Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

Mistake a Born Again should never make - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mistake a Born Again should never make (25827 Views)

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Letter To The Born Again Sisters From A Born Again Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:

forget about it Sëun will never do it, it's not the million times he has been called out to this
Looks like you are a born again Christian?
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2020
ABINTUK:

Another mumu here.

Go fix your mother and father first before coming to talk with me.

God punish your useless mother.
Really?? You just confirmed what he said about fixing yourself. Fix yourself , man. I'm sure your Jesus is even ashamed of your shameful display.

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2020
ABINTUK:

Thanks for your understanding....
You should apologize to him and ask your god for forgiveness
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by dipotol: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

My problem is...
Who is a born again?
Who certifies someone a born again?
What are the scriptural procedure of becoming a born again?
What is the scriptural reasons why someone is born again?

Scriptural answers pls.

Whatever you say.... Remember Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus.
A born again individual is a regenerated person in Christ, someone that has encountered the Love of God and is daily sharing it to everyone around even his enemies. A born again is a new creature after the image of Christ, growing up in His knowledge to attain His full measure.

The Holy spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Roman's 8;9. After surrendering our life to the Lordship of Christ, He assures us a holy spirit who will be our comforter, helper, friend that will be with us forever. He gives us the assurance of our hope in Christ Jesus

To become a born again, very simple; Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ came and died for your sins to give you a new life in Him, confess Him as your Lord and saviour wholeheartedly and start your journey in Him by getting to know Him by the Holy spirit. He is the Word of God and that's the guaranteed way to know Him, by His words. The Word of God is the Bible, get it and meditate on it. In fact, this assures good success and prosperity in whatever we do

We need to be born again to firstly be assured of eternal security with God. The plan of salvation is to redeem man of his sins and be reconciled to God.
God really loves us, yes he does, he loves everyone but we have gone astray with sins and worldly pleasures, He is still very much interested in us no matter how far we have gone. The Word of God says Even while we are yet sinners, he loved us. He has given us everything that pertains to life. We just need to come to that understanding and come to surrender before Him and would start ordering our steps.

Don't be distracted about religious activities ( Christianity). Although, the Bible says we should not forsake the assembly of one another but religious is a very different thing and so less important compared to our salvation. These days, most people that claim to be a Christian do not actually know Christ because Christ said if anyone says he loves me and does not love his brothers, he has not known me and he is a liar. The love of God is shed abroad for everyone even if you are involve in the deepest crime ever but the love wants to transform your life and give you an expected end in Christ Jesus.

I pray the Holy spirit explains this better to our individual hearts, God loves you. God bless everyone
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2020
Bacteriologist:

And thank you for understanding why we do not take you lots a tad seriously when you say that Christianity is the most tolerant and loving religion.

Your initial reply will be evidence for me and so many others that will go through the thread now and in the distant future that one of the most uncouth, barbaric and hateful minds you will find are Christians.
Fighting for their god is such a difficult task sometimes they lose it totally grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Looks like you are a born again Christian?
Hey my crush, I'm a born again Christian with flaws
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dantedasz:
Christians representing their religion very well on this thread with insults. undecided
What a representation !! Even the hell bound atheists appeared calmer grin grin grin grin
Ironical

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2020
kernniejay:

Would you mind if we chat one on one?
Why in private? Make your points here. We 'd like to learn grin grin grin
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:

Hey my crush, I'm a born again Christian with flaws
Wonderful, I'm not . How would you make heaven with your flaws grin grin grin
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
kernniejay:

YOU ARE MADE BY GOD, GOD LOVES YOU, GOD WANTS YOU TO KNOW HIM BETTER, GOD IS INTERESTED IN YOU!
Where's the god, sef grin grin grin
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by doggedfighter(f): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2020
fof1:

DECEIVE URSELF WITH UR WORTHLESS AND DIRECTIONLESS REASONINGS. THE GOD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH U DON'T BELIEVE EXUST WILL JUDGE YOU TO UR UTTER CONFUSION. CHANGE UR LIFESTYLE AND NEGATIVE ATHIEST REASONINGS. HELL FIRE IS REAL.
Stop shouting. Hell isn't real

2 Likes

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
dipotol:

When we sin, we are expected to humbly go before God and request forgiveness of sin with faith and believe in His word that " If we confess our sins, he is ready and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us of our unrighteousness"- 1John.

So, when we sin and we are before God, we should humbly confess then go ahead to praying to God.
However, there is grace that teaches us to righteous. This means that God does not expect us to continue to meddle in sin because we know he would always forgive us. I hope this clears? Feel free to ask further
What's the only means of communicating with God? isn't through prayer?

If God doesn't answers the prayer of a sinner, then it'll be pointless saying a sinner should God PRAY to God for forgiveness.

The point here should be, God answers everyone prayers and the answers to your prayers depends on the contents of your heart and what the prayer is being aim at.

If a sinner go asking for protection from God will not answer such a prayer because of that time... that isn't a kind of prayer God expect from him/her.

Being righteous doesn't also means God will answer to every prayer you prayed.

See there's a lot things that aren't clear, I think the original bible has been through a lot of manipulation.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
doggedfighter:

Wonderful, I'm not . How would you make heaven with your flaws grin grin grin
If heaven was designed for flawless human being, then there will be no one there... we are all flaw.

That's why there's FORGIVENESS
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
Okikaneseokwu:
U already know the truth,but u are shading away from it.
First,u must be remorseful and show willingness not to go back to that particular sin.Ur heart must be made up first,that why psalm 51:17 says the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart,Oh God u will not despise.Once u humble urself,he is true and just to hear u.
of course I know the truth, I'm not shading away from it.
I want you to know the truth also, this time from different angles.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by dipotol: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
Offpoint:

What's the only means of communicating with God? isn't through prayer?

If God doesn't answers the prayer of a sinner, then it'll be pointless saying a sinner should God PRAY to God for forgiveness.

The point here should be, God answers everyone prayers and the answers to your prayers depends on the contents of your heart and what the prayer is being aim at.

If a sinner go asking for protection from God will not answer such a prayer because of that time... that isn't a kind of prayer God expect from him/her.

Being righteous doesn't also means God will answer to every prayer you prayed.

See there's a lot things that aren't clear, I think the original bible has been through a lot of manipulation.

Well, you are right. God answers prayers, even prayers of "sinners". However, I will like you to read the content of what I was trying to explain which is the fact that God wants us to grow out of sins that impedes our spiritual growth. He wants us to continually grow to be like Him
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Offpoint: 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
dipotol:

Well, you are right. God answers prayers, even prayers of "sinners". However, I will like you to read the content of what I was trying to explain which is the fact that God wants us to grow out of sins that impedes our spiritual growth. He wants us to continually grow to be like Him
I'm not disputing you, was only trying to get that context cleared.

I raised that topic because' there are ways we present the Bible verses to people "even Christians" and it appears as if it contradictory.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by TruthHurts100: 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2020
dipotol:

A born again individual is a regenerated person in Christ, someone that has encountered the Love of God and is daily sharing it to everyone around even his enemies. A born again is a new creature after the image of Christ, growing up in His knowledge to attain His full measure.

The Holy spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Roman's 8;9. After surrendering our life to the Lordship of Christ, He assures us a holy spirit who will be our comforter, helper, friend that will be with us forever. He gives us the assurance of our hope in Christ Jesus

To become a born again, very simple; Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ came and died for your sins to give you a new life in Him, confess Him as your Lord and saviour wholeheartedly and start your journey in Him by getting to know Him by the Holy spirit. He is the Word of God and that's the guaranteed way to know Him, by His words. The Word of God is the Bible, get it and meditate on it. In fact, this assures good success and prosperity in whatever we do

We need to be born again to firstly be assured of eternal security with God. The plan of salvation is to redeem man of his sins and be reconciled to God.
God really loves us, yes he does, he loves everyone but we have gone astray with sins and worldly pleasures, He is still very much interested in us no matter how far we have gone. The Word of God says Even while we are yet sinners, he loved us. He has given us everything that pertains to life. We just need to come to that understanding and come to surrender before Him and would start ordering our steps.

Don't be distracted about religious activities ( Christianity). Although, the Bible says we should not forsake the assembly of one another but religious is a very different thing and so less important compared to our salvation. These days, most people that claim to be a Christian do not actually know Christ because Christ said if anyone says he loves me and does not love his brothers, he has not known me and he is a liar. The love of God is shed abroad for everyone even if you are involve in the deepest crime ever but the love wants to transform your life and give you an expected end in Christ Jesus.

I pray the Holy spirit explains this better to our individual hearts, God loves you. God bless everyone

I appreciate your effort to trying to react to this. You love God and his word. It's so obvious.

But....
Are you saying you can personally determine is you want to be born again or not?

Remember the first set of disciples of Christ who first got born again in Pentecost 33CE? Did they determine their being born again?

According to John, he only baptize with just water.... But said one is coming who will baptize with water and spirit. What does this mean?

Same thing Jesus said when he was talking to Nicodemus when he asked Christ what he must do to enter God's kingdom, Jesus said he must be born again. John 3:2,3
Uncle Nico then asked how possible that is, Jesus then explained in same John 3:4,5

To be born again means to be adopted as sons of God. Do you tell a man to give birth to you? I guess not... The man determines if to bore you or not. Ephesians 1:5

And what is the prospect of those born again.?

I'm asking because you said to be born again is simple. Meanwhile from the examples in the Bible, it was God who chooses who become born again.

What do you think?
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by blazepascal(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
ENEMYOFGOD6:

What's sin ? Can you define sin for me ??
sin means satan in nature
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by dipotol: 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
TruthHurts100:

I appreciate your effort to trying to react to this. You love God and his word. It's so obvious.

But....
Are you saying you can personally determine is you want to be born again or not?

Remember the first set of disciples of Christ who first got born again in Pentecost 33CE? Did they determine their being born again?

According to John, he only baptize with just water.... But said one is coming who will baptize with water and spirit. What does this mean?

Same thing Jesus said when he was talking to Nicodemus when he asked Christ what he must do to enter God's kingdom, Jesus said he must be born again. John 3:2,3
Uncle Nico then asked how possible that is, Jesus then explained in same John 3:4,5

To be born again means to be adopted as sons of God. Do you tell a man to give birth to you? I guess not... The man determines if to bore you or not. Ephesians 1:5

And what is the prospect of those born again.?

I'm asking because you said to be born again is simple. Meanwhile from the examples in the Bible, it was God who chooses who become born again.

What do you think?

I'm glad in your desire for more, of course everyone including me should desire to know more of God.

Yes, I said it is simple because yes, it is of our own will that we will come to terms with ourselves that I want to become born again. That is why it is different from the normal human giving birth that which a parent decide to give birth, this is in line with Jesus's response to nicodemus that unless "someone" is born, He didnt say unless God decides to give birth to someone again, lol, dont mind me. But what am I trying to insinuate, the conversation went further to the most popular scripture that for God so loved the whole world that He gave His only begotten Son( you see the part of God here, God has already done His part because he loves us) that "anyone who believes"( if I'm correct, this is an action word that falls to responsibility of a man).

Faith comes by hearing and by hearing of the Word of God, how would they know unless they are being told- this is a paraphrase of one of Jesus's teachings meaning we are going to be told about the Love of God just as everyone is seeing this again but it is now a personal decision to yield to the proposal of God's love towards us

Also, it is important to know that at the end of the day, it is God that helps to convict a sinner's heart and not the words of men. Although, God will use the spoken words of men to reach out to someone who is not spiritually sensitive that cannot hear the voice of God. Once men speak, the spirit of God does the work of conviction on man's heart. But you know it is something else for God to be convicting us and we not yielding.

Any other thing my brother?

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by ABINTUK(m): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
doggedfighter:

You should apologize to him and ask your god for forgiveness

You dey find playmate?

I resemble your Papa?

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by watchful(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
Professorcplus:
If sinning means going to hell then I tell you there is nothing like sin because hell does not exist. It is only manmade imaginations.

You can only commit crimes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10946172_7916021625798221789301217706255911345455104o_jpegd9fb95c8a5f7dbd3a4b4323a523ebec9
it's only a fool that said in his heart that there is no God , you are domed and condemned , you better repent now
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Professorcplus(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
watchful:
it's only a fool that said in his heart that there is no God , you are domed and condemned , you better repent now

[quote author=watchful post=86135853] A FOOL'S TALE.

Nothing special about the gibberish you just typed.

It's only a fool like you that come here ranting and condemning people when you yourself have been far condemned without any repair. As ignorant as you are, all you got to proof god is from one fairly tale stories that doesn't add up.

With the gibberish you wrote what makes you think you are better off than me? Save your repentant for yourself you need it more!

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by TruthHurts100: 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2020
dipotol:

I'm glad in your desire for more, of course everyone including me should desire to know more of God.

Yes, I said it is simple because yes, it is of our own will that we will come to terms with ourselves that I want to become born again. That is why it is different from the normal human giving birth that which a parent decide to give birth, this is in line with Jesus's response to nicodemus that unless "someone" is born, He didnt say unless God decides to give birth to someone again, lol, dont mind me. But what am I trying to insinuate, the conversation went further to the most popular scripture that for God so loved the whole world that He gave His only begotten Son( you see the part of God here, God has already done His part because he loves us) that "anyone who believes"( if I'm correct, this is an action word that falls to responsibility of a man).

Faith comes by hearing and by hearing of the Word of God, how would they know unless they are being told- this is a paraphrase of one of Jesus's teachings meaning we are going to be told about the Love of God just as everyone is seeing this again but it is now a personal decision to yield to the proposal of God's love towards us

Also, it is important to know that at the end of the day, it is God that helps to convict a sinner's heart and not the words of men. Although, God will use the spoken words of men to reach out to someone who is not spiritually sensitive that cannot hear the voice of God. Once men speak, the spirit of God does the work of conviction on man's heart. But you know it is something else for God to be convicting us and we not yielding.

Any other thing my brother?

You are getting it mixed up.

In the Bible, God gave two promises.

1. Inheriting the kingdom of God
2. Inheriting Everlasting life.

Two categories.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by PrincewithGod(m): 11:20am On Jan 27, 2020
blazepascal:
what do you mean by sin does not exist ,Are you a christian.
Did you see his moniker? He's an enemy of God.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Eazi1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
1st God doesn't answer a sinner
2nd a sinner should pray and ask God for forgiveness and he'll be forgiven.

I need someone to explain this context [/quote]They must have wrong you. The book of ACT 2:21 says.. "And it shall come to pass, whosoever that call upon the name of GOD shall be saved"
Jesus said a whole need not a phyisician but the sick. Let's illustrate now:

You offend your dad, probably he sent you to wash his clothe and you slept off, few hours asking if you're done, but you said no! he feels odd.
The next day is a school day, you said dad, I think I lost my pen, meaning he's got to get you another one i.e giving you money right? you asked again dad, I need a new pair of clothe, he might said ok, but may tell you, I sent u an errand you refuse, now you want a clothe right? maybe!

Behold all have sinned and have come short of GOD 's glory..
If GOD answer a sinner in any aspect of life, belive me GRACE speaks but one prayer he'll always answer is REPENTANCE. Like that pen 'cause u need it
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2020
doggedfighter:

Where's the god, sef grin grin grin
He is a Spirit, nobody can see Him with ordinary eyes. No science or technology can discover Him. He lives in heaven, beyond the skies. He is the maker of life and the entire universe.
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by 1Sharon(f): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
kernniejay:

He is a Spirit, nobody can see Him with ordinary eyes. No science or technology can discover Him. He lives in heaven, beyond the skies. He is the maker of life and the entire universe.

Many Christian's have claimed to see god.

You Christians need to get your facts straight
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by 1Sharon(f): 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
luluosas:
This is supposed to be meant for true Christians alone, not people like you that can't differentiate between life and death.

Tell your God to do something about it

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by OpenYourEyes1: 6:54am On Jan 28, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Not asking GOD for forgiveness during prayers or when you mistakenly commit sin.
 There are sins we commit that are not deliberate. We must always ask our FATHER to pardon us for such sins, HE will pardon us.
HE is pleased with our humility. HE will forgive you and cleanse you.

Always remember to praise & show HIM great appreciations for prayers answered. This pleases HIM too, alot! I normally say "FATHER, I love you with all my heart. Thank you so much for all you have done for me"
Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by Bacteriologist(m): 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
doggedfighter:

Fighting for their god is such a difficult task sometimes they lose it totally grin grin grin

I love it when theists especially Christians lose their shit and resort to all sorts of insults in debate threads.

It is a good time to empirically demonstrate how one can be good without religion and how religion makes otherwise good people to do bad and justify it.

Like the popular quote says: "Nothing else makes men more comfortable and content with doing evil than doing it in the name of God."

So it will be a first hand, real time evidence of how religion poisons the mind to think it's okay to insult other people and their families because it's in the defence of god's name. I'm always glad when I encounter such theists, even more so, Christians.

So be of good cheer! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by kernniejay(m): 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
1Sharon:

Many Christian's have claimed to see god.

You Christians need to get your facts straight
It is very possible to see god. But don't let anybody deceive you, nobody can see God.

1 Like

Re: Mistake a Born Again should never make by OpenYourEyes1: 8:27am On Feb 08, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
Not asking GOD for forgiveness during prayers or when you mistakenly commit sin.
 There are sins we commit that are not deliberate. We must always ask our FATHER to pardon us for such sins, HE will pardon us.
HE is pleased with our humility. HE will forgive you and cleanse you.

Always remember to praise & show HIM great appreciations for prayers answered. This pleases HIM too, alot! I normally say "FATHER, I love you with all my heart. Thank you so much for all you have done for me"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide – Prophet Charles Dady (Video) / Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / Mechanic Going To Church With Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.