Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,584 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Dumped For Being A Nigerian - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumped For Being A Nigerian (9063 Views)

My New Boss Is My Wife’s Ex She Dumped For Me..what Should I Do? / Dumped For The Second Time By Same Gal In 1year / Dumped For His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by K2: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2010
Shy-One:

@ OP

Whatever you choose or don't choose - whatever you do or don't do - Keep "God" first. God knows what human eyes cannot see. If you communicate daily with the maker of "all things."

He protects you, loves you, chooses for you.

People meet each other via shopping, farming, working, phone, online, through strangers, relatives, etc. There is no guarantee that who you "initially" meet in person will treat you better than someone you meet online or via phone. There is no guarantee that who you "initially" meet in person won't abuse you later up the road, won't cheat on you later up the road,

With God first - when he draws 2 people together, his methods of connecting "who is suppose to be connected" and that couple, group, company, etc., is blessed by him to experience harmony, truth, honesty, longevity in their relationship.

"So it matters not what be your lot" - however you meet. When both parties - you and your mate - both put God first - God is the equalizer and when God is first in the relationship, God is the attraction, God removes fears, that is my insurance.

This man in Nigeria - I am respectfully and sincerely grateful that he walked into my life and because his "quality is so supreme," - I am too busy reveling in his very existence in my life versus focusing on the vehicle of conveyance used to "get him there."
"Trust but verify", says Ronald Reagan. In as much as I know that this could genuine, I'd also caution you to be very, very careful. If the guy could visit the states on his own without need of your assistance, I’d say the probability that it’s for real is high. Remember the same God also said you should be wise as a serpent. I wish you the best. Keep us posted!
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 24, 2010
@poster, sorry to hear about that. Its not fair to judge one person by the bad reputation that others have given Nigerians.
I recently had a similar thing happen to me. I met a nice man from the Ivory Coast and we were exchanging emails.He seemed to really like me and we had much in common. He asked me about my last relationship so I told him I had been involved with a Nigerian man for almost a year and that it had been a positive experience.I never heard from him again.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by AjanleKoko: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Naija . . . the orphans of the Love World grin

Good thing we're many, enough to go round without disturbing other nationalities cheesy
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by yam: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ poster, you read less and talk too much, dont u read the papers and online news about our image as a country.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by earlalright(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
eya, na so e dey be atimes. but for me, na the babe sabi, i am proudly Naija till the death

Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
what i find hard to beleive is that yall were acquainted for over 2 weeks and the issue of u bieng nigerian didnt pop up till u got back to the UK?! i mean isnt one of the first points of a converseation with a stranger "so where are u from"?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
Freesia:

Did the lady is question assume you're a Black Brit with no heritage?
I doubt she stopped any communication with you because you're from Naija She obviously knows blacks living in the UK have come from somewhere mainly Africa or the West Indies.
if your twang bothered her she would have asked you as soon as she met you where you come from originally if she didn't ask you It looks like she could have cared less with where you're from.Anything could have happened. Be proud of who you are

I like that.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Iysayah(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
grin why will she not run for her dear life, you Niaja guy? thats big trouble on her hands man! here in Helsinki, Nigerian guys are notorious for sharing pregnancies like[b] 2face style[/b] , bluetoothing, ,when i came here, as soon as i mention[b] Nigeee[/b] to babes, they dont wait to hear the conclusion. check your bluetooth! grin
thats the key grin
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2010
Iysayah:

grin why will she not run for her dear life, you Niaja guy? thats big trouble on her hands man! here in Helsinki, Nigerian guys are notorious for sharing pregnancies like[b] 2face style[/b] , bluetoothing, ,when i came here, as soon as i mention[b] Nigeee[/b] to babes, they dont wait to hear the conclusion. check your bluetooth! grin
thats the key grin

Stop generalising, how do pple share pregnancy?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by marabout(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
Rossike,

I sympathised with you until you said you would deny who you are in the future.

Kay-man,

why would you want to date someone who is not mature enough to know that each country has good and not-so-good people? Are you so desperate? If you need papers I can understand.

What emperical evidence is there that criminals per 100,000 population or any other parameter you chose shows that Nigeria has more crime rate than other countries of similar socioeconomic conditions?

All we see and hear is Western propaganda and copied by others. In UK, there are more Nigerian prisoners, more Nigerian doctors, more nigerian nurses, more Nigerian students, more credit card fraudsters than those from say Uganda or Gambia. It is all proportional to population. Because they know that for a fact, they have mischieviously avoided any scientific study into it. I AM NOT DEFENDING BAD BEHAVIOUR BUT FAIRNESS IS PARAMOUNT.

Of course we should be more careful in what we do and totally eschew things that can bring opprobrium knowing the predudice. I see Nigerians everyday here doing great stuff. The best the human race can do at the moment. I do not have any complex whatsoever.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Iysayah(m): 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
justwise:

Stop generalising, how do pple share pregnancy?
wait till you see one bro
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by philipojo: 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2010
Can you imagine kettle calling pot black, Jamaica chic snobbing 9ja guy na wah oooooooooooooooooooo after all all the crimes we commit in a whole calendar year in 9ja is not up to what is committed in california or kinston Jamaica sef,
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by philipojo: 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2010
Justwise make we give their chics belle their population is small after all, and now their guys are all GAY. Its a blessing jare guys carry on grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by lagoshost(m): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
Just passing!
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by philipojo: 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
Honestly I think been a Nigerian is a blessing aside our leaders messing up. I have a similar experienced in the past too in S.A I visited a Pub in Pretoria and at the entrance the security guy asked after my ID immediately I told him am a Nigerian he said Nigerian's are not allowed and when I asked him why he said we sell hard drugs to customers.

I only told him the bitter truth, they robbed 9ja's too atleast I am once a victim so their management should stop the nonsense and I left with my head up no qualms.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by newmusic: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2010
I met this Jamaican girl, and she likes me so much even though I told her I am a Nigerian. As a matter of fact, she wants to come to Nigeria.

I also met these 3 Zambians, so pretty, but they ate Nigerians cuz of bad experience with them, but I still told them I am. My friend wanted to claim South African but of what use. At the end of the day, they like us so much cause of the way we present ourselves, we are now so close like one family.

So there are good and bad people everywhere.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by eghost247(m): 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
How Do things like this make it to the homepage?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by TinTin18(f): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
Take heart Rossike!
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by pharuk: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
newmusic:

I met this Jamaican girl, and she likes me so much even though I told her I am a Nigerian. As a matter of fact, she wants to come to Nigeria.

I also met these 3 Zambians, so pretty, but they ate Nigerians cuz of bad experience with them, but I still told them I am. My friend wanted to claim South African but of what use. At the end of the day, they like us so much cause of the way we present ourselves, we are now so close like one family.

So there are good and bad people everywhere.
Spot on.
I have had similar experience, when i was seeing a Caribbean girl, some Zimbabwe and Ghanian guys schooled this girl on Nigeria and how they will marry you for your passport and some sort of shitty story, after i did my best to prove that am different-i switch on tv, lo and behold "abdul-mutalab" Nigerian terrorist, na so rlt enter voicemail
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by bisiaet: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2010
I've never been discharged so quickly by a woman. Just as the thing was shifting into higher gear, I now went and opened my blabber mouth to say I'm from Naija. Next time I go form say I from SA or even Ghana, instead of carrying Naija people's trouble on my head!

I wanted to adise you before on the thread yo posted BUT was pissed off for what you said above I thought you are the type of big guys who know what he want but saying what you have just said above you really dissappoint me so I hold my peace no need wasting my time with your thread.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by sulad82i(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
funny topic lol
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by bisiaet: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
I've never been discharged so quickly by a woman.   Just as the thing was shifting into higher gear, I now went and opened my blabber mouth to say I'm from Naija.  Next time I go form say I from SA or even Ghana, instead of carrying Naija people's trouble on my head!  

I wanted to adise you before on the thread yo posted BUT was pissed off for what you said above I thought you are the type of big guys who know what he want but saying what you have just said above you really dissappointed me, so I hold my peace no need wasting my time with your thread. God bless
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by chibaby5(f): 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2010
Am Sorry but da thread topic made me shyt maself in cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by nitrogen(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2010
its a sad thing o
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Solozzo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sorry to hear about your experience But Rossike how did you know the babe dumped you because you are a Nigerian She did say so in any way and you did not contact her anymore The way the issue is it cannot be clear she dumped on account of your nationality Try and find it if she is still alive and well and if interested in you
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
but my jamaican friends on facebook are so fond of me. They even call me on phone most times.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Farxiya(f): 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
What makes you so sure she dumped you because your Nigerian?? There could be plenty of other reasons. Maybe she met someone else. I mean it's not like internet relationships are that serious anyway.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by LordElNou: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
really embarasing the way people react to my reply of being a Nigerian, after admiring me and questioning me of my nation, when I'm out of this my Home Nation!
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Litmus: 8:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
I recently met this babe in Jamaica. She worked in reception at the resort I stayed in on a 2 week trip. We got really friendly, exchanged numbers  etc. When I returned to the UK, I sent her an email, and we generally sent messages  to and fro. She even got talking about what her ideal night out was etc etc, all seeming to suggest a level of interest on her part. In reply I sent an email in which I made a passing reference to being a Nigerian.

Omo, as God is my witness, from that day till now, I've not heard a single word from that babe. She totally blanked mehn!  I didn't even bother sending out another mail because I'm far too dignified to chase after such obvious riffraff.

Mssssheeeeew.

Doubt it's 'cause you're Nigerian, hell Nigerians are a catch. Lets see, the Nigerian, unless mixed, he/she, supremely clean, smart,  kind & generous, confident and out going. Unlike most Africans the Nigerian is not hampered by the slavish mentality that makes others, poor, dull unheroic, company.

Jamaica and Jamaicans do not have a reputation for being timid. They don't need handouts from America or Uk or Europe thus they don't spend every waking hour worrying about living their lives in a way that pleases some foreigners wishes for compliant blacks. One cant generalize but i doubt the average Nigerian can scare the average Jamaican.

It's like, whoa 'I'm a nigerian, tremble wiv fear because we're scammers?
LOL, You'll get, "scam my Ak45"
I know, it's a cliche but, i mean, what's scamming compared to a country like Jamaica , population approximately 2 million, where, in one year 5,000 people got murdered.

Most like you got dumped, that's even if the tale is true, for some other reason.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by tellwisdom: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2010
I could remember claiming a Canadian when i was in Singapore, it really worked for me!! grin grin, My broda, claim any country you want, so far you go get wetin u want cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by 2dmax(m): 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
y'all thinking aloud but not talking! d babe is a receptionist for chrissakes!!!!!!!
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Ministerra: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2010
I didn't even bother sending out another mail because I'm far too dignified to chase after such obvious riffraff.

Mssssheeeeew.

Typical sour grape mentality. Guess u weren't thinking of your dignity and her 'riffraffness' while u were chatting her up. grin I'm a Nigerian is not such a badge of honour outside our shores. Nevertheless, be proud of your heritage, it's too late to be born again.  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Funny Expirence While Wooing A Girl / Female Body Parts Men Find The Sexiest. #1 Is Surprising / Is She A Runs Gal Or Ashawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.