Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? (34430 Views)

My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by popsy2(m): 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
hmohammed:

Please don't discourage others just because education or Nigeria didn't work for you. I studied engineering in Nigeria and I am on a 6 digit monthly salary today and also work with one of the top 100 company's in the world. There ate many others like me in this country. The problem with Nairaland is that it is filled with many hopeless Nigerians that can't think logically anymore. Let me just stop here abag

Listen, you are just one negligible exception out of hundreds of thousands graduates and don't for one day think that you are better or more qualified than those roaming the streets. Take it or leave It, majority of Nigerian graduates are unemployed because of the system and no fault of theirs. Take this same chaps to Canada and watch them blaze trails. Do you even know the National unemployment index? Compare it with other countries.
Whoever thinks I am discouraging him/her should just wait for it. Them no dey tell person again. On your own, you go must have sense.

And so you know, I am doing very well for myself but I am hustling like I never went to school. Not expecting nothing from the system.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Kingrexyl(m): 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
Don't rely on your cert bro, drop it and hustle or find a way to leave this country where you can get a better job with good pay, infact I can't remember the last time I checked my 2.1 cert, it has been long bro.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by franchasng: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
SPLENDID25:
valentinefelix6@gmail.com
You can check your mail
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by yusman14(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Start applying for bank job like access and stanbic
Bro...u mean bank job...He is an engineer na...kolewerk
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by mofresh(m): 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
[hahahahahahaha.....this guy derserve another award.......
ucham:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. You think say the guy sabi hold spanner? Even him professor no fit fix im own motor.

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
yusman14:
many bankers and auditors in nigeria have engineering degrees

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by mofresh(m): 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
[img]yeh whole agba say so....
yusman14:
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by yusman14(m): 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
many bankers and auditors in nigeria have engineering degrees
They can never be satisfied and fulfilled compared to practicing engineering .......
How did they cope sef

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by yusman14(m): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
engrelvis:
enrol in one auto or car mechanic workshop n humbly learn .remove pride n learn d nitty gritty .in computer learn apps of mechanical design.when ur well grounded in all these ur ready.don't also forget to join ur professional body.Above all b humble in yr dealings.
What about age criteria when searching for jobs.... no time again after learning all these.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
yusman14:
They can never be satisfied and fulfilled compared to practicing engineering .......
How did they cope sef
why are you talking like a dullard . Are there engineering jobs to begin with So u rather they are unemployed than take banking teaching accounting jobs ba

3 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Uwaiwe: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:
Good day great intellectuals of Nairaland.

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.
Go for your masters in Power systems Engineering immediately on completion of Service. It will give you the competitive edge and open opportunities in global stage.

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
why are you talking like a dullard . Are there engineering jobs to begin with So u rather they are unemployed than take banking teaching accounting jobs ba

He isn't a dullard.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
popsy2:

Listen, you are just one negligible exception out of hundreds of thousands graduates and don't for one day think that you are better or more qualified than those roaming the streets. Take it or leave It, majority of Nigerian graduates are unemployed because of the system and no fault of theirs. Take this same chaps to Canada and watch them blaze trails. Do you even know the National unemployment index? Compare it with other countries.
Whoever thinks I am discouraging him/her should just wait for it. Them no dey tell person again. On your own, you go must have sense.

And so you know, I am doing very well for myself but I am hustling like I never went to school. Not expecting nothing from the system.

Peace.

His point is that there are people doing well with their degrees.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by SolarEdge: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
Smile. Mechanical engineering!
My advise is, go and learn a good skill in your chosen field.. Industrial diesel generator repairs, maintenance and installation, Industrial AC repairs, maintenance and installation, automobile repairs and maintenance, just learn something. It will cost you your time and people might think you're going mad. But I promise you within 5 years in this you'll thank me

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by lordally(m): 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.

Ok you have done a good job by making a second class upper... Glasses up for you well by the way it's just a good step in the right direction and I will say you have done your part now welcome to the real world as it stands now the only way or rather the surest way of making it in Nigeria legally and quickly is through information technology which is called IT ..... Have you ever noticed each time there is a job opening either in the Nigerian civil service or any other government parastatal there is always multitude of crowds and a stampede and some people even lose their lifes? It's because these are jobs that requires non-technical skills that's why lots of people push towards it!!!

But have you ever seen a case where there is a job opening where PROGRAMMERS, UI/UX DESIGNERS , APP DEVELOPER , IOS DEVELOPER , DATA SCIENTIST , DATA ENGINEERS are needed and there are crowds or stampede? NEVER!!! because people who possess the skills are scarce therefore leading to the higher pay!!!

BRO I WOULD ADVICE YOU LOOK AT WHERE YOUR INTEREST LIES AND CHOOSE A COURSE IN ICT THAT INTEGRATES WITH THAT INTERES!!!

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER THAT IS JOBLESS I REPEAT I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN ACCEPT SAY THE PERSON NO KNOW IN WORK!!! I JUST FINISHED MY NYSC LAST YEAR OCTOBER ....AND I'M CURRENTLY WARMING UP TO GO FOR A SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TRAINING AT STUTERN...... IN VIEW TO BE A FULL STACK SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/ENGINEER .... AND BABA ONCE IM DONE WORK GO DEY FIND ME!!! IM 100% SURE!!!! ONE OF MY COURSE MATE JUST HAD HIS INTERVIEW AND MEDICALS WITH UNITY BANK HE WENT THIS FAR BECAUSE HIS AN APP DEVELOPER!!

BRO IN SUMMARY HERE IS MY ADVICE .... IF YOU ARE IN LAGOS I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO TRY AND REGISTER FOR THE STUTERN GRADUATE ACCELERATOR PROGRAM ....those guys are super good in training and are less expensive!!!! And the training is for 4 months after that baba I swear!!! The highest you would stay at home without a job is one month!!!

That's my little cent bro!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by FarmWell: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
If you can discuss and write about Engineering topics in a way that is easy to digest for both Engineering and non-engineering audience.

If you love machinery, familiar with manufacturing processes, and can write about these topics in respect to "The importance of Engineering in Industrialization", then send a mail to the contact below, indicating interest, as well as your Resume' to be part of a Media Project.

muchnessng@gmail.com

Put your name and engineering expertise on display where the top companies can easily find you, as you share your knowledge on all things Machinery.

Same applies to anyone else who has some engineering knowledge.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

He isn't a dullard.
he is what then. Shebi u just served . How is the job market.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Amudeneogu: 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
Just go find a very big site and open a very big mechanic workshop and be very serious there I think you will be getting customers.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by popsy2(m): 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

His point is that there are people doing well with their degrees.

and my point is that for every one person doing well with a degree, there are perhaps a thousand others not doing well with theirs and not their fault.

My point is also that for every one person doing well with a degree, there are thousands of others doing better without a degree.

Kaji ko?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by pjhyde: 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
Edipet:
thank you sir, I have learn from this too
Thank God, I'm happy you learnt from it
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Glorylynn: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Bro my candid advice to you,try and start learning some computer programming languages,that’s the way forward now bro,after finishing that you can apply for jobs even outside Nigeria,the world needs computer programmers and data analysts..that’s the latest
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
he is what then. Shebi u just served . How is the job market.

It is good. Why did u ask?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by pjhyde: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
yusman14:
That was then, this days the banking industry is a big life saver after the education sector. They especially consider the engineering g guys because they feel they will be good with calculations, plus they will be easy to train.
I know at least four of my colleagues whom we studied geology together, who are in the banking sector.
In fact the manager of my university branch of one of the new generation banks when I was in school was the best graduating student in that same Geology department in his own time. Like somebody said, they no they tell person now o. As I like oil company or university reach, nobody teach me when time reach before I swerve.
At some point in life, the only thing that come to mind is survival.

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by mcksn: 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
[url]ibeere.com[/url]
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
pjhyde:

That was then, this days the banking industry is a big life saver after the education sector. They especially consider the engineering g guys because they feel they will be good with calculations, plus they will be easy to train.
I know at least four of my colleagues whom we studied geology together, who are in the banking sector.
In fact the manager of my university branch of one of the new generation banks when I was in school was the best graduating student in that same Geology department in his own time. Like somebody said, they no they tell person now o. As I like oil company or university reach, nobody teach me when time reach before I swerve.
At some point in life, the only thing that come to mind is survival.

Normal level
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
Who will teach me Gee?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

open an automobile repair workshop immediately. you can start by carrying out routine maintenance & repair work for your family, friends & acquaintances for a fee.

see, everyday, these uneducated technicians are less able to understand and work on late model vehicles with their integrated electronics and complex control systems. the knowledge gap is wide open for smart guys like you to fill...

Where do you think this Guy graduated from? Harvard? MIT?

He's told us he graduated from Benin. And I can correctly assume he knows nothing like me, too.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by zone51: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

While going obeying the clarion call, learn python programming language, move to Europe (Germany to be precise), go for your Masters, tuition is free. The future is bright, see you in Berlin 2 years from today.

All the best in your endeavours cool
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by damzy88: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Why are people so unreasonable with their comments on this topic?

Someone came here for advice and some people are advising him to open a POS shop. If all engineering graduates open POS shops, what would be the future of engineering in Nigeria? Also, would he fell fulfilled in the next 10 years time?

My advise, find a way and obtain a masters degree in Engineering and give it a last shot. You don't want to spend your life wishing that you strived harder to achieve engineering roles.

I believe that for you to choose engineering initially, there is a predilection you have towards Engineering. It is a known fact that our country has failed it's graduates but aside that, if you are skilled in a particular area, there would be opportunities for you.

Those who want to open POS shops should go ahead. He needs engineering advice and if you don't have, kindly pass.

This is one of the best comments on this thread. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by TechCapon(m): 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Yamsyy:
You want to have a passive income?
You wanna learn how Blockchain and Cryptocurrency investments work?

*I can show you a simple way you can use N2500 -2800 only to start with ETHEREUM SMART CONTRACT and rake in 6 figures..*
You must sha be willing to teach at least 2 people this strategy!
Sounds interesting? Kindly join the group https:///JvWgUZf1T3T0fQiASnwB1g
the link is dead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Use Airtel Youtube Night Data / Hijab: University Of Ibadan International School - Muslims Protest / Mention One Crazy Thing You Did In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.