Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). (64457 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by codedguy1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2010
The odds 4 arsenal getting barca was 4-1. They still managed to get barca. How wud hnic cope now? Am waiting 4 d analyses on how wenger will defeat barca over two legs. Where is duduspace?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2010
coded guy:

The odds 4 arsenal getting barca was 4-1. They still managed to get barca. How wud hnic cope now? Am waiting 4 d analyses on how wenger will defeat barca over two legs. Where is duduspace?

i believe arsenal will beat barcelona. aaron ramsey(new xavi) will be back by then.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chamotex(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2010
GAYnners yet to show up still grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2010
cou-gar:

i believe arsenal will beat barcelona. aaron ramsey(new xavi) will be back by then.
What about Vela they said was better than Messi?
He too has to play for Arsenal to have a chance
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
BARCELOANUS!!!! oya na, it is game on. . . . . . *trembling voice* cry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by follypimpi(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
Even if Barca field TEAM C, we will still get our ass whupped. Our players lack the desire and hunger to WIN.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by kaypumpin2(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
Hehehehehehehe,una wan kill una sef over a match that will take place in Feb. grin

At least we will get excuse of losing to the best team in the world. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2010
You just knew it was shaping up towards this, if na here the UCL tory end for this year, the team only have themselves to blame for not being better in the group stage, yet another hard lesson learnt. We would have met them at some point anyway to win the cup. The team can only go and try their best, if we get knocked out, so be it, lets focus on winning the CC first of all.

I'm however not throwin in the white towel cos they still have to beat us on the pitch, but if you get beaten by Barca there is no shame in that abeg, go ask Mourinho's backside. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2010
StarBoard:

What about Vela they said was better than Messi?
He too has to play for Arsenal to have a chance

don't forget bendtner the new paolo rossi. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chamotex(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2010
duduspace:

You just knew it was shaping up towards this, if na here the UCL tory end for this year, the team only have themselves to blame for not being better in the group stage, yet another hard lesson learnt. We would have met them at some point anyway to win the cup. The team can only go and try their best, if we get knocked out, so be it, lets focus on winning the CC first of all.

I'm however not throwin in the white towel cos they still have to beat us on the pitch, but if you get beaten by Barca there is no shame in that abeg.

Nope . . . you are not throwing in the towel grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2010
Why are y'all surprised, we chose to play Barca this early . . .
We could have taken Roma and hoped for the big guns to falter but nah, we just had to lose to silly teams.

Now what will Wenger pull off this time . . . I suggest total anti-football.
It works for Mourinho and Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2010
chamotex:

Nope . . . you are not throwing in the towel grin grin grin

Wetin yu want make I do naa? Facing Barca on current form is a daunting prospect for anyone but the boys still have to show up on the pitch and do it abi no be so? Barca would be foolish to think they've already qualified, at the end of the day, this is soccer and its full of surprises.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
eldee:

Why are y'all surprised, we chose to play Barca this early . . .
We could have taken Roma and hoped for the big guns to falter but nah, we just had to lose to silly teams.

Thats the best tactics in this case.
But Im sure AW won't so let's just prepare to watch good football.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chamotex(m): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2010
duduspace:

Wetin yu want make I do naa? Facing Barca on current form is a daunting prospect for anyone but the boys still have to show up on the pitch and do it abi no be so? Barca would be foolish to think they've already qualified, at the end of the day, this is soccer and its full of surprises.

This is all you have to say? Just 2 lines? Compared to your 20 line average cheesy grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
Hopefully we would have won the CC by then so there should be less pressure.

Or maybe we should loan Diaby to Barca in January so he can help us cause some injuries in training?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by slimshay(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
Eldee, mo sorry gan. We do not know how to play anti-football. When the time comes, we will talk about this match. Until then. . . . abeg where that CC semi-final jare.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2010
chamotex:

This is all you have to say? Just 2 lines? Compared to your 20 line average cheesy grin grin

I no get yur time today, when it calls for 20 lines I go write am. grin We meet Barca in 2011 and its gonna be a game.

eldee:

I don't think so and to be honest, I don't want to see it, we can change the shape of the team to be tighter but I still wanna see good football. Besides, it didn't work for Mourinho recently did it?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by tkb417(m): 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2010
Nothing too difficult for God to do!

If God wants it, expect Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa and Puyol to be injured at the same time!

Pray!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by chamotex(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2010
tkb417:

If God wants it, expect Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa and Puyol to be injured at the same time!

Pray!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by jaybee3(m): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2010
duduspace:

I no get yur time today, when it calls for 20 lines I go write am. grin We meet Barca in 2011 and its gonna be a game.

I don't think so and to be honest, I don't want to see it, we can change the shape of the team to be tighter but I still wanna see good football. Besides, it didn't work for Mourinho recently did it?
Did Mourinho play anti-football with RM?
Your only chance of beating barca is if you lot pack the midfield
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2010
breaking news: laurent koscielny and sebastien squillaci have handed in their transfer request to arsenal fc following the just concluded champions league draw for the knock-out stages. more reports to follow later.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2010
As an aside, rumour has it that Denilson might be off to Wolfsburg in January.

His tweets MAY suggest there's some truth in it.

When someone tweeted him about the rumour he first asked,

How u know about wolfsburg??

and then later added

i intend to stay at arsenal[b] if is up to me[/b] tank you for concern.
emphasis mine
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2010
proudly9ja:

Hopefully we would have won the CC by then so there should be less pressure.

Or maybe we should loan Diaby to Barca in January so he can help us cause some injuries in training?

We could try organizing a friendly match against Stoke for them, Shawcross owes us one.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by kaypumpin2(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2010
tkb417:

Pray!
THIS!  grin

Oh the ills of coming second in that supposedly easy group.  embarassed

Make the fear no go catch em boys sef affect them for tommorow's match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
slimshay:

Eldee, mo sorry gan. We do not know how to play anti-football. When the time comes, we will talk about this match. Until then. . . . abeg where that CC semi-final jare.

Maynne, that's our only option jare. . . you do know Barca is better now than they were last season.
That's hard to believe but now they have a true Barca striker . . . and Iniesta is now more consistent.

If we play footie against them it will be worse than last season.

duduspace:

Dude, how many times will I say this . . . Mourinho did not play anti-football in the El Classico.

How can we change the shape of our team, we already play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 . . . I want to beat Barca, since it's obvious that they are better footballers, then we should do sumn else.
It's foolish to try one thing 100 times and expect a different result.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2010
jay bee:

Did Mourinho play anti-football with RM?
Your only chance of beating barca is if you lot pack the midfield

Don't just pack the midfield, pack it with Diaby, Shawcross, Taylor, Essien and Vieira (the Arsenal version) grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by dayokanu(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
When I say Yeba, you say Riba

YEBAAA.

You should fear nothing since Vela is the next Messi, Diaby is the best drimbler in Yurope, Szczeny is the Return of Buffon, Walcott is Usain Bolt

Kolscieny is Nesta, I suspect fabregas would go to the Nou Camp and get missing on the street never to return:

Cou-gar, You got that wrong. Laurent Kolscieny has informed coach wenGAY that he is likely to be injured around mid-February for 3 weeks while Squillacci has informed the coach that he might have some family issues to attend to around that same time, Sagna is likely to be observing Ramadan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Make the fear no go catch em boys sef affect them for tommorow's match.

Some of them go don dey see Messi for dream now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by duduspace(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2010
proudly9ja:

As an aside, rumour has it that Denilson might be off to Wolfsburg in January.
His tweets MAY suggest there's some truth in it.
When someone tweeted him about the rumour he first asked,
and then later added
emphasis mine

Wouldn't be surprising as that MF is getting crowded, with JW overtaking him the transfer bell started sounding for Denny and we've got to make space for the likes of Aneke and others already showing great promise. Soccernet says something in the range of 11m is being mooted, that is quite profitable as I was thinking in the range 6 - 8m  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by cougar1: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
dayokanu:

When I say Yeba, you say Riba

YEBAAA.

You should fear nothing since Vela is the next Messi, Diaby is the best drimbler in Yurope, Szczeny is the Return of Buffon, Walcott is Usain Bolt

Kolscieny is Nesta, I suspect fabregas would go to the Nou Camp and get missing on the street never to return:

Cou-gar, You got that wrong. Laurent Kolscieny has informed coach wenGAY that he is likely to be injured around mid-February for 3 weeks while Squillacci has informed the coach that he might have some family issues to attend to around that same time, Sagna is likely to be observing Ramadan

this is so baddddd!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by eldee(m): 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2010
The God/Undercover cheff that did it for us against Tottenham shall do it again. grin grin
We need all of em to have food poisoning . . . and start throwing up on the pitch.

We'll just score 10-0 so we won't even need the away goal rule. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). by proudly9ja(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2010
Yeah I agree the midfield is getting crowded and Denilson seems to be the least favourite. Il miss him at Arsenal though.

But Itl be good for his career. He needs to start playing regularly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Strictly Chelsea Talk: / Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.