Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,523 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. (39196 Views)

New Construction Of A Block Of 4 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms At Awka, Anambra state / NEW Construction - 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Executive Design / Number Of Bedrooms In 50 By 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
Living room floor.......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2020
Offloading more trips of sand for the tiling work going on in this house this morning.........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Dennis3D(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Well done so far. Good work

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by omanzo02: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
spyder880:
Offloading more trips of sand for the tiling work going on in this house this morning.........
Spyder,
How many tons load is that tipper?
I noticed you uses sharp sand for plastering, block setting, tiles work etc, what is actually the difference between plaster sand and sharp sand?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
omanzo02:

Spyder,
How many tons load is that tipper?
I noticed you uses sharp sand for plastering, block setting, tiles work etc, what is actually the difference between plaster sand and sharp sand?

That's a 5 truck ton there. Theres smooth plastering sand and theirs coarse sand which we usually call sharp sand. We use both of them for plastering where needed.

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 4:47am On Oct 14, 2020
We are still working on the tiles in the whole flats of this house. More pictures from this site later today.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
More floor tiles works being done in this site yesterday........

3 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kitchens, balconies.........

3 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Sparks026(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
Oga Spyder,

Please I have a question. If one gives a messin the external plastering work and there after, the scaffolds removed; is it the same person's responsibility to fill the small holes where the bamboos passed through or it its a different (maintenance) job entirely. I am currently facing one of this argument with someone doing an external plastering work for me.

Thank you in advance for your response. @House you can contribute also.

spyder880:
All scaffolds off, all windows in...........
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
Sparks026:
Oga Spyder,

Please I have a question. If one gives a messin the external plastering work and there after, the scaffolds removed; is it the same person's responsibility to fill the small holes where the bamboos passed through or it its a different (maintenance) job entirely. I am currently facing one of this argument with someone doing an external plastering work for me.

Thank you in advance for your response. @House you can contribute also.

Except it was discussed from the beginning in the plasering contract, the artisan can win the argument and insist it's not his work. Part of that work will include carpenters to dismantle the bamboo, then the patching could be argued to be a different work altogether.
Its neither here nor there.

4 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Sparks026(m): 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
spyder880:

Except it was discussed from the beginning in the plasering contract, the artisan can win the argument and insist it's not his work. Part of that work will include carpenters to dismantle the bamboo, then the patching could be argued to be a different work altogether.
Its neither here nor there.

Hmm! Thank you for your response.

Of course, the carpenter will be responsible for the losing and dismantling of the bamboo... however, the messin in this case mentioned that it's a standard everywhere for them not to patch it except it's discussed as a fresh job or you use the iron type of scaffold to avoid any opening. It's strange to me though. Anyways we will try and reach an agreement and maybe other people can comment too.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 8:36am On Oct 24, 2020
We are still working here, the curfew in Enugu is easing and all shops are starting to open. We will continue this tiles work as from Monday morning. More pictures of works later.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
Skirting tiles works started last week........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
We've also started fitting wooden doors and keys for all the rooms and bathrooms........

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
We are still fitting wooden doors to all the rooms and bathrooms in this house.......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Work in progress........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2020
Tiling of the steps in this house........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by michlins(m): 8:01am On Nov 17, 2020
spyder880:
Tiling of the steps in this house........
Oga me these rails fine and are cost effective but why not try these. When you account the amount spent, you will be better off with these

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2020
michlins:
Oga me these rails fine and are cost effective but why not try these. When you account the amount spent, you will be better off with these

Well, the client gives the final order. I always obey orders. grin

7 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
We are here completing the staircase tiles.......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 5:01am On Dec 03, 2020
More burglary proof for doors arriving........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by DancingSkeleton(m): 11:07am On Dec 07, 2020
spyder880:
We have started dressing this parapet fascia today........
how much do they dress a meter?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 11:15am On Dec 07, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
how much do they dress a meter?

I don't usually charge my jobs per meter, I like negotiating whole contracts, that way, the worker dont run away when he gets another work elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by DancingSkeleton(m): 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2020
spyder880:

I don't usually charge my jobs per meter, I like negotiating whole contracts, that way, the worker dont run away when he gets another work elsewhere.
Do you have workers in Benin?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
Do you have workers in Benin?

At the moment, no.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
We have completed the tiling of this house, all internal walls, floors has been finished with tiles.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
We are proceeding to start wiring this house, we have bought electrical wires and will commence work here today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
spyder880:

At the moment, no.
How much would be ideal for a parapet dressing of one unit of 3 bedroom and two units of 1 bedroom self contain. Measuring 88m?
Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
Electrical wiring of this house starts.......

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
More pictures of ongoing wiring........

2 Likes

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by Ndyoo(m): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
Oga Spyder880, please I also noticed that some rooms in these buildings have tiles on thier walls while some doesn't. Which rooms do come with tiles on their walls and why? Is the tiling just for aesthetics? I am curious... And do continue the good work.

Also will it be that problematic removing the tiles in case there is electrical problems? And will that type of tile still be found in the market?

1 Like

Re: New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East. by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ndyoo:
Oga Spyder880, please I also noticed that some rooms in these buildings have tiles on thier walls while some doesn't. Which rooms do come with tiles on their walls and why? Is the tiling just for aesthetics? I am curious... And do continue the good work.

Also will it be that problematic removing the tiles in case there is electrical problems? And will that type of tile still be found in the market?

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with something.

The rooms we tile are only kitchens, bathrooms or wash rooms. We dont usually tile living rooms or bedrooms because of the high cost of tiles. It's usually problematic to remove tiles to do electrical or plumbing works, and those tiles may have finished in the markets. We advise the use of best quality electrical piping and cables, then top quality pipes for plumbing. This will reduce the possibility of any damage to either piping or wires.

Thank you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Construction Of 5 Bedroom Duplex And a 4 Bedroom Bungalow in Imo State. / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos) / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.