Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Nigerian Academia In Diaspora - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (30550 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Nigerians In Diaspora Badmouth Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsQED(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2010
There are over 6 billion people in the world, not 3 billion.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2010
SEFAGO:

The nzelibe guys is not nigerian. A nigerian is someone who was born, bred and hustled in Nigeria before going abroad to hustle some more. grin

You just like wahala grin
People don read book finish for this thread. Proud Nigerians and Proud Biafrans cool
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by aljharem(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
PhysicsQED:

There are over 6 billion people in the world, not 3 billion.

we are 8 billion in the world
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by loma(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2010
Interesting list.

What if someone could harness their collective strengths to create a viable linkage between academia, business and government in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2010
loma:

Interesting list.

What if someone could harness their collective strengths to create a viable linkage between academia, business and government in Nigeria?

I was in town last weekend and was speaking to Prof Ajayi at "Finger Licking" on Saturday night, I was amazed at the number of people top intellectual from Nigeria he was reeling off at the top of his head.

I was so ashamed of my meagre achievement
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
SEFAGO:

The nzelibe guys is not nigerian. A nigerian is someone who was born, bred and hustled in Nigeria before going abroad to hustle some more. grin
But his name is Nigerian, no?

What sign  is there that the man in this link hussled in Nigeria first before coming over? http://dabiri.caltech.edu/people/dabiri.html
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
dayokanu:

I was in town last weekend and was speaking to Prof Ajayi at "Finger Licking" on Saturday night, I was amazed at the number of people top intellectual from Nigeria he was reeling off at the top of his head.

I was so ashamed of my meagre achievement

How do you rate your achievement as meager? Have you compared yourself with you real age mates and not acedemicians old enough to be your father/uncle/elder brother?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
CHUKWU NWAKUCHE ETHELBERT : administrator , mathematician, author, researcher, university teacher; Born November 22, 1940 in Eastern Nigeria, West Africa; Married and has six children
Education : BS, Brown University, RI, USA, Applied Mathematics: 1965, MS, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Eastern Nigeria, 1972, PhD, Case Western Reserve University, Mathematics
Career history : currently, Tenured Professor of Mathematics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA since 1998 to date, formerly, Visiting Prof. NCSU, Raleigh, NC, USA, 1987-1988,Visiting Prof., University of Tennessee, TN, USA, 1985-1987, Visiting Prof., Iowa Sate University, Iowa City, IA, USA, 1983-1985, Prof., of Mathematics, University of Jos, Plateau State, Middle Belt, Nigeria, 1981, Reader, University of Jos, 1976-178, Assoc. Prof., Cleveland State University, OH, USA 1976-1978, Asst. , Prof., 1972-1976,Lecturer, 1972, Asst., Lecturer, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 1970, Acting Chairman, Dept. of Mathematics, UNN, Enugu Campus, 1966-1967; Visiting Research Prof., Brown University, RI, USA, Vice-Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Yola, Gongola State, Northern Nigeria, 1981-1984, Dean, School of Post-Graduate Studies, University of Jos, 1977-1981, Chairperson, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Jos, 1979-1981, Recipient: Nigerian State Scholar, 1954-1960, African Scholarship program for American Universities, University Fellow, Case Western University, NASA Research Grant Award; Author: “ On the Stability of a Non-Homogenous Differential Equation of the Fourth Order” ( 1972), “ Symmetries of Linear Central Systems” (1974), “ On the Boundedness and Stability Properties of Solutions of Some Differential Equations of the Fifth Order” (1975), Member: National University Commission of Nigeria, National President, Mathematical Society of Nigeria, American, Mathematical Society, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by jason12345: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
i am so proud of these people (they are all nigerians igbo or yoruba grin wink). but mehn these people dey read ooo!!!
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2010
Bartholomew O. Nnaji, Alcoa Foundation Professor of Manufacturing Engineering (The Guru himself)

Degrees B.S. in physics, St. John’s University, 1980; M.S. and Ph.D. in industrial engineering and operations research, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1982 and 1983, respectively

Awards U.S. Secretary of State’s Distinguished Public Service Award, 1995; United Technologies Outstanding Teacher Award, 1992; Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 1988; Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers; and Fellow, Nigerian Academy of Sciences.

Research Principal investigator on research sponsored by the National Science Foundation, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Digital Equipment Corporation, and IBM.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
And of course Chinua Achebe
Brown University Prof
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by DapoBear(m): 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Sefago alias DapoBear,

Why dont you google him and let us see when he published a peer-reviewed article last. I was in a Nigerian forum sometime ago when someone took him to task on that and he was only talking about socio-political Nigerian issues published in Dawodu.com.
It is what it is, plenty of professors coast after getting tenure. Not going to name names, but even a pretty famous guy at my own school is imo coasting, despite only being 55 or so.

That man is a mediocre. I do not need a PhD. There are about 3 billion or so people in the world, how many of those have PhDs? But if you must have it, then use it well. Bolaji is not doing so.
Eh, Bolaji is your superior. Achieve at his level before you attempt to criticize him. What on earth have you done in your life that compares with him? You have less degrees, a smaller brain, less money, and less respect in the Nigerian(-American) community.
You might not even be good enough to gain admission into Bolaji's ChemE department, talk less of being a tenured prof there or the chair.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by SEFAGO(m): 11:41pm On Dec 13, 2010
DapoBear:

It is what it is, plenty of professors coast after getting tenure. Not going to name names, but even a pretty famous guy at my own school is imo coasting, despite only being 55 or so.
Eh, Bolaji is your superior. Achieve at his level before you attempt to criticize him. What on earth have you done in your life that compares with him? You have less degrees, a smaller brain, less money, and less respect in the Nigerian(-American) community.
You might not even be good enough to gain admission into Bolaji's ChemE department, talk less of being a tenured prof there or the chair.

Word, getting tenure is pretty difficult but immediately you get it you are done. I know some profs who stopped publishing in 2003. I had a research advisor once who was very lax although he had a PhD from Berkeley. The guy ran away to Cambridge because they focussed more on undergraduate studies there than some major research universities in the US. He ws not under consistent pressure to publish or produce research results. However, Americans dash tenure compared to their european colleagues. A lecturer could teach for years in the UK but never get the opportunity to be called professor.

And me and dapobear are not the same people lol. I keep telling people I dont make fake usernames, if I want to tell you my mind I will. And records show those guys are not Nigerian. A lot of them identify with being Nigerian- but they did not go through the stress that the average Nigerian did. There is a difference between a Nigerian borna nd bred in the US or UK and a Nigerian born and bred in Nigeria who moved to teh US or the UK.

They are not the same, and their achievements are not equal.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2010
This spambot is getting irritating. I remember when I posted about David Blackwell, Percy Lavon Julian, and Vivien Thomas, in an "Unofficial Black History Month Thread" I got banned. I gotta keep everything brief now.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2010
Nwadiuto (Diuto) Esiobu
PhD: University of Louvain, Belgium; Post Doc. MIT Cambridge
Associate Professor
Department of Biological Sciences
Florida Atlantic University

Research Interests:
Work in my lab is in the area of applied microbiology.  There are projects in Environmental and Public Health microbiology, microbial ecology, antibiotic resistance, development of antimicrobial agents (drug discovery) and decontamination of surfaces.  The goal is two fold viz:  To understand the complex interactions and distribution of bacteria in the environment (land, water and air) to allow for risk assessments and protection of public health; and To apply cutting edge techniques in defining microbial communities especially in poorly characterized niches.  The molecular fingerprint of these communities can serve as early predictors of environmental disturbance or restoration.   Examples of projects include a) Microbiological quality of beach sand in Florida and health implications b) Characterization of marine bacterial community using DNA sequence analysis c) Decontamination protocols for endospore contaminated surfaces,  d) Development of rapid detection methods for bacteria in the environment and Foods  e) Tracking the sources of bacterial contamination using biochemical and whole genome restriction analysis etc.  My current project is to determine the mechanism and scope of action of recently patented novel antimicrobial agents.  Several of my former students have found careers as Quality Control Microbiologists in Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries using skills acquired in my lab.  Others go on to become Laboratory managers and Research & Development Scientists, or well-grounded School teachers.  Students who work in my lab are involved in all aspects of the study – from planning to execution to data interpretation.  They learn a plethora of traditional microbiology techniques, molecular biotechnology techniques as well as research ethics.

http://www.science.fau.edu/biology/faculty_staff/esiobu.htm
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2010
alj harem:

we are 8 billion in the world

According to google there are 6.7 billion. 8 billion is a decade or so off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by yeswecan(m): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2010
They should come home and help build our education system. How many western professors do we have in Nigeria? The good once of Africa has been bought by the west to add to their pile of scholars -
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by SEFAGO(m): 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Nwadiuto (Diuto) Esiobu
PhD: University of Louvain, Belgium; Post Doc. MIT Cambridge
Associate Professor

Research Interests:
Work in my lab is in the area of applied microbiology.  There are projects in Environmental and Public Health microbiology, microbial ecology, antibiotic resistance, development of antimicrobial agents (drug discovery) and decontamination of surfaces.  The goal is two fold viz:  To understand the complex interactions and distribution of bacteria in the environment (land, water and air) to allow for risk assessments and protection of public health; and To apply cutting edge techniques in defining microbial communities especially in poorly characterized niches.  The molecular fingerprint of these communities can serve as early predictors of environmental disturbance or restoration.   Examples of projects include a) Microbiological quality of beach sand in Florida and health implications b) Characterization of marine bacterial community using DNA sequence analysis c) Decontamination protocols for endospore contaminated surfaces,  d) Development of rapid detection methods for bacteria in the environment and Foods  e) Tracking the sources of bacterial contamination using biochemical and whole genome restriction analysis etc.  My current project is to determine the mechanism and scope of action of recently patented novel antimicrobial agents.  Several of my former students have found careers as Quality Control Microbiologists in Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries using skills acquired in my lab.  Others go on to become Laboratory managers and Research & Development Scientists, or well-grounded School teachers.  Students who work in my lab are involved in all aspects of the study – from planning to execution to data interpretation.  They learn a plethora of traditional microbiology techniques, molecular biotechnology techniques as well as research ethics.

http://www.science.fau.edu/biology/faculty_staff/esiobu.htm

Is this mekusxxx, ehen keep searching for me jor  grin

Oh its a woman well, dont expect women to go to school, they are supposed to be in the kitchen angry

What is she doing there
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2010
Kinglsey Idehen- Kingsley Idehen is Founder, President, and CEO of OpenLink Software, a privately held company founded in 1992. Born in Manchester, England  in 1965, of Nigerian heritage, Idehen was raised in both Great Britain and Nigeria. In the mid 1990s, he relocated to the USA, where OpenLink is now based

from Wiki:

Founded in 1992, OpenLink Software, Inc., is a software company headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA. The company develops and deploys standards-compliant middleware  products that cover:

* Transparent access to SQL data sources via ODBC and JDBC drivers, and OLE-DB, ADO.NET, and XMLA data providers;
   * Enterprise Data Integration of heterogeneous SQL and XML and RDF data sources;
   * Web Services Composition and Deployment;
   * Business Process Management and Integration.

OpenLink Software is creator and owner of the Universal Data Access drivers suite (comprising OpenLink ODBC Drivers, OpenLink JDBC Drivers, OpenLink OLE-DB Providers, OpenLink ADO.NET Providers, and OpenLink XMLA Providers); the Virtuoso Universal Server; the iODBC driver manager; the OpenLink AJAX Toolkit for RIA development; OpenLink Data Spaces; and other leading-edge middleware products.

With approximately 50 employees spread over 7 countries and 4 continents (figures from September 2007), OpenLink Software products are used by enterprises of all sizes from sole proprietorships to Fortune 100 companies. The company's products are in use in over 10,000 production deployments worldwide.

OpenLink Software revenues derive from selling support, consulting services, and training for their open-source products, as well as licensing fees for their closed-source and dual licensed products.

As an example: OpenLink Software makes the Virtuoso Universal Server (Open Source Edition) available under the GPL at no charge and also sells it under other 'more traditional' licenses to clients who do not find the GPL suitable for their purposes (such as inclusion of OpenLink Software technology in a closed source product).

Other sources of revenue for OpenLink Software include providing support and consulting as well as training and certification for the Virtuoso Universal Server and their Universal Data Access drivers. OpenLink Software products are also embedded in products by other companies including: Apple, Avaya, Lucent, Sungard Bi-Tech, North Plains Systems, Open Text, and others.

From infoworld.com:

2003 InfoWorld Innovator: Kingsley Idehen
OpenLink Software's CEO followed his scientific instincts to build Virtuoso, a wildly innovative virtual database for SQL, XML, and Web services
By Jon Udell | InfoWorld
Print | Add a comment

Kingsley Idehen had planned to become a genetic engineer. But when he wound up in the business world instead, his instincts led him straight to the heart and soul of business: accounting. While learning the ropes, he became fascinated with IT infrastructure.

A formative influence, Informix intrigued Idehen with its ability to pull information from a database and pump it into a spreadsheet that an accountant could analyze. At the same time, he couldn't understand why "the simplest things cost a hell of lot of money and take an inordinate amount of time," he says.

After he mastered Xenix, SQL, and Informix's Uniplex business software, Idehen began to see what was wrong: The vendors didn't understand the business problems their products were meant to solve. So he became a programmer in the late 1980s and, before long, was working for Unisys as a database integration expert.

Working with the Progress database, Progress has a rich language and an environment for creating business applications, although other databases such as Oracle and Informix were more popular. Database middleware was the missing link. With his new drivers, Idehen demonstrated using Excel on Windows and on the Mac at a show in Munich, Germany, in 1992. Idehen found the opportunity that would eventually launch OpenLink Software in Burlington, Mass.

"My cheap little table was crowded," Idehen recalls. It was clear he had a talent for writing database drivers. The skill, he says, is "to make a driver represent the community that it serves." In other words, a Progress driver had to behave the way a Progress programmer expects it to.

At the same time, Microsoft's evangelization of ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) was taking root. Whereas ODBC got a bad rap for being slow, OpenLink built a reputation for making high-performance drivers. Idehen still wasn't satisfied, because ODBC could only connect to one database at a time. As the Web emerged, it became clear that businesses would increasingly need to connect to many different data sources.

"Knowing all those databases intimately, it was easy for me to visualize the concept of a virtual database," Idehen says. Idehen went shopping for an engine on which to base such a product and settled on Kubl -- a fast, portable, ODBC-aware SQL database. Never heard of it? That's because Idehen snapped it up as soon as he found it.

In 1999, OpenLink emerged with the concept that has since evolved into Virtuoso 3.0. At the core, it's a SQL engine that not only supports ODBC but can attach foreign databases through ODBC. Then came the layers: an e-mail server, a news server, an application server, a SOAP stack, Java and .NET bindings, a WebDAV server, and XML storage, indexing, and transformation. The goal was always business process integration, but that was difficult to explain. Then in January of 2003, IBM "decided to regurgitate Data Joiner -- and they used the magic words 'virtual database,'" That was the validation Idehen was looking for.

"Heterogeneity is a fact of corporate life," Idehen says. Now that he's built a platform that consumes and provides SQL, XML, and Web services, Idehen has come full circle. He's finally ready to make business data represent the community that it serves.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by SEFAGO(m): 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2010
Olubusayo Awomolo would have been one of these people.

But the cruel world took that away. But there's a God they say

Have they caught the culprits yet? In the spirit of martin luther king, I did not want to say anything about mandingo and his people. So unfortunate though, I wish I actually took steps to know him.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by DapoBear(m): 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2010
yeswecan:

They should come home and help build our education system. How many western professors do we have in Nigeria? The good once of Africa has been bought by the west to add to their pile of scholars -

This doesn't make sense until Nigeria gets serious about education. Otherwise their talents and abilities will be wasted. Nigeria right now is going through the motions, but not trying to compete for real, in my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by yeswecan(m): 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2010
DapoBear:

This doesn't make sense until Nigeria gets serious about education. Otherwise their talents and abilities will be wasted. Nigeria right now is going through the motions, but not trying to compete for real, in my opinion.

You are waiting for a decent environment to stroll in at ease but the country you are today took people's guts and blood to create that decent environment. Who is Nigeria if not you and me . . when you say Nigeria is not ready it directly means we are not set and whose fault is that . . the govt?

Don't you think its a lazy argument to blame the govt or wait for the environment to be fixed before you take action? who are you waiting for by the way?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by yeswecan(m): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
It is a shame those we should be looking up to - those with the drive, knowledge and information to place Nigeria in the right part are all waiting . . .  Its pathetic.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by DapoBear(m): 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
yeswecan:

You are waiting for a decent environment to stroll in at ease but the country you are today took people's guts and blood to create that decent environment. Who is Nigeria if not you and me . .  when you say Nigeria is not ready it directly means we are not set  and whose fault is that . .  the govt?

Don't you think its a lazy argument to blame the govt or wait for the environment to be fixed before you take action? who are you waiting for by the way?
Well, the universities imo should be privately run, not begging at the teats of the FG for funding. The FG gives them money arbitrarily and not consistently. It is hard to do good research if you cannot pay salaries, have people striking all the time, are getting inconsistent funding, etc. Research and academics requires longterm planning. Ideally you secure your funding stream for 4 or 5 years at a time so you can have peace of mind to do good work.

I don't want a perfect environment, just a reasonable one for people to accomplish something. Right now, Nigeria doesn't even have that.
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2010
yeswecan:

Many of these guys have stuff going on at home
Prof Manny Aniebonam is the chairman of Afrihub training Nigerians on IT stuff and equipping ou runis with IT capabilities.

http://www.afrihub.com/
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 12:00am On Dec 14, 2010
Dr Marcel Ajah is doing some hospital stuff in his state (I think Ebonyi)
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 12:01am On Dec 14, 2010
Dr Nwadiuto is training staff and students at the Chevron Biotech Centre at the University of Yola
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Dec 14, 2010
igbobuigbo:

How do you rate your achievement as meager? Have you compared yourself with you real age mates and not acedemicians old enough to be your father/uncle/elder brother?

How much older than you do you think this guy is

John Dabiri is a Professor in the Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories and the Option of Bioengineering at Caltech.  He graduated from Princeton University with a B.S.E. degree summa cum laude in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in June 2001.  In September 2001, he came to Caltech as a National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow, Betty and Gordon Moore Fellow, and Y.C. Fung Fellow in Bioengineering. Under the supervision of Professor Morteza Gharib, he earned an M.S. degree in Aeronautics in June 2003, followed by a Ph.D. in Bioengineering with a minor in Aeronautics in April 2005. He joined the Caltech faculty as an Assistant Professor in May 2005. In 2008, he was selected as an Office of Naval Research Young Investigator for research in bio-inspired propulsion, and Popular Science magazine named him one of its "Brilliant 10" scientists. He was selected for a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) and was promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure in 2009. In 2010, he was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship and promoted to the rank of Professor with tenure.

See his 20page resume here

http://dabiri.caltech.edu/people/jodabiri_cv.pdf
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 12:04am On Dec 14, 2010
Prof Nnaji is the CEO of Geometric power Abuja/Aba, and currently an adviser to Jonathan
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by igbobuigbo: 12:05am On Dec 14, 2010
dayokanu:

How much older than you do you think this guy is

John Dabiri is a Professor in the Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories and the Option of Bioengineering at Caltech.  He graduated from Princeton University with a B.S.E. degree summa cumlaude in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in June 2001.  In September 2001, he came to Caltech as a National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow, Betty and Gordon Moore Fellow, and Y.C. Fung Fellow in Bioengineering. Under the supervision of Professor Morteza Gharib, he earned an M.S. degree in Aeronautics in June 2003, followed by a Ph.D. in Bioengineering with a minor in Aeronautics in April 2005. He joined the Caltech faculty as an Assistant Professor in May 2005. In 2008, he was selected as an Office of Naval Research Young Investigator for research in bio-inspired propulsion, and Popular Science magazine named him one of its "Brilliant 10" scientists. He was selected for a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) and was promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure in 2009. In 2010, he was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship and promoted to the rank of Professor with tenure.

See his 20page resume here

http://dabiri.caltech.edu/people/jodabiri_cv.pdf

Is he a Nigerian based on Sefago's definition?
Re: Nigerian Academia In Diaspora by ProAnti: 12:06am On Dec 14, 2010
[size=14pt]Dr. Matthew Sadiku                                        
Professor
[/size]
Email: mnsadiku@pvamu.edu     EDUCATION
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Tennessee Tech University, 1984.

M.Sc. in Computer Science, Florida Atlantic University, 1988.

M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Tennessee Tech University, June 1982

B.Engr. in Electrical Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria,  Nigeria, 1978

INTERESTS

Computer communication networks

Numerical techniques in electromagnetic

Engineering Education
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES/MEMBERSHIPS    

Editorial Board, IEEE Potentials

Associate  Editor  of IEEE Transactions of Education

IEEE Region 2 Student Activities Committee Chairman

IEEE Student Faculty Advisor for Temple Branch

Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Education

Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems

Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques

Reviewer for IEEE Antenna and Propagation

Reviewer for Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications

Reviewer for Journal of Sound and Vibration

Reviewer for John Wiley & Sons

Reviewer for CRC Press

Reviewer for Saunders College Publishing

Instructor on "Transmission Lines" for PE Exam Refresher Courses

Judge for Pathfinders of Palm Beach and Martin Counties Scholarship

Engineering Faculty Consultant for Southeastern Consortium for Minorities in Engineering (SECME)

Chair of sessions in several conferences

Member of IEEE

Member of American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)

Member of Organization of Nigerian Professionals, USA-Inc.

Professional Engineer -- Registered in the State of Florida

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Yet To Appoint Ministers – Presidency / Isa Pantami Becomes Professor Of Cyber Security / Sanwo-Olu Donates ₦100 Million To Akere Spare Parts Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.