Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Limits And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Limits And Relationships (6661 Views)

Poll: If you support LIMITATIONS..what should be limited in your relationship?

SEX: 9% (15 votes)
MONEY: 6% (11 votes)
FAMILY INTERFERENCES: 52% (87 votes)
FRIENDS/SOCIALIZATION/GOING OUT: 8% (14 votes)
AFFECTIONS: 0% (1 vote)
PHONE CALLS/CARDS/GIFTS: 3% (5 votes)
CHILDREN/FAMILY PLANNING: 4% (8 votes)
MATERIAL THINGS: 15% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limits And Relationships by Tolulop001(f): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
buzugee:

mayne, yall are a bunch of wacked out lunatics. why complain to me if you dont want me to fix the issue ? what do i look like ? a punching bag ? just unleash on me while i sit down and take it all in without doing nothing ? mayne, yall is some crazy mahfukaz.  grin i have a better solution for you. buy a cat and then tell your cat all your woes. the cat will simply stare at you and after your rant, he is off to look for mice to snack on.

guyyyyy ur missing the point! i just wanna whine and have u rub ma back and tell me sweet things!

not jump in like your Superman - which your NOT!!!

BTW i hate cats ugh! angry
Re: Limits And Relationships by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
Tolulop001:

guyyyyy your missing the point! i just wanna whine and have u rub ma back and tell me sweet things!

not jump in like your Superman - which your NOT!!!

BTW i hate cats ugh! angry
i think you are in the business of emasculating your man. you guys ask too much of men. that is why half the men around today are confused. dont tell your man your problems if you just want him to solve it. men are 'doers' . we dont wanna sit down and listen to you whine all day long about trivial stuff if you dont need us to solve it. that is why you need girlfriends. you gotta meet your husband halfway. whine all day long and allow him to offer solutions to your 'whine' . problem solved.
Re: Limits And Relationships by revomind(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
Material things do it for me, You see, every man can't be Shawn Carter so if you can't stand my level, bye-bye!
Sex can't be a problem, NEVER (I Hope!) cuz me I loff it well well.
Family interference- i have no idea about this cuz i'm not married. I guess its more of an issue with married folks. However, the interference, for me, must come from the wifey cuz I don't think anybody would care that much in my family.
Calls- i agree with the poster who said if it reduces, one might miss it. My girl loves to call and chat all day, maybe cuz there's a lil distance. It could be something really on busy days but I feel I'd miss it if we slow down on that so i'm careful not to complain!
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2010
i dont wanna sit down all day while you whine about how you broke your nails, how your butt is getting too big for your chanel skirt, how you lost your makeup bag in the taxi, how your feet are aching because of the high heel shoes you wear to work, how your girlfriend is a back stabbing beotch, how your mama forgot to call you on your birthday etc etc grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by freecocoa(f): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2010
For me there should be limitations to everything in the poll except money(ehem wetin?)i don't want someone calling me every five mins to say i just want to hear ur voice(won't i talk wen i come home?)3 children should be okay,family members should not interfere wen we didn't ask,sex doesn't have to be everyday(am no machine)his fwends and mine should know their boundaries(not coming over everyday to watch the game or hav a drink)everything should have limits - the dough sha.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Otunbakay(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2010
naijababe:

^^^ bobo yi o sure pe o normal sha ? grin grin grin
which bobo 're u referring to, the poster is a female.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tolulop001(f): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
buzugee:

i think you are in the business of emasculating your man. you guys ask too much of men. that is why half the men around today are confused. dont tell your man your problems if you just want him to solve it. men are 'doers' . we dont wanna sit down and listen to you whine all day long about trivial stuff if you dont need us to solve it. that is why you need girlfriends. you gotta meet your husband halfway. whine all day long and allow him to offer solutions to your 'whine' . problem solved.

i guess i see your point undecided

problem is im a doer as well, but with a feminine side (i.e i have an urge to want to tell all)

so when "doer jam doer", its a recipe for disaster. maybe i should easy up on the whining then lipsrsealed

thanks kiss u may just have saved ma relationship
Re: Limits And Relationships by indie22(f): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
Socials will def need to have limits as well as family interference, its our marriage and we'll only involve a third party in whatever problems we might have if we absolutely cannot work things out on our own.

Going out, partying, clubbing and all is fine (with limits) as long as we both understand the boundaries and don't over do things.

Attention is good, as long as its a good time,

Everything else, SEX, MONEY, AFFECTION, KIDS, NO LIMITS!!!!
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tolulop001(f): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
indie22:

Everything else, SEX, MONEY, AFFECTION, KIDS, NO LIMITS!!!!

are u sure about bolded? grin may God grant u triplets. . . twice!
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
Heeeey Yall!  (sounding like I just had some)

I just returned back from my lunch date with my husband!  Now, I can't never get enough or limit how much time I spend with my husband!  I love every minute of it! Now, I be like telling my husband to dial down on the phone callings when he call during breaks and lunch but HEY I am so used to it I don't think I would survive if he stop cos WHEN A MAN STOP CALLING YOU LADIES THAT WHEN YOU WORRY, SO FAR, I ain't worrying!  

My husband talks about family planning alot, IS THAT NORMAL AMONGST AFRICAN MEN?  (asking the brothers on this one)  Why is he monitoring my cycles? How can you fool a brother who knows your cycle BETTER THAN YOU? I think that should be a limit on that one!  

What yall think?
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2010
Tolulop001:

i guess i see your point undecided

problem is im a doer as well, but with a feminine side (i.e i have an urge to want to tell all)

so when "doer jam doer", its a recipe for disaster. maybe i should easy up on the whining then lipsrsealed

thanks kiss u may just have saved ma relationship
glad i could help luv grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

I just returned back from my lunch date with my husband!  Now, I can't never get enough or limit how much time I spend with my husband!  I love every minute of it! Now, I be like telling my husband to dial down on the phone callings when he call during breaks and lunch but HEY I am so used to it I don't think I would survive if he stop cos WHEN A MAN STOP CALLING YOU LADIES THAT WHEN YOU WORRY, SO FAR, I ain't worrying!  

My husband talks about family planning alot, IS THAT NORMAL AMONGST AFRICAN MEN?  (asking the brothers on this one)  Why is he monitoring my cycles? How can you fool a brother who knows your cycle BETTER THAN YOU? I think that should be a limit on that one!  

What yall think?  
come back here in 10 years time and lets see if that still applies grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by proudly9ja(m): 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
I think mostly its the 'you didn't call me today to say how are you?' (my reply: Well cos I know you're fine) or ' I sent you a text and this it took you three hours to reply' (like I don't have work to do.  I dont really say that, I just ignore) or ' You don't tell me all that's going on in your life', lol

Generally though, I think women are really funny creatures from outter space. Sometimes I just look and listen and laugh. Cos no matter how hard I try to understand, I honestly can't , I just marvel at God's creations.
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
buzugee:

come back here in 10 years time and lets see if that still applies  grin

If we have a VILLAGE OF CHILDREN, we wouldn't be spending that much time in ONE YEAR what you talking about WILLIS?  undecided  Children demand ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION and we would be scheduling SEX SESSIONS in between naps and breast feeding sessions!
Re: Limits And Relationships by jaybee3(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

What yall think?  
You a full housewife? no offence tongue
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
What is a full housewife Jaybee? I am curious!
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

If we have a VILLAGE OF CHILDREN, we wouldn't be spending that much time in ONE YEAR what you talking about WILLIS?  undecided  Children demand ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION and we would be scheduling SEX SESSIONS in between naps and bosom feeding sessions!

tough as hell. dem bad kids always know when to disturb  angry

wat u doing daddy??

cheesy
Re: Limits And Relationships by proudly9ja(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

What yall think?  

I think its called cutting your coat according to your size. Maybe he isn't ready for a kid yet and knows that you wouldn't mind one so he is doing the monitoring himself.

How long have you been married if I may ask?
Re: Limits And Relationships by Dsense(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2010
@Eve dear!
Serious i can also say to myself i'm too protective . .Yeah ''my girl does proclaim that''  . . But that doesn't mean i should be too worried ,not giving her enough freedom to breath and feel herself . . .But also i get skeptic whenever her phone is unreachable! wink ''I trust her'' . . .But of course i don't disturb her with calls all the time except when it's very urgent . . , Cause she might be busy too!
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

tough as hell. dem bad kids always know when to disturb  angry

wat u doing daddy??

cheesy

You just brought back memories!  I remembered one time I was little and my momma was doing something in the bedroom and I heard so much noise I thought she was jumping or something.  So I walked into the room and saw some legs in the air and sheets just popping up and down. I guess they didn't hear me because they kept going and I remember hearing some noise similar to constipating noise you know that sound you make when you trying to shit?  That noise but it was high pitch and irregular but anyway as I made my way to the foot of the bed I screamed WHAT YOU DOING TO MY MOMMA?!!!  

I think I blacked out then, (I think I was snatched and thrown out the room)  But I have no proof! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

If we have a VILLAGE OF CHILDREN, we wouldn't be spending that much time in ONE YEAR what you talking about WILLIS?  undecided  Children demand ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION and we would be scheduling SEX SESSIONS in between naps and bosom feeding sessions!
you may as well go ahead and forget that after kids. more than likely, almost always one of the partner turns off sex after kids
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
proudly9ja:

I think its called cutting your coat according to your size. Maybe he isn't ready for a kid yet and knows that you wouldn't mind one so he is doing the monitoring himself.

How long have you been married if I may ask?

Actually it the OTHER WAY AROUND, he want CHILDREN AND I AM trying was TO WAIT, we freshly married,
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
D-sense:

@Eve dear!
Serious i can also say to myself i'm too protective . .Yeah ''my girl does proclaim that''  . . But that doesn't mean i should be too worried ,not giving her enough freedom to breath and feel herself . . .But also i get skeptic whenever her phone is unreachable! wink ''I trust her'' . . .But of course i don't disturb her with calls all the time except when it's very urgent . . , Cause she might be busy too!

You like my husband, he be worrying when I aint answering my phone calls but he trust me. He just don't like not knowing if I am okay or not. I can understand maybe that the cultural yall African men have which is cool with me. He is protective and I don't mind but there are some women that will take it the wrong way and think he is possessive which to me possessive is when HE TAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY FROM THE PUBLIC EYE and you can't breathe without his permission that a bit past protective.

Once again, my husband is cool when it come to protectiveness and he is protective. He once fought a dog for chasing me.
Re: Limits And Relationships by proudly9ja(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Actually it the OTHER WAY AROUND, he want CHILDREN AND I AM trying was TO WAIT, we freshly married,
ok, makes sense in a way then
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

You like my husband, he be worrying when I aint answering my phone calls but he trust me. He just don't like not knowing if I am okay or not. I can understand maybe that the cultural yall African men have which is cool with me. He is protective and I don't mind but there are some women that will take it the wrong way and think he is possessive which to me possessive is when HE TAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY FROM THE PUBLIC EYE and you can't breathe without his permission that a bit past protective.

Once again, my husband is cool when it come to protectiveness and he is protective. He once fought a dog for chasing me.
you might wanna check the sanity of your husband. he is fighting dogs now ? grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by Gbanj11: 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
attention-no problem, as not lng as it aint embarrassin shocked
sex-gooooooooooooood grin grin grin wink
family interference-no way mehn!!
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
buzugee:

you might wanna check the sanity of your husband. he is fighting dogs now ?  grin

You just had to be there, it was one of them moments, my family laughed at me when I said my husband fought a dog for chasing me, IT ONE OF THE MOMENTS, He is perfectly sane, (hmm) embarassed
Re: Limits And Relationships by jaybee3(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

What is a full housewife Jaybee? I am curious!
duh full-time housewife
Re: Limits And Relationships by indie22(f): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
Tolulop001:

are u sure about bolded? grin may God grant u triplets. . . twice!

Lollll!!!

Please don't swear for me,
Re: Limits And Relationships by livedit(f): 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2010
What up doe Mrs. Eve? smiley

Wow! Awesome thread, I'm in agreement with kokoye on this one. I really don't have any limitations because I'm pretty much reasonable and have a tolerance in situations. But I do agree it has to come a time when you have to be realistic and considerate of your significant other. As kokoye mention, use it with love and tact. I'm big on texting because I work in a busy office and I don't carry my phone on me. So the best way to catch me is online or through text. However, I will follow up or send a text to acknowledge his message/calls. So he automatically know's I wouldn't intentially ignore him and he is also respectful with me as well.

But when you are dealing with social outings, friends, or family interferences you do have to be careful. It's all about being considerate, respectful and responsible. My family will tend to but in more than they should, but I know they just looking out for me and want the best for me. But they do have to realize I do have my own life to lead too. So you have to use your God given common sense when handling these kind of situations.
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2010
Yup, I cant pick up ur call at this time cos I'm busy with work . . but I can mess around on Nairaland doing that now grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will You Watch Champions League Or Celebrate Valentine's Day? / My Wife Caught Me With The Muslim Girl / Diana’s Confession: Entangled In A Concupiscence/lustful Drive With My Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.