Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,975 members, 7,810,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (48246 Views)

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / COVID-19: Chinese Doctors To Arrive Nigeria Today, To Spend One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by kitone: 2:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Coming from someone that is struggling to finish Bsc talking to some that hold a phd and also a consultant.let's show our certificates to know who is the real illiterate .i speaking from firsthand experience .

LordAzubuike:

You talk like an illiterate.
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by kitone: 2:59am On Feb 25, 2020
You see why you are ignorant,so there is no reasearch in residency training? I would have thought a simple google check would have given you the
Info you need.but you are too lazy to even research it.but you are quick to type .TO A MEDICAL DOCTOR PHD IS BOOK WORK.it does not Improve his clinical skills you can go and ask your doctor friend .in residency you just don't distribute questionnaires pls note

jmaine:

How can a normal human being say PhD is just paperwork....

You feel the rigors of research is easy.....?

It's obvious your ignorance is taking the better of you..
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by hydro777: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
OfficialJayy:
So you mean after all the years that a doctor would spend in school.. spend doing his residency before becoming a consultant... you still want him to spend more years chasing a phD degree that can be bought Na wa oo

See I think PhD is the way....nobody is saying Fellowship is not relevant, but if u want to be a lecturer in the medical school, you have to go through the career path of PhD... and if u just wanna be a clinician, Fellowship is enough... how many consultants(fellow)goes on to become a prof? Some just want to work in their private hospitals and they are contented, those who want extra shuld go extra, after the senior residency part one Fellowship exams, those who wanna go into academics shuld go through the way of PhD, while those that want to be clinicians should go for Fellowship exams.... it’s not appropriate making everybody do dissertations (which are substandard anyways)
Because those supervising and examining these dissertations never wrote any dissertation themselves, especially in faculty of surgery west African college which just started writing dissertation recently as short as five years ago, and these so called consultants are the ones supervising dissertations today...how can you supervise something, you never wrote yourself?... the part two dissertation for the doctors is rubbish because they wanna make it par with PhD they make every candidate go thru it...which is not what is applicable in the UK or the USA .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by hydro777: 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2020
stasius:
Useless PhD.

What does PhD offer in real life? I mean real practical medicine. PhD is paper work but it adds no shit to improve quality health care.

I think medicine is better learnt in the field more like apprenticeship not in the classroom.

I still prefer the residency training to yeye PhD.

By the way PhD is far easy to get compared to fellowship so why the fuss

U indirectly meant Fellowship is more difficult to get because ur fellow consultants and examiners made it so, and the examination is not objective at all, but rather subjective and biased...and in other climes those that become good researchers and PhD lecturers would have done a number of years in clinical medicine so they understand both world and can function appropriately in both .
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by jmaine: 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2020
kitone:
You see why you are ignorant,so there is no reasearch in residency training? I would have thought a simple google check would have given you the
Info you need.but you are too lazy to even research it.but you are quick to type .TO A MEDICAL DOCTOR PHD IS BOOK WORK.it does not Improve his clinical skills you can go and ask your doctor friend .in residency you just don't distribute questionnaires pls note

Very daft post in all ramifications.. Show me your published work while doing your residency..

You feel it's about making useless noise..
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by kitone: 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2020
Show me your bsc certificate Mumu.let me be sure I am even taking to a graduate because from the rubish you are typing,you seems to be writing and struggling to Pass jamb.so I don't blame you ,you can't comprehend

jmaine:

Very daft post in all ramifications.. Show me your published work while doing your residency..

You feel it's about making useless noise..

Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by jmaine: 1:40am On Feb 27, 2020
kitone:
Show me your bsc certificate Mumu.let me be sure I am even taking to a graduate because from the rubish you are typing,you seems to be writing and struggling to Pass jamb.so I don't blame you ,you can't comprehend

It's very obvious you critically lack the basic intellect for this discourse...

Doctor wey no fit write simple English correctly dey ask for my BSc certificate.. shocked

You no well at all
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by kitone: 12:17am On Feb 29, 2020
Definitely you don't know what it's takes to become a consultant.minimum of 6yrs post medical school.and lots of research work .pls google the training of consultant.you can't just come to public discussion without researching.

Gentle20love:
But that's the right thing to do now. Must everything in this country be solved with strike action?
How can you be a lecturing medical doctor without PhD. Common sense should tell us that it doesn't work that way. Mtcheeew
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by nurain150(m): 11:59am On Nov 08, 2021
jmaine:

A more objective submission... Unilag and other first generation Federal University dont allow medical practioners without a PhD to supervise a PhD student

It has been a standing regulation for years...
Yeah, you start as Lecturer assistant with MBBS no Msc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by nurain150(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
AlphaT1:

....Residency is run concurrently with PhD in other climes.......you can even meet the requirements for a PhD before completing your residency program or vice versa......All they need to do is to sit with NUC to design (streamline) the PhD/Rresidency curriculum....residency also requires exams, papers, seminars, conferences, thesis etc just like PhD but covers a broader subject area...these just need to be streamlined and narrowed to a specific subject area to meet PhD requisites.
Every residency does checkout FPCPharm
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by nurain150(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2021

Engineers should organize their own strike and demand whatever they like.

Meanwhile doctors still spend more time in school than engineers.
Lol with the recent building collapes
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by muheeb01(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
This country ehn from one issue and strikes to another
Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by Gee64: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
With the substandard education here, the PHD requirement is OK. Stop this lecture.
kitone:
Definitely you don't know what it's takes to become a consultant.minimum of 6yrs post medical school.and lots of research work .pls google the training of consultant.you can't just come to public discussion without researching.

Re: Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive by endsarrrs(f): 5:04am On Aug 04, 2023
picoba:

Musa! Dada!!, Buhari!!
Doctors will be on strike any moment for now. This war may be more than that of Boko Haram
In the Northern region, I need a change of location
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / How Do Some Ebola Patient Survive Why Others Don't? Here Is Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.