Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol (41726 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Btruth: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Lol...hahaha see dis onuku...who is been hypocritical I drink alcohol but I can count hw often I take it in a year.. In a year its not up to seven and not more than two bottles that is if its alcohol, any other liquor I handle it well cos I knw hw I take it..all to just b health conscious.
so who told you that it's only alcohol that causes renal failure? You need to be well informed. Most of the foods we eat these days damages the body more.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Pat081: 10:36am On Jan 12, 2020
If we dnt buy it or drink it how are they going to sell and take care of dia famliy and love ones
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by OyinO: 10:37am On Jan 12, 2020
Your Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Islam and Judaism have all expired. They have nothing to offer than HATRED, DIVISION AND VIOLENCE. They have nothing to tell the enlightened African. Alcohol is bad but your God created it naturally for what? Yet, all things created by your dumb God was good in his sight. So why is alcohol consumption a bad habit or sin?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Pedrotina11: 10:41am On Jan 12, 2020
Btruth:
so who told you that it's only alcohol that causes renal failure? You need to be well informed. Most of the foods we eat these days damages the body more.

So if u knw most of the foods we eat are kidney killers, we can't help but eat them cos they are wat we have so y stress the kidney by consuming alcohol...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by yeyeosoronga: 10:42am On Jan 12, 2020
Moderation is key

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Orterzulum(m): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2020
We all know that everything has advantage and disadvantage, we that formed the habit of drinking alcoholic drink, there's going to be an end to it one very good day .
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Pedrotina11: 10:43am On Jan 12, 2020
demoBaba:

Something must kill a man, one of my uncle haven't taste alcohol since he was born, but gone due to kidney problem.

Something must kill a man yes Dnt let something u can do without kill u..for ur uncle yes it's possible cos most of the food we eat are kidney killers so y stress the kidney by consuming daliy alcohol...think abt it...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by OyinO: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2020
ojoronopay:
Constant and heavy consumption of alcohol is bad and there is no doubt about that, and the addiction is high but in some cases one or two bottles Una while won't do any harm so help me God.

Glad I'm no longer an addict, this has saved me money and decency!

Huawei MTN 4G mifi still available. Unlocked and hacked to work with all Nigeria SIM
Lagos only
call: 081 553 25 936

Is bad for medical reasons such as causing liver problems. But not bad for any sane religious reasons. Even God drinks wine. It's in your book called Bible.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by OyinO: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2020
Most Christians believe that, drinking alcohol is a sin and therefore, it should be avoided. Whereas,taking alcohol was never a sin in the Bible, even Jesus Christ, turned ordinary water, to wine at the wedding feast, that took place in the Bible.
Where do Christians see all this believe? God created palm trees,so that human kind can tap palm wine from it, for the benefit of the body. Is palm wine not alcoholic? Have you never tasted palm wine before? Didn't you like the taste when you tasted it?
The Bible says in, 1st Timothy 5v23 "drink no longer water, use a little wine for thy stomach's benefit and thine often infirmities"
Also, the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 9v7 "Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy and drink thy wine
With a merry heart, for God now accept thy work". Another scripture to back it up is John 2v9 "When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was, the governor of the feast called the bridegroom".
Aside the Bible, alcohol has a lot of benefits for human beings' health.
I hope, you won't join in the believe that, any righteous person won't take alcohol. Because, taking alcoholic wine is never a sin.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by NawtyC001(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2020
The write up too childish for me oo.
Lemme say "the points are pointless'
Drinking is not bad,but been drunk,like to stupor,even without Bible backup is too badddd
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 10:55am On Jan 12, 2020
Eating food is not sinful. However, It is sinful when it becomes abused(gluttony)

Having sex is not sinful. However, It is sinful when it becomes abused. (Outside marriage) i.e adultery/fornication

Drinking is not sinful. However it is sinful when it becomes abused. (Drunkenness)

The op doesn’t even understand the religion he claims to belong to. And what that religion stands for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tete7000(m): 10:59am On Jan 12, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/7-reasons-why-every-christian-must-stop-drinking-alcohol/

Did Jesus drink? Only a proper answer to this question put all these trivial arguments to rest. I wait for your answer.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2020
no go church..be here spewing trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2020
tete7000:

Did Jesus drink?
why won’t Jesus drink. He drank! Well! Azin well!

But he obviously wasn’t a drunk. (Exactly how Christians should drink)
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tete7000(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
why won’t Jesus drink. He drank! Well! Azin well!

But he obviously wasn’t a drunk. (Exactly how Christians should drink)

The question was meant for OP, not you. And why are you obsessed with Chelsea downfall
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2020
tete7000:

The question was meant for OP, not you. And why are you obsessed with Chelsea downfall
no vess. But the op will start telling you how Jesus drank “non alcoholic alcohol”.

Chelsea has actually never been “up” per se. Their fans are obsessed with noise making. Let’s just call this, my natural reaction
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tete7000(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
no vess

Not at all, but you haven't answered my question... Your moniker, wetin Chelsea do you?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2020
tete7000:

Not at all, but you haven't answered my question... Your moniker, wetin Chelsea do you?
I know a lot of big clubs. Chelsea is the smallest of them all. But our bus stops and parks and markets don’t tell the same tale
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tete7000(m): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
I know a lot of big clubs. Chelsea is the smallest of them all. But all bus stops and parks don’t tell the same tale

Na wa for you o... You never say wetin the club do you...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Halo22: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2020
Even though people have some weaknesses when they absorb liquor, but all the weaknesses are not same. For example, I can't think evil after drinking rather I become happier and next would be to pick up my phone and halla my bae to be seeing her beautiful face..... If u are thinking any other thing, that one Na ur business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 11:09am On Jan 12, 2020
tete7000:

Na wa for you o... You never say wetin the club do you...
nothing. Not that they can do me anything tho.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by BabaO2: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/7-reasons-why-every-christian-must-stop-drinking-alcohol/
You shouldn't have brought this up at all. Honestly I wanted to settle down and read your advice against alcohol, but was totally put off by your first point.
If alcohol could prevent illness why stop taking it?
If alcohol has same effect with drugs, why you as a Christian taking drugs in place of alcohol? This is a synonymous comment you just made of alcohol and drugs.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tete7000(m): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
nothing. Not that they can do me anything tho.

Which club do you support?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 11:17am On Jan 12, 2020
tete7000:

Which club do you support?
aston villa. 2 ucl winner.

I’m also a fan of massively great entities like Real madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Benfica, Ajax, Liverpool, Fc porto, Juventus, Bayern munich. Non of which has been matched by chelsea in terms of stature and greatness
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by jaksmillioniar: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Holy cominoun you drink hope you no is alcoholic
I sware dis guy u are too daft.try get sence dis new year
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by TheSourcerer: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2020
nomenclature:
Come and beat me,I am in my house
neeeeeat !
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Kuginzi: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2020
How does that affect me?

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tete7000(m): 11:28am On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
aston villa. 2 ucl winner.

I’m also a fan of massively great entities like Real madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Benfica, Ajax, Liverpool, Fc porto, Juventus, Bayern munich. Non of which has been matched by chelsea in terms of stature and greatness

You too much... Happy Sunday
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2020
Me and my baby girl alcohol can't never separate...she's always there for me in times of tension, sadness and stress.

She makes me see the world for what it is

Tho I cheat on her sometimes with her cousin weed cool
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by uwelaa(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2020
Thank you very much, for the enlightenment
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 12, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Show us the bible verse that says "thou shall not drink wine"

Just because people abuse alcohol doesn't mean people shouldn't drink.

Gluttony is one if the seven deadly sins, does this mean you shouldn't eat ? undecided. You puritans should swerve abeg

It's in the Bible o. Google it
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by ogawisdom(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2020
Is it your mouth I am using to take it angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Meet Pastor Joshua Momodu: "A Witch Visited My House As Bat" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.