Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) (102931 Views)

Uduak-Akpan Attempts To Escape After Death Sentence (Video) / Death Sentence: Maryam Sanda Cries In Court As She Is To Die By Hanging / Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 28, 2020
Akposkool:
Court Sentences Maryam Sanda To Death For Killing Husband | Sahara Reporters

Sanda had on November 19, 2017 stabbed her husband to death following an allegation of infidelity against him after seeing a text message on his phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbW7VDMCAjU

It's the year 2020 so no one can use a good phone to take a clear video? angry

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by ghettokid1(m): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2020
fergie001:

Supported 101%.....

Another one stabbed and also killed her husband in Katsina yesterday....when she is convicted, she will be shouting Daddy Daddy!
haha, no mind them
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Mummymahdi(f): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

The crime was committed in Abuja and tried in a federal high court.

All convicted capital offenders get an automatic appeal which can be continued up to the Supreme court.

If all appeals are exhausted, the execution can only be carried out by an executive order by a duly elected governor which the FCT does not have. The minister of FCT is not constitutionality empowered to grant pardons or a prerogative of mercy. So if the minister can not grant pardons, he can not sign warrants either.
Who then will sign her death warrant as constitutionally mandated for executions?

This is the reason federal judges hardly pass death sentences. The case of Kabirui Sokoto who was responsible for over 200 deaths in the Abuja Nyanya bombings and Okah's Independence day lethal bombings saw only life sentences as both crimes were committed in Abuja and tried at an Abuja high court.

Only Governors can sign a warrant. Even the president doesn't have that responsibility although he can grant pardons or commutations to a life sentence.

The point I am making is that, the useless woman judge who passed this sentence is not aware of the intricacies surrounding death sentences within federal jurisprudence .

She is obviously from the same school as Tanko.

If in doubt, why did the FG hand Maj Mustapha and Gen Bamiyi to Lagos state for prosecution?

Even in the US, the FBI may decide to try someone in a state court rather than federal when looking for a death sentence. The only crimes that can lead to a death conviction in a US federal court is espionage and treason. Same rules apply in Nigeria.
streetsoldier1:

Don't you think staying more years is more torture knowing she will die in the end, it's better for her to die once and for all than the apprehension of dieing at a later time, definitely she can't escape this cos she messed up with the wrong family

There will be no any execution. The boko haram guy responsible for nyanya bombing is still alive and waitimg. The minister of FCT is not constitutionality empowered to grant pardons or a prerogative of mercy. So if the minister can not grant pardons, he can not sign warrants either.
Who then will sign her death warrant as constitutionally mandated for executions?

This is the reason federal judges hardly pass death sentences. The case of Kabirui Sokoto who was responsible for over 200 deaths in the Abuja Nyanya bombings and Okah's Independence day lethal bombings saw only life sentences as both crimes were committed in Abuja and tried at an Abuja high court.

Only Governors can sign a warrant. Even the president doesn't have that responsibility although he can grant pardons or commutations to a life sentence.

The point I am making is that, the useless woman judge who passed this sentence is not aware of the intricacies surrounding death sentences within federal jurisprudence .

If in doubt, why did the FG hand Maj Mustapha and Gen Bamiyi to Lagos state for prosecution?

Even in the US, the FBI may decide to try someone in a state court rather than federal when looking for a death sentence. The only crimes that can lead to a death conviction in a US federal court is espionage and treason. Same rules apply in Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Frankiss44(m): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2020
Cherez:
It hurts me so badly that the wicked and heartless Evan's is still in custody and not sentenced to death already but this woman who I'm sure only out of anger and never wickedness mistakenly killed her husband is being sent to the gallows.
I wish she can be pardoned for the sake of their child
Life imprisonment would do
It's well

You are not making sense.. Would have typed this if the deceased was your brother? Let's be reasonable abeg... Her moment of madness has caused so many people pains and sorrow

4 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Juliearth(f): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2020
Akposkool:
Court Sentences Maryam Sanda To Death For Killing Husband | Sahara Reporters

Sanda had on November 19, 2017 stabbed her husband to death following an allegation of infidelity against him after seeing a text message on his phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbW7VDMCAjU

This brought tears to my Eyes. Gosh! We must bridle our anger and sheath our swords at all cost, two wrongs can't make a right, lastly, women, if you cannot bear the infidelity and inhumane treatment, please take a bow and leave.

4 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by unangidot: 9:20am On Jan 28, 2020
Truth is that the 2 family are wealthy.. assuming the husband family was poor she for not die
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by johnmattew: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2020
ladykolly:
I stand to be corrected
Why do i feel money was involved in this judgement...
She isn’t the first to kill her husband, there are also men who killed their wife’s, what has been their judgment.
What about Kidnappers who still kills what has been their judgment?
money and power are obviously involved..the victim was the son of former PDP chairman....if the woman was the daughter of former PDP chairman,she would have been discharged in the sense that it was self defense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Smellingrillmea: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2020
So sad Nigeria needs to stop death penalty
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 28, 2020
InfernoNig:

You are really pushing this and taking it too far. This is the last time you should mention me. I repeat, last time.

I mention u again. InfernoNig...

Shebi na play we dey play na.. Someone cannot play with u.. Walai, I'm just obbessed with ur big gbola and I dream of having such in my life grin
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by seniormallam(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2020
Josh44s:
If ONLY the husband could come back from the dead, he will drop all charges and ask his family to let her be free, too bad THE DEAD CAN’T SPEAK. Damn! See what anger can cause. God remove every anger from my life in Jesus name!
You already had the free will to control whatever is within you.........stop asking for what you have already, put it into use.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Frankiss44(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2020
johnkey:
Funny enough they won't kill her ever, you can quote me on this.

Depending on how far the father wants to pursue the matter with his influence.. Trust me all those people not dey forgive oh... If they feel they won't get the justice they need, they will systematically silence her even why she is still in jail

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by obiekunie2: 9:23am On Jan 28, 2020
frbona:
Maybe, just maybe, her sentence could be commuted to life imprisonment. For the sake of her child.
Just saying

actually, the way i see it and based on other death sentence cases, before the case will get to supreme court, it may take another 10 to 15 years and even if the supreme court confirm the ruling, fact still remains that no governor will sign her execution warrant cause it seems governors avoid doing that in their tenure (for the past 16 years, no Nigerian governor has signed the execution warrant of any death-row inmate) - therefore, she may spend the rest of her life in prison without being executed and of course, she can get a governor or presidential pardon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by micflo28(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2020
Your ANGER is just two words away from DANGER. Watch that temper. Run from what makes you angry. I wish the poor can also enjoy this judgement too.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Mummymahdi(f): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

Who did Evans kill?

Yaribanza. Rather than fish out your so-called big men that operate a network of ritual killers to feed their monthly juju contract you are here shouting Evans that only kidnapped Nnewi billionaires.

Kabiru sokoto the bokoman behind nyanya bombing kill more than 200 ppl but is still alive. I am trying to make it clear that this woman wull stay for life in prison she will not be executed the minister lacks d powers of signing and executing death penalty

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by sizer07: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

All convicted capital offenders get an automatic appeal which can be continued up to the Supreme court.

If all appeals are exhausted, the execution can only be carried out by an executive order by a duly elected governor which the FCT does not have. The minister of FCT is not constitutionality empowered to grant pardons or a prerogative of mercy. So if the minister can not grant pardons, he can not sign warrants either.

Even in the US, the FBI may decide to try someone in a state court rather than federal when looking for a death sentence. The only crimes that can lead to a death conviction in a US federal court is espionage and treason. Same rules apply in Nigeria.

@12monkeys well said cuddos to you man for the wide, highly educative explanations. that's gose to show how broadened and well informed most of our NDs family are. Just learning something for the first tym.thanks once again. and for the doubters who we will always have on this forum. Do the needful and do a research to further cement any doubt abt whats been said here. Google is free with minimal data

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Roon9(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

Some of una know book for this nl shar

6 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 28, 2020
ladykolly:
I stand to be corrected
Why do i feel money was involved in this judgement...
She isn’t the first to kill her husband, there are also men who killed their wife’s, what has been their judgment.
What about Kidnappers who still kills what has been their judgment?

is it that she didnt kill the man? please dont be stupid!!
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by donprinyo(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2020
For u to be called a human being, u must learn to control ur temper else u r an animal like most northerners

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by DTalented(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2020
She is a very lucky woman. If only the husband knew he was going to die, maybe he would have been somewhere better is where he currently is isn't good.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by ladykolly(f): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2020
johnmattew:
money and power are obviously involved..the victim was the son of former PDP chairman....if the woman was the daughter of former PDP chairman,she would have been discharged in the sense that it was self defense
exactly my points
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Topmaike007(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2020
Na wa oo
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by nick50(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
nice one!!.. Hope she wasn't given the opportunity to blame the devil for her lack of self control?
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by seniormallam(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
frbona:
Maybe, just maybe, her sentence could be commuted to life imprisonment. For the sake of her child.
Just saying
They don't sign death warrant in Nigeria, so this is same thing as life imprisonment............. Apart from military era, the only civilian governor to ever sign death warrant was Oshiomhole, if not rev. King should have waka long time.

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

Her death sentence was never going to be carried out but sometimes death sentence is better than life imprisonment

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by AlphaStorm: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2020
She wont be hanged. Why ?? She' a Woman
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by larryking540: 9:28am On Jan 28, 2020
When I see an over jealous girlfriend I run as far my legs can carry
No girl should tell me been over jealous is okay or cool , because my grandma never killed my grandpa neither did she stab him ,

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by dominique(f): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2020
I almost felt sorry for her sha

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by chronique(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2020
I have absolutely no sympathy for people who snuff lives out of others when it's not like they acted in self defense and killing was the only way to stay alive. If you can kill, be ready to get killed. Simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by BreconHills(m): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

Your reason is spot on but using Abuja was not a mistake. Everyone involved in that case knows this woman is not going o be killed. Nigeria hardly uses the death penalty in these type of cases. It will life and a release when it is felt that justice has been served. Even the so called Reverend King who burned a woman alive many years ago in Lagos has not been killed. Only armed robbers from low social strata are killed by the state. It is even possible that the victims family will accept symbolic blood money when their hurt has somewhat been assuaged. So there were no mistakes here. This was the predetermined conclusion by both prosecution and defence.

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 28, 2020
johnmattew:

her mother is a big woman in her own right
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by DelilahMakinde(f): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2020
StupidNLmods:
Notice it's only women that are sympathizing with her undecided

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be female.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by 12Monkeys: 9:32am On Jan 28, 2020
BreconHills:

Your reason is spot on but using Abuja was not a mistake. Everyone involved in that case knows this woman is not going o be killed. Nigeria hardly uses the death penalty in these type of cases. It will life and a release when it is felt that justice has been served. Even the so called Reverend King who burned a woman alive many years ago in Lagos has not been killed. Only armed robbers from low social strata are killed by the state. It is even possible that the victims family will accept symbolic blood money when their hurt has somewhat been assuaged. So there were no mistakes here. This was the predetermined conclusion by both prosecution and defence.

The crime was committed in Abuja and so falls under the FCT federal courts.

She can not be tried in a random state but only within the boundaries of the state the crime was committed .

The only reason you are witnessing an unofficial moratorium on carrying out executions is because most governors since 1999 are not willing to sign any death warrants .

Only that demon Oshiomole has been signing death sentences. In one day, Oshiomole signed the death sentences of 12 condemned inmates.

Rev King is still breathing because the Lagos state governors have refused to sign his death warrant .

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Marries An Old Man In Akwa Ibom, Pre-Wedding Photos Spark Reactions / Man Shot Dead In Front Of His Girlfriend In Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Two Women Fight In Public, Strip Each Other Unclad (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.