Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians (95956 Views)

Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS / Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / 2019 Election: Presidency Reacts To Alleged Viral Audio Of Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:
Nobody will tell US to reverse the policy by the time they start to feel the economy impacts..

We have the population on our side..

Shut your trap if you don't have any reasonable thing to say...US don't play politics with their security no matter the economic imparts

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
When I die and get to heaven, I really need to know what God’s intentions were for making me a Nigerian by birth.
I really need to know...
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
vizkiz:
When I die and get to heaven, I really need to know what God’s intentions were for making me a Nigerian by birth.

I really need to know.
Chai...LMAO
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Larryndelaw: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
WowSweetGuy:
RUBBISH...

Only if you dont take time to read and understand d restriction properly. It is just restrictions on some kinda visa policy...visa types are alot and can pass easily like X student visa e.t.c but u know what?! a true saying goes *if you want to hide something from a typical African,put it in a book*...Africans don't like to read

Media just hyping this shit.
Do you read where it says it will take effect from 21 February 2020.
Later you know it affects all Kind of VISA because there will be more stringent measures

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by NELLY1990: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
I believe you have not found your purpose in life that is why you are saying that. But I encourage you to sit down and ask yourself about one thing that is fulfilling when you say or do that will torch someone’s life. I believe God will ask you same thing when you get to see him in Heaven but what will you say? Of course you cannot debate with him cos he is the creator of the universe. Don’t be sad or angry on God because of where he kept you, instead think of things to be done to make a change in peoples life. It could be ur family, community, church if u are a Christian, orphanage, the needy, sick people in the hospital, prisons, if u are working help that colleague who is depressed, etc. don’t complain, just get to work . Complain will keep u in one place but working will take u somewhere. I hope my advice helped.
vizkiz:

I really need to know.

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by selemempe: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:
Nobody will tell US to reverse the policy by the time they start to feel the economy impacts..

scarfaced Moslems think like ass. You have almajiri population that has zero economic importance

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

Delusion at it's finest

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by MrSquint: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
With all that's been happening in this country why won't they ban us ?
They want us to enjoy being primitive and senseless.
If to say "US" na black individual wey dey live for Naija, them for don arrest am and no court for fit grant am bail.

Nice one Trump
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by jcross19: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

I tried to see sense in your post but am disappointed that a matured mind can say this? population at your side? what's the positive impact of that population on your economy? I pity you. now this is first a country will put the giant of Africa on a ban list. wow , Nigeria now turned to lizard of Africa. shame to buhari and his demonic supporters.

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by ultiabaz36(m): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Their USA not my USA (United State of Agege)
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
vizkiz:

I really need to know.

If Allah can permit me to answer your, I will say maybe you should have being born in Korea, or any other country that always face earthquakes challenge, or in Afghanistan so you can always listen to bullet everyday, my friend thank God that you meet yourself in Nigeria where everything is free only if you re a lazy youth u won't appreciate

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by lomprico(m): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by pat077: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Always reacting like chemical reaction.
Was expecting them to blame PDP.
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by ozoebuka1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

Economic... And stop fooling around.

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by nsivic2001: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
I stand with Donald Trump.Whatever he can do to protect Americans, let him do, rather than waiting for American to be killed and he will start trading blames and offering condolences.
I hope my President will learn from him and amend his ways

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
vizkiz:

I really need to know.

God made you a nigerian by birth so that you can change what you felt was wrong. Surprisingly, with all divine endowment on you to turn things around, no one was put to use. What a destiny somersaults!

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Whois(m): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
See as presidency dey humble

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by johnmattew: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
WowSweetGuy:
RUBBISH...

Only if you dont take time to read and understand d restriction properly. It is just restrictions on some kinda visa policy...visa types are alot and can pass easily like X student visa e.t.c but u know what?! a true saying goes *if you want to hide something from a typical African,put it in a book*...Africans don't like to read

Media just hyping this shit.
at last,I can see someone that understood the reasons for ban.....

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by rummmy: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

imaging you

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by neonly: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
presidency:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

UNITED STATES SUSPENSION OF THE ISSUANCE OF IMMIGRANT VISAS TO NIGERIANS

On 31st January 2020, the United States (U.S) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced temporary travel restrictions on six (6) countries including Nigeria.

For Nigeria, the restriction is the suspension of the issuance of “immigrant visas” to Nigerian passport holders only. This suspension shall come into effect on 21st February 2020. The suspension does not apply to other U.S visas such as those for official, business, tourism and student travel.

The DHS states the suspension of “immigrant visas” became necessary following a review and update of the methodology (performance metrics) adopted by the U.S Government to assess compliance of certain security criteria by foreign governments. This resulted in certain enhancements on how information is shared between Nigeria and the U.S.

Nigeria remains committed to maintaining productive relations with the United States and its international allies especially on matters of global security. Accordingly, President Muhammadu Buhari has established a committee, to be chaired by the Hon. Minister of Interior, to study and address the updated U.S. requirements. The committee will work with the U.S Government, INTERPOL and other stakeholders to ensure all updates are properly implemented.

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 1, 2020
Bully meet a bigger bully

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by largehead: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
cool cool

As far as I am concerned, the only place The Christians in Nigeria have upper hand to get Accepted is only in the US Embassy.

My Muslimu brothers, see the shit una bring come house.

Na una sabi o. Wetin concern me sef!

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by ostechno(m): 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

Which economy impact, I laugh in swedish
Alaye, it's only immigrant Visa, not tourism, not business
So use your senses

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by ninnie: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Shameless people
But you closed your borders to your next door African neighbour, But opened sea port to 'Oyibo' Trade.

Hypocrites

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by jcross19: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

If Allah can permit me to answer your, I will say maybe you should have being born in Korea, or any other country that always face earthquakes challenge, or in Afghanistan so you can always listen to bullet everyday, my friend thank God that you meet yourself in Nigeria where everything is free only if you re a lazy youth u won't appreciate
so Allah is not doing well by allowing war to ravaging all those Syria,afghan,Libya, Yemen , somalia even northern part of Nigeria. Allah foot soldiers are the problem of this world.

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by limitless777(m): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Who cares

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

of what use is your population to the US?

will Nigeria stop patronizing them when it is clear we all depend on US goods and services?

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by johnmattew: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Litmus:

and the ban was ultimately implemented because Nigerian-Americans have no political influence in the form of Lobbyist and Associations for instance in the US power structure.
u said it all....the ban is just to foster the relationship btw the two countries......this ban will be lifted immediately Nigeria fulfill their own part
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Agugbadin: 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
helinues:

You are joking, are you aware that USA do not need Nigeria for anything but we Nigeria need them. How many Americans have you heard or seen migrating to this crime infected shithole country called Nigeria None.

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by jcross19: 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
may the anger of God fall on you. scammer.
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by mytime24(f): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
England shld b next

So dat major general no go holiday there again

For medical trips

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by rummmy: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
This country sef...... God can I go back to my mother's Tommy and decide which country she must give birth to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau / The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / Atiku Speaks On Election Results