Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! (8409 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Pa Buhari Falls Sick: Cancels Campaign In Benin. / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Hon. Obahiagbon Again! This Time On Pa Enahoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by okunoba(m): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2010
@Eziachi, all u have done is call names but u refuse to see a valid point. Please address the issue, instead of insulting those that disagree with u.

The Abacha scenario is completely off mark, it doesn`t fit the cap.
If Yoruba leaders went to war against the rest of Nigeria, when the rest of the World was against it, I would think that was silly. If during the war the Yoruba's couldn`t feed themselves and the leaders continued fighting, to the point where the young and vulnerable of the Yoruba race starved to death, I would think that was criminal and would want those leaders tried for murder. Due to their negligence.  .

If our African ancestors had continued fighting the Europeans with bows and arrows against their machine guns, instead of negotiating a peace treaty, you wouldn`t be around today to write your thoughtless gibberish. Their is a place and time for everything.

RIP Pa Enahoro
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by okunoba(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2010
@Eziachi
I didn`t know the starvation was because the federal forces "rounded up all Igbo children and women and systematically starved them" I thought the starvation was because the area controlled by Biafran soldiers didn`t have enough food to feed both soldiers and the vulnerable and the generals made the choice to starve the vulnerable instead of the soldiers, or surrender so as to allow food in. I wonder where u get your distorted knowledge of history from.

The issue isn`t about why America bombed Japan, it`s the fact that Japan surrendered to prevent anymore death of it`s citezens. They too could have carried on fighting until many millions were killed and then years later scream genocide. I hope u get the drift.

Europe invaded both Africa and the America`s, while the African realised they where no march for the Europeans and quickly negotiated a settlement, the American Indians carried on fighting until they were almost extinct. One as to know when to fight and when to negotiate.

On a good note the Igbo`s have done well for themselves since the war and deservedly so.

RIP Pa Enahoro
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by spearman(m): 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2010
In the end the one constant theme Enahoro espoused and should be remembered for was his insistence that Nigeria's myriad of problems cannot be resolved without convening a sovereign national conference. His death should be made a catalyst for the demand and conveyance of a SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by SapeleGuy: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2010
Nigeria has lost a true patriot. Rest in Peace.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by pkasso(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2010
The last of The Five is now gone.may his soul rest in perfect peace and it is now up to us(Nigerians)n to justify and vindicate what they stood and fought for.Goodnight Pa Enahoro
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by lysaa(f): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2010
He contributed the best of his quotato the nation's furtherance.

E'pa, respect to the maximum. .carry go!
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by biotext(m): 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2011
guys wat up am new on nairaland, can anyone put me through

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Minister Releases Proof To Back Job Provision Claims / Obi’s Faction Of APGA Barred From Party’s National Secretariat / National Assembly Moves To Amend CBN Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.