Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (71424 Views)

How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by henryobinna(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Swinger60:
Not fair you are generalizing, some one close to me ended her marriage this Jan. She is the best woman any one can have, unfortunately she married a man that was raised wrongly.

Imagine her husband beating her because she came back, and, saw her husband's weed he poured inside their plate, and, she threw it away. This marriage already had 3kids, even if the man smokes, does he have to flaunt before and kids.

I encouraged her to arrest him after hitting her, she did, and the man was detained, he didn't show any remorse afterwards, rather, he was threatening her with divorce, I told her is time she move on, and she did.

And before this last incident, Her 9years marriage has been 9years of domestic violence.

Now, tell me, didn't she deserve a second chance of remarrying?
sorry for her but well, when you marry a weed smoker, expect everything both good and bad.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hamzaay:

For aslong as ur sons will have a demented thought as their father, my daughters can never b approachable by them.
lol. Until then. I guess you’ll follow them around and put a padlock on their waist. grin
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by TheRedpillguy: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Slimdada:
Its quite understandable why guys date and marry these white single mother's from Yankee
But why the fvvk would u want to marry a single African mum wey no get money?

Single young sexy ladies don finish??
The thirst is real

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by luluosas(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
You make the greatest mistake by marrying her. You would have simply asked her to reconcile with her ex husband. Divorce has no place in God's holy standard for marriage
streetsoldier1:
I tried all I could to save face, just have to end it all after discovering that the single mother I married still contacts her ex regularly...

Despite forgiving her several errors even while we got engaged, she still has the guts under my roof to mess up.

Warning guys, never ever marry a single mother that has been messed up!!!
6 years was messed up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Cousin9999: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
That's why some people avoid single parents. There's this idea that ultimately they want to be with the ex and have a family.

I say it depends on the person and circumstances. This woman clearly never moved on, and I doubt that wasn't obvious. When you see the signs, leave them.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by TheRedpillguy: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Saintmary:

Did you end your marriage based on facts and evidence or on suspicion?
What did she do with her ex?
You gave us so little information to go on
From your post even a child can deduce that you judge your wife because she is a single mother.
Yes she is a single mother. Judgment passed and rightly so.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by YeyeBoyfriend: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Ebenezar2020(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
obowunmi:

There's NO SUCH thing as God's will.
sorry pagan that post wasn't meant for you.

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Saintmary:

Beware of baby daddies and divorced men, Nigerian women can endure bad marriages, why did their women run away?
Single mum should stick with thier types...
Single Dads, Widowers and Polygamous men are available for them..

Stop complicating life of a fresh young guy with your baggages!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Swinger60(f): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
isthatso:

Yes to a fool! In life you make bad choices and there are consequences. I am sure she ignored the warning signs in that man before she married him.

Men and women should think wisely before they marry in the 1st place as the consequences for a failed marraige are often life changing! marriage is about character, compatibility and respect and less about "I'm in love"!!

A marraige is a life sentence, for good or for bad....If a man of woman is showing some bad signs before you marry...walk away because it will come back to bite you!!!
Uncle, I use to believe that people are usually responsible for some fate that befalls them, but, now, I know it's not always true.

If you are Guy, you will agree with me that when it comes bad habits like smoking, most men hide it from thier women till they marry them.

You sound like "Mr knows it all and can never make mistake", and, I pray life always appear for you the way you want it.

And, I'm also glad you are just human and your power about things of life it's limited. If not, you would have denied all single mothers second chance of being happy, if possible, you may even have them sentenced to death because they couldn't put up with thier toxic marriage.

Last word, it's easier for us to judge others, till happens to us or anyone close to us.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by seunfly: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Swinger60:
Not fair you are generalizing, some one close to me ended her marriage this Jan. She is the best woman any one can have, unfortunately she married a man that was raised wrongly.

Imagine her husband beating her because she came back, and, saw her husband's weed he poured inside their plate, and, she threw it away. This marriage already had 3kids, even if the man smokes, does he have to flaunt before and kids.

I encouraged her to arrest him after hitting her, she did, and the man was detained, he didn't show any remorse afterwards, rather, he was threatening her with divorce, I told her is time she move on, and she did.

And before this last incident, Her 9years marriage has been 9years of domestic violence.

That scenerio you painted is the major issue, she can't behave very well to the new husband because she has been damaged by the irresponsible ex.

By the way, why do people marry wrong fellow, do they always get carried away by the wrong things which makes them over look the right things.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Lol, if you like take forever, marriage wey go Bleep you up will Bleep you up. Just hope for the best while you use your brain.
Lol nor be lie.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nnemuka:
She made a huge mistake marrying you undecided
which one is "the single mother I married "

you thought you were doing her a favor, so she should worship you and condone all your controlling attitudes.
Go and sit down, she should be grateful it ended.

so many women marry single dads, likewise so many men marry single moms and they still live happily while you are here criticizing them.

oga move on, that it didn't work for you doesn't mean it wont work for others
You have never seen single mum jubilation for getting a young fresh guy??

My question is, why can't they go after single daddies and Widowerz, who are on similar path with them??

It is not her fault... I will blame the Op for dating her!!

4 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by sharone21(f): 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Why didn't she marry her ex or stay put with her ex if he was SO GOOD?
The mistake single mums do, losing at both ends...why is the ex also not allowing his precious marriage suffer because of 'your wife?'
As a single mum and u marry, CUT OFF from your ex if possible....but many want to eat from both sides in the name of training kids together....OR they are not so sure of their place in marriage and trying to have insurance incase it crashes.
Was she married to her ex before or just have a child? Do you both have kids together?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Ladycewhy(f): 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
I am assuming the ex in question is her baby daddy, was she supposed to cut ties with the father of her child ? Was the man in question supposed to forget his child for you?

If you want to know the pros and cons of this baby mama baby daddy thing study the African american society . Anyway,i too avoid baby daddies like a plague so i wont tell you what to do but you should have anticipated that they will still keep in touch cos there is a child involved except the said ex is not the one she has a child for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
oloriLFC:
That's not true. My son is 14 years, haven't seen his dad since he was 9 and I don't contact him too. He is not doing anything for the boy despite the fact that my family didn't put any pressure on him. I am happy with my man and our son now and I hope we last forever. I dont have any cause to be in contact with my ex. He is past tense
Your case is different!!!

You probably had your son as a teenager!!

We are talking about someone that was married, broke up with the husband or probably divorced...

And still expect a relationship with another fresh young guy, only to disappoint him badly!!!

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by madridsta007(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
streetsoldier1:
I tried all I could to save face, just have to end it all after discovering that the single mother I married still contacts her ex regularly...

Despite forgiving her several errors even while we got engaged, she still has the guts under my roof to mess up.

Warning guys, never ever marry a single mother that has been messed up!!!
6 years was messed up!!!

There are two kind of persons that, if you do not want to fool yourself, you should generally stay away from as a bachelor;

1. Single Mothers.
2. Girls raised by Single-Mothers.

Unless the Holy Spirit has convicted them and they are given into God's plan for marriage, these ones are so independently-minded that yourself and/or the relationship is just a convenient afterthought for them. The single-mother invests her time and care into her child, unless you quickly have children with her. The lady raised by a single mother sees single-motherhood as normalised part of adulthood; she will dump you halfway, opt to be alone after every small quarrel because that is what she has seen as normal in her growing up.

Single mothers are usually honest. They will tell you, “my child comes first”. You will go into the relationship thinking less about what that means. Lol, by the time she shows you what she means, you’ll be complaining.
But hey, she warned you.

Generally, these are the issues one faces dating these two classes of individuals. And it is not their fault. The system which they have seen as normal is to be blamed. There are the outliers though, but they are few and far between. Hence the first condition I mentioned.

However, this is now your wife. Divorce is never the answer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nnemuka(f): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
eni4real:
You have never seen single mum jubilation for getting a young fresh guy??

My question is, why can't they go after single daddies and Widowerz, who are on similar path with them??

It is not her fault... I will blame the Op for dating her!!
Everybody deserves to be loved.
single dad, single moms, widowers, widows etc

You don't tell the heart whom to love, we find love in very strange places so pls don't expect people to go after their "kind" before they can find love.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Abfinest007(m): 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
so u start
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by lucky4west: 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
sorry bro but not all single mum will behave like this...u got the wrong one, better luck next time
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Saintmary(f): 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
TheRedpillguy:

Yes she is a single mother. Judgment passed and rightly so.
We know you are only trying to console your friend. He will be the one to sleep alone tonight. Not you.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by recentelder(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
It is quite painful.
Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by chronique(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
TheRedpillguy:
Smack Smack, kick kick, face slap. Why will u marry a single mother in the first place? You deserve everything that u got. U got served.

I don't think it is wrong to marry a single mom cos honestly, there are some who are worth wifing. The problem is how does the lady herself carry on? Does she understand the complexities of the relationship and is she able to set reasonable boundaries? Some ladies are weak and just 30 mins alone with their ex, pants and bra go done off, forgetting that they are already married to someone else.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Duru009(m): 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
Honestly, 98% of single mama I know are hoes. Thy can't stay with one man no matter what !

Take it or leave it ....

Only time will certainly tell

3 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nnemuka:

Everybody deserves to be loved.
single dad, single moms, widowers, widows etc

You don't tell the heart whom to love, we find love in very strange places so pls don't expect people to go after their "kind" before they can find love.
There is no strange place anywhere!!!

A young guy starting off his life should not start with the burden of dating single mums!!! Especially the one that was previously married and divorced!!!

Single mum should do hustling young unmarried Nigerian guys some favour, they should avoid them the same way an average lady will avoid a broke guy!!!

They should maintain that standard!!!

Single Dads, Widowers and Polygamous men are out their looking for 'mature' ladies to date/marry!!!

Na beg I dey beg!!!

9 Likes

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by TheRedpillguy: 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Swinger60:

Nope! Definitely and Absolutely No except she is paying. The best woman anyone can have(this is non existing) you forgot to mention wea she talked with her husband b4 throwing his weed away.(controlling) she is also frnds with U. U that ur best solution is getting people in prison. Women act aggressively and get surprise when thy meet repercussions and go ahead and scream abuse. Incase you keep putting ppl in prison know that a person can kill u from prison without a trace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by cococandy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Who’s talking about combo (whatever that means)
Single parents have to share their child and because of that they can never truly be out of each other’s lives.

Parenting doesn’t have to be weird unless the adults make it weird
topboss1:

All this single mother commenting anyhow.

So if we were in a relationship, u will still be going to combo your ex before dropping off the child?

Na only you waka come?

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
thorpido:
Marriages fail even when she is not a single mother.
The key is not to rush into marriage but study each other very well while dating and see that you can really work together and there are no baggages.
A lot of single mothers will really try to make the marriage work with the benefit of hindsight.This one just didn't work.

Fantastic take from you! Awesomely fantastic!

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Swinger60(f): 1:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
seunfly:

That scenerior you painted is the major issue, she can't behave very well to the new husband because she has been damaged by the irresponsible ex.

By the way, why do people marry wrong fellow, do they always get carried away by the wrong things which makes them over look the right things.
Somehow, you first line made me understand. Yes, they may be damaged, and, still not everyone of them. But, not that they don't deserve second chance of remarrying. Let them decide that themselves.

For me, if anything happens that I get married and later separate, heavens will bear me witness, I WILL NEVER EVER REMARRY. I rock my singleness till I die.

As for the last question you ask, no one can explain that, like the example I gave above, no one will ever believe that the guy will ever be doing weeds, he hid so perfectly for us and his wife.

Some things are beyond explanation in this life abeg.

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by Nnemuka(f): 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
eni4real:
There is no strange place anywhere!!!

A young guy starting off his life should not start with the burden of dating single mums!!! Especially the one that was previously married and divorced!!!

Single mum should do hustling young unmarried Nigerian guys some favour, they should avoid them the same way an average lady will avoid a broke guy!!!

They should maintain that standard!!!

Single Dads, Widowers and Polygamous men are out their looking 'mature' ladies to date/marry!!!

Na beg I dey beg!!!

Nobody forced him to go after the single mum, he saw, dated and MARRIED her with clear eyes.
You don't tell people whom to love and marry, adults make choices by themselves.

You should make your own choice

1 Like

Re: I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly by TheRedpillguy: 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
chronique:

I don't think it is wrong to marry a single mom cos honestly, there are some who are worth wifing. The problem is how does the lady herself carry on? Does she understand the complexities of the relationship and is she able to set reasonable boundaries? Some ladies are weak and just 30 mins alone with their ex, pants and bra go done off, forgetting that they are already married to someone else.
See? This is more problem that you should not be worrying about just ignore single mothers and all this wouldn't be a problem. Somebody married a single mother look how it turn out. Anybody with single mother successful marriage? Please step up and share your story. How rasing basterds have changed ur life. Come on.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. / Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.