Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (11318 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?

Yes: 65% (66 votes)
No: 34% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by tymeC: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
coolGNBohr, you're very correct.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by emmatok(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

It is not everyday that you see an ex-agbero turn into a bank manager. Women have their reasons for seeking a CEO husband. If you must put up with[b] the crap known as men[/b], you can as well put up with a very successful one.

What do you mean by that statement in bold.

So the EDUCATED SON of a BANK MANAGER is a crap to the DAUGHTER of MIKE ADENUGA. Because their STATUS DIFFERS .

I really wonder how some people reason.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Olumogun: 5:33am On Dec 15, 2010
eghost247:

yeah your right
both sexes
get desperate
but really where there is love
and respect
for each other
status shouldn't be the issue
but then u cant blame people who dont want to be with an underachiever

hummmm!, an underachiever! (another subtle definition for class/status)

because a man/woman does not have a car, live in a mansion/build a house, come from Dangote or Adenuga's family?
so when a man is not a master holder or a proffesor or an MD of a multinational he is an underachiever?
and if a woman is not Agbani Darego, Dora Akwuyili, 'Cecilia Ibru' she is an under achiever?

no wonder we don't have "HOMES" again where family VIRTUES and CHARACTERS are developed,
but "HOSTELS" where man and woman just CO-HABITS to manufacture 'handsome touts' and 'pretty criminals'

WHAT I THINK SHOULD COME UP AS IMPORTANT IN MARRIAGE IS LOVE & VIRTUE and not class/status.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Ikedonn(m): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2010
I would marry a lady below my class.If she's independent ,hard-working and reason well,i would marry her.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by ImFavoured(f): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2010
turboman:

Irony of most women:
As age increases, the desired qualities of the dream mate decreases grin

lolz
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by nkilirox(f): 10:33am On Dec 15, 2010
I think people should stop believing this love conquers all, that mess is only for the movies. It doesn't work in real life. If you need a real life current example on why you should stay on your level, just remind yourself of the 9ice/Toni Payne wahala. She should have never married a vulcanizer who barely speaks henglish, knowing that she was an overly pampered Cali girl who has been flying minimum business class since dem born am.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Olumogun: 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
nkilirox:

I think people should stop believing this love conquers all, . . . . .

^^^
no love do not conquer all, MONEY does, abi

so what do you want in a relationship, LOVE or MONEY?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by tayolumi(f): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
Let me give ya'll an example:

A fourth year attorney at a very succesful Chicaga law firm who is doing extremely well. She's on her way to become a partner.
A guy wants to date her, just got out of university, didn't have a job, had a car with a hole in it, had no money.
Whereas she's a very succesful lawyer practicing in her hometown where she has incredible relationships and he's not from the town and knows nobody there.
But she saw so much potential in him that when they were married, she was the primary breadwinner in the family for the first 10 years

Today, that man is the president of the United States of America and she is the First Lady.

Get it?

I honestly am also a sucker for brainiacs! Not a must but def an advantage.
Besides I think a mechanic or a "blue man" can also be very smart, just might have never made it to university out of whatever reasons.
Either his family simply didn't have enough money to send him there or he's been troubled by an ogbanje spirit tongue
But I do believe one should just follow God's direction and it'll all work out to the best.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by lokya(f): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2010
Thanks 4 telling me ur from Lokoja, no vex any way
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by swiftycool(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2010
I would have said it wasnt a biggie, but for real life experience ive witnessed. A senior colleugue of mine from a quite rich background and gud higher education in the Uk, settled 4 a lady 4rm a poor home who was still at a poly. Her dad was a maiguard and mum a petty trader. On getting married, he was faced with helping the entire family, from paying his wifes fees thru uni to accomodating and educating 4 of her siblings and financially supporting 3 others, helping to complete d building of her family home, support d wifes mum's business, helping the fathers debt problems and a whole lot more. He has virtually become a begger to his family who are now tired of his borrowing or never being able to contribute reasonably to family projects. Today many of his peers and 2 of his younger brothers have achieved a lot more materially & are very com4table, while he has been stagnant and looks way older and wretched every new year, just becos he married way below his status. Now b4 u do pls think!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by sessy2(f): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
A Very big NO
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by OchiAgha2(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
I have no problem dating amongst the lower classes. It is easy to impress women of a lower class. I could possibly marry a woman of a lower status as well. I have seen many Igbo men who are successful, marry a woman from their village who does not have much money. Does that count?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by alagha: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I have no problem dating amongst the lower classes. It is easy to impress women of a lower class. I could possibly marry a woman of a lower status as well. I have seen many Igbo men who are successful, marry a woman from their village who does not have much money. Does that count?
NO! but ONE must be able to understand the difference between-LOVE, MARRIAGE and MONEY before classifying tribe,age,color ,race etc. as a statue of marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by kay4biz(f): 1:26am On Dec 18, 2010
I voted Yes but if I have to explain I would say Yes and No

Yes if the person is a nobody that has aspirations and working towards achieving a better lifestyle. Like a mechanic that is doing a part-time program in a university in order to improve himself or saving to open his own mechanic shop. A shoe maker planning to open his own shoe factory, you get the gist.

But a BIG NO if he is a mechanic that settles to playing the boy boy or a shoe maker that is satisfied with just repairing shoes at the road side, of course there are other examples.

Bottom line, the man I would marry should be a big dreamer. No, not just at night but he should also wake up dreaming! You know what that means right?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 1:42am On Dec 18, 2010
Marry a man below your class at your own risk.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by lizzy153: 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2010
can't ever except if successfully jazed! onceĀ  a girlfriend of mineĀ  dated a guy sure the guy was very convincing mouth wise but he never could provide for his girl financially not to talk of eternal emotional abuse.he always seem to enjoy sucking money from her purse and he lacked the ability to spend wisely he always even seemed to blame the poor lady for his misfortune saying she holding my star i think someone should have given him a knock out or sth angry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by diva90: 5:04am On Apr 23, 2016
I did and it's something I regret sometimes. We come from totally different backgrounds, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, he wasn't. my only consolation is that he has potentials to grow and be comfortable. I don't recommend anyone who cannot 'manage' to marry below their level of comfort. It's pretty tough especially if you are at the starting stages of your life where you need spousal support materially and emotionally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Should Never Do This During Sex!!! / Nicky minaj has set the media ablaze see what the rapper shared online now 18+ / Woman Lifts Her Skirt, Sprays Perfume All Over Her Thighs After Entering A Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.