Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee (44113 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix / The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Your words here are not applicable to the argument at hand thus make no sense.

Whether I believe man was made from the earth or not should not be your concern. Focus on the lecture at hand

....he’s loosing the argument so he decided to play the usual logic card common with all atheist...”the not so logical explanation of the Bible about creation based on faith”......that’s their only table of scoring point...because using science always ends up pointing to the existence of an force that wasn’t created by anyone
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:
No...

Senate sets up committee on brain freezing and immortality headed by Alhaji umaru Tanko

You are wicked!!! Lol

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by PotatoSalad(m): 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
IME1:
I served in Sokoto State many years ago and it was an awesome experience
Used an open air bathroom and toilet all through grin
Slept on floor, ok the mattress was that flat, all through lipsrsealed
Had little knowledge of the language or terrain
Experienced sand storm twice
Experienced terrible cold and heat, brokenness and hunger, alone and typhoid
But in all these when the time came to go, I packed my bags and bade my lovely city goodbye

No matter how much I loved my time there, I had to move on.
Even if I go there now it won't be the same because the good friends, employers, colleagues, churchmates and neighbours and yes henemies I shared that time and experience with are no longer there
It would be for me like a stranger in Moscow

At my age now, at times 2 the number now with a decade toppings, why will I want to still press to live longer than God wills? Who will be with me then? My great great great grandchildren abi? Their parents and grant parents and great grand parents? Abi lalasticlala or little Emmanuela

My grandfather would have been 98 this year but before he died he told me that he felt like there was no one for him to gist with because most of his age mates and contemporaries had passed. When he became ill, he asked that we let him go and not spend on unnecessary medical tourism. This was a man that had travelled far and wide and had great great grand children and everything he wanted.

So if a Russian is frozen in 2020 with all the things going on now, when he wakes up in 2222 or let me not exaggerate, 2099 or 2100, what would he want to do?

It's the same way I find it had to follow most contemporary songs, I still dance to my 70s, 80s, 90s jamz then by 2100 you would want me to dance to what now? talk about what now? Live with who now? Work which work?

I beg shift... make them go look for solution to, I mean permanent solutions to asthma, epilepsy, AIDS, cancer, hepatitis series, sickle cell anaemia, dementia, down syndrome and other things that are plaguing the NOW world please, I beg, please

Imagine technology in 2222.
I'd pay for this if it's possible to revive the brain in the future.
Sit down for a moment and think about the insane technologies of the future. When I say future, I nean the next 50 years. Not to think of 2222.

I know I'll not live to see 2100, but if I'll do anything to see that, I'd do it—for science smiley

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
27Pushing30:

You’re the one who brought the analogy of Robots and humans

Think of an analogy that gives ANY credence to the existence of a God.

My analogy of a creator who makes his creation in the context of God to man and Man to robot is very valid unlike yours which has simply been either strawmen or attempts at goal post shifting.

I chose to be very elementary in my discussion with you does not mean I do not know how to turn up the heat. Getting you to understand is my aim and not big grammar

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by PotatoSalad(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Lol.. Know the difference between heart and breath.. I wont argue with you.. When you say heart transplant, was the heart transplanted to a dead body and the dead body became alive again? The heart pumps blood to the body but it needs life to pump the blood.. Another question, can a scientist give life to a dead heart? Don't be blinded by science.. Only God gives lives.

If you like transplant a whole human inside a dead body if God does not give that life, that dead body would remain dead...

#Its a privilege to know God man!!
Know when to use religion and when to use science. That's the only thing preventing Africa from developing.
Anything you can think of is possible, maybe not now, but it eventually will be.
You need to read recent science and technology articles to see wonders that are being achieved by science
Don't be shallow minded
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Roon9(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
Groovy1993:
This is a perfect example of 419.
Advance fee fraud.
It's impossible to collect refund because you will be DEAD.

Long term mmm!!!
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by bigiyaro(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
lol, when black boys tot they have advanced the art of scamming with yahoo+ the original lords of scam, have upped the game.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by bigiyaro(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
lol, when black boys tot they have advanced the art of scamming with yahoo+ the original lords of scam, have upped the game, they can also save ur blockus for use when u come back in the next life.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Lol.. Know the difference between heart and breath.. I wont argue with you.. When you say heart transplant, was the heart transplanted to a dead body and the dead body became alive again? The heart pumps blood to the body but it needs life to pump the blood.. Another question, can a scientist give life to a dead heart? Don't be blinded by science.. Only God gives lives.

If you like transplant a whole human inside a dead body if God does not give that life, that dead body would remain dead...

#Its a privilege to know God man!!

This life is in stages and science itself is a development in process. I’m not saying they have been able to give life to human as of now but I’m telling you they are improving and there is hope that one day they will eventually give life.

They were able to synthesize the heart as of now, in the future they can be able to synthesize all organs of the body and get the right process to couple them together to give breath.

Nothing is impossible and don’t be blinded by loyalty towards religion.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sanemind2(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
yahoosurepass:

fraudster sad angry
Karma you will get no doubt
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by atheistandproud(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
TheEnygma:
Hypothetically If the brain can be transplanted into a Biological or Mechanical body....Immortality can be achieved.

Yes exactly. That's what they're working on.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Like I said, a robot only gives what has already been put into it.

No robot can love, hate, lust, be happy, etc because it lacks the ability to do so. Thus learning is not within it's scope of ability. It only does what it is programmed to do.

Try not to be too confused with this

This is not true. There are some robots that are embedded with machine learning such that they can train themselves and learn their surrounding by inferring from their earlier knowledge.

Don’t argue with me coz I know what I’m saying.

You’re right about robot not yet having emotions, but that can be possible in the future and you don’t need to rule out the possibility.

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by atheistandproud(m): 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
fabienjoe:

.....and that's quite some challenge....

Watch as they surpass it. Na only time e go take. The general consensus is either to grow cloned human bodies or create cyborgs (fully mechanical bodies) like Alita.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by atheistandproud(m): 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

This is not true. There are some robots that are embedded with machine learning such that they can train themselves and learn their surrounding by inferring from their earlier knowledge.

You’re right about robot not yet having emotions, but that can be possible in the future and you don’t need to rule out the possibility.

Even our phones have machine learning. They learn and adjust to our usage patterns.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Firstandonly(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
Frankyboy1:
The headline is not inline with the article! You can not preserve the spirit of man, so you can never guarantee immortality, na there God use senior man, d day humans can ensure immortality, then they have given credence to atheism, and validate their claim!
I don't forget the part of Bible where talk am, but in the Antichrist days men will look for death and there will be no more death and also the Antichrist had the power to give live.....news like this shows that we are closer to the last days it doesn't mean the atheist are correct

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Fivepercent: 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
Lol...i read 'immorality' that's why i got here
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Know when to use religion and when to use science. That's the only thing preventing Africa from developing.
Anything you can think of is possible, maybe not now, but it eventually will be.
You need to read recent science and technology articles to see wonders that are being achieved by science
Don't be shallow minded

Guy give me only one example with proof where any scientist have given life to any dead creature or created any living being(be it animal or human) and I would denounce my religion instantly.. The way some of you resean ehn! Do you know what and what makes up a human being? If you did, you wouldn't be arguing over something you don't know anything about..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

This life is in stages and science itself is a development in process. I’m not saying they have been able to give life to human as of now but I’m telling you they are improving and there is hope that one day they will eventually give life.

They were able to synthesize the heart as of now, in the future they can be able to synthesize all organs of the body and get the right process to couple them together to give breath.

Nothing is impossible and don’t be blinded by loyalty towards religion.

I hardly argue with your type especially on forum like this where I can't use voice recordings to explain at length.. If you even know the meaning of synthesizing all organs of the body you wouldn't have used it.. See ehn believe what you want to believe.. I'm tired of typing already..

Btw I would rather be blinded by my religion anyday anytime than by science..

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kimlee3(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
The beauty of science, always unraveling things
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
atheistandproud:

Even our phones have machine learning. They learn and adjust to our usage patterns.

I did a research during my masters degree here where I develop a system that analyze gait speed in adult and can predict when they are going to fall.

That system was built to infer knowledge from its previous coding such I don’t need to input all the object descriptions in the DB coz the systems recognize them by using its past learning.

If someone like me can achieve that basic level of machine learning, what about the scientist that have more exposure to all these things.

That’s why I told him it’s 100% possible.

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Which hope?? Doesn’t get me wrong I’m not saying it’s wrong to hope......but please what premise are u drawing this hope from....
do not confuse engineering and computer science that is easily modeled based on algorithms and mathematical calculation following the simple principles and law to arrive at what u want.....
Havent u ever wondered why advancement in engineering and computer isn’t comparable with the slow development and n biology and medical science..

It’s because Biology is horrible, it’s on autopilot to make matters worse....u can’t just model it or nick a strand of DNA and automatically know what the outcome will be

..ordinary antibiotic discovered by Alexander Fleming over 50yrs ago has only led to the development of tougher microbes now more difficult to cure..we don’t really have good cure devoid of development of resistance
.. we haven’t cracked cancer, arthritis, diabetes, HIV....there’s no single drug designed that doesn’t have side effects on the long run....and u want to jump to giving life...that’s a huge jump from not being able to cure ordinary bacterial infection effectively

Is like saying Nigeria will land on the moon soon, what’s the basis of this assumed “soon”. ??

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Which hope?? Doesn’t get me wrong I’m not saying it’s wrong to hope......but please what premise are u drawing this hope from....
do not confuse engineering and computer science that is easily modeled based on algorithms and mathematical calculation following the simple principles and law to arrive at what u want.....
Havent u ever wondered why advancement in engineering and computer isn’t comparable with the slow development and n biology and medical science..

It’s because Biology is horrible, it’s on autopilot to make matters worse....u can’t just model it or nick a strand of DNA and automatically know what the outcome will be

..ordinary antibiotic discovered by Alexander Fleming over 50yrs ago has only led to the development of tougher microbes now more difficult to cure..we don’t really have good cure devoid of development of resistance
.. we haven’t cracked cancer, arthritis, diabetes, HIV....there’s no single drug designed that doesn’t have side effects on the long run....and u want to jump to giving life...that’s a huge jump from not being able to cure ordinary bacterial infection effectively

Is like saying Nigeria will land on the moon soon, what’s the basis of this assumed “soon”. ??

Thumbs up.. I mean!! How can people not know the difference between life as in breath and science?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Development need not be tied towards a timeline. What you said here is also a proof that somewhere within your heart you know this is possible but the question is when?

Even if science progress in Biology/Medicine always advance at a snail speed, there is still possibility that in the year 3000, they might eventually be able to replicate life.

Hope is alive!

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

I hardly argue with your type especially on forum like this where I can't use voice recordings to explain at length.. If you even know the meaning of synthesizing all organs of the body you wouldn't have used it.. See ehn believe what you want to believe.. I'm tired of typing already..

The dude is an ass licker of white men tech..Blackman is too wowed by planes, PlayStation and telephone .
they all think advancement in engineering and computer that is easily modeled and designed based and algorithms and mathematics is the same thing with biology that’s on auto pilot.....

Organic systems!!! Very annoying...ordinary molecular cell level research won’t turn out as u want let alone organ level that monitoring isn’t as perfect as cell level

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Development need not be tied towards a timeline. What you said here is also a proof that somewhere within your heart you know this is possible but the question is when?

Even if science progress in Biology/Medicine always advance at a snail speed, there is still possibility that in the year 3000, they might eventually be able to replicate life.

Hope is alive!

This guy!! Why can't you just learn!! Replicate human parts or replicate life as in breath? Are you sure u know the difference between the two?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by luluosas(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
The technology behind life and death only resides with God Almighty. Science and technology can only try, BUT THEY CAN NEVER SUCCEED TO CREATE A SOUL.

Valeriya Udalova, KrioRus’s director who got her dog frozen when it died in 2008, said it is likely that humankind will develop the technology to revive dead people in the future, but that there is no guarantee of such technology
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
1StopRudeness:

The dude is an ass licker of white men tech..Blackman is too wowed by planes, PlayStation and telephone .
they all think advancement in engineering and computer that is easily modeled and designed based and algorithms and mathematics is the same thing with biology that’s on auto pilot.....

Organic systems!!! Very annoying...ordinary molecular cell level research won’t turn out as u want let alone organ level that monitoring isn’t as perfect as cell level

As in even though they are able to replicate all the cells of a human which is not possible, can they replicate the breath which is the most important thing? Some people can believe anything sha..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
See advance scam! grin
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Btw I would rather be blinded by my religion anyday anytime than by science..

Well I’m not an atheist. I’m a Muslim but I always make sure my views are not limited by religion.

Go and start reading about the breakthrough in science so you can understand that impossibility is not part of science.

The main issue is when will they achieve that? 1000 or 5000 years from now?

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

You are repeating what I said. Read your own post again

There are some robots that are embedded with machine learning such that they can train themselves and learn their surrounding by inferring from their earlier knowledge

You can clearly see that the machine learning tool they possess are what they came preprogrammed with and not something they developed overtime.

I repeat, a robot can only function within the parameters of it's programming. Still confused? If you are then know that your own words explained to you already even if you cannot see it

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Impossible
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Bossnetwork: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Fraud

Don't forget MMM also came from Russia,promising to make everyone on earth RICH.

BLOODY COUNTRY��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr / World's Last Male White Rhino Dies / Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.