Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (87763 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Religious Repression: US Adds Nigeria To List Of "Countries Of Concern" / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 3:14am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Example is this President Donald Trump's remarks on Charlottesville generated negative responses. In his initial statement on the rally, Trump "condemned hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides". While Trump later stated that he condemned neo-Nazis and white nationalists,[29] his first statement and his subsequent defenses of it, in which he also referred to "very fine people on both sides", were seen by critics as implying moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them. Some interpreted his remarks as sympathetic to white supremacy.[8]
They misinterpret everything about him man
There is no way you can look at that and it sounds right. You cannot have 'very fine people' in a Nazi rally, no matter how you look at it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:15am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

Even if both are faulty, (which isn't true), How can there be 'very fine people' from a Nazi rally?
If there are no good people in a Nazi rally cos they were protesting, then use that same energy and say that Muslims are all bad cos some are bombing
Though Nazi have bad ideology but what he said were balanced, and fake news media misinterpreted and fed on it grin

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 3:16am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

If there are no good people in a Nazi rally cos they were protesting, then use that same energy and say that Muslims are all bad cos some are bombing
Do you even know what Nazi means?
How can you compare being a Nazi and being a Muslim?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Maski87: 3:17am On Feb 01, 2020
Anything wey dey usa,also dey Nigeria
I love Nigeria I no ho lie, na inside am I go live and quech

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:18am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

There is no way you can look at that and it sounds right. You cannot have 'very fine people' in a Nazi rally, no matter how you look at it
Man Trump condemned their actions and said very fine people to both groups.. Don't misinterpret him young man grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 3:18am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:
Man Trump condemned their actions and said very fine people to both groups.. Don't misinterpret him young man grin
that's what I'm telling you that nazis cannot have very fine people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LegendHero(m): 3:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Example is this President Donald Trump's remarks on Charlottesville generated negative responses. In his initial statement on the rally, Trump "condemned hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides". While Trump later stated that he condemned neo-Nazis and white nationalists,[29] his first statement and his subsequent defenses of it, in which he also referred to "very fine people on both sides", were seen by critics as implying moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them. Some interpreted his remarks as sympathetic to white supremacy.[8]
They misinterpret everything about him man

Is that what you term fake news?

For example, Punch said they will attribute the name tag general to Buhari’s name because of his culture of locking people up against the law.

Buhari most times always say he lock people up because of national security and he said the other time that national security supersedes the law.

Some lawyers defended Buhari words while some condemned it.

Other news medium did not call Buhari a general, so only Punch did.

Question: Is Punch a fake news?

9 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

Do you even know what Nazi means?
How can you compare being a Nazi and being a Muslim?
Yes I know what they mean man and I know who Hitler is.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 3:20am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

Yes I know what they mean man and I know who Hitler is.
So how do you then think they are comparable to Muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by DEHVEHLOP(m): 3:20am On Feb 01, 2020
Biafrans are not listed...

Congrats to the PIGS, PIGLETS AND IDIOTS from the land of the rising crimes, you are not banned from entering USA...

Please note: I typed the Rubbish above in my dream.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:20am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Is that what you term fake news?

For example, Punch said they will attribute the name tag general to Buhari’s name because of his culture of locking people up against the law.

Buhari most times always say he lock people up because of nation security and he said the other time that security is more important than law.

Some lawyers defended Buhari words while some condemned it.

Other news medium did not call Buhari a general, so only Punch did.

Question: Is Punch a fake news?
I will call Punch fake when they misinterpret and twist everything about Buhari in their favor
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:24am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

All the terrorist group in the world read Quran and that doesn't mean all Muslims are bad.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by BitCraftman: 3:25am On Feb 01, 2020
This isn't a good sign. One step sideways and two backwards.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:25am On Feb 01, 2020
Minamoto:

All the terrorist group in the world read Quran and that doesn't mean all Muslims are bad

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:26am On Feb 01, 2020
I have I have enlightened you all (Trump haters) come for more free lessons. Sweet dreams grin cheesy
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 3:28am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:
I have I have enlightened you all (Trump haters) come for more free lessons. Sweet dreams grin cheesy
We just got tired of arguing with you...
Better things to do

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by MrHighSea: 3:28am On Feb 01, 2020
Talk and do presido
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by linearity: 3:28am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

grin grin grin His mantra, "America First" and from the polls he is making it big, he doesn't need your support. Why would you care if he doesn't give a sh*t about me. Y'all following cnn and other fake media saying no Blacks love him over there but his polls in nyc speaks for itself.

His polls in NYC?

Throw those polls inside the dustbin, despite been a New Yorker, Trump lost it miserably the last time and he will still loss come November.

NY is a liberal state, Trump have no chance hence he made the smart decision to move his residency to Florida, which is a swing state, which might increase his chances of winning Florida in November.

6 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LegendHero(m): 3:30am On Feb 01, 2020
Savagedawg:

I will call Punch fake when they misinterpret and twist everything about Buhari in their favor

Well they are not in this context. What they did is just speak truth to power.

Most leaders don’t like criticism and they always label opposing views as fake news.

Buhari government is guilty of the same thing. When international bodies say Nigeria is deteriorating, the Buhari government will shout they are fake news.

When the same international Body say Nigeria is progressing, the government will idolize them.

If CNN starts praising Trump today, he will start saying they are real news.

7 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:30am On Feb 01, 2020
linearity:

His polls in NYC?

Throw those polls inside the dustbin, despite been a New Yorker, Trump lost it miserably the last time and he will still loss come November.

NY is a liberal state, Trump have no chance hence he made the smart decision to move his residency to Florida, which is a swing state, which might increase his chances of winning Florida in November.
Throwback right? Look at the recent polls man.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by manontree: 3:31am On Feb 01, 2020
For some funny reason I love this. We closed our borders too but do not want others to close theirs against us. What hypocrisy

This is an opportunity for us to look inwards and develop the country, not taking flight at the slightest sign of trouble

Also look at the brighter side:

Nigeria can potentially fight back on this. We can restrict all US related businesses here as well as stop cooperating against the fight for crimes especially cyber crimes. Trust me this would see this ban lifted within a month as the benefit of our cooperation to the US far outweigh whatever they stand to gain from this travel ban

It may be noted that while non immigrant visas are not affected the reality on ground is that 90% of non immigrant visas are refused to Nigerian applicants, potentially meaning a ban of some sorts for that category also exists

The US has the right to protect their country. However if this is managed well, Nigeria can emerge from this stronger

12 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:33am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Most leaders don’t like criticism and they always label opposing views as fake news.

Buhari government is guilty of the same thing. When international bodies say Nigeria is deteriorating, the Buhari government will shout they are fake news.

When the same international Body say Nigeria is progressing, the government will idolize them.

Buhari is a disaster to Nigeria and everyone knows about it. His nonchalant attitude has no comparison. But Trump? Man is different, look at his achievements in the past three years despite being investigated and dragged on for two years, man is good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by grandstar(m): 3:34am On Feb 01, 2020
ENG0701:

I don't think that it has anything to do with the protest. The reason is in the last paragraph. Almost 20% of Nigerians that visit the US end up stating illegally.

The reason isn't sufficient reason. This is just mediocrity raised to power 10.

Trump is an arrogant bully and if he can take on China, there's no country on earth he can't take on

7 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Savagedawg: 3:35am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

CNN never praised him or acknowledge his works for once. When he killed the ISIS leader, I saw no acknowledgement in there IG page and you telling me their are not biased?

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by RaptorX: 3:37am On Feb 01, 2020
Are people filling for their spouses in Nigeria going to be affected?

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by TheSociopath(m): 3:39am On Feb 01, 2020
How about study Visa?

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Sayfact: 3:42am On Feb 01, 2020
Na him Sabi

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by ninnie: 3:42am On Feb 01, 2020
The same people that bragged about our border closure... The same tribalists that condemn any tribe that isn't theirs. Shame on you and your foolishness! Keep hating Trump and don't forget to take your pills this night.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by LegendHero(m): 3:43am On Feb 01, 2020
TheSociopath:
How about study Visa?

It’s not affected.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by clems88(m): 3:47am On Feb 01, 2020
All thanks to bilhari . angry he's really working

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Osinbajo’s Security Team Changed, Guarded By Only Northerners - FFK / Lt Col Mohammad Abu-ali's Body Transported To Base, See Wife And Kid Too (pic) / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.