Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (11317 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?

Yes: 65% (66 votes)
No: 34% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by member479760: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2010
most of ladies will remain single at 40, make una continue continue!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2010
iice:

Intellectually below, NO.  Other things are not so relevant to me

What is intellectually below in your own words?. Assuming you have a masters degree and he has an OND and is doing pretty well in his career; he is not an illiterate but you have a higher degree than him. So, if all things being equal, are you going to reject him because he is yet to obtain a masters degree?.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2010
pro01:

Lets hope all the girls yapping about 'status' inherited/attained such 'status' by virtue of their privileged family backgrounds or extra-ordinary brilliance. Not the majority of female graduates in Nigeria who got their jobs in exchange for forrking & sucking one 'chief', exec, or HR boss or the other (and continue forrking/sucking their bosses to keep their uncertain jobs). . .now they'll open their mouths to brag about being 'self-made' or having some punanie-induced 'status'. Tell me something I don't know jare.

There are many Nigerian guys who rose to the top by sleeping with madam. So, what's the difference?.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
aladdin001:

i think it depends on the condition u re in.
u cant be status-less and want to marry s/1 below dat status.

Is that possible? grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by turboman(m): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
Irony of most women:
As age increases, the desired qualities of the dream mate decreases grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Olumogun: 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
The irony of life anywhere is that what u call STATUS is a mere shambles to another person.
what you pride in as wealth is just a peanut/change to someone else,
and your so called royal family background/status is like a common man in another land.

So, STATUS is just another subtle way of describing ego, pride, and self in a person.
and if you disagree, then tell us: WHAT IS YOUR STATUS?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^
Tell them oh.

aladdin001:

i think it depends on the condition u re in.
u cant be status-less and want to marry s/1 below dat status.

Wonderful.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by emmatok(m): 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2010
Women are funny creature.

They want to marry a men taller than them.

They want to marry a man higher than them.

They want to marry a man with status above their own.

Yet, they do not want the man to control them.

Yet, they want equity in the relationship. How ironic.

They forget that STATUS it-self is not permanent. Only change is permanent .

I have seen MOLUE BUS CONDUCTOR become a B.SC holder, and he is currently BRANCH MANAGER with a BANK.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 12:04am On Dec 14, 2010
emmatok:

Women are funny creature.

They want to marry a men taller than them.

They want to marry a man higher than them.

They want to marry a man with  status above their own.

Yet, they do not want the man to control them.

Yet, they want equity in the relationship. How ironic.

They forget that STATUS it-self is not permanent. Only change is permanent .

I have seen MOLUE BUS CONDUCTOR  become a B.SC holder, and he is currently BRANCH MANAGER with a BANK.

It is not everyday that you see an ex-agbero turn into a bank manager. Women have their reasons for seeking a CEO husband. If you must put up with the crap known as men, you can as well put up with a very successful one.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by antispam5(m): 1:05am On Dec 14, 2010
For me as a guy, heck no. angry angry angry angry

I want a female baller like myself who has a good head on her shoulders,knows how to handle business, not some market chick gold-digger grin grin grin grin

If you sleep with dogs you end up with fleas in your buttocks grin grin grin

I want a Michelle Obama type self made woman who has intellect and applies herself with it.

If you choose to date someone much lower, understand this you will have children who due to her or his inferior DNA will become dregs of the soceity, you have been fore-warned.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by ShyOne(f): 1:49am On Dec 14, 2010
I don't know.

Status - in terms of money and position - I COULD CARE LESS - because we WILL MAKE THAT TOGETHER

Status - in terms of being intelligent, witty, - IS A MUST

I cannot date an uneducated man

I just can't - He has to be educated - because he has to be able to keep up with me or life just won't be worth living for me with him.

I can't do ignorant, can't write, can't read well, can't hold conversations on many different topics, no experience.  Ooooh noooo.

All Brawn and no brain = DEATH

I have never been into the all muscles and no mind.  Or the fat wallet and big stomach looking men.  Your wallet or your huge stomach - does nothing to stimulate my va-j-j or my mind.  Sorry - my wallet is probably larger.

If you can't make me laugh or make me think or stimulate me mentally - ours is a lost cause - 1 + 1 won't equal 2.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Tinksh(f): 1:52am On Dec 14, 2010
Status?? Are you serious?? Sounds like the poster is up him/herself!! Are you a snob? If you look down on people you will be a very lonely person.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by ShyOne(f): 1:53am On Dec 14, 2010
Olumogun:

The irony of life anywhere is that what u call STATUS is a mere shambles to another person.
what you pride in as wealth is just a peanut/change to someone else,
and your so called royal family background/status is like a common man in another land.

So, STATUS is just another subtle way of describing ego, pride, and self in a person.
and if you disagree, then tell us: WHAT IS YOUR STATUS?

I LOVE THAT - IT IS SOOO TRUE.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by chika98: 2:21am On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians won't kill me. If your father isn't Adenuga then tell me what "class"? Abi socioeconomic status? Na those udara tree your papa get for village or the $300grand mortgaged home your parents have? LOL status ko!
Even If he is Adenuga so what?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by antispam5(m): 2:55am On Dec 14, 2010
She needs to be brainy and sexy,not some dimwit who cant discuss world politics and attend a social dinner grin grin grin

She needs to be well travelled and well versed in other cultures other than "Genevieve Nnaji"

She needs to be very adept to learning new things that I like, mountain bike riding,ski-ing and surfing grin grin grin

She needs to be humble but independent, not some retarded deer that just stares at you shocked shocked shocked shocked

She must be great with sarcasm and self deprecating humor, not someone who even out "hisses" a cobra snake grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by antispam5(m): 3:02am On Dec 14, 2010
I need a woman who can kick butt, in all aspects be sexy,beat up robbers,outsmart ceo's,jump off bridges,feed hungry children,cook dinner,run a business and dine with world leaders, like her

Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 3:59am On Dec 14, 2010
antispam5:

SERIOUS HISS
She needs to be brainy and sexy,not some dimwit who cant discuss world politics and attend a social dinner grin grin grin

She needs to be well travelled and well versed in other cultures other than "Genevieve Nnaji"

She needs to be very adept to learning new things that I like, mountain bike riding,ski-ing and surfing grin grin grin

She needs to be humble but independent, not some not-so-smart deer that just stares at you shocked shocked shocked shocked

She must be great with sarcasm and self deprecating humor, not someone who even out "hisses" a cobra snake grin grin grin grin

He needs to be brainy and sexy,not some dimwit who cant discuss world politics and attend a social dinner grin grin grin

He needs to be well travelled and well versed in other cultures other than "JAY JAY OKOCHA"

He needs to be very adept to learning new things that I like, mountain bike riding,ski-ing and surfing grin grin grin

He needs to be humble but independent, not some not-so-smart deer that just stares at you shocked shocked shocked shocked

He must be great with sarcasm and self deprecating humor, not someone who even out "hisses" a cobra snake grin grin grin grin
He needs to zip it up always
He needs to have at least a PHD

He needs to be able to buy Veyron and other $2m cars for birthday.

He needs to be very very good in bed.
He MUSt have 6 packs.
He needs to be at least 6 ft.

He needs to have pristine white set of teeth.

He needs to be my bodyguard always.

He needs to know how to cook because I love good food.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by eghost247(m): 4:13am On Dec 14, 2010
Lol for all this chicks
saying they cant marry someone below their status
the older u get
and Ur stil single
all u will think about is settling with someone
irrespective of their social status
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 4:15am On Dec 14, 2010
eghost247:

Lol for all this chicks
saying they cant marry someone below their status
the older u get
and your stil single
all u will think about is settling with someone
irrespective of their social status

Must a woman marry?. Don't guys get desperate when they hit 40?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by dayokanu(m): 4:34am On Dec 14, 2010
A man can always go to his village and pick an 18yr old
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by eghost247(m): 4:52am On Dec 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Must a woman marry?. Don't guys get desperate when they hit 40?
yeah ur right
both sexes
get desperate
but really where there is love
and respect
for each other
status shouldn't be the issue
but then u cant blame people who dont want to be with an underachiever
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by AloyEmeka5: 5:28am On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

A man can always go to his village and pick an 18yr old
A 40 yr old woman can do the same. Do not confuse the fact that women loves to respect their age unlike men with lack of demand.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by valoval: 5:31am On Dec 14, 2010
Only in Nigeria this is why they are still the world most corrupt people.  you want all these things, well best of luck. guys be proud of who you are. i remembered when i was still in nigeria working and studing , all the girls go for the guys wth cars but never cared how it came about,  today i thank God i ve all that i need a daughter a house good job that pays high, yet i dont feel different am still who i am back then. come to think of it only girls from poor backgroung seek all these things. here in europe you hardly know who is rich or not cos you are not feeding anyone and even if once he or she is eighteen go to hell they will tell you. Easy my people you go nowhere with all these things. High status is good but should be built sincerely then humility you should embrace, I love Nigeria and i miss her cos where a child is born is very important in the child's life.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by obowunmi(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2010
Its ok for men to marry down. Its not ok for women. I mean seriously, collecting money from a woman is not manly. Only gays and users collect money from wifey. Be a man, make your own money.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by lokya(f): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2010
na wah no wonder ur name na Money177. super glue
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by kaymoney2(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2010
lokya:

na wah no wonder your name na Money177. super glue

@ Lokoja wetin that one mean naww undecided
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Omolola1(f): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2010
No and Yes
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by alagha: 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2010
omolola 1 why yes and no please explain your position known tnks
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by Omolola1(f): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2010
Yes if he is willing to upgrade, no if he is not
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by slymm(f): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
it is bette people stop with all this if i love him or her crap, Leave love out of it. We are all aware that marriage is a failed institution, we are only hanging unto it by a thread. Men just marry for the sake of it, and women marry because the big 30 is fast catching up. If you ask more than half the women gettin married today, they are only doing it because time is running out, so they have to marry the man they are feeding, or the struggling worker, a man they never imagined they will marry. All these women here saying they want intellectualls or men who can make them laugh, are just talking. When 35 yrs shows up, they will not care. It is a well known fact that standards drop as one gets older. It is supposed to be the other way round, but not so in this society where marriage is the be all and end all of a young womans existence. Sad!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by alagha: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
the willingness to upgrade will depend on the level of relationship been established before or after marriage otherwise it could turn out to be a deceive!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote by iice(f): 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What is intellectually below in your own words?. Assuming you have a masters degree and he has an OND and is doing pretty well in his career; he is not an illiterate but you have a higher degree than him. So, if all things being equal, are you going to reject him because he is yet to obtain a masters degree?.

Lol trust nigerians and their 'titles'.  No i'm not talking about higher degree.  Afterall going by NL, being an undergraduate is almost like being stuck in secondary school or worse, just graduating primary school. I know people who only graduated primary school but were taught by a good samaritan thus ended up being literate, with good jobs, and well spoken but they never went back to school and they didn't need to. So all things being equal, i don't need him to have some degree. . .it's important how he reasons, how well his mind circulates (coz that tunnel vision thing does not work for me), ability to pick up stuff, and i cannot stress common sense enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Shares After-sex Pictures Of Him With His Sister-in-law / Chilling With My Daughter And My Baby Mama - Photos / #bbnaija: Mercy Caught Masturbating? (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.