Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage (67627 Views)

4 Months Into Our Relationship I Have Not Asked Her Sex Is It Good? / My Ex-wife Got The Family Home In Our Divorce Just Weeks Ago - But Now My Busine / UNBELIEVABLE! Newly Wed Couple Divorce Just Three Minutes After Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Acme45: 2:19am On Feb 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Can someone help to clarify this issue for me, how can somebody in his right senses prefer to be a Boss to his wife than a friend and companion? I feel such a person is not well upstairs. Many men these days will keep reminding women that they are the Boss, why should I marry my Boss for God sake? that's the last person on earth that I would want to share my life with but I would marry my friend any day. OP, lower your pride, stop being bossy, you're using your hand to destroy your marriage, your wife is resisting because she's a human being and she wants to be treated as such. It's only a desperate lady or a villager that will allow you to manipulate and boss her like you're doing but after a while the woman will still find a way of dealing with you if you continue your bossiness. Stop it, be a friend and companion to her, listen when she talks and share your life with her. If you're nice to her, she will submit willingly, good luck

I ve seen a woman who cannot cope in marriage

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Acme45: 2:24am On Feb 05, 2020
cococandy:
Your marriage won’t work until you drop the boss mentality and treat her like your partner.
You won’t “allow” her make decisions in your marriage. You insisted the wedding be at your own time instead of coming to a compromise.

In my opinion, you are the primary problem and your next marriage if you divorce from this one is likely to have issues too.
idiot

2 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Acme45: 2:26am On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=Pattypatt post=86326626]I'm sure she has someone outside she wanted to marry, spend 3m on a wedding and you misbehave, you must vomit my money undecided[/quite] Good babe

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Acme45: 2:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
the problem is the guy, she say she no wan marry now. you say na by force.
later you people will go to church and start shouting holy ghost fire when you need husband again,till then
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by openmine(m): 12:40am On Feb 07, 2020
manontree:

Shocking coming from you. Your views have always been a bit more balanced than this

The bossy claim has no grounds. An unproven allegation which can clearly be analysed to be false. He stated she is rude and even her parents are against her. Her messages paints a picture of a woman that disrespects her husband

This is a man that has assisted this illiterate through school. If the claim that she pushed up the wedding bill to N3m is true doesn't this show a woman that is manipulate? Doesn't it show a woman that was scheming to ensure he balks and doesn't go through the wedding on account of the high cost?? Which same bride attempts to delete her fiance's purse if she planned living with him after the wedding

If he is bossy would he have obeyed her and paid for the high cost society wedding given his low income industry as a medical professional. N3m for a wedding is still extreme for a doctor in nigeria

She has someone else and all these claims is an attempt to shake tables and bail
True!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by openmine(m): 12:49am On Feb 07, 2020
Shugavee:
lol like it or not,, our weapon is our mouth !! If u not ready to get used to that fact ,, just know u are not ready to hv a woman under ur roof!!
Please speak for your self!
This unproven,outdated and preposterous narrative is not true for ALL women!
If that's your attitude,then that's your attitude...don't conclude every woman will behave like you!

3 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by foshe36: 6:09am On Feb 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Can someone help to clarify this issue for me, how can somebody in his right senses prefer to be a Boss to his wife than a friend and companion? I feel such a person is not well upstairs. Many men these days will keep reminding women that they are the Boss, why should I marry my Boss for God sake? that's the last person on earth that I would want to share my life with but I would marry my friend any day. OP, lower your pride, stop being bossy, you're using your hand to destroy your marriage, your wife is resisting because she's a human being and she wants to be treated as such. It's only a desperate lady or a villager that will allow you to manipulate and boss her like you're doing but after a while the woman will still find a way of dealing with you if you continue your bossiness. Stop it, be a friend and companion to her, listen when she talks and share your life with her. If you're nice to her, she will submit willingly, good luck

Sorry to say this.. You sounded just like the woman in the text.. Hope you are not the wife. No offence pls.. My comment is below.

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by foshe36: 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
My little advice

Do not divorce that girl.. Obviously the OP is very much older than his wife and she's so so young.. She got into friendship with you very early in her life and you came as a helper. You have been like a ekder brother ir fatger to her coz she's young and you always tell her what to do, coz she looks naive and inexperienced like she is.

Now she's a bit wiser, she wants to make decisions on her own, mind you OP you open that eyes. She has went through school which you helped her with and now marriage is your own payback which you took by force without considering her opinion like you always did. That was your big mistake.

Why she's not ready was simply because she just started learning about life, about marriage and the whole stuffs and right now she's not mentally ready and psychologically not prepared for marriage. Being with you is still like father and daughter believe me man.

Why i said you shouldn't divorce her is because its obvious she wants to try many other options, she wakes up to you and now she has realized a bigger world is out there...

Options 1
Your marriage is sick, seek a professional approach, find a good marriage counselor, they can help you out because your case will just be exactly what they have seen before, your case is not new in the world out there, its common.

Option 2
Call her and sit her down, in your mind forget you are marri3d and you spent some milli.. Tell her you have realized your mistakes and you want to date her again the right way and tell her its a open relationship this time around not the autocratic life you once lived. Tell her to go date whoever she wants but you are still here for her... If you really love her there are sacrifices to pay to have her back because now she's not with you bro.
In short cut her loose let her have the freedom she's craving for, let her explore, let her fall into that pit.. She would realized you are the best that ever happened to her.
For once brother let her need you, let her stray let her seek your help by herself and do not hesitate when she does,,,, and then you have your wife back.
Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Shugavee(f): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
openmine:

Please speak for your self!
This unproven,outdated and preposterous narrative is not true for ALL women!
If that's your attitude,then that's your attitude...don't conclude every woman will behave like you!
because she’s quite no mean say she no get mouth,, don’t take it personal,, when a woman uses her mouth on u , u gonna feel hurt!! Especially cause of male ego!! So chill.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by openmine(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Shugavee:
because she’s quite no mean say she no get mouth,, don’t take it personal,, when a woman uses her mouth on u , u gonna feel hurt!! Especially cause of male ego!! So chill.
i still insist that not everyone is like you esp the female gender.....i have seen and related with so many ladies in my life...some with questionable characters and others with excellence in emotional maturity!
Stop making an excuse for your flaws through gender generalization!
.....and besides,there is no character flaw that can not be controlled esp the power of the tongue!
If you believe that's the way you are and you can never change,then that is your problem and cross to bear in future but it will be absurd to use your attitude to generalize every female....
The biggest mistake you are making is thinking that every lady's attitude is similar or exactly like yours!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Shugavee(f): 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
openmine:

i still insist that not everyone is like you esp the female gender.....i have seen and related with so many ladies in my life...some with questionable characters and others with excellence in emotional maturity!
Stop making an excuse for your flaws through gender generalization!
.....and besides,there is no character flaw that can not be controlled esp the power of the tongue!
If you believe that's the way you are and you can never change,then that is your problem and cross to bear in future but it will be absurd to use your attitude to generalize every female....
The biggest mistake you are making is thinking that every lady's attitude is similar or exactly like yours!

u win, u are correct.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by openmine(m): 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
Shugavee:
u win, u are correct.
Its not a matter of winning....i am only being factual!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Shugavee(f): 1:19am On Feb 08, 2020
openmine:

Its not a matter of winning....i am only being factual!
kudos
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by openmine(m): 2:23am On Feb 08, 2020
Shugavee:
kudos
smiley
U are welcome!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Judybash93(m): 4:33am On Dec 03, 2020
Wetin people dey see for marriage sef?
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Judybash93(m): 4:37am On Dec 03, 2020
Bossman, how did it go? Y'all niggis still together?

2 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Oturatetuala(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hmmmm life with different problems. U won divorce while me at 40 still unmarried cheesy
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:55am On May 23, 2021
hybrid77:
Pls i need a sincere advice here.

Im 3 months old in marriage and im so unhappy about the set up (my wife too)

My wife is a student and she tried everything to shift the marriage until easter this year but i refused due to many projects for the year. so we got married 3 months ago.

I took care of her bills since she got admission and we dated for 5 years

But she is so disrespectful and want to make important decisions in marriage which ive refused to allow.

Now, she claims i forced her into marriage and she is not mentally ready because i asked her to change to my family's name.

She has been good then bad then worse..And i think her words about forcing her into marriage has irreparably hurt me.

I spent over 3m of my cash to give her the wedding she wanted (Without any support from her family) against my wish for a 1m wedding.

And despite getting the big wedding she wants before consenting to marry last year, she claims she is not mentally ready and was forced into marriage.

she has repeated this over and over and its making me go crazy..in fact im tired already

Right now she wants more time to be a wife..but im beginning to feel there is a love issue here..I feel she does not love me as she always claims

Though weve settled but we dont talk as usual..we dont even want to hear from each other...

it seems i nolonger love her like i used to..And worst still, continuing with the marriage when she claims she was forced is degrading and disreputable.

My question is, at what point should anyone seriously consider a divorce?
@Op, what marriage are you planning to end! That lady has ended it even before you know her
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Shukushaka: 8:45am On May 23, 2021
The girl is under 23 probably 19,20 or 21. @OP it's not like she doesn't love you but she's in her hoe-phase,the mistake you did was marrying her this early. My advice to you is to let her be and take it like a man. It'll be hard but she'll still need you later. The hurtful part is that the person that has her attention now is no match to you and probably her agemate,you're even better than the person 100% but ur woman is young for what you want her to be. Her family is poor that's why they pushed her to marriage this early. Just let her be bro. Give her the 3months she wants but in that 3months don't near her or even communicate with her infact don't send her money or anything. Her brain will comeback to factory settings.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Shukushaka: 8:50am On May 23, 2021
[quote author=Acme45 post=86385830][/quote]
Na to use her for sacrifice lol
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Nobody: 10:30am On May 23, 2021
StarUp:
She has seen something better somewhere...
Werey girl grin
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by tunjilana: 11:13am On May 23, 2021
Tonyfx:
To be honest with you, you are the one at fault from your write up and the screenshots.
First marriage nor be house when you go rush enter because you don dey build an for 5years, if you rush enter marriage you go rush commot from am.
Secondly marriage is a lifetime journey and so it requires alot of patience and understanding between both parties. Your wife told you she wasn't mentally ready but you didn't want to see things from her point of view. Nor be so Bros (it takes two to tangle).
As for the decision part remember say na your life partner even as Dangote get money reach he cannot make any decisions about his own company without the agreement of his partners which are his board of directors. See things from her point of view and let her see from yours then both of you should come to a peaceful conclusion. The marriage too early for quarrel na.
As for divorce I won't support that instead why not give her time to adjust and be in the right frame of mind. Things will definitely workout because she isn't asking for a divorce.
Give her time and try to be supportive of her. I hope you will find something useful here.

His board of directors are partners in the business by buying shares...making material contributions...

Women will intentionally marry men who are more than them in diverse ways and then consistently chase decision making....If she had married a fellow student like herself...she wont have issues with being a co decision maker....The problem starts with expecting her immature decisions to stand in the face of superior argument from the more mature man....And then her using emotions to blackmail the man into leading him into bad times

2 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by bepositive11: 12:59pm On May 23, 2021
Randy100:
Divorce is the surest thing now but since you don waste all your money on her get her pregnant so that you don't loose too much.

You're very wicked to suggest that
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by sconp: 5:28pm On May 23, 2021
@hybrid77

Out of curiosity, what step did you finally take? Where did it all end?
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Amb1045(m): 6:22pm On May 23, 2021
Your wife is still a kid, don't mind her that's how a guy will train them finish them go abandon him go marry another person, just be calm, pregnant her like two to three times for the whole money you spent on her then divorce her.Lol na still small piking dee worry her. Don't over love her
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by hybrid77: 8:06pm On May 23, 2021
sconp:
@hybrid77

Out of curiosity, what step did you finally take? Where did it all end?

Lol..we have been fine all these while..My wife had a baby boy last year and everything has been to sweet to be honest...

I dated my wife for 5 years before marriage and to be frank our disagreement were all because of my expenses during the wedding

She wanted an expensive marriage whicch didnt make sense to me at that time because i was building a hospital

So, as she didnt bend..i gues i went over board with trying to force everything on her...

She wasnt a bad person but her selfishness at that time resulted in my terrible and childish actions

All i did was to just give her some space, and everything seemed to have worked out perfectly for us..

I guess what i learned was to let bygones be bygones and forgive as early as possible...

The 2 weeks or so we had issues i was busy sleeping aroind with my EXs, partying and looking for ways to get down from my "man's pride"..

My actions were shameful and disgusting considering i wasn't married for more than 2 month...

Since then, we've been perfect for each other and marriage has been the best thing to have happened in our lives...

Thanks for asking...

3 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by OriakuAmara(f): 8:08pm On May 23, 2021
hybrid77:

Lol..we have been fine all these while..My wife had a baby boy last year and everything has been to sweet to be honest...

I dated my wife for 5 years before marriage and to be frank our disagreement were all because of my expenses during the wedding

She wanted an expensive marriage whicch didnt make sense to me at that time because i was building a hospital

So, as she didnt bend..i gues i went over board with trying to force everything on her...

She wasnt a bad person but her selfishness at that time resulted in my terrible and childish actions

All i did was to just give her some space, and everything seemed to have worked out perfectly for us..

I guess what i learned was to let bygones be bygones and forgive as early as possible...

The 2 weeks or so we had issues i was busy sleeping aroind with my EXs, partying and looking for ways to get down from my "man's pride"..

My actions were shameful and disgusting considering i wasn't married for more than 2 month...

Since then, we've been perfect for each other and marriage has been the best thing to have happened in our lives...

Thanks for asking...

that's so sweet to hear
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Kebbiprince: 8:39pm On May 23, 2021
hybrid77:

Thanks for asking...

Good one. But imagine sleeping around with your exes just few months after marriage meaning you had those side girls while dating her. Any day she cheats on you don't just get offended as you have already taken the lead. I don't see why we should stress ourselves to marry when we can't keep to one person. Tueh!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by hybrid77: 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Good one. But imagine sleeping around with your exes just few months after marriage meaning you had those side girls while dating her. Any day she cheats on you don't just get offended as you have already taken the lead. I don't see why we should stress ourselves to marry when we can't keep to one person. Tueh!

Lol...we've moved on from here...Im not that man anymore..My comments were just to make people learn from my mistakes..

When you dont solve issues quickly, it coild easily explode into something else..

As i previously mentioned, cheating is a shameful act and i fully regret my actions...

Have a great day..My wife and I are reading your comments here as part of our low key celebrations for chelsea champions league qualification..you can join us.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Kebbiprince: 9:26pm On May 23, 2021
hybrid77:

Lol...we've moved on from here...Im not that man anymore..My comments were just to make people learn from my mistakes..

When you dont solve issues quickly, it coild easily explode into something else..

As i previously mentioned, cheating is a shameful act and i fully regret my actions...

Have a great day..My wife and I are reading your comments here as part of our low key celebrations for chelsea champions league qualification..you can join us.. grin grin
Lmao, like she's aware you cheated on her? I'm sure she's not aware bc if she's aware she's certainly going to cheat back on your sorry ass sooner or later. Bookmark the message cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Mysteriousworld: 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
bepositive11:

You're very wicked to suggest that

Why is it that wicked people dont like when youre wicked to them in return?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Plus-Sized Nigerian Couple / 2 Genuine Strategies I Used To Tackle The Spirit Of Masturbation / Two Nigerian Women Kissing At A Wedding Ceremony. Photo Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.