Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case (36985 Views)

Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice / How INEC Helped APC In Ekiti - Witness / Senator Eze Ajoku Bags Doctorate Degree In Divinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by alizma: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2020
OVIHINNO:
Any sane mind will know 7 supreme court Justices can never be compromised at the same time. Agreed those results might have been forged but the onus of proof lies on the respondents. Like its said; He who allege must prove. The supreme court only worked with facts presented before her. Supreme court judges don't dwell on sentiments and emotions.
God bless you. I said this before but they are so blind to see that. 7 supreme court judges unanimously agreed on a case yet PDP fans couldn't see that being enough to think that there is more to what their candidate and the party were telling them

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

I aren't a psychofanic personality like you. I don't subscribe to either APC or PDP.

Go make your noise somewhere else.
"Four legs good: two legs bad"

Do you now see you are Psychotic?

You do not subscribe to APC or PDP yet here you are leaning toward PDP and trying to slam APC for a Just judgement given by the SC.

When someone said other parties got no votes you gladly jumped on that comment and said YES O NO VOTE O.

When called out for the nonsense you have been posting i am now the villain grin grin

Let me add to your last comment. FOUR LEGS GOOD; TWO LEGS BAD; ONE LEG INSANE. Go figure!

2 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by maestroferddi: 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

I perfectly agree with you.
Electronic voting is the way to go.

If our VISA/MasterCard are secure, I don't see how a Nation as big as ours is afraid of electronic voting
Don't delude yourself....

The issue here is basically political will of the helmsman.

Jonathan made a slew of mistakes but it remains objectively incontestable that he had the political will to allow the rule of law and due process to prevail.

If the president and a CJN refuse to exhibit the political for justice, equity and fairness, I wager that no law or innovation will work...

The corrupt system will always exploit technicalities and lacunae to sidetrack propriety.

Is anybody surprised with this so-called explanation?

Is it anything besides the use of verbosity and gratuitous legalese to confuse people?

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OgundeleT(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

Like I said:
I hate PDP as a party.
I detest the hopelessness APC has imposed upon Nigeria.

There is no way I could have supported either party against the other.

Both parties are evil
You can say whatever you like about the parties, we don't need lens to know your party and where your loyalty lies. This is a matter between a thief and the owner, the owner of a mandate just retrieved his mandate from the court.and this should be celebrated by all fair minded Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by shadeyinka(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2020
maestroferddi:
Don't delude yourself....

The issue here is basically political will of the helmsman.

Jonathan made a slew of mistakes but it remains objectively incontestable that he had the political will to allow the rule of law and due process to prevail.

If the president and a CJN refuse to exhibit the political for justice, equity and fairness, I wager that no law or innovation will work...

The corrupt system will always exploit technicalities and lacunae to sidetrack propriety.

Is anybody surprised with this so-called explanation?

Is it anything besides the use of verbosity and gratuitous legalese to confuse people?
If electronic banking can be secure except we are animals, electronic voting should not be impossible
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OgundeleT(m): 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
Blindersoff:

Do you now see you are Psychotic?

You do not subscribe to APC or PDP yet here you are leaning toward PDP and trying to slam APC for a Just judgement given by the SC.

When someone said other parties got no votes you gladly jumped on that comment and said YES O NO VOTE O.

When called out for the nonsense you have been posting i am now the villain grin grin

Let me add to your last comment. FOUR LEGS GOOD; TWO LEGS BAD; ONE LEG INSANE. Go figure!
Don't mind him. I don't know how one will not be bold enough to say I belong to so so party when no one will kill you. The guy is just like the so call cashtivist we have after Gej lost election

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OgundeleT(m): 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

Ok!
We can all go home and sleep because the sins of INEC has been forgiven!
In fact INEC did not do anything wrong!
The wrong has been correct by the highest court our land.

3 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by shadeyinka(m): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2020
OgundeleT:

You can say whatever you like about the parties, we don't need lens to know your party and where your loyalty lies. This is a matter between a thief and the owner, the owner of a mandate just retrieved his mandate from the court.and this should be celebrated by all fair minded Nigerians
You think everyone who is not a psychofan of APC must be PDP?
I shake my head for you.

No wonder, the cluelessness they are exhibiting doesn't concern you. PDP milked this country dry. We voted them out because APC promised CHANGE until we saw that all they want is to have their own opportunity of milking us dry while we source for the remaining change!

Evil Parties!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by redsun(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
What were the judgements of the lower courts? And how did they arrive at that?

The supreme supposedly being the highest order of sanity in the ailing country should be in a better position to know that it was a rogue election with no certified winner since the electoral body does not have a conclusive result. All they have done is give credibility to rigging by not pointing out the obvious and it is very worrying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
OgundeleT:

Don't mind him. I don't know how one will not be bold enough to say I belong to so so party when no one will kill you. The guy is just like the so call cashtivist we have after Gej lost election

The Lord Errrrconomist them cheesy cheesy
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OgundeleT(m): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

You think everyone who is not a psychofan of APC must be PDP?
I shake my head for you.

No wonder, the cluelessness they are exhibiting doesn't concern you. PDP milked this country dry. We voted them out because APC promised CHANGE until we saw that all they want is to have their own opportunity of milking us dry while we source for the remaining change!

Evil Parties!
You can claim to be anything.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
redsun:

The supreme supposedly being the highest order of sanity in the ailing country should be in a better position to know that it was a rogue election with no certified winner since the electoral body does not have a conclusive result. All they have done is give credibility to rigging by not pointing out the obvious and it is very worrying.

That is not the business of the APEX court. They focused on the appeals brought before them and it had nothing to do with pointing out any other thing.

If you want to read the full Judgment go here

https://www.nairaland.com/5649058/full-supreme-court-judgement-imo

You will see them state on numerous occasions that their focus is on the crux of the matter which is the omission of results meant for Hope Uzodinma. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by shadeyinka(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
OgundeleT:

The wrong has been correct by the highest court our land.
There is no wrong corrected without justice.
INEC must be shown to be culpable.

If INEC stole people mandate for PDP,
Then the "Head Thief" INEC must be brought to book. It isn't sufficient that peoples mandate are restored (if that was what really happened)
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by bekpo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
Indeed, the PDP has become consistent and sustain problem of this country. They have succeeded to put d country more than ever before on the threshhold of ethnicity, tribalism, nepotism and religious devide. The Nigerian spirit has been completely eroded. The Nigerian project is death and buried by PDP. The very foundation upon which the country stands had been deflated by wanton corruption. Over the period of four years, the PDP has shown they can't (exception of corruption)survive. It's becoming worse by d day that they can't survive in an ocean ( country) free of corruption. What's happening today in Nigeria by PDP is that they r gasping for corruption to survive having been denied of same for d past four years.

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OgundeleT(m): 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2020
redsun:

The reason the lower courts failed to accept the results was because they claimed the police of the affected polling units should come and testify in the court and not one police chief. The supreme court said no, that since there was no contrary results to disproof the APC's claim, then the results remain valid.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by redsun(m): 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2020
Blindersoff:

That is not the business of the APEX court. They focused on the appeals brought before them and it had nothing to do with pointing out any other thing.

If you want to read the full Judgment go here

https://www.nairaland.com/5649058/full-supreme-court-judgement-imo

You will see the state on numerous occasions that their focus is on the crux of the matter which is the omission of results meant for Hope Uzodinma. Simple

I thought they were supposed to use their intellectual discretion and high moral standards to do things right, set constructive precedents and guide the country in the right direction.

A normal child that is being brought by normal adult/s in a normal society where reasons prevail can make a better judgement.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by maestroferddi: 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

If electronic banking can be secure except we are animals, electronic voting should not be impossible
Just like I said, without the political will from the top, it will end up being an exercise in futility.

Loopholes exist for a reason...
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by adanny01(m): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2020
OVIHINNO:
Any sane mind will know 7 supreme court Justices can never be compromised at the same time. Agreed those results might have been forged but the onus of proof lies on the respondents. Like its said; He who allege must prove. The supreme court only worked with facts presented before her. Supreme court judges don't dwell on sentiments and emotions.

I think it is the other way round.

INEC, PDP and the Ihedioha lawyers all could not produce one single result sheet. It tells me they colluded to manipulate the result and were afraid to present it to the supreme court so that they will not be found guilty of tampering with the results.

3 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OgundeleT(m): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

There is no wrong corrected without justice.
INEC must be shown to be culpable.

If INEC stole people mandate for PDP,
Then the "Head Thief" INEC must be brought to book. It isn't sufficient that peoples mandate are restored (if that was what really happened)
That is for another day, the matter before the court was for the court to retrieve the mandate stolen by a thief and the the court had given it to the owner.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
redsun:

I thought they were supposed to use their intellectual discretion and high moral standards to do things right and guide the country in the right direction.

A normal child that is being brought by normal adult/s in a normal society where reasons prevail can make a better judgement.

The supreme court does not drift. it does not request for fresh evidence in its hearings. it only rules on cases as brought before it from lower courts. it then offers a proper interpretation of law and constitution governing such cases.

The case in question was a simple and very rigid one in which uzodinma pleaded for the restoration of his "illegally" cancelled votes.

He got favorable judgment in this regard and thus won the case.

In this light the SC brought sanity not just to this case but to all other future cases similar to this one so they did their job extremely well

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Neyoohpompy(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
First, PDP legal team were fully of low IQ and unintelligent called Barristers and had no shame.
(2) A sound and credible lawyer ought to foresee this coming, but they woefully failed and scammed Emeka with their silly defense and write up.
(3) INEC is a a corrupt institution and an APC extension...They had to manipulate the real result in favour of APC while they decide not to submit any document in court. They knew the implication of doing that...
(4) It was a game and PDP lost the battle
muykem:
I agree with you but what blindfolded PDP lawyers also. I am still confused like other people you mentioned above. Where is INEC authentic results for those polling units?
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2020
adanny01:

I think it is the other way round.

INEC, PDP and the Ihedioha lawyers all could not produce one single result sheet. It tells me they colluded to manipulate the result and were afraid to present it to the supreme court so that they will not be found guilty of tampering with the results.

Which itself becomes a criminal case with possibility of jail time. They knew what they were doing
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by ZombieHUNT: 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
Blindersoff:

Come and eat away your frustration grin grin

Ruga terrorists everywhere

Amotekun is here to bury terrorists
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Ruga terrorists everywhere

Amotekun is here to bury terrorists

Onye mgbu
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by redsun(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
Blindersoff:

The supreme court does not drift. it does not request for fresh evidence in its hearings. it only rules on cases as brought before it from lower courts. it then offers a proper interpretation of law and constitution governing such cases.

The case in question was a simple and very rigid one in which uzodinma pleaded for the restoration of his "illegally" cancelled votes.

He got favorable judgment in this regard and thus won the case.

In this light the SC brought sanity not just to this case but to all other future cases similar to this one so they did their job extremely well

If the inec returning officer does not have a clear and conclusive result as it turned out to be, then how can the election be authentic? Who are they believing, the appellant's claim that is inconclusive or the overall result of the election of that state that does not exist as now know?

The true losers n this case are the suffering people. Both parties are gangs of robbers, I don't support them, but cases like these are opportunities to correct the ills that are keeping the country in the dark age.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
redsun:

If the inec returning officer does not have a clear and conclusive result as it turned out to be, then how can the election be authentic? Who are they believing, the appellant's claim that is inconclusive or the overall result of the election of that state that does not exist as now know?

The true losers n this case are the suffering people. Both parties are gangs of robbers, I don't support them, but cases like these are opportunities to correct the ills that are keeping the country in the dark age.

At your words in bold, THEN WHY DID INEC GO AHEAD TO DECLARE IHEDIOHA AS WINNER IF THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY CONNIVANCE WITH IHEDIOHA?

You see, this case shows that PDP connived with INEC to rig the elections but failed at the point of proof before the supreme court.

Clear cut and simple.

2 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by EagleNest(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2020
On what ground did the judges accept Uzodinma tendered result as authentic? Ordering for rerun would have at least cleared out the bias on both sides but who am I to talk when learned judges have talked.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Starhearts: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2020
slivertongue:
APC will not know peace

because u don't have settled brain

Pls apply for mental therapy
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by garfield1: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

The loophole in their Judgement is just too glaring. They could have ordered for a re-run of the election
A rerun based on what reasons
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by NGpatriot: 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2020
Xisnin:

grin
Oh, I never knew the supreme court takes direct cases without it passing through the lower courts.
When will the court rule on the real case since this is a different one?

I didn't know that the Supreme Court take orders and judgments from lower and subordinate jurisdictions.

The fact that the lower courts dropped the ball and failed to make INEC and the defendant produce valid and credible evidence to stand on says a lot about our cash and carry lower courts.

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by NGpatriot: 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
NORSYK:

Lol Tanko knew that Uzodinma's case was dead on arrival and he had to disband the panel and did what they had instructed him to do.

Concerning the evidence... Ihedioha and INEC showed enough evidences to prove that those results are unreliable.

HOPE UZODINMA's Police Witness also contracted Hope Uzodinma's evidences and that ought to kill the case, but not with Tanko led Supreme Court who evidence have shown that they have script to pull the Democracy down!

We are talking about legal jurisprudence and intelligent discussion and this one is talking about rumors and conspiracy theories.

It is not by force to comment abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Why Tinubu May Decide To Play Osinbajo As His Trump Card / Malami Released 300 ‘Powerful’ Boko Haram Sponsors - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.