Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. (31218 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Replies Peter Obi On Ukraine's Grains / How Reno Omokri Silenced Tolu Ogunlesi With One Picture / Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by voltron14: 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

soooo farm is sooooo fantastic now but you are here doing online zombie business abi??

The food I ate today is what you take pictures and display on Instagram.

What kind of life are you living ?

ZOMBIE.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by jcross19: 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
raumdeuter:
So Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the PDP never thought of opening the ports in the SS which is the base of the PDP

PDP na real wicked party
Jonathan is a fool , he made a big mistake . can you see what buhari is doing to his own people while oga Jonathan abandoned his own. Eastern was closed down finally by obasanjo , an evil president the pathfinder of corruption in Nigeria while Mr buhari remain the terrorist president and blood sucker.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
codemaniacs:

I was quoting Blindersoff.

Nigeria can't and would never split...
both eastern and western Nigeria have the potential to be global powerhouse, especially eastern Nigeria.

do you think w:hyte people want to see African countries been global powerhouse..

for peace to reign each region or ethnic nation needs its own army and security because people that will invade will still invade.
bro, I will never make that kind of statement. Nigeria will never split. You never can tell what the future holds. While on Twitter today, people were lamenting. It's that bad. I don't know how you view things but Nigeria can not last for a long time as a Nation with these perceived injustice all around. Yes the whites would not want us to break because of oil but the whites never predicted that there would have been a secession attempt. I follow news everyday and with what I am seeing you think Nigeria is going anywhere? When the wahala will start these white people who are holding us to ransome will eventually leave us alone. Look around the African continent what do you see? Agitations. When the inevitable starts even the whites and the Fulanis won't be able to stop it. People will die but at least that control will be lost. Nothing last forever. I sincerely do not believe in Nigeria any more. Sorry
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2:

If you look at the diagram below, you'll see a South-South-West (SSW) and a South-South-East (SSE). That's the south-south.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10957474_1200pxbrosenwindrose_svg_webp4429e7a2797fcd57554f58b20b61fbca

That's what inspired Dr Alex Ekwueme. He said that we had the Northern, Eastern and Western Regions at independence.

The Western Region had minorities. Those minorities became the Mid-West State (later Bendel and then Edo and Delta). That's the south-south-west.

The Eastern Region had minorities. Those minorities were fighting for a state called COR State. That's Calabar, Ogoja and Rivers provinces (presently Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa). That's the south-south-east.

He brought these two together to create the south-south.

(The reason that he created these 6 geopolitical zones was because (1) he was afraid that the north would dominate Nigeria, so he wanted to reduce the power of the north and (2) the minority groups wanted their own regions, so the two southern minority areas, along with the north-central, have their own regions.)

However, this has got nothing to do with the naming of the ports. The NPA has two main port categories, (1) The Lagos Ports (2) The Eatern Ports and that's what Tolu Ogunlesi was rightly referring to.

I don't know what you're trying to say since you're still contradicting yourself,

How can you say the SSW and SSE means South South?

Like I said before there is nothing like South South in Geography and if you try to create one, it will not make any sense,

Just like we don't have East East, North North, West West, you can't find SS in the 32 compass points, 64 or any how you do it.

I agree that South South exists in Nigeria and it's just a name given to a political zone in Nigeria.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by NGpatriot: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2:

Gosh! You people are amazing! Where did I show any obsession with the word Eastern?? When did I say that the ports are not in the South-South/Delta Region??

Kai!

It's like people don't read to understand anymore, they read to respond and attack.

I not only read what you said, I even admitted that it was a correct designation in maritime terms, but the pots on the ground are located in the Delta/SS region. The Eastern term outside of maritime terms is meaningless and redundant.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by NGpatriot: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2:

Gosh! You people are amazing! Where did I show any obsession with the word Eastern?? When did I say that the ports are not in the South-South/Delta Region??

Kai!

It's like people don't read to understand anymore, they read to respond and attack.

That was a misquote on my part, I quoted the wrong person. You are right and Tolu was right.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by Peroh426: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
PMB tried on this one

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by 3Ceagle(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
raumdeuter:
So Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the PDP never thought of opening the ports in the SS which is the base of the PDP

PDP na real wicked party

The Political elements in PDP played to the gallery. Never raised the bar of leadership higher.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by reality1010: 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Antoeni:
You are on Point , FG’s Fear is that The Desperate & Dubious Igbos And IPOB will Use this Opportunity to Carry Out Nefarious Activities Like Smuggle In Arms & Ammunitions , Contraband Goods, Etc
So what has your dubious tribe been doing? Tell me?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by NGpatriot: 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
raumdeuter:

PDP na real wicked party

GEJ said Igbo people are the pillar of my administration, but GEJ and the entire 16 years of PDP did not commission 1 single project in the whole of SE.

Supporters or base didn't make any difference, they are just naturally incompetent.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
voltron14:

The food I ate today is what you take pictures and display on Instagram.

What kind of life are you living ?

ZOMBIE.

zombie food ?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by sosospence(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
Pilot Mike is a good pilot.Calabar port have good pilots.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by sosospence(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
nwamabo247:
SOUTHERN port not eastern port
They ports are divided into western and eastern ports.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by reality1010: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stop comparing south east Nigeria to China. They are billion years apart.

Am not in the cartegory of people you can boast to. I have toured 36 states in Nigeria deploying major infrastructures and know what plays. There is absolutely nothing in South East and why migration to the west is still celebrated there.

Tell me, what's in the South East that works independently? Civil service grin
You r a big liar if you say there is nothing in the south east. The interiors of South East are far better than that of South west. Though the infrastructures r individually established but the feelings between those in the city and the village people r the same. Apart from Lagos, no place you can stay in South west. Lagos is the only place and like Junaid and his people rightly said Lagos was built by the federal government. But in South East you see Aba, Umuahia, Owerri, Onitsha, not mentioning Nnewi, Nkpor, Enugu amongst others. Notwithstanding the rate at which Igbo people travel, their interiors are like cities. Good houses, bore holes, electricity etc. I v gone to the south east and South west for works, honestly they r poles apart. Yorubas r hardly visit home, only the old people r there, with subsistence farming as occupation. The young ones r in UK or Lagos. This is fact.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by churchee: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2020
Antoeni:
You are on Point , FG’s Fear is that The Desperate & Dubious Igbos And IPOB will Use this Opportunity to Carry Out Nefarious Activities Like Smuggle In Arms & Ammunitions , Contraband Goods, Etc

Wow! Desperate and dubious attached so close to the name Igbo. You must be scared of something from ndi Igbo that you feel very comfortable with Boko haram and ISWAP.

Good luck in your affair, we all say it as we feel in our minds.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by codemaniacs: 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
codemaniacs:

that's the point...

the same way during the biafran civil war, some e:uropean countries supported Biafra while others supported Nigeria (f:ulanis)..

is the same way they will support Africans with weapons to kill themselves then when it cools down they put the people ( f:ulanis or African extremists that are anti-african ) in charge.

Look around the African continent and you will see that it was built in a way that ensures Africans are always at war with themselves...

the same way some parts of somalia, congo, Nigeria e.t.c have been at war for tens of years..

Look at sanctions on zimbabwe, just because one president decided to be pro african..

they will support us to destroy ourselves, then blame us and say we don't have the IQ to run a nation..
people have bee. Saying this for years. Which European countries supported biafra and in what capacity? Because a book I read and documentaries that I watched indicts that the British supplied a large amounts of weaponry for the Federal troops going by the book written by Fredrick Foyrste and another book called oil politics in Nigeria. But that aside, do you actually think that Africa would be under colonial rule forever ? It's not possible. China was a country despised for fake things that they produced and we're not recognized but after 30 years they are a super power. Africa will get there.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by naptu2: 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Isinweke:

I don't know what you're trying to say since you're still contradicting yourself,

How can you say the SSW and SSE means South South?

Like I said before there is nothing like South South in Geography and if you try to create one, it will not make any sense,

Just like we don't have East East, North North, West West, you can't find SS in the 32 compass points, 64 or any how you do it.

I agree that South South exists in Nigeria and it's just a name given to a political zone in Nigeria.

grin grin

1) You did not present anything to counter my points, even though it's clearly spelt out and even though it's right there in the diagram that you posted!!

2) South-South is not just a Nigerian term. I heard about it long before it was created in Nigeria. Alex Ekwueme proposed the term at the 1995 Constitutional Conference, but the term has been used as far back as 1980 (and even before) to refer to South-South Cooperation.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by naptu2: 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
NGpatriot:

That was a misquote on my part, I quoted the wrong person. You are right and Tolu was right.

No problem. Cheers.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by Supersymetry: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2:

If you look at the diagram below, you'll see a South-South-West (SSW) and a South-South-East (SSE). That's the south-south.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10957474_1200pxbrosenwindrose_svg_webp4429e7a2797fcd57554f58b20b61fbca

That's what inspired Dr Alex Ekwueme. He said that we had the Northern, Eastern and Western Regions at independence.

The Western Region had minorities. Those minorities became the Mid-West State (later Bendel and then Edo and Delta). That's the south-south-west.

The Eastern Region had minorities. Those minorities were fighting for a state called COR State. That's Calabar, Ogoja and Rivers provinces (presently Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa). That's the south-south-east.

He brought these two together to create the south-south.

(The reason that he created these 6 geopolitical zones was because (1) he was afraid that the north would dominate Nigeria, so he wanted to reduce the power of the north and (2) the minority groups wanted their own regions, so the two southern minority areas, along with the north-central, have their own regions.)

However, this has got nothing to do with the naming of the ports. The NPA has two main port categories, (1) The Lagos Ports (2) The Eatern Ports and that's what Tolu Ogunlesi was rightly referring to.

At times i wonder why some people choose to create a truth from a lie.
SSE inspired the creation of south south don't make south south geographically correct, the correct one will be south south East, no matter how you do it East will appear into it eg south south "EAST".
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by codemaniacs: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
zz
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2:

grin grin

1) You did not present anything to counter my points, even though it's clearly spelt out and even though it's right there in the diagram that you posted!!

2) South-South is not just a Nigerian term. I heard about it long before it was created in Nigeria. Alex Ekwueme proposed the term at the 1995 Constitutional Conference, but the term has been used as far back as 1980 (and even before) to refer to South-South Cooperation.

The seaport has much to do with geography, that's why South South will never appear there,

You should know the difference between political zone and real geographical region, you can keep fooling yasef, here is my last reply with pictures..

I'm Ekwueme thought the South South is not a political zone as you do, then he was mad like you. I'm sure he didn't think so.

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by naptu2: 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
Supersymetry:

At times i wonder why some people choose to create a truth from a lie.
SSE inspired the creation of south south don't make south south geographically correct, the correct one will be south south East, no matter how you do it East will appear into it eg south south "EAST".

How can it be south-south-east, when it also at the same time contains part of south-south-west? Answer that question. I said the south-south-east was combined with the south-south-west, so how can the combined area be south-south-east?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
codemaniacs:

As long as there are "Custodians of Conialism" ( Africans who work for the e:uropeans ) it is possible to be under colonial rule forever and don't forget the devil named l:ugard said I:NDIRECT RULE would be more suitable to govern African countries...

C:hina elite has anti-e:urope culture ( they promote their own culture first ) , you don't compare both..

how many African elite have anti-e:urope culture?
how many African elite have anti-a:rab culture?

besides, anything an African does will always be eventually put down by e:uropeans, you claim "China was a country despised for fake things that they produced" but that was just propaganda to put chinese products down... yes, those were fake products but those products were not from brands like Huawei, lenovo e.t.c..

every country has people that produce fake and then COMPANIES that produce original..

biafra:

from wiki "Biafra was formally recognised by Gabon, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Tanzania and Zambia. Other nations, which did not give official recognition but provided support and assistance to Biafra, included Israel, France, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Rhodesia, South Africa and Vatican City."

Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast ( France )..
In what capacity did these countries support Biafra. Recognizing a country is way different from actually supporting like the way the British supported Nigeria. About the China discus ,I was referring to China of more than 40 years ago. The issue of Africans not being anti Europe and all is just a matter of time. I follow comments from blacks from the US and most Nigerians in diaspora. People are waking up. You might noy see it but I do. Religion is one barrier that has destroyed Africa and with time people especially blacks will overcome this. I have this strong belief. It has started happening in the area of leadership like Rwanda. We will overcome our challenges and one problem is to reorganize ethnic groups to their original boundaries. Then if there exist a situation where nation's want to merge, then there would be an agreement. I strongly believe in a divided Nigeria. Whites are not God's.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by Supersymetry: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
naptu2:

How can it be south-south-east, when it also at the same time contains part of south-south-west? Answer that question. I said the south-south-east was combined with the south-south-west, so how can the combined area be south-south-east?
If you must agree on the "speed of light" ,then you have to disagree on the component of speed and velocity (general relativity)
So you are directly saying that south south in nigeria is not geographically correct by admitting that it can be sse and ssw at the same time.
But the location of the ports is SSE by default.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. by cooooooks(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
The officials and agents like it this way.

Because everything goes through Lagos, they have a monopoly. Not just in clearing but also in transporting the goods to their final destinations.

Also, in Onne, things are expensive. Onne is used to oil and gas imports charging high fees. So, it is still cheaper to import to Lagos and then move to PH.

Jestin:
Lagos port needs to be decongested. Everything is embedded in Lagos .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto / Photos From The PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Osogbo / Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.