Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. (39205 Views)

New Construction Of A Block Of 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms At Awka, Anambra state / NEW Construction - 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Executive Design / Number Of Bedrooms In 50 By 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Ndyoo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
Another question Oga spyder, I thought you wrote finishing is not included in this house or did they owner changed his mind. What do you mean entirely by finishing?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
omanzo02:

Spyder, why did you opt for external sewage pipes, is it in a way cheaper than internal sewage pipes as I have noticed in most of you construction projects?

Since this is a commercial building, and we are expecting about six families to occupy the building, maintaining the flow is the major factor to consider. Some families are not as careful as others and so people throw sanitary pads, hard papers and even clothes into the water cistern or other pipes and it gets blocked. That's a major problem for a property housing six families.

If it were to be conduit piping, a serous blockage might be more difficult to correct, pipes will have to be removed from walls which may be broken into, imagine the inconvenience, the smell and the health risks.

So we usually do surface piping on commercial buildings because of the risks of blockage, and use conduit piping for single occupant duplexes. Thanks.

12 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ndyoo:
Another question Oga spyder, I thought you wrote finishing is not included in this house or did they owner changed his mind. What do you mean entirely by finishing?

Finishing is not included in the initial contract when I opened the thread, but I later took up the finish of the building on a different budget.

4 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by edoman2016: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
spyder880:
More.......
How many cars can be parked in the house compound?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
edoman2016:

How many cars can be parked in the house compound?

About 6, 4 in the straight line from the gate and 2 in the front of the house.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by edoman2016: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
spyder880:

About 6, 4 in the straight line from the gate and 2 in the front of the house.
Please what is the size of the land in sqm? I am quite impressed with your land management
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
edoman2016:

Please what is the size of the land in sqm? I am quite impressed with your land management

The land is just about 50 x 110 feet.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Sparks026(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
spyder880:

Finishing is not included in the initial contract when I opened the thread, but I later took up the finish of the building on a different budget.

Wow! So now what's the total cost including finishing as the initial amount was 40 million naira.

By the way I am curious as to what amount can complete the tiling of this whole house including the stair way.

Thanks in advance.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Sparks026:

Wow! So now what's the total cost including finishing as the initial amount was 40 million naira.

By the way I am curious as to what amount can complete the tiling of this whole house including the stair way.

Thanks in advance.

The actual amount to complete the house hasn't been determined since we are still working on the building. We have a tiles budget of N4,950,000 for;

All wall tiles
All floor tiles
All staircase area tiles
All tiles cement or any other accessories
Cement
Soft sand
Sharp sand
Transportation
Loading and offloading
Workmanship
Supervision

However, all prices of most building materials are rising steadily due to inflation, we dont know what will happen as regards tiles unit costs in the next few days but we are watching. This hike in fuel and energy prices is negatively affecting most items in the market.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Sparks026(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
spyder880:

The actual amount to complete the house hasn't been determined since we are still working on the building. We have a tiles budget of N4,950,000 for;

All wall tiles
All floor tiles
All staircase area tiles
All tilescement or any other accessories
Cement
Soft sand
Sharp sand
Transportation
Loading and offloading
Workmanship
Supervision

However, all prices of most building materials are rising steadily due to inflation, we dont know what will happen as regards tiles unit costs in the next few days but we are watching. This hike in fuel and energy prices is negatively affecting most items in the market.

Thanks.

I agree my brother, almost all building materials have sky rocketed. Some justifiable and others not. So it's really difficult to manage funds these days.

It is well o! That's what we can say.

Overall well done on your progress, good job.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Rerin: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2020
Hello all, can yiu please help me with a budget for four units of two bedroom flat on a size of 35.5ft breadth and 43ft length and the considerable bricklayer cost in Lagos mainland to be precise.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2020
Rerin:
Hello all, can yiu please help me with a budget for four units of two bedroom flat on a size of 35.5ft breadth and 43ft length and the considerable bricklayer cost in Lagos mainland to be precise.

Construction of the building or plastering?

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Rerin: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Construction sir,
Like how many blocks to use, number of cements, bricklayer construction fee, no of tons of sand, please only to construct the blocks their pillars. Is it advisable to use ordinary sharp sand without using the yellow sharp sand.

spyder880:

Construction of the building or plastering?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Rerin: 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2020
I really like this you are so professional.

spyder880:

Since this is a commercial building, and we are expecting about six families to occupy the building, maintaining the flow is the major factor to consider. Some families are not as careful as others and so people throw sanitary pads, hard papers and even clothes into the water cistern or other pipes and it gets blocked. That's a major problem for a property housing six families.

If it were to be conduit piping, a serous blockage might be more difficult to correct, pipes will have to be removed from walls which may be broken into, imagine the inconvenience, the smell and the health risks.

So we usually do surface piping on commercial buildings because of the risks of blockage, and use conduit piping for single occupant duplexes. Thanks.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
michlins:
call us and let's secure this building with our beautifully made but not limited to iron doors and window protectors. We don't just secure your house, we bear in mind that it's meant to be a home so we make it beautiful too.

Did you know that our prices are competitive too
how much does this water tank tower cost?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2020
Rerin:
Construction sir,
Like how many blocks to use, number of cements, bricklayer construction fee, no of tons of sand, please only to construct the blocks their pillars. Is it advisable to use ordinary sharp sand without using the yellow sharp sand.

It will be tough listing all the details here because of how lengthy it might be, and my time considerations because I am always on the sites.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ceiling POP works still going on in this site today...... more pictures later .

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by michlins(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2020
erico2k2:

how much does this water tank tower cost?
please contact me with the height of the building, number of tanks it's meant to carry and the location of the job.
07032fourfour6904

Thanks
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Rerin: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2020
Don't worry about other details, cement and blocks are OK for me.

spyder880:

It will be tough listing all the details here because of how lengthy it might be, and my time considerations because I am always on the sites.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
All balustrade works completed

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ceiling works ongoing.......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 7:40am On Sep 14, 2020
We plan to start the tiling of the house by this week, more pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 8:57am On Sep 16, 2020
We are going to be selecting the tiles for this house as from today. More pictures later.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by mufutau55(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2020
spyder880:
We are going to be selecting the tiles for this house as from today. More pictures later.

Good thing you get a lot of options to select from.

Hajji M.
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2020
mufutau55:

Good thing you get a lot of options to select from.

Hajji M.

Yes Sir, in this house the client is doing some good colour combinations.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by mufutau55(m): 12:43am On Sep 17, 2020
spyder880:

Yes Sir, in this house the client is doing some good colour combinations.

To compliment that lovely house o. And I trust Spyder to match the color well, well.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2020
mufutau55:

To compliment that lovely house o. And I trust Spyder to match the color well, well.

Hajji M.

Yes Sir, the selection process will let us combine the best colours of tiles all over the house, and at a friendly budget. Some tiles are more than twice as costly as others.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
We have bought and offloaded most of the floor and wall tiles that will be needed in this house. We have also bought a lot of cement and sand..........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
We have also started work on the walls of the bathrooms...........

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
Completing the POP ceiling works in this house.......

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
More updates from the tiling of bathroom walls in this house today......

3 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
A kitchen.........

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Construction Of 5 Bedroom Duplex And a 4 Bedroom Bungalow in Imo State. / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos) / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.