Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609477 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jerry59: 7:42am On Mar 18, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Sincerely, I want to understand and not come across like I am dissing you. I also do not own the thread nor am I a major contributor here so I have no vendetta against you.

Why do you then share it?? Makes no sense.

You have no or little knowledge of what you are sharing, then why do it?...you and your guys....do you want attention/to be noticed because there is a similar pattern to your moniker and a few others. You guys do the same thing, over and over again.

The risky part is that you never let people know that you are not the author of this information

Why risk people making loss from information you get from a telegram group or twitter
Gbamsolutely!

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by idolda: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
yazga:
Which app is this?

Webull

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
AMC ( $AMC ) Theatres to have 98% of US locations open from Friday
$AMC , $15-$40 January/21/22

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 4:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
steveneche:
Experts in the house.. How does one get paid dividend trading US stocks with BAMBOO?

I mean where are the dividends paid to? will one need to fill any form like e-dividend mandate?

It's easy. Just go under your history and click on the Dividends Tab.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 7:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
ElectronicMoney:
I don't agree with your number 1

For me, it depends on why a person might average down. If one buys a stock with a blind hope that it goes up and sees the stock fall significantly, averaging down seems counterproductive as the initial trade/investment was not based on any informational edge.

If you have done diligent analysis and made the initial trade based on information/knowledge arising from your this analysis, then averaging down makes sense. If you thought Tesla was good value at $900, you would think $600 is even better value.

For most people here who seem to be chasing momentum stocks (high flying stocks) to make a quick buck, I would caution against averaging down.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
4Play:

For me, it depends on why a person might average down. If one buys a stock with a blind hope that it goes up and sees the stock fall significantly, averaging down seems counterproductive as the initial trade/investment was not based on any informational edge.

If you have done diligent analysis and made the initial trade based on information/knowledge arising from your this analysis, then averaging down makes sense. If you thought Tesla was good value at $900, you would think $600 is even better value.

For most people here who seem to be chasing momentum stocks (high flying stocks) to make a quick buck, I would caution against averaging down.

For those who are swing traders, averaging down will enable them exit their positions quicker than tie down capital for a longer time. It all depends on their strategy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
Just hanging out waiting for the party to arrive, let’s go!

Notselling Amc

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Elsueno: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
oh no.......

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by idolda: 1:49am On Mar 19, 2021
tot:

For those who are swing traders, averaging down will enable them exit their positions quicker than tie down capital for a longer time. It all depends on their strategy.

Exactly! Why tie your fund down for months when you can average down and exit especially when you buy a bad stock? This is exactly what I did to some of the stocks I ignorantly bought in February, now I'm getting some of them back at a super cheap rate

8 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sugah: 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Zain007:

GO through googlepay (GPAY) route among the available funding options and this should work fine
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by needful: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
idolda:

Exactly! Why tie your fund down for months when you can average down and exit especially when you buy a bad stock? This is exactly what I did to some of the stocks I ignorantly bought in February, now I'm getting some of them back at a super cheap rate

Averaging down to exit has never failed me. It's one of my major strategies. Did it on idex and exited and bought back again at a very cheaper rate.. I use it to cut down losses too.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by budaatum: 8:02am On Mar 20, 2021
Gimme a break, will ya? Wherein I rant, supported by the Fed’s own data.

Mr. Powell, do you see that we see that you see that we know that inflating asset bubbles is designed from get-go to inflate the wealth of the very rich, and the remainder of the Americans get to eat dust?

https://www.nairaland.com/4508641/american-politics-thread-joe-bidens/2070#100038024

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by BrainBright: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

It's easy. Just go under your history and click on the Dividends Tab.

Please is buying stock under the "divident stock" tab different from just buying stocks normally? On BAMBOO

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kalu61(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Coolcash1:
I know we have a lot of newbies joining the forum now to trade in US stock market and it cannot be overemphasized, the need to always go extra mile before investing in any stocks. Same goes for the useless reddit stock alert disguised under fighting HFs (hedge funds) in shorting under performing stocks. People should not blindly follow alerts or stock picks or copy trading thinking they could make fast money from it because more often than not it always end in premium tears! The truth is, 99% of the time, the person/analyst giving the alert has already taken position in the stock and needs to push the price up.

So that people don't get me wrong and those who have taken it upon themselves as a service to this forum by posting stock alerts don't get discouraged, their selfless spirit is appreciated but there is need for users of such information to carry out due diligence on their own before committing your hard earned funds.

Where you are deficient in skill and knowledge to carryout such exercise, follow the steps below;

1. Is the stock trending or consolidating?
2. What is causing the stock to behave or move in such manner?
3. Look for news catalysts; launching of new products, FDA approval, strategic alliances (GSAT and Qualcomm) etc
4. Find out the nature and performance of the company's product?
5. Is it a single or multiple product company?
6. Does the product give the company competitive edge over its competitors?
7. Is the company growing demand for its product or shrinking.
8. Is there any government policy which may likely impact or boost revenue performance of the company
9. Is revenue growing or declining? If declining, ask why?
10. Is operating income (profit before tax) growing at expected rate?
11. If the company is at development stage (most bio-tech companies fall under this category), what is their cash burn rate?
12. Check the liquidity condition. What is the size of cash at bank? Is receivable decreasing or increasing viz-a-viz short term payable. How is operating cashflow utilized.
13. Does the company have debt in their capital structure or solely equity financed? Note that too much debt exposes shareholders to huge financial risk?
14. Is the debt performing or not.
15. Look out for any going concern threat e.g hertz cab, AMC, etc
16. Insider trading
17. Resignation or employment of key management staff e.g. managing director, chief finance officer etc
18... Any other relevant information.

My one cent.
You just sum it up. Making money is not easy anywhere. 18 points analysis before taking a decision on a single stock, hmm.

I must commend all the gurus here. Being a silent reader.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hottdawgg: 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Has anyone tried using Choicetrade platform? For a known stockbroker like that, the application is scandalous. Its design is poor, doesn't open easily you will say very slow, news feeds carry no graphics. The entire thing looks like a low grade scam even the so called application upgrade is hardly better. We dont expect every US stockbroker to have the same sleek, high class application profile that webull has, but it should at least inspire confidence. Anyone using Choicetrade?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hottdawgg:
Has anyone tried using Choicetrade platform? For a known stockbroker like that, the application is scandalous. Its design is poor, doesn't open easily you will say very slow, news feeds carry no graphics. The entire thing looks like a low grade scam even the so called application upgrade is hardly better. We dont expect every US stockbroker to have the same sleek, high class application webull has, but it should at least inspire confidence. Anyone using Choicetrade?
It's an unregulated broker.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hottdawgg: 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
yazga:
It's an unregulated broker.

Do you have evidence? Because everything on the net including NL seem to suggest it is regulated and indeed fit and proper.

I think I have heard someone say this before on this platform possibly you. Can you kindly reference your source?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by layzie86(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2021
Total search result for Trove is 4,115. They really need to make more US stocks available for clients to trade. It's really annoying to see a tradable opportunity on a stock, only for it not to be available on Trove.

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
Have you sent a mail to tomi as regards this?
layzie86:
Total search result for Trove is 4,115. They really need to make more US stocks available for clients to trade. It's really annoying to see a tradable opportunity on a stock, only for it not to be available on Trove.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
Is the bull run officially over? This place feels like a graveyard.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by phantino: 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
Just got a mail from choicetrade that i can finally trade options.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
phantino:
Just got a mail from choicetrade that i can finally trade options.
congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Susily(m): 7:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
Good evening great investors and traders, on analyzing stock of companies on Yahoo finance and stockanalysisdotcom I've noticed that there are great variations in a company's data when you study their financials on Yahoo finance and on stockanalysisdotcom

And I get confused not knowing the website between the two that gives the correct data on a company's financials

My question is which website can one use to ACCURATELY evaluate a company's financials and fundamentals in order to make sound investment decision??

Thanks for anticipated reply

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
Susily:
Good evening great investors and traders, on analyzing stock of companies on Yahoo finance and stockanalysisdotcom I've noticed that there are great variations in a company's data when you study their financials on Yahoo finance and on stockanalysisdotcom

And I get confused not knowing the website between the two that gives the correct data on a company's financials

My question is which website can one use to ACCURATELY evaluate a company's financials and fundamentals in order to make sound investment decision??

Investordotcom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IGD2(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2021
Susily:

morningstardotcom
finvizdotcom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aomine(m): 2:24am On Mar 23, 2021
IS PASSFOLIO LISTED ON THE US STOCK MARKET

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aomine(m): 3:10am On Mar 23, 2021
how can you guys trust a broker that is not even on the usa stock market

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hottdawgg: 3:30am On Mar 23, 2021
aomine:
IS PASSFOLIO LISTED ON THE US STOCK MARKET

Are you trying to be funny or just being stupidly ignorant? Name all the stockbrokers and associate companies you know is involved in stock trade that are listed in stock exchanges

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lavylilly: 6:45am On Mar 23, 2021
aomine:
how can you guys trust a broker that is not even on the usa stock market
Which of them?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aomine(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2021
do your research first please

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
Hottdawgg:

Are you trying to be funny or just being stupidly ignorant? Name all the stockbrokers and associate companies you know is involved in stock trade that are listed in stock exchanges

There is no need to be abusive. The thread is for knowledge sharing and people are at different levels of understanding.

Some brokers are listed on the stock exchange, some are not but generally people rate a listed broker higher because they have stricter compliance rules as part of the conditions for being a listed company.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aomine(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2021
abeg who has withdrawn from passfolio how long does it take

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: aremso(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.