Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? (3645 Views)

We Had MouthAction And She Finds It Hard To Close Her Mouth. / African Women With Big Butts, Oyinbo Ladies Would Die Of Jealousy / Why Do Nigerian Girls Find It Hard To Take Themselves Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2010
jay bee:

In the contest of a relationship?
Being boastful about achievements as well as having the mentality of "why need a man when i can as well achieve all i aspire for" wink

Seems more about jealousy than anything. Why are we both not happy for my achievements? If a women has that mentality " I dont need a man for anything"then she gets what she gets, bottom line! I have a laundry list of things I need a man for, lol! shocked
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

Most "men" mis interepret "arrogance" anyway wink - If your chick does not know when to leave her work life at work- then there are bigger issues. Most times women who are educated are just overlooked despite whether she is arrogant or not!!I can not really speak for the woman in question in this post but she wouldnt be the first to not find a mate at that age, and be 36! Who really knows what her issues are with finding a mateBeing respectful, and humble in a relationship should be a given. Titles and education should never be a determining factor on how one is treated in a relationship and by  no means should one bring bossiness home with them! Leave work at work. In response to your statement though- My thing is  this:   these days most men who call themselves MEN do not use the balls they have.  There for as women we now have to play rolls as if we have balls.!  Please do us all a favor and  dont call yourself a man and want us as woman to give you 100 % respect  if you are not fully able to take those responsibilities that come with the title of being a man! If you are the king of the castle and what your woman to treat you as such, then be prepared to do all things that come along with that title!

you earn respect it is not given meaning, to goes two ways, the world changed long back dear thats the reason why both couple need to work to have much a better life, if it has not very few woman would be working becoz the husband is getting enough that you dont need to work

and aslo some men have been abusing woman and woman cant get out becoz she has know where to go and star a new life  but if you have your qualication you can move out and start a knew life on your own with out the need of a man to the sole provider
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by jaybee3(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

Seems more about jealousy than anything. Why are we both not happy for my achievements? If a women has that mentality " I dont need a man for anything"then she gets what she gets, bottom line! I have a laundry list of things I need a man for, lol! shocked
Not necessarily hun. Men are more than happy to show off their respective educated or gorgeous partners if they are the reserved type.
Would you date a Professor that mocks your intelligence or better still put you down all the time cos of his superior intelligence?

It works both ways. No one likes feeling inferior and since most educated women oozes arrogance they just see that need to announce to the world and flaunt the fact that they are.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
jay bee:

Not necessarily hun. Men are more than happy to show off their respective educated or gorgeous partners if they are the reserved type.
Would you date a Professor that mocks your intelligence or better still put you down all the time cos of his superior intelligence?

It works both ways. No one likes feeling inferior and since most educated women oozes arrogance they just see that need to announce to the world and flaunt the fact that they are.

Point well taken, but Most time it is about jealousy- and has nothing to do with boasting- just about feeling inferior. Some egos cant take it and will pick a make else where rather than deal with the thought of it!
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by slymm(f): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2010
i   believe   the   lady   has  a   problem   not   connected   in   any   way   to   her   degrees.   Hmnnn!,   hmnnnn!  She   should   stop   blaming   those   degree.   By  the   way,   what   is  she  doing   with   them?  Na  wa  oh, some   people   like   book   oh.   I  hope   the   degrees  are  paying   off  in  her  career   and  finances   sha.?
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2010
One thing i constantly ponder is~
why does excessive education have to take away the life of a lady and hand her in replacement an 'artificial mentality'?
Let us define great heights of qualification. . .and then the roles of a woman. . .
i am yet to find a common alliance between the two~

if a man turns a prodigy it dosn't stop him from occupying his roles as a MAN. . .
My question is amidst this fast advancing world of ours~
WHY does every lady-PRODIGY want to forget her roles as a WOMAN and step into the much COVETED shoes of a MAN instead. . .
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
adolfe bad:

if a man turns a prodigy it dosn't stop him from occupying his roles as a MAN. . .
WHY does every lady-PRODIGY want to forget her roles as a WOMAN and step into the much COVETED shoes of a MAN instead. . .

good observation and very good question

lets hear what the ladies will say
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2010
adolfe bad:

One thing i constantly ponder is~
why does excessive education have to take away the life of a lady and hand her in replacement an 'artificial mentality'?
Let us define great heights of qualification. . .and then the roles of a woman. . .
i am yet to find a common alliance between the two~

Let us define the rolls of a man! If the woman feels the need to step in the much COVETED rolls of the man-- then obviously he isnt filling those shoes well in the first place! In a house hold where a man is taken care of his business there are not too many woman who will deny him his respect as a man, educated or no educated!
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

Let us define the rolls of a man! If the woman feels the need to step in the much COVETED rolls of the man-- then obviously he isnt filling those shoes well in the first place! In a house hold where a man is taken care of his business there are not too many woman who will deny him his respect as a man, educated or no educated!

tell us the role of a man since you end taking care of his business
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

tell us the role of a man since you end taking care of his business
I will start with the basics -Provide, Protect, Lead the house----- If as a man you are providing for our household, protecting our household, and leading the house in decisions, you are taken care of your business!!!. Whether I am educated or not- I believe a MAN should do those things!! A  poor man should be able to at least provide that and growing up that is what my own father did---- These days you don't see that as much!! Shame
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by CyberG: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2010
@Poster. . .some post already answered your question and Tboy actually nailed it! Look, the problem is NOT any silly qualifications and blaming that is still not honestly solving the REAL problem! Most guys do not care at all about all the qualifications, money, property and all that bullshit! Personally, I could never care 'cos I already have more than sufficient education and very capable of acquiring all the qualifications in this world if that is what I want.

Knowledge puffs up! Ever heard that before? This 36 year old overqualified mama must be one with a big FAT attitude and most guys can smell that a thousand miles away! But that is only the beginning because she must be so arrogant, (not the same as being confident), talk about how she is a strong woman, independent, educated, money, and all the BS that means nothing to a man who wants to marry a woman. That kind of information is only useful for a guy who just wants to bang her brains out and move on and it works 'cos the guy feels good and thinks "on top of all the education, shakara, etc, see how I dey make the naughty woman shout with hard banging, makes her suck my dick like a LovePeddler, etc" and he is laughing himself to stupor and telling his friends about it and they just line-up to bleep her even more! This is why some of this women get bleeped extra harder and treated like bitches and if there was a video of how they are treated in the bedroom, most of you women will decide never to get so educated.

In a nutshell, this is all about her attitude: arrogant pride, condescending, haughty looks with elongated neck, looking down on people while gazing upwards, twitching her nose at humble (and no less or even more accomplished men), and so on. All these play her until she gets older and at 36, she's noticeably fatter, not so good looking again, make-up doesn't cover her deficiencies like when she was younger and on top of all this, "the force of her useless habit" will compound this problem like a recurring decimal. The only thing to hook a man now is her demeanor which will be putrid at best! Well, this gotta suck but until she gets off her high horse and be a normal human being, she can marry her degrees. How does a 1000 degrees contribute to a happy relationship? Tell her that her ancestors did not have all these useless papers she's carrying and bragging about but at 36, they were already grandmothers!
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2010
If i may ask~
what do you mean 'men are not filling up their roles'. . .what proof do you have for that or you are one of THOSE being led blindly by the 'media'?
As far as everyone knows. . .there are as many responsible men as there are irresponsible ones~
besides what has that got to do with the educational quests of a lady or do you mean to tell me you had all your present bags of qualification simply becuz 'men are not filling their roles'?

. . .pls i'd be more pleased if your talk can hold waters
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

I will start with the basics -Provide, Protect, Lead the house-----

people got short memory or you choose to pick what suite

if you look back in history chores where divided according to gender both female and male would provide for the family

man never went to pick up fruits and veges women did thats providing

man did the hunting  thats providing too

then now came those who married to run away from poverty, are the ones who only think men should do most of the providing of which it was never that way chores where divided among gender to provide for the family

so when did women loose the plot to playt thier part in providing and only looking up to the man to do it
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by tpia1: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
A friend of mine has a 36yrs old sister that has lots of qualification to her credit(BSC,ACA,ACCA,ACIS,MBA) and writing exams to add a CFA, Over the years, she has dated a few guys who thinks she is over ambitious and left her, a down to earth lady i would say but the big issue is guys take to their heels once they found out about her qualification. is it a crime for women to be highly educated

she should try dating outside her race.

most nigerian men cant handle this much education in a single woman.

just saying.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by CyberG: 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^ It doesn't matter what RACE she dates. The education is NOT the problem. Read some posts up here and see what men see in women like this so you understand the REAL issue. Why leave a problem and chase shadows??
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2010
adolfe bad:

If i may ask~
what do you mean 'men are not filling up their roles'. . .what proof do you have for that or you are one of THOSE being led blindly by the 'media'?
As far as everyone knows. . .there are as many responsible men as there are irresponsible ones~
besides what has that got to do with the educational quests of a lady or do you mean to tell me you had all your present bags of qualification simply becuz 'men are not filling their roles'?

. . .pls i'd be more pleased if your talk can hold waters

I speak from experience these days on this,  I speak from seeing all the single mothers raising children alone, with no help from the fathers, I speak from seeing tons of broken homes or men not working and the woman going out to work while the men are left home to sleep! These days I am not sure if the responsible men's are equal to that of the responsible ones- in my own age group!   For every man that is- I can show you 5 that are NOT- Sad but true!!! I can only go on what I see- Despite that I do know much better, because my father filled those rolls and now my own brother!

I was taught that I need to work hard for what I want and not to count on anyone to give me anything. I have my present bag of qualifications on my own merit yet I do not allow that aspect of my life to define who I am or how I treat anyone for that matter especially in a relationship.    Not all women who are educated look down on others, or feel the need to make a man feel like scum just because he is less educated or less money.  What one has can be taken away in the blink of an eye- and I am aware!!!!!!  JUST  a man that is  trying  is what matter!!!!  My  whole point is going in circles but   regardless of how much more educated a woman is than a man-- if the man is providing, leading and protecting his household--nothing else will matter regardless of how educated his mate is as long as he is making an effort! Show me effort- I show you respect! As long as a man can put his ego to the side~
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by tpia1: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
CyberG:

^^^ It doesn't matter what RACE she dates. The education is NOT the problem. Read some posts up here and see what men see in women like this so you understand the REAL issue. Why leave a problem and chase shadows??

you and the others here are projecting your own inadequacies.

the op stated men have a problem with her ambition.

he said nothing about her character.

so kindly let her be, and yes, she should date outside her race if she cant find someone who will accept her as she is, within it.

abeg its her life- why are you taking panadol on her behalf.

should she cancel all her qualifications or what's she expected to do.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by kokoye(m): 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2010
ladyjide, for some strange reason, I knew you would be ALL over this thread.

but good you are saying 'some', 'most' and not 'all' men. . . or else our 'fight' will start again wink
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
kokoye:

ladyjide, for some strange reason, I knew you would be ALL over this thread.

but good you are saying 'some', 'most' and not 'all' men. . . or else our 'fight' will start again  wink

kissYou know me too well!! wink Missed me?  Luckily I dont remember our fight, I must have won?!!!lol
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

I speak from experience these days on this, I speak from seeing all the single mothers raising children alone, with no help from the fathers, I speak from seeing tons of broken homes or men not working and the woman going out to work while the men are left home to sleep! These days I am not sure if the responsible men's are equal to that of the responsible ones- in my own age group!   For every man that is- I can show you 5 that are NOT- Sad but true!!! I can only go on what I see- Despite that I do know much better, because my father filled those rolls and now my own brother!

I was taught that I need to work hard for what I want and not to count on anyone to give me anything. I have my present bag of qualifications on my own merit yet I do not allow that aspect of my life to define who I am or how I treat anyone for that matter especially in a relationship.    Not all women who are educated look down on others, or feel the need to make a man feel like scum just because he is less educated or less money.  What one has can be taken away in the blink of an eye- and I am aware!!!!!!  JUST  a man that is  trying  is what matter!!!!  My  whole point is going in circles but   regardless of how much more educated a woman is than a man-- if the man is providing, leading and protecting his household--nothing else will matter regardless as long as he is making an effort! Show me effort- I show you respect!

your experience is from outside point of view dear

you dont know the reason why they really break up

does that number of men who sleep doing nothing  out number those men who work hard to provide for family? and doesthose  fathers who work for thier family ever cry foul on woman for not working ? not they dont they soldier on

so makes those woman special if the nigga aint working why cant they soldier on like the rest of man who provide for their family
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by tpia1: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^so far there has been nothing to indicate break ups are prevented by anything you mentioned in your post.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by kokoye(m): 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

kissYou know me too well!! wink Missed me?  Luckily I dont remember our fight, I must have won?!!!lol

my comment with 'fight' was in quote, remember? we never had a fight, just heated related discussions

. .and of course you won  cheesy who I am to win a fight with a lady
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

your experience is from outside point of view dear

you dont know the reason why they really break up

does that number of men who sleep doing nothing  out number those men who work hard to provide for family? and doesthose  fathers who work for thier family ever cry foul on woman for not working ? not they dont they soldier on

so makes those woman special if the nigga aint working why cant they soldier on like the rest of man who provide for their family
I have no idea about the original poster- this is just a general debate---at this point,
For how long do they soldier on?, bull sh*t----- If you have to clean gutters to provide for your family you should do so, Be A Man- not just by simply being called a MAN, Letting your WIFE soldier on for the long haul is not acceptable while you sit home and play video games! Things happen, dont get me wrong and I am not talking of the temporarily unemployed, A real man will do or should do  what he has to do to provide for his family regardless especially a Nigerian man!!!  Now if your wife is now assuming all of the head of house rolls because you are not taking those roles seriously, you get what you get!!

kokoye:

my comment with 'fight' was in quote, remember? we never had a fight, just heated related discussions

. .and of course you won  cheesy who I am to win a fight with a lady
wink How nice!! lol I always like a good debate- never that serious as some on here may take it!!
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by CyberG: 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2010
tpia1:

you and the others here are projecting your own inadequacies.

the op stated men have a problem with her ambition.

he said nothing about her character.

so kindly let her be, and yes, she should date outside her race if she cant find someone who will accept her as she is, within it.

abeg its her life- why are you taking panadol on her behalf.

should she cancel all her qualifications or what's she expected to do.

Well, the truth hurts, you know it, everyone knows it and this thread happened because someone could not face the truth. No need to fight or attack someone with so called "inadequacies" 'cos some of us have enough qualifications to share to 3 or 4 people if you must know. Nonetheless, I have ZERO interest in all the self-inflicted affliction so count me out of your offensive verbiage, give your advice to the poster not to me.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by tpia1: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^your post reeks of low self esteem and a deadbeat.

you do not know the lady and neither is she asking you to date her, so why not give the matter a rest.

when you meet a highly educated lady who is begging you for a relationship, then roll out your prejudices and bigotry, but not before then.

btw, I didnt address you. You chose to address me so stop whining after receiving a reply.

if she dates outside her race what's it to you.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ladyjide:

I have no idea about the original poster- this is just a general debate---at this point,
For how long do they soldier on?, bull excreta----- If you have to clean gutters to provide for your family you should do so, Be A Man- not just by simply being called a MAN, Letting your WIFE soldier on for the long haul is not acceptable while you sit home and play video games! Things happen, dont get me wrong and I am not talking of the temporarily unemployed, A real man will do or should do  what he has to do to provide for his family regardless especially a Nigerian man!!!  Now if your wife is now assuming all of the head of house rolls because you are not taking those roles seriously, you get what you get!!
wink How nice!! lol I always like a good debate- never that serious as some on here may take it!!

come on girl

so it is ok for woman to sit home but not ok for a man ?

how man woman sit home doing nothing and the man goes to work it is very hard but he soldiers and he doesnt take the frustration of work to his wife or family

take off your blinkers girl

am not in support of such men and women  but dont be clouded by gender to support bullcrap

what should a real woman do ? my history tell me both woman and man provide for the family
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by kokoye(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ok. my two cents.

A lot of times, it is not really about those qualifications. there are always some other issues lying around. I believe a good and responsible man ought to the happy that his spouse is progressing in whatever fields they are in.

The men that have issues with high flier ladies have always been insecure and selfish from the the get go.

And a word for some ladies, if you got all these qualifications, please do not throw it into a man's (or woman's) face like you are competing with them.

My elder sister has Ph.d here in the states and works with the U.S federal govt - She is over 40 and not married. She's said time and time that she is not going to go outta her way to get married - she says living a life of Christ is what is most important to her.  I remember very well that if some guy did not meet her expectation especially when it comes to religion, she wont even give the guy the light of day. So it really wasnt about academics or qualifications.  But she is truly living and enjoying her life . .which is what matters.

Of course the family has tried to pressurise her . .but I respect her decision.
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by SOPRANO(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2010
[/b] @ tpia,

U r always on point, you have a neutral and transparent analogy in most of your posts, keep it up.

@ ladyjide,

how r ya, long time. hope u r doing gud,
@ OP

your topic ought to be: "why do Some" not lots. you do have a slight point tho, I've seen coleagues with impressive educational and financial arsenal having problem either getting a man or keeping one, they mostly settle for anything called "M.A.N" once the clock start running out. and it's mostly due to the fact that they were very picky when they were in their prime in settling down. However; that does not indicate that most of them are in the same pool of cumbersome relationships or lack of it, [b]
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by CyberG: 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2010
tpia1:

^^your post reeks of low self esteem and a deadbeat.

you do not know the lady and neither is she asking you to date her, so why not give the matter a rest.

when you meet a highly educated lady who is begging you for a relationship, then roll out your prejudices and bigotry, but not before then.

btw, I didnt address you. You chose to address me so stop whining after receiving a reply.

if she dates outside her race what's it to you.

You apparently have no clue about the meaning of half of the words you used up there 'cos they don't even come close to describing me. Give your advice to the poster and just me leave me the Bleep alone already!
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by question(m): 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
Divake:

A friend of mine has a 36yrs old sister that has lots of qualification to her credit(BSC,ACA,ACCA,ACIS,MBA) and writing exams to add a CFA, Over the years, she has dated a few guys who thinks she is over ambitious and left her, a down to earth lady i would say but the big issue is guys take to their heels once they found out about her qualification. is it a crime for women to be highly educated.
Are those degrees in what discipline, Nuclear physics?
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by Ladyjide(f): 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2010
SOPRANO:

[/b] @ tpia,

U r always on point, you have a neutral and transparent analogy in most of your posts, keep it up.

@ ladyjide,

how r ya, long time. hope u r doing gud,
@ OP

your topic ought to be: "why do Some" not lots. you do have a slight point tho, I've seen coleagues with impressive educational and financial arsenal having problem either getting a man or keeping one, they mostly settle for anything called "M.A.N" once the clock start running out. and it's mostly due to the fact that they were very picky when they were in their prime in settling down. However; that does not indicate that most of them are in the same pool of cumbersome relationships or lack of it, [b]

Life is great, been laying low, lol grin how are you?
Re: Why Do Women With Lots Of Qualification Finds It Hard To Get A Man? by SOPRANO(m): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
[/b]@ ladyjide,

just gat bck in town after few months away, was on a project in NYC and the contract just ran out, i'm so glad to be outta NY tho, how's philly?, did the individual link u up yet?, it totally skipped my mind. hope u staying outta trouble, [b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would He Marry Me If I Hav An Abortion For Him? / What Is Really Going On With Our Gurls? / I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.