Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Limits And Relationships - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Limits And Relationships (6660 Views)

Poll: If you support LIMITATIONS..what should be limited in your relationship?

SEX: 9% (15 votes)
MONEY: 6% (11 votes)
FAMILY INTERFERENCES: 52% (87 votes)
FRIENDS/SOCIALIZATION/GOING OUT: 8% (14 votes)
AFFECTIONS: 0% (1 vote)
PHONE CALLS/CARDS/GIFTS: 3% (5 votes)
CHILDREN/FAMILY PLANNING: 4% (8 votes)
MATERIAL THINGS: 15% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limits And Relationships by livedit(f): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
Once again, my husband is cool when it come to protectiveness and he is protective. He once fought a dog for chasing me.
[/quote]

Are you serious? Lol, OMG! I just had a visual of that! Too funny!  grin

[quote author=Mrs, Eve link=topic=564083.msg7290662#msg7290662 date=1291750809]
Heeeey Yall!  (sounding like I just had some)

I just returned back from my lunch date with my husband!  Now, I can't never get enough or limit how much time I spend with my husband!  I love every minute of it! Now, I be like telling my husband to dial down on the phone callings when he call during breaks and lunch but HEY I am so used to it I don't think I would survive if he stop cos WHEN A MAN STOP CALLING YOU LADIES THAT WHEN YOU WORRY, SO FAR, I ain't worrying!  

My husband talks about family planning alot, IS THAT NORMAL AMONGST AFRICAN MEN?  (asking the brothers on this one)  Why is he monitoring my cycles? How can you fool a brother who knows your cycle BETTER THAN YOU? I think that should be a limit on that one!  

What yall think?  

You know, I'm currently engaged to a Nigerian man.  And my fiancee is just like that too.  He already planning all the trips we are going to take in the future and family life together. I'm like what the? Slow down, can we get married first? Lol Anyway's, I wonder too if it's just our man or just his culture.  Either way I'm fine with it. But I do have to say sometimes, "honey, slow your roll". Lol
Re: Limits And Relationships by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
We can discuss about our future, no sh* but dont create one for me,
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
livedit:

You know, I'm currently engaged to a Nigerian man.  And my fiancee is just like that too.  He already planning all the trips we are going to take in the future and family life together. I'm like what the? Slow down, can we get married first? Lol Anyway's, I wonder too if it's just our man or just his culture.  Either way I'm fine with it. But I do have to say sometimes, "honey, slow your roll". Lol 

^^^

When a responsbile man finds a good woman who has said Yes to him, it is perfectly normal to plan for your family.

I went to buy a house the minute my fiancee accepted the ring I hid from her  wink
Re: Limits And Relationships by yme1(f): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
i love calls if i really care about the person but just don't over do it
for now dont't tell me anything about kids, but if it happens no wahala but planning for it now that is definitely a no go area it scares the life out of me even tho i love kids sha grin
FAMILY POKE NOSING i will be damn angry
Re: Limits And Relationships by livedit(f): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

Yup, I cant pick up your call at this time cos I'm busy with work . . but I can mess around on Nairaland doing that now grin

Right right! Lol, You are hilarious. Unfortunately, I sit across from my manager, can't be on the phone all day, but a computer, wink
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tolulop001(f): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

^^^

When a responsbile man finds a good woman who has said Yes to him, it is perfectly normal to plan for your family.

I went to buy a house the minute my fiancee accepted my found the ring I hid from her wink

seriously! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2010
livedit:

Right right! Lol, You are hilarious. Unfortunately, I sit across from my manager, can't be on the phone all day, but a computer, wink

My manager is like 5000 miles away from me. She does not care who I talk to or what I do . .as long as my projects are not late.

I only choose to stay off the phone outta courtesy for my neighbours at work, especially when I will be speaking yoruba on the phone
Re: Limits And Relationships by livedit(f): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

^^^

Oh yes!, He also be planning our retirement too kokoye!  grin, I love him to death though.  I think it's cute when he does that.  

I went to buy a house the minute my fiancee accepted my found the ring I hid from her wink

Wow!! You go kokoye! You wasn't playing were you! Cool!
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2010
Tolulop001:

seriously! shocked shocked shocked

Yup. about 5 years ago. you are chatting with an old man here
Re: Limits And Relationships by livedit(f): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

My manager is like 5000 miles away from me. She does not care who I talk to or what I do . .as long as my project are not late.

I only choose to stay off the phone outta courtesy for my neighbours at work, especially when I will be speaking yoruba on the phone

You are so lucky for your manager to be that far away and that cool.  And I think that is very considerate of you to consider your colleagues.  My fiancee, he is also from the Yoruba tribe and he is still teaching me his language though. Maybe one day I'll be able to understand more and completely be able to speak a whole Yoruba sentence to him.   grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2010
yea. I 'm currently in the Texas while my mgr is in California.

Yoruba is a complex one. You need to get some yoruba friends along with him.

good luck . . .
Re: Limits And Relationships by lonewolf: 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2010
I don't really like being bombarded with calls; at the same time, I don't like to feel like I'm not getting called enough -- so it's all about balance. Also, don't try and use sex as a tool to punish me because, really, I will just go and get it outside. Lastly, do not even think of cheating.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tolulop001(f): 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

Yup.  about 5 years ago.   you are chatting with an old man here
that is so cool smiley my oga is always planning too

where we are gonna live, where he's gonna take me, how we would go shopping together

me i no too like fuss/trips like thaaat, ill just be listening and saying yes. . . i guess im a lucky gal smiley
Re: Limits And Relationships by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
I'm the kind of guy that understand and respect other people's feeling, but I dont tolerate "INTERFERENCE" of any type, be it family or relations. I see them as relationship wreckers.
Re: Limits And Relationships by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2010
I'm the kind of guy that understand and respect other people's feeling, but I dont tolerate "INTERFERENCE" of any type, be it family or relations. I see them as relationship wreckers.
Re: Limits And Relationships by SSaemoenl(m): 10:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
Hmmm, Still thinking on what to say!
Re: Limits And Relationships by jambya(m): 10:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
There is nothing wrong in calling your spouse or hubby to me but when office our is involved, we just have to respect this very hour because without your job you are nothing. So, the involve party should both sit back and work on how to give this hour the honor with morning and closing hour calls or no call at all. Better still, the one at work should put a call through to the free one whenever he/she is free. Aside work and office thing, makawhy now! my sweetrice/sweetbean (sweetheart) is free to call or see me anytime she wishes. We are meant to be together for the rest of our life and I don't see any reason, we can't start practicalising that now. Sweety, you are just welcome anyday and time from the bottom of my heart.
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 1:00am On Dec 08, 2010
livedit:

Once again, my husband is cool when it come to protectiveness and he is protective. He once fought a dog for chasing me.

You know, I'm currently engaged to a Nigerian man.  And my fiancee is just like that too.  He already planning all the trips we are going to take in the future and family life together. I'm like what the? Slow down, can we get married first? Lol Anyway's, I wonder too if it's just our man or just his culture.  Either way I'm fine with it. But I do have to say sometimes, "honey, slow your roll". Lol  

Hey Sister! Yes girl, he was fighting that poor dog but that dog was BIG AND TALL THOUGH, it wasn't no little dog it was one of them Saint Bernard type dogs with tall legs. Girl, I flipped them sandals off and was gone! My husband caught up with the dog and they were wrestling a bit then the dog was like this Negro crazy and pretty much left us alone. I was trying not to laugh because my husband was pissed off and it was hard trying to keep tears from rolling down my face! Oooh, I wanted to laugh sooo bad!
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 1:07am On Dec 08, 2010
Liveit,

Be glad he aint planning your pregnancies and thangs. My husband did that BEFORE we got married and was calling me HIS WIFE BEFORE we got married. I was looking at that NEGRO like I don't remember us walking down no aisles and thangs. But, ANYWAY, girl I couldn't do nothing about that it seems he had it all planned out the moment I said yes I will marry you,

He even had the kids name THOUGHT OUT and I ain't had them yet! I am like who is Anna Maria Carla Jessica Doe? See that the limit right there! Putting the cart before the horse!
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 1:09am On Dec 08, 2010
Jaybee,

I want to be a full time housewife! But, I can't! I have too much education and experience to be sitting at home all day! But, I will take time off though to nurse my babies until they are old enough to attend head start. Then back to hustling I go! See, I am a bonafide HUSTLER! cool
Re: Limits And Relationships by blank(f): 2:05am On Dec 08, 2010
I love my husband calling me up. He calls a minimum of 5 times in a day even if its just 2 hear my voice n ask if I av eaten. Its his way of showing me he cares 4 me n I don't mind. I don't feel like he is too possesive its just how he is n I like it.
My limitation has 2 be family interference. I av seen d damage dat it can cause n its made me a bit paranoid 2 d extent of trying 2 distance us from family. However, my husband is weaning me off dat by showing how in practical terms it can be a good thing wen done in moderation.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tinksh(f): 2:30am On Dec 08, 2010
Family interferences are a relationship killer. There should be no limit on sex, One of the benifits of marriage is sex when you want. I would not be happy with that. The biggie for me is limited family interference. It can be so damaging!
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 2:38am On Dec 08, 2010
I for one support limited sex! It not important and you can survive without having an orgasm! However, I can say this though that family interference does BREAK UP THE MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP if it not kept under control. The bible SPECIFICALLY SPEAKS ON about letting too many spectators into your bedroom.

I know some of yall aint into spirituality but the message still apply for ALL. I was surprised to find out that in SOME AFRICAN culture that FAMILY IS PART OF THE MARRIAGE, I was like da hell! Now this one dude who is African said that the elders must know if the woman is a virgin and they stand outside the tent waiting until the husband bust a nut then come out with a rag showing blood.

NOW THAT TOO MUCH INTERFERENCE FOR ME!
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tinksh(f): 2:47am On Dec 08, 2010
^^ I have heard that in some cultures too! I guess with sex it sort of pans out the longer you are together but i do think its important to keep some physical contact even if its not sex. That scared me the most when i dated a Nigerian guy. I was concerned at the importance but on the family. I understand to take care of family and family is important but i am also a believer in 'leaving and cleaving'
Re: Limits And Relationships by Canales(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2010
[tr][tr]Awww! A home body! Well, my husband is like that Jaybee, he go out when he needs to but he rather be in bed under me watching a movie or two (well eventually the movies end up watching us) [/tr][/tr]

Nice one! No limits !! No Boundaries!!! Keep it Up!!!! @ Mrs Eve grin grin grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by zilosxp(m): 9:51am On Dec 08, 2010
I think these things happen with age of the relationship. People in new relationships always tend to exhibit that over possesive attitude but with time the whole thing wears off,
Re: Limits And Relationships by soyad: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2010
When you bombard your spouse with too many calls and texts , you may overstretch the love .
Re: Limits And Relationships by muggle(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2010
you may as well go ahead and forget that after kids. more than likely, almost always one of the partner turns off sex after kids

Is the above true? What could be the cause?

A friend of mine was telling me that he's tuned off sex with his wife after the delivery of their son.
Reason: He is a tities man grin and he said the thot of him swallowing boobies milk grin during pre-intimacy
is a turn-off for him .

Doctors in the house, please respond!
Re: Limits And Relationships by asolulu(f): 10:23am On Dec 08, 2010
I want to do a background check on my 9ja boyfriend. were just starting out and before it gets serious i'd like to check him out. Is this over the limit? I think its wise, for any relationship. He lives in another city and I dont like long distance, so how does one play P.I and get details from Nigeria?
Re: Limits And Relationships by ekong0514(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2010
We're all fuckn different.

I'd love my spouse to check on me weneva she feels like.

besides if she never called lyk sm1 said on "thread 1", howd you feel?

unless we are not into each other,

I aint got limits, kipin in touch with my spouse.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Frankyboy1(m): 10:34am On Dec 08, 2010
well when u re in love,enof is neva enof,xcept its convenient lovin,been in d 2,nd so i think i know what am talking about
Re: Limits And Relationships by Ranoscky(m): 11:11am On Dec 08, 2010
I no get time for women wahala abeg, dia own too much jare!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Male Doctor Did To Female Patient / Butts Trending,boobs Going Into Extinction / "I Slept With A Guy Asking Me Out..." - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.