

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Sammy07: 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
raumdeuter:

Pls how soon can you start all these

And most importantly relocate all people of SouthEast origin away from the SW

Ahswear, the guy do not know the joy it'll give to Yorubas....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by raumdeuter: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:
Ahswear, the guy do not know the joy it'll give to Yorubas....

If they decide to leave, I am sure SouthWest govt will provide buses to take them to Onitsha under bridge as soon as possible

OP abeg can you hasten things and start on time

Move all your businesses and people to the East

No one is forcing you to patronize SW products and infrastructures and the earlier you decide to boycott the better

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Sammy07: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
raumdeuter:

If they decide to leave, I am sure SouthWest govt will provide buses to take them to Onitsha under bridge as soon as possible

No one is forcing you to patronize SW products and infrastructures and the earlier you decide to boycott the better

Don't mind them, they are hypocrites.

If northerners issue quit notice, they'll start begging because their income will suffer for it.

If westerners issue quit notice, they'll cry to the FG, they won't go..
The earlier they go, the better.
They should be fast about it self.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by XANDERBOY85: 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
I don’t like these combative type of threads! Actually i’m sick and tired of all this bickering when other countries are aiming for greatness in a peaceful and harmonious environment!

This is why i want separation ASAP!

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by ajayidayo2012: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Then I will tell u that u suffer from grand delusion..because that is simply not true..tell us pls where u arrived at your figure..self delusion and aggrandizement is known to be the hallmark of your tribe..and it militates against your collective progress..
kettykings:

13 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
FlyoruB:

This is true and this thread is another classic example of the delusions of grandeur most Igbos are born with. The topic has been put to bed extensively i.e the fact that Igbos and their States are way behind the Yorubas and SW economically and no threat to them at all. The problem is that we still have the likes of the OP who will remain obsessed with winning pseudo wars against Yorubas daily to assuage their feelings of loss and impotence over the civil war.

Otherwise why this thread suggesting an asinine economic war facts tell us only the Igbos will lose woefully? Some of his talk makes me actually think this guy lives in a cage and has no idea of reality. Is it the many Igbos who now feel more Yoruba than anything else, and will not leave the SW even at gunpoint, who will help OP prosecute this economic war? I laugh at the delusions of this OP.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
ajayidayo2012:
Then I will tell u that u suffer from grand delusion..because that is simply not true..tell us pls where u arrived at your figure..self delusion and aggrandizement is known to be the hallmark of your tribe..and it militates against your collective progress..

Sometimes I feel something is wrong with you, is there any thing that stops you from making your point without neccessary throwing tribal slurs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by NCP: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
We are ready for you. Move outta SW, Okay?

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LZAA: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
mrchineke:

Joker!!! grin

Sad East don LOSE already.

You wan fight your PAPA!

Ask your brothers Lzaa and immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Don't mind them, they are hypocrites.

If northerners issue quit notice, they'll start begging because their income will suffer for it.

If westerners issue quit notice, they'll cry to the FG, they won't go..
The earlier they go, the better.
They should be fast about it self.

Go and check what followed the quick notice, Buhari truncated the quick notice by sending troops to disturb the tranquility of abia state. The quick notice was also served by northerners living in the east and Niger delta and middle belt and they didn't obey it either

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
raumdeuter:

bruv, leave for where? It is OP, perhaps due to living in a Cave, who does not appreciate on ground reality . P-Square et al will leave their Banana Island, VI, Ikoyi and Lagos life to go where? Even forget that level. How about everyday folks? I know an Igbo girl who lives in Lekki with her family and attends Uni in Osun. She was home for the Xmas in Enugu. Poor girl was bored out of her brain and could not wait to get back to Lagos.

I know a wealthy Igbo chap too who has lived all his life in Lagos yet now finds it hectic and is currently building a home in Abeokuta as the place he considers a "dream retirement" abode. Anywhere but the SE for that chap.

So how does OP propose to get Igbos like that, who happen to be the best they have to offer, on board to fight his economic war against the Yorubas? Biafra-obsessed Igbos never work with reality and this is why they are always embarrassing themselves with suggestions their own self-serving people will never go along since this would lead to self-harm for them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by raumdeuter: 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
Oshigun:

bruv, leave for where? It is OP, perhaps due to living in a Cave, who does not appreciate on ground reality . P-Square et al will leave their Banana Island, VI, Ikoyi and Lagos life to go where? Even forget that level. How about everyday folks? I know an Igbo girl who lives in Lekki with her family and attends Uni in Osun. She was home for the Xmas in Enugu. Poor girl was bored out of her brain and could not wait to get back to Lagos.

I know a wealthy Igbo chap too who has lived all his life in Lagos yet now finds it hectic and is currently building a home in Abeokuta as the place he considers a "dream retirement" abode. Anywhere but the SE for that chap.

So how does OP propose to get Igbos like that, who happen to be the best they have to offer, on board to fight his economic war against the Yorubas? Biafra-obsessed Igbos never work with reality and this is why they are always embarrassing themselves with suggestions their own self-serving people will never go along since this would lead to self-harm for them.

We all know they are just throwing tantrums. If SW tell them to leave now, the same OP will join others to wail inconsolably

How many of them can actually survive in their villages

Tell the OP to pack and leave while boycotting all SW businesses then you will see excuses and shalaye upandan

Wey be say if they are not fighting over SW, they are fighting over SS or Abuja and how they are 99% of Kano

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Blackking98(m): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
If you're from the south south gather here let's drink beer and watch them grin
And I on behalf of the south south like how it's going and we do commend both regions for not dragging us into this. You may continue the debate cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by bjnice(m): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
kettykings:

an economic war goes beyond boycotting products, if igbos boycott lagos airport and choose Abuja , they impact will be crushing on lagos airport sustainability , the MMA will go bankrupt

Hmmmm like seriously, MMA will go bankrupt if you guys boycott it abi. Let me answer biko who owns MMA federal or state? So how does shifting from Lagos to Abuja reduce Federal revenue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Senate Officially Confirms Rejecting Magu As EFCC Boss / Islamic Group Attacks Buhari Govt Over Position On Hijab / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.