Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (11319 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?

Yes: 65% (66 votes)
No: 34% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by keyne(f): 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
so what makes you think/feel yhu r above his status? sad
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by SALady(f): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
hackney:

If there's disparity in wealth (say, she comes from a destitute background), it shouldnt affect our union at all.
However i can imagine having problems if she is a stark illiterate; you cant converse intelligently orĀ  take her on
double or triple dates, she may have nothing to teach the eventual kids etc.

Its even worse if the man is the stark illiterate; his girl's friends wont let it go as they will look down on him.
On the other hand if she's the one that is dumb but shapely as f.uc.k, the men wont really mind as long as he has money to take
care of everything else.

Agree absolutely, just on the last sentence, this will most definately backfire. It always catches up. Its a problem because there's some places you cant take her to or people you interact with that you may never expose her to. Everytime she opens her mouth to speak in company of your friends you'll be gasping for air. Money doesnt take care of everything.

How many shapely as Zap litirate women are out there? plenty.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by SALady(f): 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2010
keyne:

so what makes you think/feel yhu r above his status? sad

^^^Maybe this is the question we should be answering.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Ugoch: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2010
YOU ARE ALL STUPID, MUMU LIKE UNA, MAKE UNA GO GET JOB ABEGI
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by henryhemon(m): 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
who gave them status sef.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by iice(f): 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2010
Intellectually below, NO. Other things are not so relevant to me
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Bukittes(f): 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2010
I am a sucker for intelligence and the first thing that gets me crazy about a guy is his level of intelligence. Now if u tell me to marry a mechanic for instance, I'm not against his profession but I am against the fact that we cannot reason alike, have same friends,see things in the same light & that alone reduces the ability to communicate effectively. Why are we marrying if there is no communication? It will soon pack up!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Blazay(m): 3:07pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yes, I did.
Now, she is above[b] "my status".[/b]

Glory be to God. cool

So, what was your status again? wink
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by oluite(f): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2010
iice:

Intellectually below, NO. Other things are not so relevant to me

Bukittes:

I am a sucker for intelligence and the first thing that gets me crazy about a guy is his level of intelligence. Now if u tell me to marry a mechanic for instance, I'm not against his profession but I am against the fact that we cannot reason alike, have same friends,see things in the same light & that alone reduces the ability to communicate effectively. Why are we marrying if there is no communication? It will soon pack up!
You are both so on point!
Imagine having a conversation with someone with no intellectual stimulation at all!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by johnnygan(m): 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2010
What's status gotta do with love heh?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by ebonyvibe(f): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^^ everything
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by alagha: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
the level of love involve matters any were!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by slymm(f): 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
hmmmnnn, you people should be carefull the way you say this love thing oh, Marriage is a failed institution, and people no longer gat married for the so called love thing. Women are running their mouth, wait a while let 35yrs catch up on you, and yoi will not know the difference between status and saturated. Any one you see, you will take. So many women are married to men they never believed they will marry, kai, but you know how this life is, you plan one thing and you find you marry mr ibu. Just pray that is all. In matters like this na prayer person dey pray.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by GODSON2009(m): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2010
i am afraid i cannot marry a girl/lady on the basis of pity or feeling sorry for her.for me seeing as i am contributing something to the union,its only fair she does so as well while i will not go all out looking for a girl above my station in life,i will certainly not marry below my status due to desperation or any other factor
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2010
Lets hope all the girls yapping about 'status' inherited/attained such 'status' by virtue of their privileged family backgrounds or extra-ordinary brilliance. Not the majority of female graduates in Nigeria who got their jobs in exchange for forrking & sucking one 'chief', exec, or HR boss or the other (and continue forrking/sucking their bosses to keep their uncertain jobs). . .now they'll open their mouths to brag about being 'self-made' or having some punanie-induced 'status'. Tell me something I don't know jare.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by aristocrat(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
i can even marry a two yr old girl, provide she is beautifull. lolzzzzzzzz
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by kaymoney2(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2010
aristocrat:

i can even marry a two yr old girl, provide she is beautifull. lolzzzzzzzz

Intending amputee cheesy undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
I CAN'T marry someone far below my social status.

Someone well educated and has a good job. She doesnt have to come from a rich family.

I dont want to marry a wife that her attempt to speak English would cause a volcanic eruption, Or doesnt have a good career/ a well defined way of making money to contribute to the family.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Kaponanty(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
Apparently D topic is ment 4 lady but in my own perspective. Ladies do dates below there statue 4 specific reasons either 4 spiritual benefit, money, handsome, possession, power, archievment e.t.c but D most common 1 is when they are at eleventh hours, mean (IKU LO MU EJA KAKO) U know that kind thing. 4 instance there is 1 lady 4 my school she use 2 be pompous and she proclaim 2 date only senior when we were in 100level, after D gratuation of ex lover,she was dumped and became solitary, now that we ar about 2 graduate she couldn't bear D disgrace thus, she has no choice than 2 date 200level guy.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Pame(m): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
the inset pics looks like somone i knew back then in Jos, Funmi Amao . Dont know if she's the one
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by vkings: 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
So assuming, all the voters were ladies, it means there's much hope for men of low status.

Ope o, No be God for some people grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by vkings: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2010
On a serious note, I see nothing wrong with marrying a low status man.
One problem I see is occasional inferiority complex on the side of the man and this can lead to constant quarrel if not well managed.
And the woman should also learn how to shut her mouth up in related issues when discussing with her friends.

Different strokes for different people though. cool
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by birdman(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2010
the status thing is silly. There are poor people with a good head on their shoulders. And there mean-spirited well to do people. BUT: I would still consider "status" in marrying. You may be open-minded about the whole thing, but your family and in-laws may not be so liberal. You can expect you and your wife to live in constant family quarrels.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by nethacker(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2010
vkings:

On a serious note, I see nothing wrong with marrying a low status man.
One problem I see is occasional inferiority complex on the side of the man [/b]and this can lead to constant quarrel if not well managed.
[b]And the woman should also learn how to shut her mouth up in related issues when discussing with her friends.

Different strokes for different people though. cool
d first is always d product of such relationship and d 2nd shld be d solution but unfortunately,babes talk more than required of them grin grin
i can date any1 as long as there is understanding.
i hv dated som1 above my class(education-wise) and she tends to be so controlling and want everything her way all because of that.Since i was struggling and she was comfortable because her parents r rich, i overlooked all those shyt and focused.she misbehaved n requested for a breakup which i consented to n i moved on.She believed she was attractive and she will always get a guy any day anytime.all d relationships she had afterwards were nothing 2 write home abt cos she was lied to n was used.she heard i hv gone abroad for further studies n eversince then,she no allow me rest oo. somtimes d status of a thing always lead the ladies 2 misbehave n because time waits for no one,they end up loosing.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Moyola(f): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yu neva kan tell!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by reucom: 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2010
That is why marriages never last, We should all allow God time to choose for us a life partner, and this is not about status as status is nothing but pride and prides will always destroy, Bless u all
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by nethacker(m): 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2010
reucom:

That is why marriages never last, We should all allow God time to choose for us a life partner, and this is not about status as status is nothing but pride and prides will always destroy, Bless u all
i reason wit u jare my broda
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by reucom: 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2010
whats up baltimore? God never fails
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by annawhite(f): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
if he's brainy and handsome:i dnt mind
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by violent(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2010
why not?. . . , .as long as she's intelligent enough to maintain a good conversation,. . . . . hot enough to make my friends wanna commit suicide, . . . . , . . smart enough to catch the flimsiest sarcasm. . . .wild enough to think sky diving should be done every Saturday. . . daring enough to explore every sexual fanatsies cheesy . . why not?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by degubi(m): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2010
I am marrying the individual not the position. Status is just a factor of opportunity and many are not where they dreamed of being because they were not given the same chances as others due to no fault of theirs. So if i am to choose between happiness and public scrutiny i definitely will choose happiness. Besides the purpose i am in a relationship is to add value to the person i am with, therefore if she does not have the so called status then it is my duty to ensure that she is statusfied
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by aladdin001(m): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
i think it depends on the condition u re in.
u cant be status-less and want to marry s/1 below dat status.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nicky minaj has set the media ablaze see what the rapper shared online now 18+ / #bbnaija: Mercy Caught Masturbating? (video) / Woman Lifts Her Skirt, Sprays Perfume All Over Her Thighs After Entering A Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.