Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Dumped For Being A Nigerian - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumped For Being A Nigerian (9065 Views)

My New Boss Is My Wife’s Ex She Dumped For Me..what Should I Do? / Dumped For The Second Time By Same Gal In 1year / Dumped For His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by tosyne007(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dr_Cork:

Can someboby pls beg iice icce baby (MOD) to pls give me a break. The chick's been aon my case for the past 2 yrs.

iice. Can u pls give mio a break? Pls. I will buy u a beer, 4real wink

on ur case for 2 years? u dont mean it!!! prolly u've been making promises and not fulfiling them. op u meant it this time around that u will buy her a beer,

@iice, will u pls temper justice with mercy and give the poor guy a break?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by DrCork1: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
tosyne007:

on your case for 2 years? u dont mean it!!! prolly u've been making promises and not fulfiling them. op u meant it this time around that u will buy her a beer,

@iice, will u pls temper justice with mercy and give the poor guy a break?

Bro iice is one of teh MOD's but I call her: iice iice baby (Vanilla ice), but still, she on my case everyday.

Pls help me beg her & I will buy u a beer! wink
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by tosyne007(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dr_Cork:

Bro iice is one of teh MOD's but I call her: iice iice baby (Vanilla ice), but still, she on my case everyday.

Pls help me beg her & I will buy u a beer! wink

i know who she is.

u wont have to buy me a beer cos i dont take alcohol. all u need do is to fulfill wateva promise u made to her cos i saw some of her posts and i think she takes promises seriously. aiight?

@iice, want to blv u are reading all these, once again i plead on his behalf, give him a break.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrCork22: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
tosyne007:

i know who she is.

u wont have to buy me a beer cos i dont take alcohol. all u need do is to fulfill wateva promise u made to her cos i saw some of her posts and i think she takes promises seriously. aiight?

@iice, want to blv u are reading all these, once again i plead on his behalf, give him a break.

Bro she wouldnt listen. she keeps attacking me every 3 minutes. I didnt even do anythin. Other MODs dont behave like that.

iiicee, chill out for GODS sake!!, ok, what do u want in return to get off me back? wink
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by ShyOne(f): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ OP

I am soo ashamed to admit this - but I blew my fiancee off when he first contacted me on the internet because he was living in Africa.  I didn't even know the Nigeria part or Nigeria's reputation.  It was that I am not unattractive so I didn't have the need to meet someone online and do anything with them at all.  Also, I wasn't interested in dating anyone period.  Then after I shared with my family that this Nigerian man is emailing me - my family scared me really bad and told me all kinds of things about Nigerians and scammers and all of this scary stuff that they had read online and saw on tv.  My husband had died and my family was overly protective of me and didn't want me to fall in the wrong hands because I was crying all the time and I just wasn't myself mentally or physically.  Also, the long distance thing makes it "sooo much more work"  and I had no energy because of the deep depressions that were hitting me constantly - it was hard enough just to stay awake for 4 hours or 2 hours a day because the depression robs you of the will to live.

But I will tell you what - He NEVER GAVE UP, NEVER.  He continued to email me until I started to respond and THANK GOD he didn't give up on me.  He filled my inbox with emails - we started to chat then online - he taught me how to chat online because I didn't know.  Then he started mailing packages to my home from Nigeria - to my front door.  We talked so much that it was as if he was in the living room with me - we talked as soon as I woke up, on and off throughout the day, everyday and again right before I went to sleep.

My advice to you is to NOT GIVE UP if this person is still on your mind.  Reach out.  Or move on.  In my situation and in my case/his case - we are still going strong and it is almost one year.  I have begged his forgiveness for being "racist and buying into categorizing him" - I ignore the naysayers now and actually my family CANNOT WAIT to meet him and are looking forward to our marriage as they have never seen me so happy in a very long time.  He has spoken several times with my family on the phone.  He has sent videos and pictures and gifts and money and in return I have done the same with him to Nigeria.

I love him sooo deeply.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrsEve2(f): 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
Shy-One:

@ OP

I am soo ashamed to admit this - but I blew my fiancee off when he first contacted me on the internet because he was living in Africa. I didn't even know the Nigeria part or Nigeria's reputation. It was that I am not unattractive so I didn't have the need to meet someone online and do anything with them at all. Also, I wasn't interested in dating anyone period. Then after I shared with my family that this Nigerian man is emailing me - they scared really bad and told me all kinds of things about Nigerians and scammers and all of this scary stuff. My husband had died and my family was overly protective of me and didn't want me to fall in the wrong hands because I was crying all the time and I just wasn't myself mentally or physically. Also, the long distance thing makes it "sooo much more work" and I had no energy because of the deep depressions that were hitting me constantly - it was hard enough just to stay awake for 4 hours or 2 hours a day because the depression robs you of the will to live.

But I will tell you what - He NEVER GAVE UP, NEVER. He continued to email me until I started to respond and THANK GOD he didn't give up on me. He filled my inbox with emails - we started to chat then online - he taught me how to chat online because I didn't know. Then he started mailing packages to my home from Nigeria - to my front door. We talked so much that it was as if he was in the living room with me - we talked as soon as I woke up and again right before I went to sleep.

My advice to you is to NOT GIVE UP if this person is still on your mind. Reach out. Or move on. In my situation and in my case/his case - we are still going strong and it is almost one year. I have begged his forgiveness for being "racist and buying into categorizing him" - I ignore the naysayers now and actually my family CANNOT WAIT to meet him and are looking forward to our marriage as they have never seen me so happy in a very long time. He has spoken several times with my family on the phone. He has sent videos and pictures and gifts and money and in return I have done the same with him to Nigeria.

I love him sooo deeply.

I agree all Nigerian men aren't crooked (hush Jaybee) and they are not that special however many women opt for FOREIGN men with papers already but then again if you meet a Foreign who doesn't have papers ENTER WITH CAUTION,

We ALL have judgements about people in general and don't be no fool IN ANY SITUATION.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by ShyOne(f): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

I agree all Nigerian men aren't crooked (hush Jaybee) and they are not that special however many women opt for FOREIGN men with papers already but then again if you meet a Foreign who doesn't have papers ENTER WITH CAUTION,

We ALL have judgements about people in general and don't be no fool IN ANY SITUATION.

Thank you Mrs. Eve.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Amya(f): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Mediatrix,

You fell in love WITH YOU WHO WANTED so why can't she fall in love with who she wants? Just because someone have a preference does not mean they are racist nor sexist. That just like saying you a racist because you won't marry your own kind or a gay man a sexist because he like men. WTF, shocked undecided

The girl have the right to LIKE WHOEVER SHE WANTS, and if she doesn't want a Nigerian man, SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO.

Poster get over yourself, NIGERIAN MEN aren't the only men IN THE WORLD, damn!

true, true,
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by jmaine: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
If she feels am not good enough for her cos of my nationality then she is not good enough for me either. . .why waste your time. . guy go arrange other babes. . .
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2010
jmaine said:

If she feels am not good enough for her cos of my nationality then she is not good enough for me either. . .why waste your time. . guy go arrange other babes. . .

Thank you jmaine. Sounds like a really good suggestion. cool grin

Mediatrix said:

You fell in love WITH YOU WHO WANTED so why can't she fall in love with who she wants?  Just because someone have a preference does not mean they are racist nor sexist.

Prejudiced maybe?

I mean, someone doesn't get all friendly and cushy with you and then blank out the minute you tell them you're from a certain country. That ain't right whatever way you look at it.  undecided Personally I couldn't treat anyone like that. Not that I'm a saint but you know. . .damn. . . cool
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by sleekch1c(f): 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
i dnt blame the poor chic
like mrseve said,nigerian guys arent dat special
they just refuse to accept the fact that a foreign woman may not
want to date them.
they re so full of it! angry angry
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
ShyOne said:

@ OP

I am soo ashamed to admit this - but I blew my fiancee off when he first contacted me on the internet because he was living in Africa. I didn't even know the Nigeria part or Nigeria's reputation. It was that I am not unattractive so I didn't have the need to meet someone online and do anything with them at all. Also, I wasn't interested in dating anyone period. Then after I shared with my family that this Nigerian man is emailing me - my family scared me really bad and told me all kinds of things about Nigerians and scammers and all of this scary stuff that they had read online and saw on tv. My husband had died and my family was overly protective of me and didn't want me to fall in the wrong hands because I was crying all the time and I just wasn't myself mentally or physically. Also, the long distance thing makes it "sooo much more work" and I had no energy because of the deep depressions that were hitting me constantly - it was hard enough just to stay awake for 4 hours or 2 hours a day because the depression robs you of the will to live.

But I will tell you what - He NEVER GAVE UP, NEVER. He continued to email me until I started to respond and THANK GOD he didn't give up on me. He filled my inbox with emails - we started to chat then online - he taught me how to chat online because I didn't know. Then he started mailing packages to my home from Nigeria - to my front door. We talked so much that it was as if he was in the living room with me - we talked as soon as I woke up, on and off throughout the day, everyday and again right before I went to sleep.

My advice to you is to NOT GIVE UP if this person is still on your mind. Reach out. Or move on. In my situation and in my case/his case - we are still going strong and it is almost one year. I have begged his forgiveness for being "racist and buying into categorizing him" - I ignore the naysayers now and actually my family CANNOT WAIT to meet him and are looking forward to our marriage as they have never seen me so happy in a very long time. He has spoken several times with my family on the phone. He has sent videos and pictures and gifts and money and in return I have done the same with him to Nigeria.

I love him sooo deeply.

Thanks for your touching response. But to be honest, I'm not sure I can ever be that patient. But to each his own sha. Good luck to ya! grin cool
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by tpia1: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
they just refuse to accept the fact that a foreign woman may not want to date them.

i tire.

i dont see what the big deal is, really.

does it even warrant a thread.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by OchiAgha2(m): 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
I never got dumped for being a Nigerian, but I have often heard disparaging remarks directed at me, because I am half Nigerian. When I was staying in Ghana, the women loved me, but my Nigerian identity, was sometimes too hard for them to swallow. lol grin
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by tpia1: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
^so imagine what full nigerians have to go through and this op is throwing a tantrum over minor stuff.

if one girl snubs him, are there no other girls where he is?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by OchiAgha2(m): 12:49am On Dec 16, 2010
tpia1:

^so imagine what full nigerians have to go through and this op is throwing a tantrum over minor stuff.

if one girl snubs him, are there no other girls where he is?

I hear women run from Nigerian men, when they hear the guy is Nigerian. My Nigerian cousin thought he would be able to date this Cameroonian woman, but when she found out he was Nigerian, the girl just stopped talking to him. My time in Ghana has shown me that it is hard to be a Nigerian outside of Nigeria. All I was hearing, was that "your people are wicked o," or you should be happy you are only half.  It is amazing about the hostility. Even Black Americans and Caribbeans have a negative view of Nigerians. We get no love from anyone. lol
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrsEve2(f): 2:01am On Dec 16, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I hear women run from Nigerian men, when they hear is a guy is Nigerian. My Nigerian cousin thought he would be able to date this Cameroonian woman, but when she found out he was Nigerian, the girl just stopped talking to him. My time in Ghana has shown me that it is hard to be a Nigerian outside of Nigeria. All I was hearing, was that "your people are wicked o," or you should be happy you are only half. It is amazing about the hostility. Even Black Americans and Caribbeans have a negative view of Nigerians. We get no love from anyone. lol

Ignorance people will do and say ignorance things. Just because a few women chooses not to date Nigerian men or marry them does not reflect ENTIRETY on Nigerian men. There will always be people who don't want to date a Nigerian, Germany, British, Iraqi, Indian, and American. The point is WHY MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT WHO DON'T LIKE YOU?

Nigeria does have a NEGATIVE overview in America and other parts of the world. But, there are other nationalities that are marrying, married, dating, and dated Nigerian men and women. There will always be people who will NOT LOOK pass the NEGATIVE OVERVIEW and miss out on a wonderful person period. It goes for ANYBODY.

Not everybody think Nigeria is wicked, corruptive as hell but that does not mean EVERYONE in Nigeria is corrupted,
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by OchiAgha2(m): 2:47am On Dec 16, 2010
Mrs, Eve,

You are preaching to the choir. I am the product of such a union, so why are you telling me that? Just simply talking about some of my experiences. Cry me a river.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Daddycane: 3:39am On Dec 16, 2010
Dude, nothing do you. Look, this ladies love Nigerian men but you know what? They say Nigerian men are too aggressive, them no go fit drive you like them de do all those other ones. if u meet the one with real good intentions, she will be by you no matter what. the one whey u meet been just want chop u then she come see say u self na sense man, but next time, no too show am ur sense abi u no want chop? grin
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 16, 2010
Daddycane baba, 4real mehn. . . I for hold back dat nationality bizness until after levels.  smiley 

Imagine if I'd gone down the road of claiming Ghana or SA, and then after our first marathon sex session, sat her down and told her I was actually a Nigerian.

The look on her face would've been priceless.  grin

[img]http://letstalkchurch.files./2010/05/stock-photo-an-african-american-woman-has-a-surprised-look-on-her-face-and-puts-her-hands-on-her-face-to-show-it-223839941.jpg[/img]
grin
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by mediatrix8(f): 4:30am On Dec 16, 2010
Mrs EVE SAID:
Mediatrix,

You fell in love WITH YOU WHO WANTED so why can't she fall in love with who she wants?  Just because someone have a preference does not mean they are racist nor sexist.  That just like saying you a racist because you won't marry your own kind or a gay man a sexist because he like men.  WTF,   

The girl have the right to LIKE WHOEVER SHE WANTS, and if she doesn't want a Nigerian man, SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO. 

Poster get over yourself, NIGERIAN MEN aren't the only men IN THE WORLD, damn!

HEY girl, you've got me wrong here, according to the poster's explanation,he concluded that he was dumped by this girl simply because he is a Nigerian,and didn't know the real reason behind.who knows what happened to her why she can't reply, and if her reason of  not replying is because she have known that he is a Nigerian , that means she generalize them(NIGERIANS) without even giving him the chance to prove himself  that he is different from others, Isn't it that RACIST? If not then how do you call such girl?

Yes,It's true we have every RIGHT to choose as to whom to marry or love and don't ever call me racist by not marrying a man from my own,why not?,I can marry anyone but I am not choosing the color or race but I am considering what my heart tells me, how can I marry someone I don't love? angry angry angry
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by aminalib(f): 4:49am On Dec 16, 2010
dis story is very HARD TO BELIEVE, because once u meet someone and u exchange interest, it naturally comes up as to where u are from or where u are born, so no i dont believe that she just realized u were nigerian because u told her online, even if u didnt have an accent and she thought u were white bread american, somehow she would have asked.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by NYWM1(m): 4:12am On Dec 21, 2010
Shy-One:

@ OP

I am soo ashamed to admit this - but I blew my fiancee off when he first contacted me on the internet because he was living in Africa.  I didn't even know the Nigeria part or Nigeria's reputation.  It was that I am not unattractive so I didn't have the need to meet someone online and do anything with them at all.  Also, I wasn't interested in dating anyone period.  Then after I shared with my family that this Nigerian man is emailing me - my family scared me really bad and told me all kinds of things about Nigerians and scammers and all of this scary stuff that they had read online and saw on tv.  My husband had died and my family was overly protective of me and didn't want me to fall in the wrong hands because I was crying all the time and I just wasn't myself mentally or physically.  Also, the long distance thing makes it "sooo much more work"  and I had no energy because of the deep depressions that were hitting me constantly - it was hard enough just to stay awake for 4 hours or 2 hours a day because the depression robs you of the will to live.

But I will tell you what - He NEVER GAVE UP, NEVER.  He continued to email me until I started to respond and THANK GOD he didn't give up on me.  He filled my inbox with emails - we started to chat then online - he taught me how to chat online because I didn't know.  Then he started mailing packages to my home from Nigeria - to my front door.  We talked so much that it was as if he was in the living room with me - we talked as soon as I woke up, on and off throughout the day, everyday  and again right before I went to sleep.

My advice to you is to NOT GIVE UP if this person is still on your mind.  Reach out.  Or move on.  In my situation and in my case/his case - we are still going strong and it is almost one year.  I have begged his forgiveness for being "racist and buying into categorizing him" - I ignore the naysayers now and actually my family CANNOT WAIT to meet him and are looking forward to our marriage as they have never seen me so happy in a very long time.  He has spoken several times with my family on the phone.  He has sent videos and pictures and gifts and money and in return I have done the same with him to Nigeria.

I love him sooo deeply.
Shy-One, I am very intrigued by your story and your fiance's determination. May I ask what drew him to you?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by ShyOne(f): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2010
NY_WM:

Shy-One, I am very intrigued by your story and your fiance's determination. May I ask what drew him to you? 

My thought process - the way I process information - my response - how I think and who I am as a person drew him to me. He let himself be known to me. He observed me for a while online - how I engage with people, subjects and how I think and respond. That is what drew him to me. To him - I stood out from a group.

It's funny, my mom told me tonight that EVEN BY AMERICAN STANDARDS I am very, very different from many Americans and act quite different from my gender as well - from women around me. I think differently, I act differently - many times in America what I choose would be viewed as quite "odd."
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrCork3: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
Shy-One:

My thought process - the way I process information - my response - how I think and who I am as a person drew him to me.  He let himself be known to me.  He observed me for a while online - how I engage with people, subjects and how I think and respond.  That is what drew him to me.  To him - I stood out from a group.

It's funny, my mom told me tonight that EVEN BY AMERICAN STANDARDS I am very, very different from many Americans and act quite different from my gender as well - from women around me.  I think differently, I act differently - many times in America what I choose would be viewed as quite "odd."

Shy-One. ermm Sweeery, can I marrry you so we can cokapulate? tongue
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Candyness(f): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2010
do you expect preferential treatment when it comes to dating simply because you're nigerian?
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrsEve2(f): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
Mr cock,

You STILL BEGGING I SEE?   undecided

Back to OT,

DISCLAIMER:  Please let me put this out BEFORE I comment further Ooh lawd people get sensitive with difference of opinions.  I DO NOT HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ONLINE ROMANCE, DATING, AND SEX.

I have reservations about online romance and how a lot of people meet their husbands, wives, booty callers, and stalkers online.  They claim to have known this person WITHOUT actually meeting them WHICH is scary.  I am not saying that ONLINE ROMANCE can't work it can VERY FEW of them succeed.  

Someone said in this thread I believe that you do not know whom you talking to until you actually meet them.  People falling in love with PICTURES, words, and voices.  Some men voice are becoming soft while the women voice are become deep.  Without actually SEEING the person online, the person could be going through a sex change knowing you heterosexual and you meeting Jim instead of Jimmie.

A huge portion of women professing love for a three pack abs and a lump in the crotch area.  A man online begging random women for nyansh that HE NEVER met.  Cyberspace bring the world closer and make it accessible to communicate with different people around the world. People are expecting one thing using visual cues based on what was said and then become disappointed when they ACTUALLY meet the person.  

Some people are HONEST and the rest are deceiving their prey.  The poster's story seems to be an online romance with misinformation and dishonesty.  The chick found out the true about the poster and haul arse.  Aminalab was right when people actually meet they ask question such as where your from and etc.  The problem is some people do not know what honesty is and often messed up their blessing at the same time while being dishonest.

Anyway, I am not AGAINST online romance just find it strange that people SEEMS to feel comfortable knowing someone they haven't met.  It different when you actually meet the person offline and continue the relationship online.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by ShyOne(f): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
@ OP

Whatever you choose or don't choose - whatever you do or don't do - Keep "God" first.  God knows what human eyes cannot see.  If you communicate daily with the maker of "all things."

He protects you, loves you, chooses for you.

People meet each other via shopping, farming, working, phone, online, through strangers, relatives, etc.  There is no guarantee that who you "initially" meet in person will treat you better than someone  you meet online or via phone.  There is no guarantee that who you "initially" meet in person won't abuse you later up the road, won't cheat on you later up the road,

With God first - when he draws 2 people together, his methods of connecting "who is suppose to be connected" and that couple, group, company, etc., is blessed by him to experience harmony, truth, honesty, longevity in their relationship.

"So it matters not what be your lot" - however you meet.  When both parties - you and your mate - both put God first - God is the equalizer and when God is first in the relationship, God is the attraction, God removes fears, that is my insurance.

This man in Nigeria - I am respectfully and sincerely grateful that he walked into my life and because his "quality is so supreme," - I am too busy reveling in his very existence in my life versus focusing on the vehicle of conveyance used to "get him there."
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrsEve2(f): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
Just be careful.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by ShyOne(f): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ok - Thank you for your concern and viewpoint. You are deeply loved by soo many as you make people think - that is a valuable commodity and is one of your many strong points and talents.
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by MrsEve2(f): 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
You welcome, but it was a general statement to all including men who dates online as well.

I wish NOTHING BUT THE BEST for anyone who find love and may their love keep them together in HAPPINESS FOREVER AND EVER!

(turning toward to rabid dogs, See I am not all that mean)
Re: Dumped For Being A Nigerian by Freesia(f): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
Did the lady is question assume you're a Black Brit with no heritage?
I doubt she stopped any communication with you because you're from Naija She obviously knows blacks living in the UK have come from somewhere mainly Africa or the West Indies.
if your twang bothered her she would have asked you as soon as she met you where you come from originally if she didn't  ask you It looks like she could have cared less with where you're from.Anything could have happened. Be proud of who you are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Kneel Down To Propose To Any Lady. / South African Musician Allows Fans To F!ñg³r Her On Stage / Is She A Runs Gal Or Ashawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.