Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! (8397 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Pa Buhari Falls Sick: Cancels Campaign In Benin. / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Hon. Obahiagbon Again! This Time On Pa Enahoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by twinskenny(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2010
Elder statesman and leader of PRONACO, Pa Anthony Enahoro is dead. Unconfirmed reports said Pa Enahoro died early this morning. He was hospitalised recently and discharged after a brief illness. details later…

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/breaking-news-enahoro-is-dead/

may his soul rest in perfect peace,  what an Icon
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by temmytanny(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
RIP papa
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Eziachi: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
twinskenny:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/breaking-news-enahoro-is-dead/

may his soul rest in perfect peace, what an Icon

My condelences to his family.
He tried his best, especially toward the end of his human life, hence I respect and admire him for that.
But not my icon though, himself, along with the likes of Edwin Clarke are the the brains behind the killing of Aburi Accord and then forty years later running around looking for a sovereign National Conference, something far less than the Aburi accord gave them on a platter.
An architect and a very vocal proponent of the use hunger to starve Biafran children to death, so that their parents will stop fighting.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by ayoos(m): 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2010
Everybody will go one day, what legacy will we leave behind?
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by kufreabasi(m): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
R. I. P.
Family, accept my heartfelt condolence
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by buzugee(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
RIP. how old was he and who was he ? political figure ? activist ? educator ?
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by bennie1980(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2010
A monumental loss to the whole nation. A foremost nationalist who died with masses on his mind. R-I-P Papa Enahoro. May the labour of heroes like never be in vain. God bless your soul!
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Donmeca(m): 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
may his soul rest in peace.

@Eziachi; he may have realised his error very late in life but u know africans don't apologise when they err. . . shud av apologized for his role during the civil war.

@ Buzugee: he was both a political figure and an activist. History has him as the member of paliarment who moved the motion for Nigeria's independence in 1959.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by beeman80: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
r.i.p   cry
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Iysayah(m): 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
another Legend bites the dust, what a loss. cry
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by chosen04(f): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
My condelences to his family . . . . . . . .

Time for him to meet the innocent Biafran children he helped starved to death. . . . . . .

RIP.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by buzugee(m): 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
Donmeca:

@Eziachi; he may have realised his error very late in life but u know africans don't apologise when they err. . . shud av apologized for his role during the civil war.

@ Buzugee: he was both a political figure and an activist. History has him as the member of paliarment who moved the motion for Nigeria's independence in 1959.
aahhhh he will truly be missed. thanks donmeca
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by chosen04(f): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2010
Donmeca:

Same way history has MUNGO PARK as the person who discovered River Niger?

Is PA ENAHORO another case of the best president Nigeria had?
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Iysayah(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
chosen04:

Time for him to meet the innocent Biafran children he helped starved to death. . . . . . .

RIP.
when do you TRULY learn to forgive?
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by olumyde5(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
May His soul rest in peace
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by caspapa(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
RIP. Baba.

What a great man.

is this true.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/akunyili-resigns-joins-apga/

SPECULATIONS were Wednesday laid to rest when President Goodluck Jonathan reluctantly accepted the resignation of the Minister of Information and Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili.

Consequently, the President has approved the appointment of Minister of State in the Ministry, Mr Labaran Maku, as the substantive Minister. The new senior Minister is now to function without a Minister of State,
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by medoski(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
People are still crying over spill milk, Biafra is gone let us think ahead
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Donmeca(m): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
chosen04:

Same way history has MUNGO PARK as the person who discovered River Niger?

Is PA ENAHORO another case of the best president Nigeria had?

Nne, we are on d same page here. . .Enahoro was not the best anything we never had, he was one of the privileged class of journalists and politicians at his time. But I was only answering someone's innocent question.

Iysayah:

We don't share 4givness to all and sundry. . . we forgive those who ask to be 4given. Enahoro never asked. . . prove me wrong.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by honeric01(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
chosen04:

Other children/women were killed by the biafran soldiers, true or false? undecided
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2010
Thank God he lived to see some of the improvements he spent most of his life fighting for.

I stand up in resounding ovation for the great and principled man. [Claps]
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by aljharem11(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2010
chosen04:

RIP.

u are a sad mad lady,,,mumu inyamrai angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Iysayah(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
Donmeca, you in this too? i think history has a way of making a man's sins catch up with him. either he made a public apology to Biafrans or he did not means nothing anymore. the man is dead! as much as the pain of Biafra is dead in some. just move on without him, without Biafra.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Ninapha(f): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2010
RIP Legend!
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by seanet02: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
R.I.P Baba Enahoro, one of the best ever leaders we ever witness in NG,
@chosen04, you are a MAD DOG AND A silly ROGUE
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by chosen04(f): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
Iysayah:

Are you asking the 'starved to death children?' . . . . . . . . .Moreover, forgiveness is only deserved by those who asked for it.
medoski:

People are still crying over spill milk, Biafra is gone let us think ahead

. . . . . . . .But how come it keeps re-echoing? Do spirits die?

Donmeca:

Nne, we are on d same page here. . .Enahoro was not the best anything we never had, he was one of the privileged class of journalists and politicians at his time. But I was only answering someone's innocent question

Gba, am with you.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by holydante(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
Donmeca:

Without taking anything away from his achievements, Yea thats what the government text books said but it has been debunked in the past, his was in 1953 with 1956 in view but was squashed in the parliament. Chief Remi Fani-Kayode moved his own in 1958 with 1960 in view, and it was that that was debated upon and accepted.

My dear grieving Easterners, lets allow the ''perceived sins'' of the past not rear its head in wishing a dead man Requisicat in peace. RIP Chief
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Donmeca(m): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
Iysayah:

Donmeca, you in this too? i think history has a way of making a man's sins catch up with him. either he made a public apology to Biafrans or he did not means nothing anymore. the man is dead! as much as the pain of Biafra is dead in some. just move on without him, without Biafra.

True talk bro. . .we shud let d pain go but also learn one or two lessons from it and move on. I for one, don't weep over spilt milk but it amazes me dat people are eulogized in most at death. . .they are taken for granted when alive. Someone may come up to say he was d best this or that we never had. . .I hate that. He was well respected, alright by me. 87 is a ripe age if u also ask me.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by udezue(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
He can rot in hell.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by chosen04(f): 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
honeric01:

Other children/women were killed by the biafran soldiers, true or false? undecided

. . . . . .And was any of you relation or relative (sic) of relations killed or starved to death?
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by HighChief4(m): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
R I P Pa Enahoro

He should have apologised to the children of the "Land of the rising sun", but he never did that. Good thing, is that Ojukwu is still alive witnessing the deaths of all those who worked against him.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by OAM4J: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
A big loss to the progressives.

My condolence to the family of a legend, a great man, a nationalist, a true patriot, a fighter and a principled man - History will judge him more fairly cool
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Ibomade1: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
R.I.P Pa Enahoro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Will Win The Southwest? / Senate To Introduce E-legislation To Enhance Debates -ndume / HAPPENING NOW!!! Biafrexit: All Roads Lead To Umuahia (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.