Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (71290 Views)

How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Viking007(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

MARRIAGES FAIL WHETHER SINGLE MOM OR NOT.

FROM YOUR NOTE I'VE CONCLUDED THAT YOU WERE THE PROBLEM IN YOUR MARRIAGE. THERE'S A CHANCE YOU KEPT DOING THE UNTHINKABLE, EXPECTING HER TO WORSHIP YOU BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IT'S A FAVOUR YOU'RE DOING HER BY BEING WITH HER.

I'M HAPPY FOR HER WHOEVER SHE IS. PEOPLE DESERVE BETTER THAN PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
I 100% agree with you. Dude sounded like he was doing the poor lady a favor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by CAPSLOCKED: 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
AJORE:
bro. Most single mothers don't let go like that especially if the fault is from them. Everyday nagging comparing U with their ex....My dad married a woman for 6years after she went back to her ex.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MARRIED. BUT I'VE BEEN COMPARED WITH EXES SEVERALLY BECAUSE MAKING COMPARISONS IS A HUMAN THING, EXCLUSIVE TO EVERYONE. NOT JUST SINGLE MOMS. EVEN LITTLE CHILDREN COMPARE THINGS, SO COME FORWARD WITH A BETTER POINT.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by PointZerom: 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
stupidity:
grin grin

Here’s my plan. I’ll date you, we’ll have kids and live like married couples. When we get to 60s, 70s, and I discover you are indeed a wife material and you did not mess up, I’ll go pay your bride price and we do our marriage officially. In a grand style. By then sef money go boku. All my friends go don turn politicians and CEOs by then. Enough money to steal and spray at our grand style wedding.

Everywhere good grin

Prepare to face the same fate with your daughters.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:
I tried all I could to save face, just have to end it all after discovering that the single mother I married still contacts her ex regularly...

Despite forgiving her several errors even while we got engaged, she still has the guts under my roof to mess up.

Warning guys, never ever marry a single mother that has been messed up!!!
6 years was messed up!!!
of course she would still contact her ex. They have an unbreakable bond in the form of that child so I don’t know what you were expecting.

To be honest when marrying a single mother, you should make some accommodation for her ex to still be a small part of her life as relates to the child but if they were going beyond that to talk other things repeatedly then you were right to end the marriage.

Generally yeah it’s advisable not to marry a single mother and this is why ladies need to be careful about falling pregnant out of wedlock. Because if the man doesn’t marry you, his presence in your life can seriously complicate your relationship with any man who does marry you.

But them no go hear. :/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by madridguy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
Eyes don clear... When we talk, dey said we're against singles mother mtchew

6 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
PointZerom:

Prepare to face the same fate with your daughters.
and my sons will do same to your daughters
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
kongolo:
Shaking my head at men
They will see a woman with crystal clear red flags,still enter into a romantic relationship with the woman,get burned by thesame woman and start wondering why they got burned.Some of them even transfer the aggression they had for the woman who burned them onto other non-red flag women who had nothing to do with their nasty experience.Thereby,indirectly creating a circle of hurt
u just said the gospel truth baba. There was this lady I dated, we were fond of each other. But.............. when I saw the red flag mehnnn, I started dodging the bullet, she is the type that can fight your siblings. Luckily for me, she got an appointment outside my state. Even before she got the appointment, I hv already made up my mind to quit the shit I called love.

8 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by frozen70(f): 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM YOUR NOTE I'VE CONCLUDED THAT YOU WERE THE PROBLEM IN YOUR MARRIAGE. THERE'S A CHANCE YOU KEPT DOING THE UNTHINKABLE, EXPECTING HER TO WORSHIP YOU BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IT'S A FAVOUR YOU'RE DOING HER BY BEING WITH HER.

You spoke my mind, he must have expecting her to adore him

But if its not working, it's not working

Understanding and compatibility is the key to successful marriage

4 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Suremikky(m): 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
johnkey:
Foolish man. See your face as you be like opor. Na your type dey make girls sleep around because they know there is always one mumu that will put them in his house.

Wetin dis sule dey talk about?..dis early morning you don already smook weed
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Saintmary(f): 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
don89:
That is always the problem with single mothers, they always go back to their baby daddies for sex, because they have shared blood and the blood is running inside them ,making them attracted to their baby daddy.
Didn't anyone tell you that the vagina is a self cleansing organ? After sex, if there is no egg available, the semen dies and is flushed out by the uterus after a maximum of 6 days. Which blood are you sharing?
Ohhhh, now I see why a lot of guys are dispensing their semen all over the place, they thought those women will come back for sex!

5 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by slaypapa: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Single mothers doesn't stay one place oo. They are very experienced when it comes to testing different d*cks.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Saintmary(f): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
don89:
That is always the problem with single mothers, they always go back to their baby daddies for sex, because they have shared blood and the blood is running inside them ,making them attracted to their baby daddy.
Didn't anyone tell you that the vagina is a self cleansing organ? After sex, if there is no egg available, the semen dies and is flushed out by the uterus after a maximum of 6 days. Which blood are you sharing?
Ohhhh, now I see why a lot of guys are dispensing their semen all over the place, they thought those women will come back for sex shocked

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Krisddon: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:
I tried all I could to save face, just have to end it all after discovering that the single mother I married still contacts her ex regularly...

Despite forgiving her several errors even while we got engaged, she still has the guts under my roof to mess up.

6 years was messed up!!!
You would have done that before 31 of last month! Dat sh!t would have ended in 2019! Where were u when we were tipping trash in detty December? undecided
Anyway, hope you retrieved all what you probably gave to her? grin
Welcome to Freetown! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by maynation(f): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CAPSLOCKED

I swear you are a certified mad man. gringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Saintmary(f): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
don89:
Ohhhh, now I see why a lot of guys are dispensing their semen all over the place, they thought those women will come back for sex shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by chronique(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
pocohantas:

Better go and sleep. grin

Na today EXes start to contact each other?

Must it be single moms (or dads)?

As una take dey stereotype and select these days. Na yam una go marry last last.

My dear, almost everyone is the other person's ex and that's not a problem for me. I'm not one who is looking for a virgin. But guess what? I've had my own little issues with single moms. As at last year sef, I was trying to fix something with one and I was almost ready to shoulder her responsibilities with that of the 3 kids. Guess what? Aunty was still using style to see if she and the ex could get back, while still coming with me. Events that played out after I lost my dad and buried him, made me decide it wasn't worth it. I came back from burial and instead of coming to spend time with me, madam asked me to give her one of my cars to use to attend one society birthday party. I just gave an excuse why I couldn't and I stopped going to see her. It was much later during the year while we were discussing something that she made mention of her still hoping she and ex could get back together back then... If I don't get married to someone I like and love, I'd just do baby mama arrangements with someone who wants same and continue living my life in peace. Most single moms are self centered. grin

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by TheRedpillguy: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Smack Smack, kick kick, face slap. Why will u marry a single mother in the first place? You deserve everything that u got. U got served.

7 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Hamzaay(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
stupidity:
yes. And my sons will do same to your daughters

For aslong as ur sons will have a demented thought as their father, my daughters can never b approachable by them.

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by ProtectMyMoney: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

6 years was messed up!!!

If the Ex is the father of her child, don't you think the father of the child will reach out to the child via the mother to know progress of the child?

It is a different case entirely if what you mean by contact her Ex is that they are having sex together.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Daewang: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

It's a wrong reasoning to conclude on what you know nothing about. I did no one favour and never acted like god. Can't you just keep shut if you have nothing to say

You get time to reply am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Wickedtruths: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
The issue with marrying single mothers is just one thing: Loyalty.

While the guy has loyalty to her alone, she has divided loyalty between the children born out of wedlock and sometimes, she foolishly gives part of her loyalty to her ex.

Why should a man suffer divided loyalty when he has the opportunity of getting undivided loyalty from a woman without previous kids?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Toks2008(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

6 years was messed up!!!

Single mums can be the best and can also be very very complicated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Saintmary(f): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
don89:
Didn't anyone tell you that the v!gina is a self cleansing organ? After s3x, if there is no egg available, the s3men dies and is flushed out by the uterus after a maximum of 6 days. Which blood are you sharing?
Ohhhh, now I see why a lot of guys are dispensing their s3men all over the place, they thought those women will come back for s3x shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by MedicH: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Michellekabod2:
[s]the father of a child always want to be involved in the child life. As a man can you forget your kid and dash him to a new family? The problem now is the nature of visit. Because of the bad reputation contacting an ex has,most people contact their exes clandestinely in other not to anger their spouses. The clandestine "meeting" or "calls" or "chat" is suspicious itself. The key to solve this whole single-mum-baby-daddy problem is to let the ex be involved in the "[couple's" and the baby's life.
I mean the ex should be in contact with your family(your wife,the kid and yourself),he should be a family friend so that they will be no need for him to contact her alone. The husband should have a rapport with the baby daddy so the number of times he has to call the wife be reduced. Instead of calling her always to ask if he is ill, he can put you on call at times.
If room is made for him to see his own child once in a while(for example quarterly),whereby his visit is planned and anticipated by the husband and wife,then there will be no room for secret meetings or contacts. [/s]

That said,aside single mums,they are people who establish a soul-tie with someone. For life that bond may never be broken,especially their first love. Men in the 40s,married with kids still remember their teenage first love of decades ago,ladies do the same too

Everything here is plain bullshit.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Slimdada(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Its quite understandable why guys date and marry these white single mother's from Yankee
But why the fvvk would u want to marry a single African mum wey no get money?

Single young sexy ladies don finish??

6 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by CSTR2: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
I can't marry a single mother.
Yes, it is not their fault, and I am sure there are decent single mothers around.

But life is too short to get it complicated.

7 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
I thought we have exhausted this topic on Nairaland...
Single mothers should date single fathers,Widowers or Polygamous guys!!!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by tommy589(m): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

6 years was messed up!!!

Don't fall in love or marry out of pity. I lost ten years of my life acting Dr.Phil. Believing she is going to change if I prove I am different from her previous toxic relationship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by topboss1: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
cococandy:
In contact with the ex who fathered her child or some other ex? What kind of things did they discuss?

Per comments on the post: So, I suppose a single mom should deny the father of her child access to the children in order for the new man to like her? Ever heard of co parenting?

If you have a child and end up not marrying the woman who bore the child , do you deserve to loose that child so that she can move on to the next man? Or is a civil arrangement where you both can have your separate relationships and still be in your child’s life not a good option.

Na una dey do una self..

All this single mother commenting anyhow.

So if we were in a relationship, u will still be going to combo your ex before dropping off the child?

Na only you waka come?

9 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Krisddon: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:

BroZ, no matter how sweet your gbola is, someone who is messed up will always mess up. Never should any guy think he is going to make any messed up woman change and behave better!!!
Gadammit! Aswearagad! Yuoa on point!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by oloriLFC(f): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Angelfrost:
Once again, you guys have started this lumping of individuals in the same negative group... How does marrying a single mother always amount to heartbreaks??! What makes you so sure or certain that single ladies without kids are more likely to be faithful??!...

Now, someone dating a single mum will start having suspicions and second thoughts for no reason whatsoever... This is why I speak against stereotypes and cliches...

too many young boys with phones and data here. What do you expect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by TheRedpillguy: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Michellekabod2:
the father of a child always want to be involved in the child life. As a man can you forget your kid and dash him to a new family? The problem now is the nature of visit. Because of the bad reputation contacting an ex has,most people contact their exes clandestinely in other not to anger their spouses. The clandestine "meeting" or "calls" or "chat" is suspicious itself. The key to solve this whole single-mum-baby-daddy problem is to let the ex be involved in the "[couple's" and the baby's life.
I mean the ex should be in contact with your family(your wife,the kid and yourself),he should be a family friend so that they will be no need for him to contact her alone. The husband should have a rapport with the baby daddy so the number of times he has to call the wife be reduced. Instead of calling her always to ask if he is ill, he can put you on call at times.
If room is made for him to see his own child once in a while(for example quarterly),whereby his visit is planned and anticipated by the husband and wife,then there will be no room for secret meetings or contacts.

That said,aside single mums,they are people who establish a soul-tie with someone. For life that bond may never be broken,especially their first love. Men in the 40s,married with kids still remember their teenage first love of decades ago,ladies do the same too
More reason not to marry. Especially if the body counts is high. Why tolerate all this BS?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Husband Faints In Labour Room / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing / Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.