Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! (8407 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Pa Buhari Falls Sick: Cancels Campaign In Benin. / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Hon. Obahiagbon Again! This Time On Pa Enahoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by okunoba(m): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
@Rabzy, thanks 4 ur post, I couldn`t have put it any better. We are all to blame, from north to south and east to west.
Thanks again.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by kemisuga(f): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
R.I.P man
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by satani22: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
sorry papa. rest in peace
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by marcus1234: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Pifa: 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Not likely. If this Peter Enahoro is the historically relevant journalist then this Peter Enahoro, aka "Peter Pan" was pro-Biafran/pro-East and anti-North and left Nigeria during the war out of anger (or possibly government persecution).

PhysicsQED,

Thanks for answering my question. My memory just reawakened to note that the Enahoro I was referring to was Mike Enahoro, not Peter Enahoro. I didn’t know anything about the “Peter Pan” journalist until I read your post.

Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by sirt1(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2010
[size=8pt]May His Gentle Soul Rest In Perfect Peace[/size]
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Virgo83(m): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2010
He isn't just a Legend he is the Last Man Standing, We lost a Hero. May Your Gentle Soul Rest In Perfect peace! Amen!!
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by medjai(m): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
A true elder statesman. May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by alexleo(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
yeah he made achievements but all that is insignificant in eternity. If he didnt accept christ while on earth, then he has missed it all. Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. Anybody that misses heaven has missed it all. Its a time of sober reflection to ask yourself- where will i spend eternity. The time to prepare is now.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Esanbabe1: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2010
May his soul rest in peace. Esan land has lost two wonderful people this month.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2010
Esan_babe:

God will comfort you guys !
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by aljharem(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
Esan_babe:

cry cry cry cry
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Esanbabe1: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

God will comfort you guys !

alj harem:

cry cry cry cry

Thanks guys.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by orgasm(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2010
By his death a chapter has been closed in our political and leadership history. He was a nationalist and the last of the pioneering apostles of our independence. He remains the authetic first man to move for our independence in 1953 every other persons dat made similar move in later years falls into the second place no matter what was in sight and d outcome.May his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Limaoscar: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2010
It's quite a huge loss to our great Nation. My condolences to His family.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Eziachi: 12:13am On Dec 17, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Lol @ this rubbish. This is why it's a tragedy that any shameless worthless degenerate with a keyboard can fabricate history behind the veil of anonymity. In actual matter of fact, at the conference in Addis Ababa, the tone was supposed to be one of reconciliation, and gains were supposed to be made toward a cessation of hostilities. Then, Ojukwu, much to the revulsion and disgust of the head of this reconciliation meeting, Emperor Haile Selassie, launched into a massive, aggressive, hostile, damning speech the minute he was given the chance to speak. Ojukwu destroyed any chance at a cessation of hostilities by getting emotional and damning everything in sight, and refusing to yield an inch. Why would a group of people who have you cornered and retreating cease defeating you when all you offer is curses? All of these beer parlor historians of the civil war annoy the hell out of me. Enahoro had nothing to do with the failure of reconciliation at Addis Ababa. Enahoro went there, Ojukwu demonstated his oratory skills, and nothing changed.

Subconsciously you might be referring to yourself about the keyboard picture. Can you produce a transcript of what you claimed happened in Addis Ababa, which too many of us never happened. Don't tell me you watch it on NTA as probably your parents are not born then. You should be telling us what happened at Aburi, where something was actually agreed upon and put down on paper instead of your phantom Addis Ababa narrative
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Onlytruth(m): 12:46am On Dec 17, 2010
okunoba:

@ CHOSENO4 AND UDEZUE,
Extreme bitterness can block reason. I believe u guys are too bitter to be objective when talking about the pain of Biafra. The food blockade was not used to starve children but as a tool to stop Biafran leaders from fighting, so as to prevent the loss of more lives. If these leaders had stopped fighting when they ran out of food no child would have starved to death. But instead of stopping, they decided the best way was to carry on fighting while the young and vulnerable starved to death.

When America dropped the atomic bomb on Japan and over 200,000 people were burnt to death, this made Japan surrender and the leader that took them to war did the honerable thing by committing suicide. This brave act by the Japanese Emperor  prevented the death of many more innocent lives. Japan too could have carried on figting like Ojukwu did, until millions more were killed.

Ojukwu should have done the honorable thing like the Emperor to save the innocent, but instead he chose to carry on fighting at the expense of starving Ndiigbo children and then ran away to save himself when the net was closing in on him. If anyone is to blame, please blame Ojukwu. We have to start taking responsibility 4 our actions.

RIP Pa Enahoro

I swear nairaland has featured a record number of buffoons!
Who told this goat that the Japanese Emperor committed suicide after Japans fall in world war 2?

Unless there was a second emperor in Japan, folks like this should be flogged!

Here is about Emperor Hirohito of Japan. The man reigned from 1926 till his death in 1989.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohito

These Yoruba folks and their obsession with Ojukwu sef.

Everybody doesn't have to commit suicide like Pa Awo! undecided undecided
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by johnson11(m): 2:02am On Dec 17, 2010
Adieu,Pa Enahoro, RIP we all love you
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by okunoba(m): 2:18am On Dec 17, 2010
@onlytruth, mistakes are allowed, it`s no reason to call names. Please let`s be civil. Yes the Emperor didn`t commit suicide but he did order the surrender of Japan during the second WW, to prevent the loss of anymore Japan lives after the drop of the atomic bomb. This was my main point. Ojuwku too could have surrendered, especially when he knew there was no food to feed the young and vulnerable. This stubbornness led to starvation. The man as blood on his hands.

By the way it wasn`t your so called Yoruba`s that started the Biafra/Ojuwku obsession on this thread, Mr ethnic champion.

RIP Pa Enahoro
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by keyne(f): 2:34am On Dec 17, 2010
R.I.P.Pa! cry cry cry
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by ochiaha1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2010
May God Grant him eternal rest.

Its a pity that he did not live to see Nigerians overcome the problems of hunger, insecurity, poor Infrastructure among other things.

The onus now lies on us to ensure we overcome the above probles and achieve these objectives: free and fair elections, peaceful and orderly change of government, social security, availability of food, clothing, shelther, healthcare facilities and educational oppurtunities to every citizen.

When we have achieved the above objectives, then the honourable Enahoro can look down on us from above, smiling and telling other departed ones in the heavenlies: ' This is the Nigeria of my dream'.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Igue: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2010
Daddy, Rest In Pease

all haters of papa can go hug a transformer! their fathers and grandfathers couldn't achieve 1/100th of papa's achievement.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Koikoi(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2010
rip
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by T9ksy(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2010
R.I.P

Posted by: okunoba Today at 02:18:24 AM
This was my main point. Ojuwku too could have surrendered, especially when he knew there was no food to feed the young and vulnerable. This stubbornness led to starvation. The man as blood on his hands

Exactly!!! The igbos blames everyone else for the starvation during the war but not Ojukwu who though aware of the plight of his people, the same people he was purportedly fighting for, persisted with the war. He even exploited this situation to garner more aids from sympathetic foreign nations!!!

So in short, if the ilk of Pa Enahoro, a civilian during the war could be held answerable for the starvation of biafrans, by the same token, so too should Ojukwu, the military leader of biafra who had more say in the continuance or otherwise of the conflict than civilians like Awo, Enahoro etc.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by comsoy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2010
According to Thomas Jefferson: "Only a life lived for others is worth living'' I hope we all (including our political leaders) learn from the legacy he stood and vehemently fought for before his inevitable sourjorn to the underworld. It's a reminder that we shall all be there one day, someday. Then I ask : what will we be remembered for when have gone? ADIEU, PA ENAHORO-NIGERIA WILL MISS YOU!
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by fuke(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Eziachi:

Subconsciously you might be referring to your about the keyboard picture. Can you produce a transcript of what you claimed happened in Addis Ababa, which too many of us never happened. Don't tell me you watch it on NTA as probably your parents are not born then. You should be telling us what happened at Aburi, where something was actually agreed upon and put down on paper instead of your phantom Addis Ababa narrative

Enahoro did not scuttle Aburi accord and the civil war was not about sovereign National conference either.

It was about the greed of a few to corner the oil in Nigeria. No country would allow that. The Carks and  Enahoros  knew what would happen to them if Ojukwu had been allowed to go. Then you would think Port-Harcourt was an Igbo town.

I am sorry to say this ,every thing is fair in war. Without the starving option the war would have pronged
longer and we would have lost many more souls.

The pogrom was senseless but  then the war was avoidable . Ikemba should take more of the blame.

This should not deny  Enahoro his full honor. He was a Nationalist to the end. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Eziachi: 12:23am On Dec 18, 2010
fuke:

Enahoro did not scuttle Aburi accord and the civil war was not about sovereign National conference either.

It was about the greed of a few to corner the oil in Nigeria. No country would allow that. The Carks and  Enahoros  knew what would happen to them if Ojukwu had been allowed to go.  Then you would think Port-Harcourt was an Igbo town.

I am sorry to say this ,every thing is fair in war. Without the starving option the war would have pronged
longer and we would have lost many more souls.

The pogrom was senseless but  then the war was avoidable . Ikemba should take more of the blame.

This should not deny  Enahoro his full honor. He was a Nationalist to the end. May  his soul rest in peace
What is it that Clarke/Enahoro knew Ojukwu will do to them that Nigeria hasn't done to them? And why the likes of Kente Giadom, Kogbara are immuned from the same things?Educate me.
When idiots like justify starvation of women and children, it's like an armed robber telling you that I will keep r.a.p.i.n.g your wife and daughters until you stop fighting and tell us where the money is. I wish that option that you are wishing others just to end up with Nigeria of 2011.
The last I checked both Clarke/Enahoro are neither from Rivers State nor Igweocha (Port Harcourt) and sizeable part of that city is part of Igboland whether you like it or not and for the past ten years two Igbo men had been ruling from Port harcourt.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by vicenzo(m): 12:42am On Dec 18, 2010
@eziachi.Thanks for that last post,i thought i was the only one that saw that igweocha part of that Yoruba person's post.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Eziachi: 12:47am On Dec 18, 2010
okunoba:

@onlytruth, mistakes are allowed, it`s no reason to call names. Please let`s be civil. Yes the Emperor didn`t commit suicide but he did order the surrender of Japan during the second WW, to prevent the loss of anymore Japan lives after the drop of the atomic bomb. This was my main point. Ojuwku too could have surrendered, especially when he knew there was no food to feed the young and vulnerable. This stubbornness led to starvation. The man as blood on his hands.

By the way it wasn`t your so called Yoruba`s that started the Biafra/Ojuwku obsession on this thread, Mr ethnic champion. 

RIP Pa Enahoro
Maybe you and others like you needed to be reminded that Ojukwu was't an emperor of Biafra. Ojukwu did not own Biafra as his father's estate. Biafra was never a one man show from start to finish. There are others like Okpara, Ibiam, Kogabara, Giadom, Effiong, Arikpo, Odenigwe, R.I Uzoma, Sam Mbakwe, C.C Onoh. Ojukwu was an arrow head because of his position as the highest ranking officer from the old east after Ironsi and then military governor of the East.
Stubborn did not lead to starvation, but man's inhumanity to another man he think is just a bunch of firewood and its called wickedness.

The Japanese some of you mindless thugs are quoting was bombed by the American as revenge of what the Japanese did at pearl harbour and not a system of forcing Japan to surrender. Why didn't America drop the same bomb in Germany or Italy the main protagonist if that was their plan of winning the war rather than a sidekick like Japan?  Many of you are governed and blinded by your warped sense of wickedness and hypocrisy that you are ready to run around neck just to justify the injustifiable.

Based on you satanic justification of starvation the most venerable as a war weapon, I can now imagine Abacha rounding up all Yoruba children and women and then systematically starved them until Abiola/Afenifere renounce their claim to the presidency through June 12 election. And we will clap for him, that he should use any means as long as they surrender.
You will always get the type of justice you wished others.

offsprings of vipers will always be like their parents.
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Bomi(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2010
I think this issue of Biafra should be discuss in detail so as to know and educate some of us with a polluted mind towards Biafra and Ojukwu. Please help
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by Bomi(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2010
Ezeachi, Please don't blame anyone, it is just some of only read the account of the civil war in books and literature. After reading the account of Foresght (Emeka), Obasanjo (My command), Reluctant Rebel, The Five Majors and so on I have concluded that the blame should be on Ojukwu. For some many reason. I know this may be wrong please start a thread let get educated and I will like to ask questions for me to be updated. Thanks
Re: Breaking News! Pa Enahoro Is Dead! by lokofash(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2010
, pa Anthony Enahoro was an elder stateman an epitom of confidence and a patriotic leader,Nigeria's story is not complete without Enahoro,we recognise ur invaluable and constructive contributions towards Nigeria as an independent nation.we will foreva rememba u indeed,i pray the God almighty will grant ur families the fortitude to bear the huge loss to the nation.we love u but God loves u most till we part no more, Adieu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem / 22 Parties Meet, Propose Policy Framework For Buhari / Witch Doctor Makes Shocking Revelation About Prophet TB Joshua,calls him This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.