Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) (103006 Views)

Uduak-Akpan Attempts To Escape After Death Sentence (Video) / Death Sentence: Maryam Sanda Cries In Court As She Is To Die By Hanging / Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by millionboi2: 9:48am On Jan 28, 2020
ladykolly:
I stand to be corrected
Why do i feel money was involved in this judgement...
She isn’t the first to kill her husband, there are also men who killed their wife’s, what has been their judgment.
What about Kidnappers who still kills what has been their judgment?
I thought u have an evidence to prove she neva killd her husband.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by tomdon(m): 9:49am On Jan 28, 2020
What's all this nonsense about. You murdered someone in his prime and you're being apprehensive when your own life is also to be cut short. Is it not an irony??
You so much want to live and you took another man's life

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by seniormallam(m): 9:49am On Jan 28, 2020
Lovelypet28:
Life imprisonment would have been fair but death by hanging?
Yes the constitution says whoever kills must be killed but have they considered her little child.
Her husband's family are very vindictive, they cant remember when they all loved her and were happy during her nikkai, now they want her dead and make her child an orphan ,do they know the importance of a mother in a child's life? No body can love you like ur parents, nobody!
Wherever bilyaminu is, he wouldn't want his wife to die leaving their young child.
Most Nigerians are vindictive, so they might disagree with my opinion.
Lastly death penalty should be abolished, anybody can be rehabilitated.
There's nothing the husband family can do since the case is out already..........they cannot settle such case out of court, only the government can take life in Nigeria.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Martinez39s(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2020
Very good. In a gynocentric society, she would have been pardoned because "she is a mother and she has children to take care of." It's good to see criminals being punished accordingly no matter what.

4 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by InfernoNig: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2020
Mymynd4u:

I mention u again. InfernoNig...

Shebi na play we dey play na.. Someone cannot play with u.. Walai, I'm just obbessed with ur big gbola and I dream of having such in my life grin

Holy ghost fire. Fire fire you there.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by larryking540: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2020
Gimbagamble:
Why will she look at his phone,they are muslim and by right he will marry morethan one wife then why is she selfish

I tire o,
I tell ladies ,in this era of mobile phones and internet, please don't bother to check ur husband or wife Phone , don't bother if you want to have a peaceful day please just don't check their mobile phone .........what you will see you might not like it ..

I have dated multiple ladies and checking on their phones is the last thing I ever do ,,it is not worth it
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Victoronah1: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2020
ValCon888:
She's crying because she thinks she's going to die immediately. She should take a chill pill and relax. Contrary to what she thinks, she has many more years to live.

It will take some years before the case goes all the way to the Supreme Court where the death penalty will be upheld, and a few extra years before the sentence is carried out.

She'll do well to use that time to find peace with her Maker.

Moral of the story: Before you act in anger, stop and think. That action you're about to take can ruin your life.
she is already dead
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2020
InfernoNig:

Holy ghost fire. Fire fire you there.

Holy ghost fire is busy doing relevant and spiritual matters..

Nairaland isn't one of the He frequents grin
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by messiah(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2020
For all actions (and inactions) are consequences. It's time to "woman" up to the consequences of her actions. You could see everyone else going about their own activity in the courtroom just like another Tuesday.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by 2shure: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2020
That was too harsh. She shud have been giving at least 30years. Haba. Our judiciary are fools
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by larryking540: 9:53am On Jan 28, 2020
Martinez39s:
Very good. In a gynocentric society, she would have been pardoned because "she is a mother and she has children to take care of." It's good to see criminals being punished no matter what.
and what will she tell the kids ?
Are you aware of what they call brainwashing,

Are u aware you are actually training another killing machine in the hands of that lady

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Erastuslove: 9:55am On Jan 28, 2020
To commit a crime looks very simple BUT when caught and sent to the COURT OF LAW they will wait until your eyes have become very clear from TRAMADOL, KAIKAI, IGBO and whatever before handing you the verdict.....so that it will PAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN you very well grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by eddieguru(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2020
I just feel for her though... embarassed embarassed
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by AFONJACOW(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2020
Hisduchess:

Ezigbo nwa afor ka I bugodi smiley
bia , ofeke abua kpuchie onu undecided tongue
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by manny4u(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

The crime was committed in Abuja and tried in a federal high court.

All convicted capital offenders get an automatic appeal which can be continued up to the Supreme court.

If all appeals are exhausted, the execution can only be carried out by an executive order by a duly elected governor which the FCT does not have. The minister of FCT is not constitutionality empowered to grant pardons or a prerogative of mercy. So if the minister can not grant pardons, he can not sign warrants either.
Who then will sign her death warrant as constitutionally mandated for executions?

This is the reason federal judges hardly pass death sentences. The case of Kabirui Sokoto who was responsible for over 200 deaths in the Abuja Nyanya bombings and Okah's Independence day lethal bombings saw only life sentences as both crimes were committed in Abuja and tried at an Abuja high court.

Only Governors can sign a warrant. Even the president doesn't have that responsibility although he can grant pardons or commutations to a life sentence.

The point I am making is that, the useless woman judge who passed this sentence is not aware of the intricacies surrounding death sentences within federal jurisprudence .

She is obviously from the same school as Tanko.

If in doubt, why did the FG hand Maj Mustapha and Gen Bamiyi to Lagos state for prosecution?

Even in the US, the FBI may decide to try someone in a state court rather than federal when looking for a death sentence. The only crimes that can lead to a death conviction in a US federal court is espionage and treason. Same rules apply in Nigeria.

Guy you sabi book oooo!!!

Nice interpretation there, but I would have love to read from some one with a contrary view too.
It been long I read intelligent conversation like this on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by awoo47: 9:58am On Jan 28, 2020
ValCon888:
She's crying because she thinks she's going to die immediately. She should take a chill pill and relax. Contrary to what she thinks, she has many more years to live.

It will take some years before the case goes all the way to the Supreme Court where the death penalty will be upheld, and a few extra years before the sentence is carried out.

She'll do well to use that time to find peace with her Maker.

Moral of the story: Before you act in anger, stop and think. That action you're about to take can ruin your life.
exactly it might take 20yrs
nd if her family sabi settle ppl, they might not carry out d sentence
Nd who knws in d future death penalty mybe abolished or the state governor might pardon her
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Theboss100(m): 9:58am On Jan 28, 2020
Goodluck200:
RIP
Calm down now, she's not dead. She might appeal the sentence
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Martinez39s(m): 9:59am On Jan 28, 2020
Lovelypet28:
Yes the constitution says whoever kills must be killed but have they considered her little child.
Her husband's family are very vindictive, they cant remember when they all loved her and were happy during her nikkai, now they want her dead and make her child an orphan ,do they know the importance of a mother in a child's life? No body can love you like ur parents, nobody!
Wherever bilyaminu is, he wouldn't want his wife to die leaving their young child.
There is nothing bad in the sentence. The fact that they all loved her and were happy during her nikkai doesn't mean they should keep on being happy after the Jezebel has killed their son. You are sounding as if they ought to keep on loving her. It's funny how you call up the importance of a mother in the child's life. How about the importance of a father in the child's life? Imagine if a man had killed his wife for similar reason, I am sure your reaction would be different. Don't worry, the child's relative are there to take care of the child.

Death penalty should be reserved for murderers and corrupt politicians. Lastly, not anyone can be rehabilitated. Recidivists exists and it's imperative that people start taking responsibility for their actions instead of hoping for a second chance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by suko2003: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2020
Now she will be regretting. I feel for her.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Martinez39s(m): 10:03am On Jan 28, 2020
larryking540:
and what will she tell the kids ?
Are you aware of what they call brainwashing,

Are u aware you are actually training another killing machine in the hands of that lady
I am in support of the sentencing. I would never want her to be pardoned. I was only listing what would have happened in the gynocentric West.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by tomdon(m): 10:04am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

All convicted capital offenders get an automatic appeal which can be continued up to the Supreme court.

If all appeals are exhausted, the execution can only be carried out by an executive order by a duly elected governor which the FCT does not have. The minister of FCT is not constitutionality empowered to grant pardons or a prerogative of mercy. So if the minister can not grant pardons, he can not sign warrants either.
Who then will sign her death warrant as constitutionally mandated for executions?

This is the reason federal judges hardly pass death sentences. The case of Kabirui Sokoto who was responsible for over 200 deaths in the Abuja Nyanya bombings and Okah's Independence day lethal bombings saw only life sentences as both crimes were committed in Abuja and tried at an Abuja high court.

Only Governors can sign a warrant. Even the president doesn't have that responsibility although he can grant pardons or commutations to a life sentence.

The point I am making is that, the useless woman judge who passed this sentence is not aware of the intricacies surrounding death sentences within federal jurisprudence .

If in doubt, why did the FG hand Maj Mustapha and Gen Bamiyi to Lagos state for prosecution?

Even in the US, the FBI may decide to try someone in a state court rather than federal when looking for a death sentence. The only crimes that can lead to a death conviction in a US federal court is espionage and treason. Same rules apply in Nigeria.

She has been handed death sentence and there has to be a way to execute it after all appeals are exhausted regardless of which jurisdiction the trial is being conducted. Though your submission seems logical and chronological, I think further check is needed to establish the possibilities contrary to or in amendment to your submission
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by InfernoNig: 10:04am On Jan 28, 2020
Mymynd4u:

Holy ghost fire is busy doing relevant and spiritual matters..

Nairaland isn't one of the He frequents grin

Clap for yourself pastor I too know grin
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by 2LESS(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2020
12Monkeys:

This goes to show that our laws have many loopholes which our lawyers are aware of and are exploiting them.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Juliearth(f): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2020
larryking540:

Exactly ,
That was how a lady in pH also killed the husband who is actually a family friend of my ,hers is life in prison ,

If you can't deal with a cheating husband just pack your things and leave the hux but while doing so ,don't turn the kids against their fsther

Sorry for the loss, bro.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 28, 2020
Mummymahdi:

There will be no any execution. The boko haram guy responsible for nyanya bombing is still alive and waitimg. The minister of FCT is not constitutionality empowered to grant pardons or a prerogative of mercy. So if the minister can not grant pardons, he can not sign warrants either.

You are quiet articulate, buh ur post is another story for the gods. In nigeria murder attracts death sentence , even bible shares the same verdict. murder is murder anywhere, one constitution, different interpretations, one penalty. so which one is, in lagos is like these in abuja is like that. make murders go dey kill for abuja then.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Omar09(m): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2020
Lovelypet28:

When she was poking her hubby to death with a knife, she didn't remember the importance of a mother to a child abi? You did the crime you do the time.

If the law abolishes death sentences, I think people will commit murder more because they'd only be imprisoned and rehabilitated.
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by lozanni(m): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2020
Given available evidence, the woman got the sentence she deserves.
However, was her mental fitness ascertained before the judgement was passed. Many mentally ill people are roaming about , undetected, in our society.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by larryking540: 10:07am On Jan 28, 2020
Martinez39s:
I am in support of the sentencing. I would never want her to be pardoned. I was only listing what would have happened in the gynocentric West.
Okay that's true Sha

But in gynocentric west environment,not all cases are give life sentencing,....

Even in Nigeria I know of a case where the wife killed the husband for same infidelity issue and she was given some life in prison,, because the family of the man just over look the case ,

You and I Know very well if the lady has a strong presidential connection later on she will be pardon probably after spending 12 years ,but I bet you she messed with the wrong family bro ,
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Martinez39s(m): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2020
mhizsuzzy:
Does this equates to death by hanging

What determines those who have verdict of death by hanging or is it because of the husband family connection

I need clarifications cos I tot it is treason and mass murder that warrants death by hanging or firing squad
So killing someone doesn't make one deserving of the death penalty?
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by larryking540: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2020
Juliearth:

Sorry for the loss, bro.

We don forger ahead my bro , wat to do ,we just learnt on our house hold if you meet a very over jealous lady we don't even find it hard to break up with you we give u the break up speech and reasons along side with past family experience
Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Martinez39s(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2020
StupidNLmods:
Notice it's only women that are sympathizing with her undecided
They have no moral compass.

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) by Sirlins(m): 10:10am On Jan 28, 2020
How is this one now news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Marries An Old Man In Akwa Ibom, Pre-Wedding Photos Spark Reactions / Man Shot Dead In Front Of His Girlfriend In Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.